But I can certainly learn!
This article is in need of one or more references. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia to add more references.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sea spiders
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Talking dog (mentioned)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Fred (name revealed)
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 6 (named Tom)
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 10
- Incidental 11
- Incidental 12
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 15
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 17
- Incidental 18
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 21
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 24
- Incidental 25
- Incidental 26
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 28
- Incidental 29
- Incidental 30
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 32
- Incidental 33
- Incidental 35
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 39
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 62
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 70
- Incidental 71
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 81
- Incidental 82
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 84
- Incidental 85
- Incidental 87
- Incidental 90
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 93
- Incidental 98 (colored like Incidental 4)
- Incidental 99 (can be barely seen)
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 107 (can barely be seen)
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 111
- Brown carnival patron (colored like Mrs. Puff)
- Incidental 152 (debut)
- Sandals (debut)
- Incidental 157
- Other customers
- Members of the band (debut)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Larry the Lobster (cameo)
- Realistic Fish Head
The episode begins at the Krusty Krab, having gone without a customer for 36 days, is filled with dust, cobwebs, and even a skeleton. An emaciated Incidental 42 crawls in, claiming that he has not had any sustenance in three days. After confirming Incidental 42 can pay, Mr. Krabs has SpongeBob bring him a meal. However, Incidental 42 refuses, saying that there is no pizzazz in the Krusty Krab, and so resumes his search for food, water, and atmosphere. Mr. Krabs remains skeptical, but then he overhears a conversation between Tom and Fred about a talking dog at the Shell Shack, and realizes that what he needs is a gimmick to attract customers. SpongeBob tries to share an idea, but Mr. Krabs decides instead to bury himself alive and which will easily draw in a crowd. When news of the talking dog singing reaches them, though, they quickly leave.
SpongeBob remains ignored by Mr. Krabs, who desperately racks his brain for an answer, until he appears from the heavens heralding to Mr. Krabs his idea. Finally having his attention, SpongeBob shows him a green patty. Mr. Krabs is disgusted, thinking that the patty is spoiled, and he tries to incinerate it. SpongeBob then removes his fire-proof suit to reveal Pretty Patties, Krabby Patties painted in "six designer colors." Mr. Krabs and Squidward laugh at this notion, mocking SpongeBob with other ridiculous novelties such as sequin milkshakes and bow-tie French fries. Deeply hurt, SpongeBob quits his job as a fry cook and vows to open his own restaurant and prove them wrong, making them laugh all the more.
With Patrick's help, SpongeBob sets up a stand in front of his house to sell his Pretty Patties, though it initially seems unsuccessful. He tries to give passerby Incidental 40 a Pretty Patty, who laughs at its green color. SpongeBob is about to give up when Incidental 40 notices a Patty in purple, his favorite color, and proclaims Pretty Patties to be the best idea ever.
News of the skyrocketing sales of Pretty Patties reaches Mr. Krabs at a rundown Krusty Krab, who incredulously decides to take a look. There are thousands of customers surrounding the stand, clamoring for their turn. Mr. Krabs notes that he has never had a line before, much less the 46,853 customers that SpongeBob is currently waiting on. Finally making it through the crowd, Mr. Krabs meekly congratulates SpongeBob on his success. While proud of what he has achieved, SpongeBob admits he misses his days at the Krusty Krab. Seeing an opportunity, Mr. Krabs persuades SpongeBob to give him the rights to his Pretty Patty stand in exchange for the key to the Krusty Krab. Utterly entranced with his fortune, SpongeBob starts rollicking inside and outside his new restaurant.
The next day, as Mr. Krabs prepares to rake in the dough, the customers all angrily arrive, demanding refunds. They complain that the Pretty Patties had an unfortunate side effect: whatever color was eaten is what color part of the customer's body became. Incidental 42, demonstrating a glow-in-the-dark tongue, states that all 46,853 of them want their money back, but under the cover of darkness, the cheapskate Mr. Krabs has hightailed it.
The customers form an angry, rainbow-colored mob and begin chasing Mr. Krabs, leaving a rainbow trail behind them. He runs to the Krusty Krab and attempts to unlock the door, but remembers that he gave his key to SpongeBob, who is currently preoccupied with the sound of his beloved squeaky pickles. The episode ends with Mr. Krabs unsuccessfully trying to get SpongeBob's attention as the mob continues to chase him.
- Patrick activating his inflatable pants.
- Fred mentioning the talking dog in the Shell Shack.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [Title card]
‣ Kona Angel - The Surfdusters [opening]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Hold on, me bucko, food's on the way!"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (B) - Richard Myhill ["Food! Water! Atmosphere!"]
