"Patchy's Playlist" is a SpongeBob SquarePants special.
The following characters appear in archive footage from The SpongeBob Musical: Live on Stage! and previous episodes.
- Potty the Parrot ("Party Pooper Pants")
- SpongeBob SquarePants (musical and all clips)
- Squidward Tentacles (musical, "Pizza Delivery," "Jellyfish Jam," "Band Geeks," "Party Pooper Pants")
- Patrick Star (musical, "Band Geeks," "Party Pooper Pants")
- Eugene H. Krabs (musical, "Band Geeks," "Party Pooper Pants")
- Pearl Krabs (musical, "Band Geeks," "Party Pooper Pants")
- Sandy Cheeks (musical, "Band Geeks," "Party Pooper Pants")
- Mrs. Puff (musical, "Band Geeks," "The Sponge Who Could Fly")
- Sheldon J. Plankton (musical, "F.U.N.," "Party Pooper Pants")
- Karen Plankton (musical)
- Gary the Snail ("Party Pooper Pants")
- Bikini Bottomites
- Billy (turquoise fish)
- Dave Frank Percy Isabelle Harold Scooter
- Evelyn Annette
- Frank (red shirt)
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 46
- Ivy (gray)
- Jennifer Millie
- Martha Doris Smith
- Miss Shell
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Norma Rechid
- Old Man Jenkins
- Timmy (child)
- Harold SquarePants ("A SquarePants Family Vacation")
- Margaret SquarePants ("A SquarePants Family Vacation")
- Perch Perkins (musical)
- Jellyfish ("Jellyfish Jam," "F.U.N.," "SpongeBob's Last Stand")
- Jamming jellyfish ("Jellyfish Jam")
- Annette ("The Sponge Who Could Fly")
- The Bird Brains ("Party Pooper Pants")
- Frank the whale ("Ripped Pants")
- Hans ("Party Pooper Pants")
- Human audience ("Band Geeks")
- Mime ("The Sponge Who Could Fly")
- Minnie Mermaid ("Party Pooper Pants")
- Patty ("To Love a Patty")
- Scallops and clams ("To Love a Patty")
- Squilliam Fancyson ("Band Geeks")
Two different versions of the episode were made. The original broadcast version featured Patchy in stockades and advertised The SpongeBob Musical: Live on Stage!. After the musical special aired, it was replaced with a newer version that features Patchy at a golf course.
Original broadcast version
Patchy is "locked up" in stockades and explains to the viewers that he was caught sneaking into the dress rehearsal for The SpongeBob Musical: Live on Stage!. He is still excited about it and says it will be the biggest TV special yet. He says that he hopes to go see it, and a clip from the musical plays. While he waits, he decides to take a look at some of SpongeBob's greatest songs from the past. When the commercial break comes, he says not to go anywhere, and he knows that he can't. After the songs, Patchy tries to get out of the stockades and realizes that he will miss the musical. He says "Aw, barnacles!" and the credits roll.
Patchy is at a golf course, where a big rubber shark hangs over his head. He says that he will take a look at SpongeBob's best songs, and that "we're not gonna leave until we watch every last one of them." After the song clips play, Patchy says that it is the most beautiful music he has ever heard and tears up a bit. He tries to write his SpongeBob ballad and takes out a ukulele, but he can't think of anything past "oh, SpongeBob." He says the song "has a good hook, though" and shows off his pirate hook.
- "The Jellyfishing Song" from "SpongeBob's Last Stand"
- "He's Flying" from "The Sponge Who Could Fly
- "The F.U.N. Song" from "F.U.N."
- "Sweet Victory" from "Band Geeks"
- "Stadium Rave" from "Jellyfish Jam"
- "The Road Song" from "A SquarePants Family Vacation"
- "Texas Song" from "Texas"
- "Campfire Song Song" from "The Camping Episode"
- "I Love Krabby Patties" from "Banned in Bikini Bottom"
- "Loop de Loop" from "Your Shoe's Untied"
- "Ripped Pants" from "Ripped Pants"
- "Underwater Sun" from "Party Pooper Pants"
- "I Can't Keep My Eyes Off of You" from "To Love a Patty"
- "The Krusty Krab Pizza" from "Pizza Delivery"
- "Striped Sweater" from "As Seen on TV"
- "Best Day Ever" from the episode of the same name
According to The Futon Critic, this episode has a stand-alone production code of "891." This is two codes earlier than 893, the code used for the combined parts of "SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout." This indicates that "Patchy's Playlist" started production before "Birthday Blowout" did.
- This episode is available on the digital DVD with the same name.
- This episode is connected to "The SpongeBob Musical: Live on Stage!"
- The title card background is the same as "Band Geeks" and "A Life in a Day."
- When this special first aired, it was shown before the premiere of "Plankton's Old Chum" and "The Hankering." The later episodes got 1.10 million viewers while "Patchy's Playlist" got 1.055.
- Despite being Patchy's cohost and sidekick, Potty only appears in archive footage.
- Skipper Creative Services, a Los Angeles company, receives a vanity card credit for this episode.
- In the credits, Tom Kenny is only credited as playing Patchy, making these the first credits in the series that do not credit him as SpongeBob.
- Despite being mentioned throughout Patchy's segments, SpongeBob only appears in person in the archive footage, making this the first instance in the series where SpongeBob does not appear in newly created footage.
- This episode, along with "Patchy's Beach Bash!" only showed clips from previous episodes instead of original animation.
- This is the last event to happen in 2019.
- SpongeBob is colored incorrectly throughout the entire compilation. He is a dark greenish-yellow color in each clip.
- During the May 2, 2020 airing, the Nick screenbug was absent for the first act.