- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mrs. Puff
- Gary the Snail
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Bubble Bass (cameo)
- Buford (cameo)
- Luther (cameo)
- Cletus (cameo)
- Fred (cameo)
- Incidental 154
- Card people (debut)
- Roger (debut)
- Rock audieunce (debut)
SpongeBob comes out of his house, excited to show his trick to the world. He goes to Patrick's house, but he isn't home. He goes to Squidward's house next, much to his dismay.
After Squidward removes his eyes so he cannot physically see the trick, SpongeBob goes to Mrs. Puff while she's in a boating test with another student. She tries to escape, but he catches up to her and she puffs up into the air with him. When he's about to show the trick, SpongeBob falls from Mrs. Puff onto Sandy's treedome.
Since she is unable to see the trick due to her head being in another dimension, he goes to Mr. Krabs, who doesn't want to see the trick as it won't make money. Afterwards, he goes to Fred, who also doesn't want to see the trick as it won't involve his leg.
SpongeBob is sad that no one will see his trick, but gets the idea of making creatures using some wood and rocks. When he does so, he shows the trick, but still feels sad that Patrick couldn't see it. Luckily, he was on time to see the final part of SpongeBob's trick, and the two go inside the magic hat to witness the trick again.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Happy Holiday - Anthony Spurgin [SpongeBob trying to show his magic trick to Patrick and Squidward]
‣ ? [SpongeBob starts showing his trick to Squidward]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [SpongeBob starts showing his trick to Squidward]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill ["Oh... I want to show my trick to somebody!"]
‣ Main Street - Alec Gould [Mrs. Puff examining a driver in a boating test]
‣ In Pursuit - Alan Wynn [Mrs. Puff sees SpongeBob running towards her]
‣ Hot Pursuit (a) - Dick Walter [Mrs. Puff orders the driver to drive the boat/"Mrs. Puff, you gotta see my magic trick!"]
‣ ? ["Pick a card, any card!"]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel ["Pick a card, any card!"]
‣ La Muette De Portici - Daniel Auber [SpongeBob falls down from the sky and lands onto Sandy's treedome]
‣ Happy Holiday - Anthony Spurgin [SpongeBob enters Sandy's treedome]
‣ Scary Chase - Alan Wynn [SpongeBob screams after seeing Sandy without head]
‣ Parallel Dimension - Gregor Narholz [Sandy tells SpongeBob where her head is]
‣ Lost John A - Jerry Burnham, Stephen Wade, Saul Broudy [Sandy's head is observing a tree in the swamp]
‣ Happy Holiday - Anthony Spurgin [SpongeBob runs to Mr. Krabs' house]
‣ The Great White (g) - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob shows his cards to Krabs]
• The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs asks SpongeBob if his trick has anything to do with money]
‣ Happy Holiday - Anthony Spurgin [SpongeBob goes to Fred's house]
‣ Tabu - Daryl Griffith [SpongeBob sadly walks to the kelp forest]
• One Trick Sponge Theme - Ego Plum [SpongeBob presents his trick to his "audience"]
‣ Happy Holiday - Anthony Spurgin [Patrick saw a part of the trick]
• One Trick Sponge Theme - Ego Plum [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 21 Digital Release.
- Although this episode premiered in 2020, it was made in 2019 according to the credits.
- This is the fifth episode to be six minutes long. The first is "Gary Takes a Bath," the second is "The Bad Guy Club for Villains," the third is "Don't Wake Patrick," and the fourth is "The String."
- This is the first 6-minute episode of season 12. The second is "Breakin'" and the third is "Dream Hoppers."
- The costume that SpongeBob wears during his trick is a callback to the bunny suit from "Party Pooper Pants."
- "My leg!:" Fred accidentally chops his leg off with the door, screaming this.
- This episode takes place simultaneously with its sister, "Swamp Mates," because Sandy searches for something in the swamp while Patrick and Bubble Bass are there getting chased by alligators.
- This and "Swamp Mates" are the third instance of episodes that premiered on April 11 in a leap year. The first was "Pest of the West" in 2008 and the second was "Squiditis" in 2012.
- SpongeBob mentions that he was practicing his trick since he was a SpongeBoy, which is a reference to SpongeBob's prototype in 1997.
- Both this and its sister episode show a character leaving a dent of their body through a door.
- The seaweed mustache from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie makes an appearance when SpongeBob gets up to realize he looks like a magician.
- The episode's title is a pun on the phrase "one-trick pony," which refers to someone or something with only one special talent or area of expertise.
- The walking cards are similar to the card army from Alice in Wonderland.
- SpongeBob refers to himself as "The Great Spongedini," which is a reference to Harry Houdini, a famous magician.
- When SpongeBob had a kelp goatee and top hat, he resembled Jay Kay of the band Jamiroquai.
- During the zoom-out of Roger driving with Mrs. Puff, Mrs. Puff's lipstick is red instead of pink.
- When SpongeBob goes to Fred's house, the direction he moves would mean that Fred's house is opposite from Mr. Krabs' house. However, in a later shot, Mr. Krabs' house is nowhere to be seen and is replaced with a kelp forest.
- When SpongeBob starts walking away from Fred's house, he is holding playing cards. However, when the camera angle changes, he is no longer holding cards.
- ^ This was found using the Unix timestamp of the thumbnail, which is 3/24/2020 @ 18:53:19.543.
- ^ https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2919108534863499&id=487209551386755&set=a.487211324719911&refid=13&__tn__=%2B>
- ^ Google archive of the episode page is from this date.
- ^ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/687737609841148078/723100980165607424/6H1pEhvSvBk.jpg
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1144697771120705536