- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sea spiders
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Mrs. Puff (color pallette in the background)
- Talking dog (mentioned)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Incidental 1 (Fred) (name revealed: Fred)
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 6 (name revealed: Tom)
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 10
- Incidental 11
- Incidental 12
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 15
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 17
- Incidental 18
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 21
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 24
- Incidental 25
- Incidental 26
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 28
- Incidental 29
- Incidental 30
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 32
- Incidental 33
- Incidental 35
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 38 (Scooter)
- Incidental 39
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 62
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 70
- Incidental 71
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 81
- Incidental 82
- Incidental 83 (Old Man Walker)
- Incidental 84
- Incidental 85
- Incidental 87 (Mary)
- Incidental 90
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 93
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 107 (can barely be seen)
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 152 (debut)
- Incidental 156 (Sandals) (debut)
- Incidental 157
- Other customers
- Members of the band (debut)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Larry the Lobster (cameo)
- Realistic Fish Head
The Krusty Krab, having gone without a customer for 36 days, is filled with dust, cobwebs, and even a skeleton. An emaciated fish crawls in, claiming that he hasn't had any sustenance in three days. After confirming the fellow can pay, Mr. Krabs has SpongeBob bring him a meal. However, the fish refuses, saying that there's no pizzazz in the Krusty Krab, and so resumes his search for food, water, and atmosphere. Mr. Krabs remains skeptical, but then overhears a conversation between Tom and Fred about a talking dog at the Shell Shack, and realizes that what he needs is a gimmick to attract customers. SpongeBob tries to share an idea, but Mr. Krabs decides instead to bury himself alive and which will easily draw in a crowd. When news of the talking dog singing reaches them, though, they quickly leave.
SpongeBob remains ignored by Mr. Krabs, who desperately racks his brain for an answer, until he appears from the heavens heralding to Mr. Krabs his idea. Finally having his attention, SpongeBob shows him a green patty. Mr. Krabs is disgusted thinking that the patty is spoiled and tries to incinerate it. SpongeBob then removes his fire-proof suit to reveal Pretty Patties, Krabby Patties painted in "six designer colors." Mr. Krabs and Squidward laugh at this notion, mocking SpongeBob with other ridiculous novelties such as sequin milkshakes and bow-tie French fries. Deeply hurt, SpongeBob quits his job as a fry cook and vows to open his own restaurant and prove them wrong, making them laugh all the more.
With Patrick's help, SpongeBob sets up a stand in front of his house to sell his Pretty Patties, though it initially seems unsuccessful. He tries to give a passerby a Pretty Patty, who laughs at its green color. SpongeBob is about to give up when the fish notices a Patty in purple, his favorite color, and proclaims Pretty Patties to be the best idea ever.
News of the skyrocketing sales of Pretty Patties reaches Mr. Krabs at a rundown Krusty Krab, who incredulously decides to take a look. There are thousands of customers surrounding the stand, clamoring for their turn. Mr. Krabs notes that he's never had a line before, much less the 46,853 customers that SpongeBob is currently waiting on. Finally making it through the crowd, Mr. Krabs meekly congratulates SpongeBob on his success. While proud of what he's achieved, SpongeBob admits he misses his days at the Krusty Krab. Seeing an opportunity, Mr. Krabs persuades SpongeBob to give him the rights to his Pretty Patty stand in exchange for the key to the Krusty Krab. Utterly entranced with his fortune, SpongeBob starts rollicking inside and outside his new restaurant.
The next day, as Mr. Krabs prepares to rake in the dough, the customers all angrily arrive, demand refunds, and complain that the Pretty Patties had an unfortunate side effect: whatever color was eaten is what color the customer became. A fish demonstrating a glow-in-the-dark tongue states that all 46,853 of them want their money back, but under the cover of darkness, Mr. Krabs has hightailed it.
