- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- Incidental 41 (first name revealed)
- French narrator
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 37B
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Doctor (mentioned)
- Incidental 25
Plankton is crying about having no customers when a fish named Nat Peterson comes asking for a chumstick. A disbelieving Plankton gives Nat the chumstick, who says it is so good that he'll return the next day. Plankton is overjoyed by this and brags to Karen, (who seems barely shaken about it). The next day, Plankton waits at the door with a chumstick for Nat. After eight hours of waiting (Plankton falls asleep while waiting but is woken by the clock), Nat finally comes, eats the chumstick, and tells Plankton he has a regular customer on his hands.
At the Krusty Krab, Plankton appears on Mr. Krabs' desk. When the latter traps him underneath a spoon, Plankton assures gloats about having a regular customer, assuring Mr. Krabs that they'll no longer be competing. Mr. Krabs laughs at him and shows off all his customers eating Krabby Patties. Then Nat appears at the restaurant and in front of Mr. Krabs (who's holding Plankton) requests a chumstick. The scene ends with Nat carrying Plankton back to the Chum Bucket, with Plankton mocking Mr. Krabs and insulting him.
Mr. Krabs explains the situation to SpongeBob and orders him to redirect Nat to being a Krusty Rab customer through multiple attempts (mostly shoving a krabby patty into his face and at ine point forcing him to eat it) unsuccessful. Mr. Krabs bursts into tears at these failures, saying that he cannot afford for Plankton to have even just one customer. SpongeBob says that if he wants Nat to eat at the Krusty Krab, he will have to make chum as good as Plankton's. This gives Mr. Krabs the idea to steal the chum recipe.That night, Mr. Krabs sneaks into the Chum Bucket trying to steal Plankton's recipe, but Plankton catches him with a security system that involves trapping him under a giant spoon (a likely reference to when he was trapped under one). SpongeBob then grabs Plankton and starts talking about the irony of the situation, but Plankton then uses the spoon security system on SpongeBob as well. After Plankton reveals the name of his system, Karen shows on screen that Nat is headed for the Chum Bucket with a fortune. Only when Nat arrives he throws the money at Karen, calling off the deal, announcing that the chum made him get his stomach pumped twice. He then collapses in pain and is carried off by paramedics. Karen reveals to Plankton that she has been bribing Nat to eat his chum so that he would stop complaining about having no customers. This causes Plankton to feel depressed once again, calling himself "a waste of a lower life form" (to which Karen tells him unsympathetically to cut it out) before crying. Meanwhile, Spongebob mentions to Mr. Krabs about making a hasty retreat (they are still trapped under the spoons) but he decides to stay, enjoying and laughing at Plankton's misery.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Emotion Blues - Francois Fournet, Eric Gemsa [Plankton upset about having no customers]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Nat asks for a chum stick]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben ["You're kidding, right?"]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [Plankton waiting for Nat to come back]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["It's closing time."]
• Idea Sting - Nicolas Carr [Nat appears]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben [Nat asks for another chumstick]
• Birth of the Krabby Patty - Nicolas Carr ["It's perfection!"]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben ["How about I have another?"]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, my, this is amazing!"]
‣ Verve - Jack Shaindlin ["At last I've got my revenge!"]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["No way, Plankton! You're not getting me formula this time, or any time!"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What are you talking about?"]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [Krabs laughs]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben [Nat appears]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (d) - Keith Mansfield ["Oh, no! How can this be?"]
‣ ? ["Plankton's trying to overthrow me business."]
• SpongeBurgler - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, you can count on me, sir."]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [Nat refuses to eat a Krabby Patty]
• Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["There he is... just in time for breakfast."]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob tries to get Nat to eat a Krabby Patty]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield ["From now on, keep those shabby patties to yourself."]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben [Nat goes back to the Chum Bucket]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob pretending to be Karen]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["A shortcut to the Chum Bucket?"]
