- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Phil (mentioned)
- Phil Preflumster
- Squidward Tentacles
- Jellyfish (cameo on puzzle)
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
In the beginning of the episode, SpongeBob and Patrick go outside so they can play jellyfishing. However, when they check the weather on TV, it turns out a severe storm will come, forcing them to stay inside. The two start putting boards around the house to protect themselves, but the noise causes Squidward to get hurt while tweezing his eyebrows.
When Squidward comes to his house to complain, SpongeBob, thinking he came to stay safe from the storm, tells him all the things they will do. When he tries to leave, he gets struck by lightning and all three are stuck in the house.
The three try to pass the time by playing several games. After Squidward gets annoyed by the way SpongeBob and Patrick try to solve a jigsaw puzzle, he tricks them by drawing a line as a boundary and goes to the bedroom.
He gets hungry while up there and finds some food to eat, only for it to be snail food. He tries to get more food, but SpongeBob stops him as he will not allow him to cross the chalk line Squidward made.
He escapes anyways and takes all the food in the fridge, leading to all three going crazy over the food. After a while, Squidward thinks the storm has stopped and runs out, only to fall down a large height as the storm was under SpongeBob's house. Squidward then moans and complains about the weatherman, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
• Kalua Jubalee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [opening]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [weather on TV]
• Gator - Steve Belfer ["This seems like a strange time to start decorating."]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob stepped on a nail]
‣ Fruity Flute - Harry Bluestone [Squidward tweezing his eyebrows]
• Steel Licks 30 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward accidentally rips some skin off]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward angry]
• Unknown Goofy Cue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I guess Squidward's not part of nature."]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward struck by lightning]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob lights a candle]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (d) - Dick Stephen Walter ["How about some of those games you promised?"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [playing tic-tac-toe]
‣ High Hazard - Philippe Pares [Patrick struggling to complete a jigsaw puzzle]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Go, Patrick, go!"]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["I told you creatures I was trying to take a nap over here!"]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward struck by lightning again]
‣ Will He, Won't He? - David Lindup ["It's a game called Boundaries."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["I have a question."]
• Chaulky Horror Organ - Nicolas Carr ["I... brought some!"]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward goes into SpongeBob's room]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Squidward's hungry]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob as a border guard]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward runs downstairs to get food and SpongeBob chases him]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward start to act like animals]
‣ Fates [#61] - Gregor F. Narholz ["Is one little storm all it takes to turn us into complete animals?"]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, did you hear that?"]
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- The episode is available on the Viking-Sized Adventures, Season 6 Volume 2, Complete Sixth Season, Big Hits: Volume 1, Triple Pack 2, Time Travel, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 10, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Kids Double Pack: Volume 5, Kids Double Pack: Volume 7, Season 6 Volume 5, SpongeBob's Legendary Adventures, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This episode was paired up with a rerun of "Shell Shocked" during the original American airing, but since it has re-airing with "Chum Caverns."
- The title card background is similar to "Home Sweet Pineapple" and "Squid's Visit."
- This was the second episode to premiere during the Nickelodeon's "Deep Sea Danger Zone" marathon.
- The title to this episode is a reference to the term cabin fever, a claustrophobic reaction to being shut in a small place with nothing to do for a long time.
- When Squidward was annoyed at the beginning of the episode, he breaks the wood from SpongeBob's door but near the end when he escapes out of SpongeBob's house, suddenly there is wood again.
- The cover of the Tic-Tac-Toe rules book SpongeBob was reading had its title on the right side of the book, when it should be on the left.
- When Patrick first gets the can, it has a yellow label, but when SpongeBob says the noise was Patrick chewing on his can, it has a red label.