- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 154
- Sandy Cheeks
- Clown (mentioned)
- Angler fish (single appearance)
- Incidental 46
- Ryan Timmy
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 169 (debut)
- Officer Slugfish
- Orange kid fish (single appearance)
- Shelley (cameo)
- Old Man Jenkins (yellow child)
- One of the cafeteria workers (cameo on book cover)
- Worker fish (cameo on book cover)
- Criminal (cameo on book cover)
The episode begins with SpongeBob showing Patrick a story of several people who have jobs. Patrick sees a horse in one of them and wants to become one, leading to him actually becoming one the next day. SpongeBob is amazed by Patrick and now calls him Pat. After he tames him, he rides him to the Krusty Krab.
When SpongeBob leaves Pat to work, he starts getting attraction from kids. Mr. Krabs sees this and decides to use Pat to obtain money. This makes SpongeBob sad, as Pat has been turned into a way for Mr. Krabs to earn money. Eventually, Pat gets annoyed with being a pony ride and runs off.
SpongeBob tries to get Pat to come back, and at the same time, Mr. Krabs turns Squidward into a pony ride so he can continue making business. SpongeBob finds Pat in a hot and dry desert and gets him to come back to him and be his horse again. After arriving back at the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs tells him to keep his horse away as Squidward is a much better horse than him. This leads to SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs having a race to see who can delivery a Krabby Patty the fastest.
Pat reaches the customer first, but Pat had eaten the Krabby Patty while they were racing. This allows Mr. Krabs and Squidward to give the Krabby Patty to the customer and win the race. Pat, who's now as Patrick again, then declares that he's bored of being a horse and wants to be a crab, making Mr. Krabs angry by stealing his arms. The episode ends with Squidward riding on SpongeBob, while a street cleaner chases them.
- A street cleaner chasing Pat the Horse every time he runs.
- Squidward making fun of Patrick being a horse.
- A kid saying my little leg when he gets hurt.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Rodeo - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Unknown Track 24 - Close up of "You Can Be Anything" book.
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick gets excited.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["A horse?"]
• Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick gets sleep.]
• Solo Steel 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [The next morning...]
‣ Rodeo Stars (a) - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob wakes up.]
‣ Western Square Dance (a) - John Fox [Patrick acting like a horse.]
‣ Ride 'em Cowboy - David Lindup [SpongeBob riding in Patrick towards the Krusty Krab.]
• Silly Bob Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward laughs at Patrick.]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick kicks Squidward.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 36D - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs introduces Squidward into SpongeBob.]
• Breathing Underwater Short - Nicolas Carr [Krabs imagines kids as money.]
• Drunken Sailor Solo Accordion-2 - Nicolas Carr ["Kids love horseys. Great idea having Patrick play pony."]
• Hillbilly Chase - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs charges $10 for pony rides on Patrick.]
• Stumbling Tumbleweeds - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sad at the kitchen.]
‣ ? [Rimshot.]
• Stumbling Tumbleweeds - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Get it? Night? Mare? Ha-ha!"]
‣ Buck Jump - Cedric Palmer [Several kids on Patrick at once.]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (d) - Wilfred Burns [Patrick breaks loose and runs off.]
‣ Razor's Edge - Cedric Palmer [SpongeBob runs after Patrick.]
• Skipping to Hillbilly School - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward acting like a horse, making fun of Patrick.]
• Patchy's Parched Blues - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob looking for Patrick at the desert.]
‣ The Wild Wild West - John Fox [SpongeBob finds Patrick and rides in.]
• Monster Surf Party - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob riding in Patrick at Goo Lagoon.]
‣ Hey Pretty Mama B - Jim Wolfe [Krabs using Squidward for pony rides.]
• Hillbilly Hoot - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick and Squidward heavily breathe at each other.]
• Hillbilly Tension Build - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs challenges SpongeBob to a race.]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [Race starts.]
• Got It - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [SpongeBob riding Patrick in front of Squidward and Krabs.]
‣ Call the Cops! - Jay Glover, Gary Crockett [Krabs poses as a cop.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [SpongeBob and Patrick arrive at Black Devil Bay.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 11C - Jeremy Wakefield [Customer takes his delivery.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [Krabs and Squidward arrive and they win.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16C - Jeremy Wakefield ["Okay, buddy, but remember you can still be anything."]
• Rodeodaze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick takes Krabs' claws.]
• Hillbilly Party - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 18, The Complete Eleventh Season, SpongeBob Schwammkopf, Staffel 11, Vol. 2 and Chatterbox Gary DVDs.
- During its initial release in the United States, this episode was paired with "The Incredible Shrinking Sponge," but since it has re-airing with "Cuddle E. Hugs."
- This episode was premiered exactly one month after it was confirmed.
- This episode's original title was "Giddy Up, Patrick!"
- This episode marks the first usage of the track "Rodeo" for a title card, which is a simplified version of the track "Rodeodaze" used as the title card of an episode of the same name.
- "My leg!:"
- The last kid who Mr. Krabs is not able to catch.
- When Patrick runs over the same kid.
- The kid says, "My wittle weg!," not "My leg!"
- This episode's title is a reference to the children's book Pat the Bunny.
- When SpongeBob sees Patrick running around as a horse in SpongeBob's yard, Patrick's shadow keeps disappearing and reappearing underneath him.
- The last kid to fall was first seen light blue. In a later shot, he is green.
- SpongeBob has one eyelash when he looks outside the Krusty Krab glass door.
- When Patrick eats the seaweed field, he is colored slightly orange.