‣ Tripping Upstairs - Brian Peters [Krusty Krab chum]
‣ Evil Mind 8 - Dick de Benedictis ["It's... it's..."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["It's the second foulest thing I've ever tasted!"]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
• Sneaky Panther Pants - Nicolas Carr [Krabs tries to steal Plankton's recipe]
‣ Comic Capers B - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [alarm goes off]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (g) - Keith Mansfield ["What do you think, Krabs baby?"]
‣ Guerilla Warfare [#21] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Triple irony, Plankton!"]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton groans]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (f) - Keith Mansfield ["Good thing I sprang for the dual spoon installation."]
‣ Verve - Jack Shaindlin [Karen senses Nat approaching]
• Boring Morning - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob vs. The Big One, Season 6 Volume 1, Limited Edition 2 DVD Box Set, Treasure Chest: Double Pack, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, The SpongeBob Super Square Collection, Really Big Box Set, Double Feature Volume 3, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Sheldon Plankton: Mean and Green, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 8, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, Complete Sixth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This is Nat's biggest role to date in the series.
- This is the first episode to have one of the background Bikini Bottomites as one of the main characters.
- Nat's first name is revealed in this episode.
- In "Missing Identity," when Nat is at work, they say his name was Peterson. It has now been confirmed that Peterson is his last name.
- Plankton started waiting for Nat at 10:00 A.M. and ended at 5:57 P.M. That is three minutes before closing time for both the Chum Bucket and the Krusty Krab.
- When Nat goes to the Chum Bucket the second time, he eats two chumsticks, but he only paid for one.
- Foreshadowing: the first clue that Nat actually hates Plankton's chum is when the second time he goes to the Chum Bucket, he looks like he hated it, but he lies and says: "It's perfection!"
- The second clue is that he said he does not like Krabby Patties and he said he does not have any friends but in one scene, he can be seen sitting at the Krusty Krab, eating a Krabby Patty with other people.
- The third clue that Nat hates Plankton's chum is when Mr. Krabs makes Nat eat his brand of chum. When Nat eats the new chum, he says that it was the "second foulest thing he had ever tasted." He was likely referring to Plankton's chum.
- This also proves that Plankton cannot even make better chum than Mr. Krabs', which is the only thing he is good at making.
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs steals other formulas. The first is "Best Frenemies."
- This episode almost contradicts The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie as in that movie, Plankton says that he never had a customer. But in the end there is no contradiction, because Nat is revealed to not be an official customer.
- In the game SpongeBob Moves In!, one of the quest arcs involving Plankton is extremely similar to this episode's events.
- Nat is seen eating chum again in "Chum Bucket Supreme"; however, that time is only because he enjoyed saying the slogan "Chum is Fum" despite still being disgusted by the food.
- Since Karen is revealed to have been bribing Nate to eat Plankton's chum, they were never earning any money even while he was a false customer. This brings up the question how Karen had enough money to bribe Nate in the first place.
- At the beginning when Plankton is crying, he's on the floor in one scene but in the next is on Karen. It is possible that he moved onto her between scenes as there are tear streaks on the floor behind him, but it isn't clear.
- When Plankton looks out the door to see if Nat is coming, the Krusty Krab and its road are missing.
- The dollar that Nat gave to Plankton disappears after Nat leaves.
- When Plankton gets the chumstick, it seems to appear mysteriously.
- When Mr. Krabs shows his customers to Plankton, Nat is seen in the background as one of Mr. Krabs' customers despite being Plankton's customer.
- When Nat goes to smell the Krabby Patty, there is no animation that shows him bending over and after he wipes his face when SpongeBob got his face greasy.
- When Karen is shown taped to the wall, there is tape over her screen, which restricts her speech even though she has no mouth.
- When SpongeBob tries feeding Nat the Krabby Patty, the cheese is missing in the next scene.
- When Mr. Krabs is crying, he is on the chum that Nat hated, but when his eyes turn into lightbulbs, the chum is gone.
- SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs trying to get Nat to eat Krabby Patties.
- Someone's skin getting peeled off.