- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sheldon J. Plankton (debut)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mr. Krabs
- Karen (debut)
- Patrick Star (sleeping)
- Gary the Snail
At the Krusty Krab, Squidward sends SpongeBob an order for a Krabby Patty and it ended up in his nose. After making the patty, it begins to "move" and makes its way towards the front door. Mr. Krabs pulls Plankton out of the burger and sends him back to the Chum Bucket. Krabs explains that Plankton is his arch-competitor, and has been trying to steal the Krabby Patty's secret formula for years.
That night, after the Krusty Krab closes, Plankton tries to convince SpongeBob he and the fry cook are friends, and that as such SpongeBob should come to Plankton's birthday, as it is supposedly the following day. Plankton says that friends give each other things. Plankton asks SpongeBob what he thinks he'd like for a birthday present, and SpongeBob guesses a booster seat. Plankton is very happy with that proposition, but refuses. Plankton tells SpongeBob that, for his birthday, he wants SpongeBob to give him a Krabby Patty. SpongeBob loudly and boldly refuses and runs back home, but Plankton promises that SpongeBob will "hand deliver it to (him) personally."
Later that night, Plankton enters SpongeBob's head through a pore and makes his way to SpongeBob's brain. He attaches a mind control device to the brain and bends SpongeBob to his will, forcing him to walk to the Krusty Krab, get a Krabby Patty, and bring it to the Chum Bucket's Laboratory.
- Associated production music
The following is a list of music tracks used in the episode.
‣ Chill Out - ?
- The Surfdusters (title card) ‣ Titi De Paris - ?
- Daniel Janin (opening) ‣ Heavenly Voices (b) - ?
- David Farnon (shot of Krabby Patty) ‣ Death Trap - ?
- Gregor F. Narholz ("That Krabby Patty is haunted!") ‣ Phantom Train - ?
- The Surfdusters (Plankton revealed) ‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - ?
- Chelmsford Folk Band (Plankton thrown back to Chum Bucket) ‣ Holiday Dream - ?
- Max Mahlmann (that night...) ‣ Haunted Surf - ?
- The Surfdusters ("Psst... young man.") ‣ Background Blues - ?
- Otto Sieben ("I just want to talk.") ‣ Black Stockings - ?
- David Lindup (Plankton drooling) ‣ Drama Link (d) - ?
- Hubert Clifford (SpongeBob gasps) ‣ Verve - ?
- Jack Shaindlin (dramatic music on record) ‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - ?
- Richard Myhill (SpongeBob in bed) ‣ Haunted Surf - ?
- The Surfdusters (Plankton disguised as a flower) ‣ The Alphabet Song (a) - ?
- Peter Gosling (wrong side of record) ‣ Verve - ?
- Jack Shaindlin (dramatic music again) ‣ House of Horror - ?
- W. Merrick Farran (Plankton in SpongeBob's head) ‣ Phantom Train - ?
- The Surfdusters (SpongeBob wakes up) ‣ Monks (c) - ?
- Dave Hewson (SpongeBob talking in Plankton's voice) ‣ Shock (r) - ?
- Dave Hewson ("Something must be wrong with my brain!") ‣ Shock (u) - ?
- Dave Hewson ("Plankton! What kind of friend are you?") ‣ Phantom Train - ?
- The Surfdusters (Squidward faints) ‣ The Nightmare Begins (a) - ?
- John Devereaux (Plankton's lab) ‣ Verve - ?
- Jack Shaindlin (dramatic music on record) ‣ Enter the Villain - ?
- Chris Payne, Paul Rogers (Plankton's analyzer) ‣ Panic Stricken - ?
- Chris Payne, Paul Rogers ("This little piggy brought home a Krabby Patty.") ‣ Heavenly Voices (b) - ?
- David Farnon (SpongeBob's last words) ‣ Maui Beach - ?
- Hans Haider (SpongeBob describing the Krabby Patty) ‣ Hilo March - ?
- The Hawaiian Serenaders (ending)
- A scene from Melon Felons appears on the big TV at the Chum Bucket, when it shows Plankton's "lab" (dog).
- Plankton plays the nursery rhyme "This Little Piggy" on SpongeBob while trying to force him to drop the Krabby Patty
- When Plankton says "You weak-minded fool!", this is a reference to Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
- This episode features Audio Commentary on the The Complete 1st Season DVD.
- There's a banned scene were Squidward being naked was cut.
- On the schedule the episode is called "Plankton", omitting the "!".
- Doug Lawrence in the audio commentary revealed he won the voice of Plankton in an auditioning contest held at the beginning of production.
- This is the first appearance of a golden spatula. The other appearance will be in "Neptune's Spatula."
- In Plankton's laboratory, Karen is on the right wall from the doors, rather than the usual location straight ahead of the doors.
- This is the only episode where SpongeBob's bed featuring flowers
- This is the fourth episode with its name in it.
- This is the first time Spongebob cries.
- A Lego SpongeBob set Build-a-Bob is based on this episode.
- As Plankton says, "This is my lab." it shows a real live Labrador. This would also appear on the SpongeBob level on Nicktoons Unite!.
- The labrador/laboratory gag was used before in another cartoon, Dexter's Laboratory.
- According to the captions, when Plankton speaks to Squidward through Spongebob, he says Squidward's creations are "worth less than a protozoan's waist". This might be an error, as Plankton could have meant, "protozoan's waste". Since protozoans are extremely tiny creatures, and thus their waists would be small as well, it's possible that the captions were accurate.
- This is the first episode that takes place at dark.
- First time Gary is shown in his new appearance. Help Wanted used a different look.
- Spongebob laughs different in this episode.
- Plankton has a record in which to dramatize his evil schemes. The record is Verve by Jack Shaindlin, and it's B-side is The Alphabet Song sung by John Gosling.
- Although it is not very likely, the scene where Spongebob turned his head 180 degrees may have been a parody of, or reference to, the film "The Exorcist".
- According to Karen, Plankton is 1% evil, 99% hot gas
- When Mr.Krabs first appears on this episode, his first lines are "Avast ye patty pirate! This is no ghost. This is... Plankton!" When he says "This is no ghost" his mouth is visable, however his lips do not move.
- When Spongebob is first making Krabby Patties, he throws one up in the air that disappears, probably because he had already put one in his head
- When SpongeBob walks into Squidward's room, it is on the 1st floor. However, in other episodes, it is on the 2nd. it's possible Squidward moved upstairs.
- When SpongeBob walks into Squidward's house, his bedroom is on the first floor, and it is the only room on the first floor.
- When SpongeBob drops the golden spatula it is right next to him. When he walks away from Plankton it is gone.
- At night when SpongeBob is walking home, he moves his head to his left and right. The Krusty Krab then disappears.
- The brain-control device says "Total Control", however all Plankton controls is SpongeBob's movements.
- When SpongeBob first walks toward his pants, his tie is red. When SpongeBob's pants are pulled across his face, his tie is black. Right after his pants are back in there normal spot on the hanger, his tie is red again. This error also occurs in "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve.
- This is the first episode to have a main characters name in the title.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|