- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Herb Star
- Margie Star
- Santa Claus (mentioned)
- Harry the Health Hazard (single appearance)
- Live-action chimpanzee (debut; cameo)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 96
- Incidental 169
- Incidental 163
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 114
- Incidental 118D
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 116
- Incidental 34
- Incidental 118C
- Incidental 167
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 111
- Incidental 161
- Incidental 162
- Incidental 174
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 3
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 30
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 99
- Incidental 30A
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 151
- Incidental K6
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 83
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 33
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 82
- Incidental 110
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 166
- Bubble Bass (mentioned)
- Unnamed purple fish
The episode begins at the Krusty Krab with SpongeBob serving a Krabby Patty, thinking a customer has ordered one, by hearing a ringing sound. He checks the bell near him, the telephone, the fireplace, and inside him, only to still hear ringing. As he is about to run out of the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs catches him and tells him that the ringing he was hearing was coming from a small bell that he uses to bring in customers.
Mr. Krabs uses the bell on several customers, including Incidental 6, in which he then drools on the table in wanting another Krabby Patty. When SpongeBob asks to ring the bell, Mr. Krabs offers him to ring the big bell from the roof. The bell's ring results in people all over Bikini Bottom drooling for Krabby Patties and heading towards the Krusty Krab.
As the customers are enjoying their Krabby Patties, Patrick suddenly bursts into the restaurant and throws a tantrum on the floors, causing the customers to leave. SpongeBob calms Patrick down by rubbing jelly on him. When asked what he recently remembers, Patrick gives a flashback to an experience he had as a kid, in which his parents ring a bell to get Patrick to take a bath. In the flashback, he cries out of not wanting one. After the flashback ends, SpongeBob proclaims that he will silence every bell in town, as he smashes through the Krusty Krab roof.
Mr. Krabs decides to use Patrick's tantrums to his advantage by encouraging him to participate in a fighting match against Harry the Health Hazard for $1 million. While Mr. Krabs and Patrick watch on at the stadium, SpongeBob deactivates more ringing bells across Bikini Bottom. Back at the stadium, Mr. Krabs puts Patrick in the arena for the match. A bell rings to signal the start of the match, which results in Patrick going crazy. While in his rampage, Patrick, unintentionally, actually fights Harry and ends up hurting him. After Harry is defeated, Mr. Krabs uses jelly to calm Patrick down. Just when the fight is declared over, another bell rings, which results in Patrick throwing Mr. Krabs out of the stadium with another tantrum.
Back at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is seen wearily walking into the restaurant, with Patrick having won a trophy for winning the fight. Meanwhile, Mr. Krabs is about to put the money he won into the cash register, but a ring goes off when he presses the button, which results in Patrick going crazy again. He ends up destroying the restaurant and rips up Mr. Krabs' money. Patrick's parents come in and praise him for the result of the fight. SpongeBob tells them about how ringing a bell has affected Patrick, but they say they have never used a bell, and actually have squeezed a rubber duck to get him to take his bath. Patrick squeezing the duck causes him to have a tantrum again, as the episode ends.
- Whenever a bell rings, Patrick has a tantrum.
- Ringing bells and SpongeBob destroying some of the bells.
- Patrick eating posters.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Galley Cooks Shanty 3 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob hears a bell at the Krusty Krab]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm? Oh... Hello?"]
• Happy Holiday Cheer - Hiram Titus, Nicolas Carr ["It sounds like... sleigh bells! Is that you, Santa Claus?"]
• ? [(Revolution-esque track) "I can still hear the rin... go."]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [Rimshot]
• Down in Davey Jones Locker - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's eyes get inside his ears]
‣ Drama Link (F) - Hubert Clifford ["Uh... This is serious."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16C - Jeremy Wakefield ["Sorry, Mr. Krabs, but I've got to see an ear doctor. I've been hearing a ringing in my ears all week."]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs tells SpongeBob he's been ringing the bell all week to attract customers to the Krusty Krab]
‣ Uneasy Sleep - Wolf Droysen [Tom wants to eat another Krabby Patty as Krabs rings the bell close to him]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 39 - Jeremy Wakefield ["And a pocket for my saliva!"]
