- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- Peterson Nat Tucker (first name revealed)
- French Narrator
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Debbie Rechid
- Dennis (citizen)
- Frankie Billy
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Miss Rechid
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Doctor (mentioned)
Plankton is once again complaining about how he has no customers, with Karen being annoyed by the constant whining. Nat Peterson instantly comes in and asks for a chumstick. Plankton at first thinks he is kidding, then Nat says he was serious, then Plankton gives Nat the chumstick. After Nat eats the chumstick, he says it is so good, he would come back the next day. Plankton is overjoyed at the fact and brags to Karen, who is barely shaken by the fact. Plankton decides to wait with a chumstick for Nat. Eight hours later, Plankton wakes up by the clock and realizes it's closing time and concludes that it was not true that Nat was coming back. However, at that moment, Nat appears. Plankton gives him the chum he had been saving, which Nat thinks is perfect after he looks like it was a very appalling meal. Nat says he will come back the next day and the next week, telling Plankton he has a regular customer on his hands.
At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is bowling, using his money as the bowling balls and pins. Plankton appears, and Mr. Krabs tries to squish him with a spoon. Plankton assures Mr. Krabs that he does not need to compete with the Krusty Krab anymore since he now has a regular customer. Mr. Krabs laughs at him and shows off all his customers eating Krabby Patties. Then Nat appears asking Plankton for another Chum Stick in front of Mr. Krabs. Nat carries Plankton back to the Chum Bucket, with Plankton mocking Mr. Krabs and insulting him. Mr. Krabs explains the situation to SpongeBob and orders him to get Nat to eat food from the Krusty Krab and not at the Chum Bucket. Every attempt is unsuccessful, first when SpongeBob simply shows Nat a Krabby Patty, which Nat immediately does not like just by smelling it, secondly, SpongeBob fakes a trip off of a rock holding Nat and pretending the Krabby Patty is coming straight for his mouth, thirdly, SpongeBob transforms into Karen and pretends to give Nat a chum stick which is a Krabby Patty, he ties up and gags Karen so they will not notice him, fourthly, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob trick Nat into going into a shortcut leading to the Chum Bucket which really leads to the Krusty Krab, they make chum Nat does not like. Mr. Krabs bursts into tears, saying that he cannot afford Plankton to have even just one customer. SpongeBob says that if he wants Nat to eat at the Krusty Krab, he will have to make chum as good as Plankton. This gives Mr. Krabs the idea to steal the chum recipe.That night, Mr. Krabs sneaks into the Chum Bucket trying to steal Plankton's recipe but Plankton catches him with the spoon security system. SpongeBob then grabs Plankton and starts talking about the irony of the situation, but Plankton then uses the spoon security system on SpongeBob. After Plankton reveals the name of his system, Karen shows, on screen, that Nat is heading for the Chum Bucket with a fortune. Nat comes back telling Plankton that the Chum made him sick twice since he only pretended to like the food so Karen would pay him so that Plankton would stop complaining. Because of this, Plankton feels miserable again and realizes that he actually never had a regular customer. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs to escape, but Mr. Krabs decides to stay and laugh at Plankton's misery.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Marlin March - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Emotion Blues - Francois Fournet, Eric Gemsa [Plankton upset about having no customers]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Nat asks for a chum stick]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben ["You're kidding, right?"]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [Plankton waiting for Nat to come back]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["It's closing time."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Nat appears]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben [Nat asks for another chumstick]
‣ Unknown Track 37 - Nicolas Carr ["It's perfection!"]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben ["How about I have another?"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, my, this is amazing!"]
‣ Verve - Jack Shaindlin ["At last I've got my revenge!"]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["No way, Plankton! You're not getting me formula this time, or any time!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What are you talking about?"]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [Krabs laughs]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben [Nat appears]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (d) - Keith Mansfield ["Oh, no! How can this be?"]
‣ ? ["Plankton's trying to overthrow me business."]
‣ Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, you can count on me, sir."]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [Nat refuses to eat a Krabby Patty]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["There he is... just in time for breakfast."]
‣ Short Rising Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, no! Too late! No! No!"]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob tries to get Nat to eat a Krabby Patty]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["From now on, keep those shabby patties to yourself."]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben [Nat goes back to the Chum Bucket]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob pretending to be Karen]
‣ What's This Sting - Nicolas Carr ["A shortcut to the Chum Bucket?"]