‣ Dramatic Climax - Mike Sunderland ["Money walking!"]
• Harp! - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
‣ Here Comes The Band! (A) - Dick Stephen Walter [Krabs buries himself alive in front of the crowd]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [later...]
‣ Here's Adieu Sweet Lovely Nancy (B) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [Krabs trying to think of an idea]
‣ Heavenly Voices (B) - David Farnon [SpongeBob dressed as an angel]
• Heavenly Harp - Nicolas Carr [harp overlays "Heavenly Voices (B)"]
• Snr. Drum Climax - Nicolas Carr [drum roll]
‣ The Circus Comes To Town! - Dick Stephen Walter ["Ta-da!"]
‣ Showtime (C) - Robert Sharples ["Pretty Patties, available in six designer colors."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Krabs and Squidward make fun of SpongeBob's Pretty Patties]
• Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob opens his own restaurant]
• Steel Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob getting old]
• Death Bell - Nicolas Carr [tombstone]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [Patrick climbs into SpongeBob]
‣ Hawaiian Link (B) - Richard Myhill ["Mr. Krabs was right!"]
‣ Grand Orchestral Fanfare - Gregor F. Narholz ["Pretty Patties is the best idea ever!"]
‣ Dreamy Serenade - Len Ranle [Krabs watching TV]
‣ Stop Press - Vivian Kennard [Bikini Bottom News]
‣ Scotland the Brave/The Rowan Tree - Rob Mathieson [plaid Pretty Patty]
• Vibe Link - Nicolas Carr ["How can you make money with such a stupid idea?"]
‣ Arnold Is Back 2 - Gregor F. Narholz ["We tried burying it, shredding it and burning it."]
‣ Flight in Panic 1 - Gregor F. Narholz [Krabs runs outside]
• Steel Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [line of customers]
‣ Botany Bay (b) - Robert Alexander White ["Isn't this great, Mr. Krabs?"]
• Tri-Ding - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["I bet you miss Squidward, and the grill, and the crow's nest."/SpongeBob skips and hops happily]
• Idea Vibe - Nicolas Carr ["Uh... yes, I do, lad."]
‣ Glamorous Affair A - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Krabs gives SpongeBob the Krusty Krab key]
‣ Nostalgic Romance - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob overjoyed]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [the next day]
‣ King Kong Coming - Gregor F. Narholz [everyone demands a refund]
• 12th Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob Goes Prehistoric, Complete 2nd Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Christmas (Polish only), Rock Bottom, Imitation Krabs, The Ultimate Box Set, Exposed!: The Ultimate Box Set, SpongeBob's Legendary Adventures, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Complete Second Season, Sea-Games, Triple Pack 4, Big Hits: Volume 2, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 2, From the Beginning, Part 1, The First & Second Seasons, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- In fan-voted SpongeBob SquarePants marathons, "Patty Hype" was ranked #26 during the Best Day Ever event from November 9–10, 2006 and #9 during The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash event from July 17–19, 2009.
- This is the first appearance of Inflatable pants.
- This episode's Japanese title is "Bāgā urikomi sakusen," which translates to "Burger Selling Strategy."
- This is the only time William Reiss is actually credited as Bill Reiss in the opening credits, however in the closing credits for season 1, he is still credited as Bill Reiss.
- He is also credited as Bill Reiss on The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run.
- When SpongeBob is cleaning the Krusty Krab near the beginning, the Krusty Krab drive-thru window is shown.
- On the Krusty Krab window, along with the picture of a Krabby Patty, there are also pictures of fries and a soda. In other episodes, there is only the Krabby Patty poster.
- Tom's and Fred's names are both revealed in this episode.
- This is the first episode to use the track "Steel Sting."
- This is the first episode where SpongeBob makes a different version of a Krabby Patty by himself.
- Pretty Patties come in a different variety of colors, such as:
- Various other unseen patties that possibly exist, but are not seen such as:
- Polka-dot (green)
- After SpongeBob quits his job as a fry cook and vows to open his own restaurant, Squidward does not appear again for the remainder of the episode despite being mentioned by Mr. Krabs.
- It is unknown where the lamp switch that Incidental 42 used to show Mr. Krabs his green glow-in-the-dark tongue came from, as there are no lamp switches outdoors. In real life, it is impossible to instantly turn outdoor light dark during the day, unless of course, if there is a solar eclipse occurring; in other words, the sun sets in the west and rises in the east, therefore, it is not possible to instantly turn light into dark outdoors.
