- Fish on Everybody Aplomb Now
- Squidward Tentacles
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 45
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Incidental 30A
- Incidental 115
- Patrick Star
- Sandy Cheeks
- Incidental 152 (named Billy)
- Mrs. Puff
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 104
- Talking underwear
- Incidental 24
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 46
- Old Man Walker
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 6
- Orange cop
- Incidental 118
- Human police officer (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs (in title card only)
- Gary the Snail (in title card only)
- Sheldon J. Plankton (in title card only)
- Jellyfish (in title card only)
At the Krusty Krab, the customers are very hungry. Squidward asks SpongeBob why the orders are not ready yet. SpongeBob explains that he is practicing for an oral report that he must do for boating school. Squidward says that "public speaking" causes stress, but then SpongeBob explains how he is good at "public speaking." SpongeBob then walks out, ready to give the customers their orders, and gets scared because they are acting zombie-like.
SpongeBob then realizes that he has stage fright. The customers start fighting for the single order as Squidward is beaten up after trying to give a customer his order, which makes SpongeBob even more frightened.
It then cuts to Patrick's rock. Patrick opens it, only to realize he has the wrong rock, but SpongeBob pulls him in. SpongeBob asks Patrick to help him practice by listening to his speech. SpongeBob has to practice if he wants to pass then he has to give the report.
SpongeBob begins to become very nervous, and Patrick decides that SpongeBob should see Sandy for help. Sandy deduces SpongeBob has a severe case of "Oral-Reportitis", which is caused by stress of someone too nervous to present an oral report before a crowd. To help him out, Sandy gives SpongeBob a pair of underwear with goggles on it, so SpongeBob can see people in their underwear so he will not feel nervous.
The next day, SpongeBob is next to do his oral report and then he gets nervous for a prolongued time. SpongeBob asks Patrick for the goggles, and he gives SpongeBob the goggles while accidentally breaking them in the process while trying to polish them. Billy tells him to hurry up, and SpongeBob sees him in his underwear; he is relieved. Then he sees the whole class in their underwear. SpongeBob begins laughing and Mrs. Puff asks him why. SpongeBob sees Mrs. Puff's underwear and starts laughing even harder. SpongeBob begins reading his report but the goggles malfunction, causes it to give him the sight of everybody's underwear having scary faces. SpongeBob screams and runs away, he drives Mrs. Puff's boat, and Patrick and Mrs. Puff chase him. The police notice that SpongeBob ran a stop light and chase after him. SpongeBob then crashes through various buildings. The police question if he knows about "boating safety" and SpongeBob goes through a long explanation of "boating safety." The police start crying and say it is beautiful. Mrs. Puff says that SpongeBob will have to go to jail and she will not have to teach him anymore. The police arrests Mrs. Puff because under penal code 26-1, SpongeBob's delinquent actions is under Mrs. Puff's care because she's his boating teacher, much to her dismay. After this, Patrick is happy that SpongeBob conquered his fear, and puts on the underwear glasses. He notices that SpongeBob's underwear starts talking angrily to him, so he runs away, ending the episode.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Ripped Hide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Suspended Suspense - Nicolas Carr [opening]
• ? [Two fish moan like zombies]
• Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob, the collective blood sugar around here is dangerously low."]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece A - Gregor F. Narholz [Customers acting like zombies]
‣ Evil Apparition [#23] - Harry Lubin [Customers attack Squidward]
‣ Clumsy A - Bernd Gesell [Patrick comes home]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phil Green [SpongeBob trying to practice his speech/Patrick looks SpongeBob closely]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence ["You're gonna have things thrown at you that you wouldn't believe. You gotta be ready. Now try again."]
‣ Attack - Anthony Hymas [Patrick throwing pillows at SpongeBob]
• Steel Licks 7 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick, nobody throws pillows in class!"]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [Patrick dressed as Mrs. Puff]
• Steel Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield ["A detention slip?!"]
‣ Pell-Mell - Sam Spence [SpongeBob on a treadmill/"Speech! Speech! Speech!..."]