The customers form an angry, rainbow-colored mob and start to begin chasing Mr. Krabs, leaving a rainbow trail behind them. He runs to the Krusty Krab and attempts to unlock the door, but remembers that he gave his key to SpongeBob, who is currently preoccupied with the sound of his beloved squeaky pickles. The episode ends with Mr. Krabs still being chased.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [Title card]
‣ Kona Angel - The Surfdusters [opening]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Hold on, me bucko, food's on the way!"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Food! Water! Atmosphere!"]
‣ Dramatic Climax - Mike Sunderland ["Money walking!"]
• Idea Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
‣ Here Comes the Band! (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [Krabs buried alive]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [later...]
‣ Here's Adieu Sweet Lovely Nancy (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [Krabs trying to think of an idea]
‣ Heavenly Voices (b) - David Farnon [SpongeBob dressed as an angel]
• Heavenly Harp - Nicolas Carr [harp and chimes overlays "Heavenly Voices (b)"]
• Snr Drum Climas - Nicolas Carr [drum roll]
‣ The Circus Comes to Town! - Dick Stephen Walter ["Ta-da!"]
‣ Showtime (c) - Robert Sharples ["Pretty Patties, available in six designer colors."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Krabs and Squidward make fun of SpongeBob's Pretty Patties]
• Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob opens his own restaurant]
• Steel Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob getting old]
• Death Bell - Nicolas Carr [tombstone]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [Patrick climbs into SpongeBob]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Mr. Krabs was right!"]
‣ Grand Orchestral Fanfare - Gregor F. Narholz ["Pretty Patties is the best idea ever!"]
‣ Dreamy Serenade - Len Rawle [Krabs watching TV]
‣ Stop Press - Vivian Kennard [Bikini Bottom News]
‣ Scotland the Brave/The Rowan Tree - Rob Mathieson [plaid Pretty Patty]
• Unknown Vibe Stings - Nicolas Carr ["How can you make money with such a stupid idea?"]
‣ Arnold is Back 2 - Gregor F. Narholz ["We tried burying it, shredding it and burning it."]
‣ Flight in Panic 1 - Gregor F. Narholz [Krabs runs outside]
• Steel Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [line of customers]
‣ Botany Bay (b) - Robert Alexander White ["Isn't this great, Mr. Krabs?"]
• Tri Ding - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["I bet you miss Squidward, and the grill, and the crow's nest."/SpongeBob skips and hops happily]
• Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Uh... yes, I do, lad."]
‣ Glamorous Affair (a) - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Krabs gives SpongeBob the Krusty Krab key]
‣ Nostalgic Romance - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob overjoyed]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [the next day]
‣ King Kong Coming - Gregor F. Narholz [everyone demands a refund]
• 12th Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob Goes Prehistoric, Complete 2nd Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Rock Bottom, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Complete Second Season, Sea-Games, Triple Pack 4, Big Hits: Volume 2, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 2, From the Beginning, Pt.1, The First & Second Seasons, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- In fan-voted SpongeBob SquarePants marathons, "Patty Hype" was ranked #26 during the Best Day Ever event from November 9–10, 2006 and #9 during The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash event from July 17–19, 2009.
- In the scenes where there is a crowd surrounding Mr. Krabs, Mrs. Puff's color palette and hat are used on a background fish's model. Mrs. Puff's dress changes from blue to red several times when it is actually blue with a red skirt.
- When SpongeBob is cleaning the Krusty Krab near the end, the drive-through window also seen in "Driven to Tears" is shown.
- This is the first episode where SpongeBob makes a different version of a Krabby Patty by himself.
- Tom's and Fred's names are both revealed in this episode.
- Pretty Patties come in a different variety of colors, such as:
- Various other unseen colors
- Various episodes show Bikini Bottom to have anywhere from no people to over 500 people living there. Many surrounding cities must have had to come to Bikini Bottom to obtain a Pretty Patty as there were over 46,853 customers.