• The Donut Dilema (With Triangle) - Nicolas Carr [Krabs lets SpongeBob ring the big bell of the Krusty Krab]
‣ Uneasy Sleep - Wolf Droysen [The big bell starts ringing in Bikini Bottom]
‣ Horror Upon Horror - Wilfred Josephs [Bikini Bottom citizens hear the big bell, get hungry and go to the Krusty Krab]
• Drunken Sailor Solo Accordion-2 - Nicolas Carr [The Krusty Krab is full of customers]
‣ Bloodbath - Frederick Charrison [Patrick gets a big tantrum at the Krusty Krab and makes every customer leave]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 6C - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick's tantrum is over]
• Flashback - Nicolas Carr [Flashback to Patrick's childhood]
‣ Sneaking Around - Peter Challis, Marc Teitler [Patrick having a tantrum as a child when his dad ringed a bell for his bath]
• Flashback - Nicolas Carr [Flashback of Patrick's childhood ends]
‣ March Of The Heroes - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob engages to silence all the bells in Bikini Bottom for Patrick]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 30 - Jeremy Wakefield ["There goes a dear darling dude."]
• Tip Toe Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs proposes Patrick an idea to get money]
• Sponge Crusher - Nicolas Carr ["One million dollars to the challenger that can beat Harry the Health Hazzard in simply fighting."]
• ? [Harry the Health Hazzard defeats a challenger at the boxing stadium]
• In a Minor Mood Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs gives Patrick some posters to eat]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ March Of The Heroes - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob getting rid of all the bells in Bikini Bottom for Patrick]
• Mounting Metal Mayhem - Nicolas Carr [Krabs accompanies Patrick to the boxing ring]
‣ Zombie - Jez Miller [West One Music] [Patrick gets a big tantrum after hearing a boxing bell at the ring and defeats Harry the Health Hazzard]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 36B - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well folks, I think it looks like the fight's over."]
• Greenhorn Rag Remix - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick hears the boxing bell again and kicks Krabs out of the boxing stadium]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 26B - Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to next scene]
• Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Patrick with his boxing trophy at the Krusty Krab]
• Greenhorn Rag Remix - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick hears a button of the cash register and gets another big tantrum at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Sneaking Around - Peter Challis, Marc Teitler [Patrick's parents show up at the Krusty Krab and tell they never ringed a bell for Patrick's bath]
• Happy Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Patrick gets his childhood's rubber duck]
• Greenhorn Rag Remix - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick squeezes his rubber duck and gets another big tantrum at the Krusty Krab]
- This episode is available on The Complete Twelfth Season and SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 21 DVDs.
- This episode was first released on The Complete Twelfth Season DVD on January 12, 2021, 1 year and 1 month before airing on American television.
- This episode was originally set to premiere on July 9, 2021 in the United States at 6:45 PM. However, the listing was changed and got replaced with the premiere of "Pat the Dog." Amazon Prime Video and American iTunes failed to hear this update and ended up releasing this episode on July 10, 2021, one day after the planned American airdate. It also did not get taken down by Nickelodeon.
- This episode was also released on a few other streaming services through video on demand during July 2021.
- This episode was paired up with "Goofy Scoopers" during the original American airing.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Incidental 33 since the season 2 episode "Patty Hype," as well as the first appearance of Incidental 111 since "Prehibernation Week" in season 2, the first physical appearance of Incidental 99 since "Neptune's Spatula" in season 1, and the first physical appearance of Herb and Margie since "I'm with Stupid" in season 2.
- Despite airing after the premiere of The Patrick Show, this episode features Patrick's original parents rather than the "redesigns" featured in the spinoff. It is currently unknown why Patrick's new parents weren't used.
- The title card background is similar to those of "Hall Monitor," "Culture Shock," "I Was a Teenage Gary," "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One," "A Pal for Gary," "Mimic Madness," and "Mind the Gap."
- This means this is the eighth title card with tikis on it.
- In addition, all the tikis on this episode's title card have a sad face.
- The track "In a Minor Mood Jig" returns after "Mustard O' Mine."
- This is the first episode where Mrs. Puff's house appears without Mrs. Puff.