- When Nathaniel says "I'm getting back in line," he runs to the right of the screen instead of the left, where the line in this scene is. He most likely did this because of how long the line was.
- Various episodes show Bikini Bottom to have anywhere from no people to over 500 people living there. Many surrounding cities must have had to come to Bikini Bottom to obtain a Pretty Patty, as there were over 46,853 customers.
- After giving sacks of free money to the Bikini Bottomites, Patrick does not appear again for the remainder of the episode.
- After Mr. Krabs comes to see SpongeBob, Patrick's stand is no longer seen either.
- Patrick most likely left due to Mr. Krabs becoming the new owner or Mr. Krabs fired him due to not wanting his money to be given away.
- Like some fish food, especially goldfish food, Pretty Patties change the color of the fish who eat it.
- The scene where everyone wants a refund from the Pretty Patties has become a popular internet meme. More particular, the part where the camera focuses on Mr. Krabs as he frantically looks around. The meme is titled "Confused Mr. Krabs." The image is edited with a distorted spiral starting at the edges.
- The scene with Mr. Krabs running from the mob while showing SpongeBob playing with pickles is also popular, with someone replacing the mob with something else, such as Galeem’s light beams from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- The scene where Mr. Krabs uses a flamethrower to destroy a Pretty Patty also became popular on YouTube.
- At the beginning of the episode, when Incidental 42 crawls into the Krusty Krab, he says he needs food, water, and atmosphere. He would not need water because he is already underwater, so he is not dehydrated.
- Mr. Krabs' flamethrower has no trigger.
- When SpongeBob wakes up and says, "Patrick! How long have we been sitting here?," his pineapple vanishes.
- In some frames throughout the episode, Patrick can be seen with his original M-shaped eyebrows from season 1 or drawn unevenly.
- This same error happens in "Squid's Day Off."
- When SpongeBob holds the patties, they can be seen in the following order: green, red, purple, orange, pink, and yellow. However, after Incidental 40 says, "Purple is my favorite color," the red and purple patties are swapped.
- On Nickelodeon Latin America airings, after Incidental 40 says "Pretty Patties is the best idea ever!," the episode goes to commercials, and goes back from commercials in the scene where Mr. Krabs is crying in the next scene.
- Before SpongeBob gets interviewed, on the aerial view of their stand, he and Patrick are just heads without bodies, behind their stand. During the interview, however, they are in front of their stand, full body.
- Also, in the same aerial view of their stand and on the ground, the houses on Conch Street are nowhere to be seen, and are no longer seen for the remainder of the episode.
- Part of Mr. Krabs' claw overlaps the "Enter" sign when he falls after hitting the back of the line.
- There are two errors from the long front line.
- Several fish in the line are facing the wrong side.
- Incidental 62's shirt is left transparent and uncoloured.
- Mr. Krabs says that he has never had a line before, though there is a line at the Krusty Krab.
- If SpongeBob gave Incidental 30 a Pretty Patty after he asks who #46,853 is, the "Now Serving" sign should have flipped to #46,854, but it does not, and even Incidental 42 says that 46,853 of them want their money back.
- In the scenes where there are crowds of incidentals getting SpongeBob to the Krusty Krab or surrounding Mr. Krabs, many characters' color palettes are used on other characters' models.
- The Scotsman Fred's body under his kilt including his legs were turned plaid by the pretty patties, but before he pulled his kilt up to reveal his plaid body, his legs were their normal color.
- Incidental 42 mentions that there are 46,853 customers who want their money back, but there should be more because that is the number of customers that SpongeBob had when Mr. Krabs arrived and because there were a lot more customers waiting.
- It is most likely done to save time from animating so many characters.
- When Mr. Krabs is being chased by everyone while SpongeBob is squeaking pickle slices, the Chum Bucket and the road are nowhere to be seen.
- In the scene where the customers carry SpongeBob over their heads to the Krusty Krab, Old Man Walker can be seen standing up straight, and is not sitting in his wheelchair. Also, another old lady who normally walks with a cane or sits in a wheelchair can be seen without any of them in the scene when they confront Mr. Krabs.
- After Mr. Krabs announces that Pretty Patties is under new management, the crowd cheers to be served next. SpongeBob can be heard saying "6,800..." even though he is at the Krusty Krab.
- When three customers complain about their tongues, the woman in the middle shows her tongue to have polka dots on it, but when she says "and look at our tongues" along with two other male customers, her tongue appears normal with no splotches on the top. It is possible the polka dots were simply unseen.
- When SpongeBob throws the buns into the air, not all of them can be seen on the ground. Some have disappeared, while others bounce away in different directions.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|