‣ Tripping Upstairs - Brian Peters [Krusty Krab chum]
‣ Evil Mind 8 - Dick de Benedictis ["It's... it's..."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["It's the second foulest thing I've ever tasted!"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
‣ Slinky Panther Pants - Nicolas Carr [Krabs tries to steal Plankton's recipe]
‣ Comic Capers B - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [alarm goes off]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (g) - Keith Mansfield ["What do you think, Krabs baby?"]
‣ Guerilla Warfare [#21] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Triple irony, Plankton!"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton groans]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (f) - Keith Mansfield ["Good thing I sprang for the dual spoon installation."]
‣ Verve - Jack Shaindlin [Karen senses Nat approaching]
‣ Boring Morning - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob vs. The Big One, Season 6 Volume 1, Complete Sixth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This is Nat's biggest role to date in the series.
- Nat's first name is revealed in this episode.
- In "Missing Identity," when Nat is at work, they said his name was Peterson. It has now been confirmed that Peterson is his last name.
- Plankton started waiting for Nat at 10:00 A.M. and ended at 5:57 P.M. That is three minutes before closing time for both the Chum Bucket and the Krusty Krab.
- When Nat goes to the Chum Bucket the second time, he eats two chumsticks, but he only paid for one.
- Mr. Krabs in this episode shows an extreme level of pettiness as he apparently does not want Plankton to have even one customer, despite meaning it would save him the grief of stopping Plankton from stealing the patty formula. This further expands Mr. Krabs' evil and cruel nature.
- Karen is proven to be very cruel, as she lied to Plankton and does not care that he is sad.
- This is one of few episodes to have SpongeBob as a supporting character. Some others are "Squidville," "Band Geeks," "Pineapple Invasion," "Krusty Katering," and "Plankton Retires."
- The first clue that Nat actually hates Plankton's chum is when the second time Nat goes to the Chum Bucket, Nat looks like he hated it, but he lies and says: "It's perfection!"
- The second clue is that he said he does not like Krabby Patties and he said he does not have any friends but in one scene, he can be seen sitting at the Krusty Krab, eating a Krabby Patty with other people.
- The third clue that Nat hates Plankton's Chum is when Mr. Krabs makes Nat eat his brand of chum. When Nat eats the new chum, he says that it was the "second foulest thing he had ever tasted." He was likely referring to Plankton's Chum.
- This also proves that Plankton can't even make better Chum than Mr Krabs's, which is the only thing he's good at making.
- This is the first episode to have one of the Bikini Bottomites as one of the main characters.
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs steals other formulas. The first is "Best Frenemies."
- This is the second time Krabs attempts to steal Plankton's secret recipe, the first being "The Algae's Always Greener."
- This episode contradicts The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie as, in that movie, Plankton says that he never had a customer. However, in this episode, he does.
- It's likely that Plankton may have forgotten about Nat, or didn't count him as a customer since Karen was paying Nat to eat his chum.
- Also in "New Leaf," he did once have a rat as a customer, thus another contradiction. He also had a bunch of customers in "Chum Caverns", "Chum Fricassee" and "Chum Bucket Supreme".
- Nat is seen eating chum again in "Chum Bucket Supreme;" however, this time is only because he enjoyed saying the slogan "Chum is Fum" despite still being disgusted by the food.
- Part of this episode takes place on Wednesday and Thursday because Nat says that he is coming back the next day and the day after that and the week after that, indicating that the "day after that" part is Saturday.
- In the game SpongeBob Moves In!, one of the quest arcs involving Plankton is extremely similar to this episode's events.
- At the beginning, when Plankton is crying, he is on the floor. In the next scene, he is on Karen. Also, when he is complaining at the beginning, he rips his skin off, but later, when he is on the floor crying, his skin is back.
- When Plankton looks out the door to see if Nat is coming, the Krusty Krab and its road are missing.
- The dollar that Nat gave to Plankton disappears after Nat left.
- When Mr. Krabs shows his customers to Plankton, Nat is seen in the background as one of Mr. Krabs' customers despite being Plankton's customer.
- When Nat goes to smell the Krabby Patty, there is no animation that shows him bending over and after he wipes his face when SpongeBob got his face greasy.
- When Karen is shown taped to the wall, there is tape over her screen, which restricts her speech even though she has no mouth.
- When SpongeBob tries feeding Nat the Krabby Patty, the cheese is missing in the next scene.
- When Mr. Krabs is crying, he is on the chum that Nat hated, but when his eyes turn into lightbulbs, the chum is gone.
- Nat getting chum, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs trying to get him to eat Krabby Patties, and someone's skin getting peeled off.