- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Phil (mentioned)
- Phil Preflumster
- Squidward Tentacles
- Jellyfish (cameo on puzzle)
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
SpongeBob and Patrick are about to go jellyfishing one sunny day. They decide to watch the weather report on TV before they go, where the weatherman (Phil Preflumuster) says today's weather forecast calls for a horrible storm that will ravage the Bikini Bottom area. SpongeBob and Patrick immediately start boarding up the house, trying to convert it into a shelter capable of withstanding extreme weather.
Meanwhile Squidward is plucking his eyebrows. He is trying to concentrate when he heard Patrick pound a nail into the wall next door, causing him to accidentally rip his entire eyebrow. When Squidward goes over to complain SpongeBob asks if he would like to stay during the storm. He lists a bunch of activities they can do to pass the time (drinking hot cocoa, playing board games, watching TV, etc). Squidward is about to leave when a bolt of lightning strikes and the storm begins, leaving him stuck inside with SpongeBob and Patrick.
After drinking hot cocoa, playing tic-tac-toe and completing a jigsaw puzzle, Squidward becomes fed up and decides to play a new game called "Boundaries." The object of the game is to see how long everyone leaves Squidward alone until the storm passes. Squidward then walks upstairs, draws a line on the floor with chalk and goes inside SpongeBob's room.
Squidward soon becomes hungry and goes outside, where he finds SpongeBob guarding the line now dressed as a security guard. SpongeBob tells him no one is to cross the boundary. Squidward claims he is the one who drew the line and SpongeBob asks to see his identification papers. Squidward says if SpongeBob lets him cross the boundary he can grab them. SpongeBob becomes suspicious and asks Squidward to accompany him downstairs so they can find out the truth. Squidward explodes with anger and rushes down the stairs and into the kitchen, where he starts taking food out of the refridgerator. SpongeBob follows him to the kitchen, jumps out of his security guard costume and lands on Squidward's back. Squidward runs into SpongeBob's living room and crashes into Patrick, and the food goes flying into every corner of the room.
Everyone gets up and starts to run around in circles fighting over the food, screaming like chimpanzees. Squidward and SpongeBob start fighting over the burger until it goes flying onto the ceiling and gets stuck. Squidward then listens closely outside and thinks that the storm has stopped. He runs out of the pineapple without realizing that it is now at the top of a tornado. Squidward falls all the way down, saying "Curse you Preflumster!"
This section is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by making this section specific and short.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Kalua Jubilee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [opening]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [weather on TV]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["This seems like a strange time to start decorating."]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob stepped on a nail]
‣ Fruity Flute - Harry Bluestone [Squidward tweezing his eyebrows]
‣ Steel Sting (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward accidentally rips some skin off]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward angry]
‣ Silly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I guess Squidward's not part of nature."]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward struck by lightning]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob lights a candle]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (d) - Dick Stephen Walter ["How about some of those games you promised?"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [playing tic-tac-toe]
‣ High Hazard - Philippe Pares [Patrick struggling to complete a jigsaw puzzle]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Go, Patrick, go!"]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["I told you creatures I was trying to take a nap over here!"]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward struck by lightning again]
‣ Will He, Won't He? - David Lindup ["It's a game called Boundaries."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["I have a question."]
‣ ? ["I... brought some!"]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward goes into SpongeBob's room]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Squidward's hungry]
‣ Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob as a border guard]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward runs downstairs to get food and SpongeBob chases him]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward start to act like animals]
‣ Fates - Gregor F. Narholz ["Is one little storm all it takes to turn us into complete animals?"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, did you hear that?"]
‣ Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- The episode is available on the Viking-Sized Adventures, Season 6 Volume 2, Complete Sixth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- The title card background for this episode is similar to "Squid's Visit" and "Home Sweet Pineapple."
- This was the second episode to premiere during the Nickelodeon's "Deep Sea Danger Zone" marathon.
- This is the second time an underwater tornado appears. The first was in "Pizza Delivery" and the third was in "Food Con Castaways."
- Patrick says he was aging 30 years per second, making him 180 years old in 6 seconds. However, after the scene cuts to Squidward being hit by another lightning strike, he becomes young again.
- Patrick was probably trying to say "voila" instead of "violin."
- Running gag: Squidward being struck by lightning.
- During the chase scene when SpongeBob got on Squidward's back in the living room, the background repeats itself.
- Then again, they were just running around the room.
- This chase scene is similar to the scene from "Ugh" where they fight for the fire.
- This episode is paired with "Chum Caverns," but Comcast guide says "Shell Shocked" instead.
- This episode premiered four years after SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D: Ride opened, three years after "All That Glitters" and "Wishing You Well" premiered, and one year after "The Splinter" premiered.
- The same track plays for both the title card and ending, that being Clownfish Capers.
- The title to this episode is a reference to the term cabin fever, a claustrophobic reaction to being shut in a small place with nothing to do for a long time.
- When Squidward was annoyed at the beginning of the episode, he breaks the wood from SpongeBob's door but near the end when he escapes out of SpongeBob's house, suddenly there's wood again.
- The cover of the Tic-Tac-Toe rules book SpongeBob was reading had it's title on the right side of the book. It should really be the left.
- When Patrick first gets the can, it has a yellow label, but when SpongeBob says the noise was Patrick chewing on his can, it has a red label.