- Patrick Star
- Patrick Man (debut)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mrs. Puff
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 65
- Incidental 37B
- Jimmy Gus
- Margaret SquarePants (mentioned)
- Harold SquarePants (mentioned)
- Grandma SquarePants (mentioned)
- Three high school students
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott (cameo)
- Peterson Nat Tucker (cameo)
- Dirty Bubble
- Nicholas Withers (cameo)
- Mermaid Man (cameo)
- Barnacle Boy (cameo)
- Man Ray (cameo)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Officer Slugfish
- Thaddeus (cameo)
SynopsisThe episode starts with SpongeBob heading off to work. When he opens the door, he encounters a sad Patrick who runs in his house crying and reveals that he's jealous of SpongeBob's special work hat. SpongeBob suggests that Patrick preoccupy his mind with something else, to no avail; he then heads off to the Krusty Krab. Patrick then sits down and watches television but only flips through channels. He then stops on a channel with Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy with them defeating Man Ray. Patrick turns off the TV and wonders what to do with his life. He then steps on a talking Mermaid Man doll and is thereupon inspired to become a superhero. He goes to the kitchen and creates his costume.
Meanwhile, at the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is angry at Squidward for doing nothing. Squidward then points out the empty dining room. Mr. Krabs is worried but then, Patrick-Man enters the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs is excited to see Patrick but the latter tells him that he is Patrick-Man. His new alter-ego results in ridicule from Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and SpongeBob. Patrick explains to SpongeBob that he has found his calling and is now "Patrick-Man." SpongeBob is excited and thinks about telling everyone else but Patrick-Man tells him that his identity must remain a secret.
At the Bikini Bottom High School, two students show off their papers both making "A's." Patrick-Man overhears them laughing and when they are about to give each other a "high-five," Patrick-Man interferes and accuses them of igniting violence.
The scene changes over to Mr. Krabs about to walk Mable across the street. However, he spots a dollar on the ground but then it gets blown away to the other side of the street. Mr. Krabs leaves Mable on the street to go after the dollar with her trapped by the driving cars. He goes to pick up the dollar but Patrick-Man stops him and accuses him of trying to steal the dollar before heading off.
Patrick-Man's next stop is at Mrs. Puff's Boating School, where he spots Mrs. Puff trying to get the door off a boat which one of her students is trapped in. He thinks Mrs. Puff is trying to break into the boat and frames her for breaking and entering, prompting the authorities to arrive on the scene and arrest her, with the student still trapped in the car.
Back at the Krusty Krab, Patrick continues to suspect evil and causes mayhem at the restaurant. Intolerant of his recent behavior, SpongeBob goes to confront Patrick about his superhero persona, but Patrick does not take his advice into consideration and continues his disruption, hoping to unmask a villain. He first tries to pull off Fred's head to no success. He tries again with two other customers but causes them to leave. This makes Mr. Krabs very upset and prompts him to nearly kick Patrick out, until he pulls off Mable's head and unmasks the Dirty Bubble.
The Dirty Bubble tells them how they have blown his cover and then threatens to attack them. SpongeBob wants to know what to do next, then Patrick-Man says how he is going to use his superpowers. Patrick-Man then throws a barrel at the Dirty Bubble but it just goes through him and accidentally hits Squidward. The Dirty Bubble laughs at him and Patrick-Man then throws more items at him still to no success. Running out of things to throw, Patrick-Man then throws SpongeBob at the Dirty Bubble but he ends up eating him. Patrick-Man then uses his Pit Punch at the Dirty Bubble but he ends up eating it and hitting SpongeBob.
The Dirty Bubble then decides to charge at Patrick-Man but the latter spots a Krabby Patty on the ground and bends over with his ice cream cone hat, popping the Dirty Bubble and freeing SpongeBob. SpongeBob asks for Patrick-Man's autograph and he signs it. SpongeBob then asks what his next adventure is but Patrick-Man takes off his ice cream cone hat and reverts to his old ways, essentially retiring because his job is too much work. Mr. Krabs then asks Patrick to use his "powers" one last time and hands him a broom and dustpan, making him clean the Krusty Krab.
When this episode was released, there was a posthumous release for Ernest Borgnine, who voiced Mermaid Man.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick at the door, crying]
‣ Clowning Around Again - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["You know what's sad?"]
‣ Clowning Around - Barry Anthony [SpongeBob goes to work]
‣ Squidward's Tiki Land - Aaron Springer, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick turns on the TV]
‣ Super Highway March - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Marine Dolphins]
‣ Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Action Theme - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Pat Irwin [Man Ray in display case]
‣ Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["All in a day's work, eh, Mermaid Man?"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["That's it!"]
