- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sponge the Horse (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Pat the Horse (debut)
- Pat the Crab (debut)
- Gary the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles
- Squid the Horse (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 154
- Sandy Cheeks
- Angler fish (debut)
- Incidental 46
- Ryan Timmy
- Incidental 108
- Officer Slugfish
- Orange kid fish (debut)
- Shelley (cameo)
- Old Man Jenkins (yellow child)
The episode begins with SpongeBob showing Patrick a story of several people who have jobs. Patrick sees a horse in one of them and wants to become one, leading to him actually becoming one the next day. SpongeBob is amazed by Patrick and after he tames him, he rides him to the Krusty Krab.
When SpongeBob leaves Patrick to work, he starts getting attraction from kids. Mr. Krabs sees this and decides to use Patrick to obtain money. This makes SpongeBob sad as Patrick has been turned into a way for Mr. Krabs to earn money. Eventually, Patrick gets annoyed with being a pony ride and runs off.
SpongeBob tries to get Patrick to come back, and at the same time, Mr. Krabs turns Squidward into a pony ride so he can continue making business. SpongeBob finds Patrick in a hot and dry desert and gets him to come back to him and be his horse again. After arriving back at the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs tells him to keep his horse away as Squidward is a much better horse than him. This leads to SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs having a race to see who can delivery a Krabby Patty the fastest.
Patrick reaches the customer first, but Patrick had eaten the Krabby Patty while they were racing. This allows Mr. Krabs and Squidward to give the Krabby Patty to the customer and win the race. The episode ends with Patrick being bored of being a horse and wanting to be a crab, making Mr. Krabs angry as he stole his arms.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unknown Track 24 - Close up of "You Can Be Anything" book.
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick gets excited.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["A horse?"]
• Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick gets sleep.]
• Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [The next morning...]
‣ Rodeo Stars (a) - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob wakes up.]
‣ Western Square Dance (a) - John Fox [Patrick acting like a horse.]
‣ Ride 'em Cowboy - David Lindup [SpongeBob riding in Patrick towards the Krusty Krab.]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward laughs at Patrick.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick kicks Squidward.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (I) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs introduces Squidward into SpongeBob.]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr [Krabs imagines kids as money.]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - "Kids love horseys. Great idea having Patrick play pony."
‣ Hillbilly Dual - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs charges $10 for pony rides on Patrick.]
‣ Stumbling Tumbleweeds - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sad at the kitchen.]
‣ ? [Rimshot.]
‣ Stumbling Tumbleweeds - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Get it? Night? Mare? Ha-ha!"]
‣ Buck Jump - Cedric Palmer [Several kids on Patrick at once.]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (d) - Wilfred Burns [Patrick breaks loose and runs off.]
‣ Razor's Edge - Cedric Palmer [SpongeBob runs after Patrick.]
‣ Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward acting like a horse, making fun of Patrick.]
‣ Patchy's Parched Blues - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob looking for Patrick at the desert.]
‣ The Wild Wild West - John Fox [SpongeBob finds Patrick and rides in.]
‣ Surf 02 158 D - Dieguis Productions/Big Fish Audio [SpongeBob riding in Patrick at Goo Lagoon.]
‣ Hey Pretty Mama B - Jim Wolfe [Krabs using Squidward for pony rides.]
‣ Hillbilly Party - Patrick and Squidward heavily breathe at each other.
‣ Hillbilly Tension Build - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs challenges SpongeBob to a race.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [Race starts.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [SpongeBob riding Patrick in front of Squidward and Krabs.]
‣ Call the Cops! - Jay Glover, Gary Crockett [Krabs poses as a cop.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [SpongeBob and Patrick arrive at Black Devil Bay.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Customer takes his delivery.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [Krabs and Squidward arrive and they win.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Okay, buddy, but remember you can still be anything."]
‣ Rodeo Daze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick takes Krabs' claws.]
‣ Hillbilly Party - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 18 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- During its initial release in the United States, this episode was paired with "The Incredible Shrinking Sponge."
- This was the last episode to premiere in 2017 and also the last one produced that year.
- This episode’s original title was "Giddy Up, Patrick!"
- This marks the first usage of the APM Rodeo Daze for a title card since the episode of the same name.
- This episode was put on Nick.com a few minutes before it aired on TV.
- "My leg!:"
- The last kid who Mr. Krabs is not able to catch.
- When Patrick runs over the same kid.
- It should be noted that the kid says "My wittle weg!," not "My leg!"
- The last kid to fall was first seen light blue. In a later shot, he is green.
- A street cleaner chasing Pat the Horse every time he runs.
- Squidward making fun of Patrick being a horse.