- After Mr. Krabs comes to see SpongeBob, Patrick's stand is no longer seen and Patrick is not seen for the rest of the episode.
- Patrick most likely left due to Mr. Krabs becoming the new owner or Mr. Krabs fired him due to not wanting his money to be given away.
- On the Krusty Krab window, along with the picture of a Krabby Patty, there are also pictures of fries and a soda. In other episodes, there is only the Krabby Patty poster.
- This is the only time William Reiss is actually credited as Bill Reiss in the opening credits, however in the closing credits for season 1, he is still credited as Bill Reiss.
- He will be credited as Bill Reiss on The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run.
- Like some fish food, especially goldfish food, Pretty Patties change the color of the fish who eat it.
- This episode has become a popular YouTube Poop.
- The scene where Mr. Krabs uses a flamethrower to destroy a Pretty Patty also became popular on YouTube.
- This episode's Japanese title is "Bāgā urikomi sakusen," which means "Burger Selling Strategy."
- The scene where everyone wants a refund from the Pretty Patties has become a popular internet meme. More particular, the part where the camera focuses on Mr. Krabs as he frantically looks around. The meme is titled "Confused Mr. Krabs." The image is edited with a distorted spiral starting at the edges.
- The scene with Mr. Krabs running from the mob while showing SpongeBob playing with pickles is also popular, with someone replacing the mob with something else, such as Galeem’s light beams from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- Mr. Krabs burying himself alive is realistic, as different species of crab do this all the time. Two examples are the stone crab and hermit crab.
- Patrick's line "I can't see my forehead" is sometimes misheard as "Kids see my forehead."
- On Nickelodeon Latin America airings, after Harold says "Pretty Patties is the best idea ever!," the episode goes to commercials, and goes back from commercials in the scene where Mr. Krabs is crying in the next scene.
- Frank mentions that there are 46,853 customers who want their money back, but there should be more because that is the number of customers that SpongeBob had when Mr. Krabs arrived and because there were a lot more customers waiting.
- It is most likely done to save time from animating so many characters.
- Before SpongeBob gets interviewed, on the aerial view of their stand, he and Patrick are just heads without bodies, behind their stand. During the interview, however, they are in front of their stand, full body.
- Mr. Krabs says that he has never had a line before, though there is a line at the Krusty Krab.
- There are four errors from the long front line.
- A few of fish in the line are facing the wrong side.
- There is one fish that does not have pupils.
- The blue anchovy behind him is facing the right side; his eyes are above his head.
- Ivy's shirt is also left transparent and is not colored in.
- If SpongeBob gave the anchovy a Pretty Patty after he asks who #46,853 is, the "Now Serving" sign should have flipped to #46,854, but it does not, and even Frank says that 46,853 of them want their money back.
- At the beginning of the episode, when the fish crawls into the Krusty Krab, he says he needs food, water, and atmosphere. He would not need water because he is already underwater, so he is not dehydrated.
- Mr. Krabs' flamethrower has no trigger.
- In this episode, Patrick says that he can’t see his forehead. However, in the episode Chum Bucket Supreme, he can see his forehead.
- When SpongeBob wakes up and says, "Patrick! How long have we been sitting here?," his pineapple vanishes.
- Part of Mr. Krabs' claw overlaps the "Enter" sign when he falls after hitting the back of the line.
- When SpongeBob holds the patties, they can be seen in the following order: green, red, purple, orange, pink, and yellow. However, after Harold says, "Purple is my favorite color," the red and purple patties are swapped.
- In some frames throughout the episode, despite this being season 2, Patrick can be seen with his original M-shaped eyebrows from season 1.
- When Mr. Krabs is being chased by everyone while SpongeBob is squeaking pickle slices, the road is missing. Plus, the Chum Bucket is nowhere to be seen.
- Patrick activating his inflatable pants.
- Fred mentioning the talking dog in the Shell Shack.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|