‣ Mermaid Man Sting - Nicolas Carr ["To the changing room!"]
‣ Heroes to the Rescue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I am Patrick-Man, defender of Bikini Bottom!"]
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Heroes to the Rescue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Fear not! Patrick-Man is here!"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Patrick-Man?"]
• Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward makes fun of Patrick's outfit]
‣ Heroes to the Rescue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["I am... Patrick-Man!"/"Shush SpongeBob! My identity must be kept secret!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick asks for a Krabby Patty]
• Self Surf - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [high school]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["High five!"]
‣ Heroes to the Rescue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Just remember this: Violence solves nothing!"]
‣ What's This Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Violence?"]
‣ Heroes to the Rescue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["No time for silly talk, citizen."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick runs off]
‣ Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Please, ma'am, allow me."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs sees a dollar on the ground]
‣ Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Oh, sweet dollar!"]
‣ Heroes to the Rescue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Halt! Patrick-Man is onto you!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield [old lady picks up the dollar]
‣ Detective Dynamite - Veigar Margeirsson ["Sounds like another job for Patrick-Man!"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Away!"]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cops]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [back at the Krusty Krab]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, that's Patrick-Man to you."]
‣ Short Military Bridge - Nicolas Carr [recipe for toasted coral bits]
‣ Gypsy Jazz March - Sam Spence [Patrick gets stuck in the ordering window]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["WHAT?!"]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, dear..."]
‣ Chasey Racey - Norman Dane [Dirty Bubble revealed]
‣ Heroes to the Rescue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [everyone cheers]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 15, Heroes in Action, The Adventures of SpongeBob SquarePants, Calling All Heroes!, Evil Spatula, Complete Ninth Season, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- When this episode premiered, it was paired up with "Eek, an Urchin!"
- This is the second episode where Patrick expresses jealousy to SpongeBob's ability to wear a Krusty Krab hat. The first is "No Hat for Pat."
- This is the third time Patrick has become a super-hero, the first was in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V" and the second was Creature from the Krusty Krab.
- However unlike those ones, he's pretty bad here.
- This is the second episode where Patrick wears an ice cream cone on his head. The first is "Hall Monitor."
- This episode marks the third appearance of the Bikini Bottom High School, following "Whale of a Birthday" and "Barnacle Face" respectively.
- This is the fifth episode to have a German dub version with exactly the same name as the English version. The first episode is "Plankton!," the second is "F.U.N.," the third is "Texas," and the fourth is "Club SpongeBob."
- Nicholas Withers, Mermaid Man, Barnacle Boy, and Man Ray all appear on SpongeBob's TV when Patrick comes to SpongeBob's house for help.
- This is the final Mermaid Man episode to be produced before Ernest Borgnine's death. He was credited and voiced Mermaid Man, which means that this episode was made before his death.
- This episode marks the last speaking appearances of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, since Ernest Borgnine died on July 8, 2012 and Tim Conway died on May 14, 2019.
- The name Patrick-Man is similar to the name Starfishman, another one of Patrick's alter-egos from the video game Creature from the Krusty Krab.
- When Mr. Krabs carries off Patrick, it is similar to how he is carried off by Orin J. Ruffy in "The Great Patty Caper."
- The way Patrick-Man defeats the Dirty Bubble is a reference to the ending of "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II."
- This episode was paired with "Patrick! The Game" on June 5, 2016 on the Arabic dub airing.
- The scene when Patrick pulls the underwear out of his pants and the scene with the first TV show are cut in some regions for being slightly inappropriate.
- This episode aired after "The Sewers of Bikini Bottom" premiered in the United Kingdom.
- This episode sometimes airs with "Patrick! The Game."
- On the October 30, 2016 airing, the sister episode is absent and the closing credits for this and the sister episode are shown at the ending.
- In the Croatian dub, the episode's title is "Super Patrick."
- Patrick trying to unmask people is a parody of the villain unmasks from the Scooby Doo series.
- Harold is not seen wearing a shirt when SpongeBob serves him the Krabby Patty. In the next shot, Harold is seen wearing a shirt. It is impossible for him to have put the shirt on in the next shot.
- Mr. Krabs looks up before the dollar blows away.
- Patrick Man's backward "P" is missing when he first appears in the kitchen. Splinters are in place of it instead.
- Patrick blaming citizens for doing illegal things when what the citizens were doing was legal.
- Mable turning her head awkwardly.