- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Karen Plankton
- Patrick Star (2 cameos)
- Sandy Cheeks (2 cameos)
- Larry the Lobster (cameo)
- Bubble Bass (cameo)
- French Narrator
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 18
- Old Man Jenkins
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 92
The episode begins with Mr. Krabs at his desk and whistling with pickles. SpongeBob enters and they briefly discuss Mr. Krabs' obsession with money. Then, they both leave the room. Plankton pops out of the pickle jar. He hops on top of the secret formula's safe and attempts to open it. It does not open, even after Plankton studies the combination. Plankton soon falls off onto the floor. Mr. Krabs bursts in and, mistaking Plankton for a pickle, he puts him in his mouth, and then spits him out, making Plankton bruised and injured all over. Approximately ten hours later, Plankton arrives at the Chum Bucket, when Karen suggests that Plankton should get a second eye to see the safe's combination more clearly as she states that with only one eye, he lacks depth perception. The two-eye surgery Plankton attempts results in him turning into a creature with many eyes that combine to make one huge eye. On the second try, Plankton's new eye turns into an eye-creature with robotic legs. Finally, Karen says Plankton needs teardrops successfully complete the procedure, so he makes himself cry, only to be told by Karen that he needs teardrops from a person that has two eyes. So, Plankton pursues SpongeBob to get him to cry. After finding him having a picnic, Plankton tells SpongeBob a sad story about himself and his milk spilling and Plankton actually does what happened in the story, causing SpongeBob to cry uncontrollably. Plankton gets the tear sample he sought after and begins the third surgery, in which Karen drops SpongeBob's tear liquid into Plankton's eye. An eye similar to one of SpongeBob's sprouts from his face, and Plankton sees things as SpongeBob does, that is, all happy and full of optimism. He goes after the secret formula but instead stops to admire the beauty of his surroundings.
When Plankton arrives again at the Chum Bucket near the end of the day, Karen realizes that the second eye is giving Plankton a split personality, calling him "Neevil." Plankton is stubborn and denies her claim, however, and tries to disprove her by stealing the formula, but Plankton is, once again, distracted by Bubble Bass, who is in need of a rescue from a burning building. After the rescue, Plankton randomly finds the formula on the ground and returns it to Mr. Krabs like a nice person, but Mr. Krabs, however, thinks Plankton is playing a trick. It is now that Plankton finally realizes that he is actually non-evil now, so he tries to remove the eye several times but fails.
Plankton returns to the Chum Bucket and falls into despair. However, a surprise party is thrown for Plankton's good deeds. It seems that everybody in town is at the party. As SpongeBob and all of his friends hug Plankton, the second eye pops off. Plankton becomes evil again and drives out the party-goers with red infrared security attack lasers. The episode ends with Plankton bumping his head on the door because of his depth-perception issues caused by having only one eye once again, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [opening]
‣ Music, Box - [General Series 6000 Extension] [Krabs putting money to bed]
• Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton gets out of pickle jar]
• Fooling Around Lo Brass - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [approximately 10 hours later...]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh Karen, if you could just see things the way I do."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9B - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton's flashback]
• Fooling Around Lo Brass - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I think you hit it!"]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin ["Looks like it's time for an upgrade!"]
‣ Lost in the Galaxy [#34] - Harry Lubin [Plankton activates machine]
‣ Scary Search - Harry Lubin [Plankton grows several eyes]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin ["Binocular vision, here I come!"]
‣ Lost in the Galaxy [#34] - Harry Lubin [robotic eye zaps everything]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Next."]
• Clowning Around - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Your experiments are missing one essential ingredient."]
‣ Drama Link (D) - Hubert Clifford [Plankton screams]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 8B - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton cries]
• Clowning Around - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Two eyes, huh?"]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob on a picnic]
• Salt Water Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5A - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob opens his face like a refrigerator.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob drinks the milk.]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin [Plankton strapped to a table/Second eye grows on Plankton.]
‣ Mad Street - James McConnel ["Now for my next target, the Krabby Patty formula!"]
• Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Why does everything look so wei-... look so beautiful?!"]
• Wiggle Wobble - Pat Irwin [Plankton returns home]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I'm as evil as ever!"]
‣ Hero v. the Villain - Johnny Pearson [Plankton rescues Bubble Bass]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 11A - Jeremy Wakefield ["Thanks, buddy."]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["This eye is taking over!"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["It's the Krabby Patty formula!"]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr ["Why didn't I run off with it?"]
• Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Since when do you care about stealing?"]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin ["Must become monocular again!"/Second eye appears again.]
• Wiggle Wobble - Pat Irwin ["I think Plankton has really changed."]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Uh-huh."]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin [Plankton comes home]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 12 - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton cries]
• Aloha Bikini Bottom - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [surprise party]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on The Complete Eighth Season, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 13, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Next 100 Episodes, and The Seventh & Eighth Seasons DVDs.
- This episode is similar to the comic strip Spongeclops (in the 2009 October/Halloween issue of Nickelodeon Magazine) when Plankton wants two eyes, but in the comic, everyone else gets one eye like Plankton.
- In this episode, the safe in the office is shown to have a combination of 35-25-4. However, in "Spy Buddies," the combination is different, with a combination of 35-20-0.
- Mr. Krabs likely changed it to prevent Plankton from stealing the Krabby Patty secret formula.
- When Plankton tries to open Mr. Krabs' safe, he tries to pull it open from the wrong side, so even if he knew the combination, he could not have gotten it open.
- The way Mr. Krabs sucks on the pickle in the beginning resembles someone smoking a cigar.
- This and its sister episode both play "Slide Whistle Stooges" at the end.
- This is the second episode where Bubble Bass sits on Plankton. The first was in "F.U.N."
- This episode shows Plankton influencing SpongeBob for the third time, with the first two being "F.U.N." and "The Inside Job."
- In the Croatian dub, the episode's title is "Plankton ima novo oko" or "Plankton has a new eye."
- The "Approximately 10 Hours Later" time card background is similar to the title card background of "The Algae's Always Greener" and the "12:00 Midnight" time card of "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve."
- This is the only episode to combine Plankton's sensitivity about being small and stepped on all the time due to his lack of depth perception.
- This is the first appearance of Bubble Bass in over ten years. His last appearance was in "Fools in April."
- Inside of SpongeBob, along with the spare milk carton, there is a pie which is likely a reference to the exploding pie.
- When Plankton becomes one giant eyeball with limbs, he sort of resembles a Patapon.
- Gary is listed in the voice acting credits, although he does not appear in the episode.
- Plankton chases everybody out with "infrared" lasers at the end, but if they were really infrared, they would be impossible to see (the prefix "infra" means below or lower than, so it means a color beyond the lowest color perception (red) a human can see).
- Plankton should not have required depth perception to read the combination on the safe or know which direction to turn it, as depth perception is more associated with spatial awareness and three dimensional perception.
- Karen had no way of knowing that Plankton had tried unsuccessfully to unlock the safe. However, it is possible that he explained his plan to her before leaving and she just assumed he had been unable to unlock it.
- When Mr. Krabs thought Plankton was a pickle and ate him, Plankton could have easily prevented this by calling out to Mr. Krabs. Why he did not is unclear.