- This is the last episode Tom Yasumi solely directed the animation on. The last episode that he worked on overall would be "Dream Hoppers" in which he co-directed the animation on alongside Alan Smart.
- A clip from this episode was released in "Top 5 Funniest Moments from New Episodes" video on the official Nick Poland Facebook account on November 22, 2020. Russia and Asia Facebook account on November 24, Hungary on November 29, Turkey on December 20, and France on January 2, 2021.
- A clip from this episode was released in "SpongeBob's Top 5 Superpowers" on the official Nick Poland and Latin America Facebook account on March 18, 2021, SpongeBob Italia on March 20, Nick Australia on March 28, and the Nickelodeon UK YouTube channel on April 17.
- A clip from this episode was posted on Nickelodeon Arabia's Instagram account on September 29, 2021.
- A clip from this episode was used for a promo for "Plankton's Intern."
- A clip from this episode was used for a 2021 Summer promo.
- Clips from this episode were used in promos for "Pat Hearts Squid" and The Patrick Star Show.
- This is likely due to the fact that it was intended to air on the same date, before being switched out with "Pat the Dog" later on.
- A full clip from this episode was uploaded by the SpongeBob SquarePants Official YouTube channel on July 29, 2021. and on Nickelodeon's official Facebook account on September 6.
- A clip from this episode was used for the Bullying Prevention Month promo on Nickelodeon USA.
- This and the sister episode "Plankton's Intern" have the "(name)'s (thing)" format.
- The plot of this episode references the classical conditioning experiment by Ivan Pavlov.
- The plot of this episode also references the 1934 short Punch Drunks.
- After SpongeBob gets covered in black goo after looking up the chimney, he gains a mop-top hairstyle and says, "I can still hear the ring... go" in a Liverpudlian accent. The look and the accent allude to The Beatles' earlier years. The track that plays during SpongeBob's line has almost the exact melody as the intro of "Revolution." The line also references Ringo Starr's name.
- In one scene, SpongeBob is dressed like Superman.
- The Redemption Military is an allusion to The Salvation Army.
- One of the lady fish insults Mr. Krabs by calling him "Quasiboto," a parody of Quasimodo from The Hunchback of Notre-Dame.
- There are posters on the doors of the arena that read "Harry the Health Hazard." However, the word "Hazard" is misspelled as "Hazzard" with an extra Z added in.
- Bubble Bass is listed in the end credits, but he does not physically appear in the actual episode. However, his name is mentioned.
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1144975599636627456
- ^ https://animesuperhero.com/forums/threads/july-2021-nick-premieres.5790978/
- ^ https://www.amazon.com/Nitwitting-Ballad-Filthy-Muck/dp/B07MWDHV55/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=spongebob+squarepants+season+12&qid=1634377091&s=instant-video&sr=1-1
- ^ https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/spongebob-squarepants-season-12/id1448407279
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/nickelodeonpolska/videos/679707496067666/?__so__=channel_tab&__rv__=all_videos_card
- ^ https://fb.watch/2sW0zdUo9p/
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/nickasia/videos/all-the-funny-moments-from-new-spongebob-episodes-top-5-l-spongebob/392007905316453/
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/NickelodeonHungary/videos/3961008360594251/?__so__=channel_tab&__rv__=all_videos_card
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/nickelodeonturkey/videos/196510002138774/?__so__=channel_tab&__rv__=all_videos_card
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/bobleponge/videos/vb.92090744645/849401968966679/?type=3&theater
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/nickelodeonpolska/videos/133506342030556/?__so__=channel_tab&__rv__=all_videos_card
- ^ https://m.facebook.com/bobesponja/videos/los-superpoderes-de-bob-esponja-top-5-bob-esponja/127140209351466/?__tn__=-R
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/SpongebobItalia/videos/348248379854801/
- ^ https://www.facebook.com/NickelodeonAustralia/videos/vb.135093393232756/719896295343160/?type=3&theater
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZixYt8jmIeU
- ^ https://www.instagram.com/p/CUZSbGdNbee/?hl=en
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXPrAhPlMoQ
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxt2cf0zfWE
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7XKY9KrBPs&t=8s
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlc8xcb6-vg
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQwknXIdzfo
- ^ https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=891587421442714&_rdr
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjjQC8akUVM