- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Karen Plankton
- Patrick Star (2 cameos)
- Sandy Cheeks (2 cameos)
- Larry the Lobster (cameo)
- Bubble Bass (cameo)
- French Narrator
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 18
- Old Man Jenkins
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 92
SynopsisThe episode begins with Mr. Krabs at his desk and whistling with pickles. SpongeBob enters and they briefly discuss Mr. Krabs' obsession with money. Then, they both leave the room. Plankton pops out of the pickle jar. He hops on top of the secret formula's safe and attempts to open it. It doesn't open, even after Plankton studied the combination. Plankton soon falls off onto the floor. Mr. Krabs bursts in and, mistaking Plankton for a pickle, he eats him, making Plankton bruised and injured all over. Approximately ten hours later, Plankton arrives at the Chum Bucket, when Karen suggests that Plankton should get a second eye to see the safe's combination more clearly as she states that with only one eye, he lacks depth perception. The two-eye surgery Plankton attempts results in him turning into a creature with many eyes that combine to make one huge eye. On the second try, Plankton's new eye turns into an eye-creature with robotic legs. Finally, Karen says Plankton needs teardrops successfully complete the procedure, so he makes himself cry, only to be told by Karen that he needs teardrops from a person that has two eyes. So, Plankton pursues SpongeBob to get him to cry. After finding him having a picnic, Plankton tells SpongeBob a sad story about himself and his milk spilling and Plankton actually did what happened in the story, causing SpongeBob to cry uncontrollably. Plankton gets the tear sample he sought after and begins the third surgery, in which Karen drops SpongeBob's tear liquid into Plankton's eye. An eye similar to one of SpongeBob's sprouts from his face, and Plankton sees things as SpongeBob does, that is, all happy and full of optimism. He goes after the secret formula but instead stops to admire the beauty of his surroundings.
When Plankton arrives again at the Chum Bucket near the end of the day, Karen realizes that the second eye is giving Plankton a split personality, calling him "Neevil." Plankton is stubborn and denies her claim,
however, and tries to disprove her by stealing the formula, but Plankton is, once again, distracted by Bubble Bass, who was in need of a rescue from a burning building. After the rescue, Plankton randomly finds the formula on the ground and returns it to Mr. Krabs like a nice person, but Mr. Krabs, however, thinks Plankton is playing a trick. It is now that Plankton finally realizes that he is actually non-evil now, so he tries to remove the eye several times but fails.
Plankton returns to the Chum Bucket and falls into despair. However, a surprise party is thrown for Plankton's good deeds. It seems that everybody in town is at the party. As SpongeBob hugs Plankton, the second eye falls off. Plankton becomes evil again and drives out the party-goers with red infrared lasers. The episode ends with Plankton bumping his head on the door because of his depth-perception issues caused by having only one eye.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [opening]
• Rock-a-Bye Baby - Nicolas Carr [Krabs putting money to bed]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton gets out of pickle jar]
‣ Fooling Around Lo Brass - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [approximately 10 hours later...]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh Karen, if you could just see things the way I do."]
‣ Fooling Around Lo Brass - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I think you hit it!"]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin ["Looks like it's time for an upgrade!"]
‣ Lost in the Galaxy [#34] - Harry Lubin [Plankton activates machine]
‣ Scary Search - Harry Lubin [Plankton grows several eyes]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin ["Binocular vision, here I come!"]
‣ Lost in the Galaxy [#34] - Harry Lubin [robotic eye zaps everything]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Next."]
• Clowning Around - Barry Anthony ["Your experiments are missing one essential ingredient."]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Plankton screams]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton cries]
• Clowning Around - Barry Anthony ["Two eyes, huh?"]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob on a picnic]
• Salt Water Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob opens his face like a refrigerator.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob drinks the milk.]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin [Plankton strapped to a table/Second eye grows on Plankton.]
‣ Mad Street - James McConnel ["Now for my next target, the Krabby Patty formula!"]
• Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Why does everything look so... beautiful?"]
• Wiggle Wobble - Pat Irwin [Plankton returns home]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I'm as evil as ever!"]
‣ Hero v. the Villain - Johnny Pearson [Plankton rescues Bubble Bass]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Thanks, buddy."]
‣ Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["This eye is taking over!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["It's the Krabby Patty formula!"]
• Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Why didn't I run off with it?"]
• Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Since when do you care about stealing?"]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin ["Must become monocular again!"/Second eye appears again.]
• Wiggle Wobble - Pat Irwin ["I think Plankton has really changed."]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Uh-huh."]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin [Plankton comes home]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (p) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton cries]
• Aloha Bikini Bottom - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [surprise party]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is similar to the comic strip Spongeclops (in the 2009 October/Halloween issue of Nickelodeon Magazine) when Plankton wants two eyes, but in the comic, everyone else gets one eye like Plankton.
- In this episode, the safe in the office is shown to have a combination of 35-25-4. However, in "Spy Buddies," the combination is different, with a combination of 35-20-0.
- Mr Krabs likely changed it to prevent Plankton from stealing the Krabby Patty secret formula.
- When Plankton becomes one giant eyeball with limbs, he sort of resembles a Patapon.
- Inside of SpongeBob, along with the spare milk carton, there is a pie.
- When Plankton tries to open Mr. Krabs' safe, he tries to pull it open from the wrong side, so even if he knew the combination, he couldn't have gotten it open.
- The way Mr. Krabs sucks on the pickle in the beginning resembles someone smoking a cigar.
- This and the sister episode "Mermaid Man Begins" both play Slide Whistle Stooges at the end.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Bubble Bass in 11 years since the season 1 episode "Fools in April" which premiered on April 1, 2000.
- This episode marks the second time Bubble Bass sits on Plankton. The first is in "F.U.N."
- This episode shows Plankton influencing SpongeBob for the third time. The first two being "F.U.N." and "The Inside Job."
- In the Croatian dub, the episode's title is "Plankton ima novo oko" or "Plankton has a new eye."
- The "Approximately 10 Hours Later" time card background is similar to the title card background of "The Algae's Always Greener" background.
- To prove that Plankton is becoming "neevil," Karen makes him do a Rorschach test.
- Gary is listed in the voice acting credits, although he does not appear in the episode.
- Plankton chases everybody out with "infrared" lasers at the end, but if they were really infrared, they would be impossible to see (the prefix "infra" means below or lower than, so it means a color beyond the lowest color perception (red) a human can see).