• 2 Pell W Piati Crash - Nicolas Carr [Patrick plays loud cymbals]
• Sneaky Buns - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob nervous]
• Hawaiian Solo Steel - Nicolas Carr, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green [SpongeBob decides to see Sandy]
• Fooling Around 1A - Barry Anthony [Sandy explains how to get rid of stage fright]
• Flextone Sting - Nicolas Carr [Purple fish notices he's in his underwear.]
• Fooling Around 1A - Barry Anthony [Sandy shows SpongeBob the goggles]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [Boating school the next day]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["...SpongeBob SquarePants."]
‣ House Of Horror [#10.2] - William Merrick Farran [SpongeBob nervous]
‣ House Of Horror [#10.5] - William Merrick Farran [Students angrily stare at SpongeBob]
• Steel Licks 15 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Mrs. Puff, do I really have to do this?"]
‣ Drama Link (C) - Hubert Clifford ["My report is on..."]
‣ Footsteps Of Horror - WIlliam Merrick Farran [SpongeBob shaking]
• Light Conversation 1 No Percussion - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick gives SpongeBob the goggles]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff in underwear]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [goggles break]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob gets away]
• Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Cops]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob crashes into a wall]
• Proud to Be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob gives his speech]
• Steel Licks 19 - Jeremy Wakefield ["That was beautiful."]
• Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff arrested]
• Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is on the Disorder in the Deep, Complete Eighth Season, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Kids Double Pack: Volume 2, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 14, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- "Oral Report" was ranked #94 during the SpongeBob's Top 100 event in the UK and Ireland from June 4-8, 2012.
- The title card for this episode looks similar to the title card of "Frankendoodle," as they are both on paper.
- The difference is that this episode title card has the main characters on it, and that one has flowers in it.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob appears on a title card. The first was "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"
- However, unlike that episode's title card, SpongeBob is seen as a drawing here.
- This is the first episode to play the second part of the APM track "House of Horror" since "The Camping Episode."
- This is the third episode where Patrick is in Boating School. The first was "New Student Starfish" and the second was "Driven to Tears."
- This is the second episode where someone impersonates Mrs. Puff. In this episode's case, it is Patrick. The first was SpongeBob in the episode "Gone."
- This is the third episode where Patrick crossdresses. The first was "That's No Lady," and the second was "Love That Squid."
- There are several similarities between this episode and "Hall Monitor":
- When the customers are at the Krusty Krab, beating up Squidward, his hat appears flying through the window into the kitchen where SpongeBob is.
- The episode title was mentioned five times:
- By SpongeBob when he says "I'm practicing for my oral report for Boating School tomorrow."
- By Patrick when he says "I'm not hearing your oral report."
- By SpongeBob again when he says "I am more nervous about this oral report than I've ever been about anything."
- By Sandy when she says "SpongeBob, you're afflicted with severe oral report-itis."
- By Mrs. Puff when she says "Well, SpongeBob? Do you have your oral report ready?"
- This episode was paired with "A Friendly Game" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "Squidward's School for Grown Ups."
- In the Croatian dub, the episode's name is "Strah od Izlaganja," translating to "Fear of Presentation."
- Sandy tells SpongeBob he has a bad case of "Oral-Reportitis." "Itis" is a suffix used to describe swelling symptoms in people.
- SpongeBob could've simply have told Mrs. Puff that he is afraid of public speaking so that he wouldn't have to present in front of the class.
- When SpongeBob began to freak out, he could've immediately grabbed the underwear goggles instead of going a prolonged time and asking Patrick for them.
- The footage during the montage appears is from various public domain film sources, including Seeing Green (1937) and many other films.
- In "Boating School" and "Hall Monitor", SpongeBob took a test and presented a speech orally without any problems, but in this episode, he gets nervous when he has to present an oral report for boating school.
- Squidward's Krusty Krab employee hat was missing when the episode began but in the next shot, he had it on his head.
- After Squidward asks SpongeBob to take orders from the customers, the index cards on the grill are gone.
- In one scene when Patrick was yelling at SpongeBob, he is a different shade of yellow.
- SpongeBob's hand is seen pulling off the guy's clothes when it should be Sandy's in that scene.
- When SpongeBob begins shaking, Mrs. Puff's spots are missing.
- The clock on top of the purple poster behind the students is there in one scene, but then disappears in another.
- Monroe is shown in the classroom and then during the chase scene, he is now on a bench with Norma.