- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Old Man SpongeBob (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Old Man Patrick (debut)
- Larry the Lobster
- Mortimer (debut)
- Incidental 69 (purple)
- Marco (debut)
- Incidental 151 (normal, cyan)
- Incidental 48
- Water wings girl (debut)
- Water wings girl's mother (debut)
- Fortune teller (A Pal for Gary)
- Clarabelle (debut)
- Incidental M3
- Joshua Blandy (debut)
- Mrs. Blandy
- Incidental 87
- Incidental 5
- Incidental 105
- Senior 6 (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Animatronic bear
- Animatronic bunny
- Animatronic skunk
The episode begins with both SpongeBob and Patrick in a public pool playing Marco Polo. SpongeBob says Marco and opens up a Bikini Bottomite, only to discover a kid who states he is Joshua. Then Patrick is seen with a group of old people, and the lifeguard says all Shady Shoals residents out of the pool. Clarabelle mistakes Patrick for her friend Mortimer and they both go out of the pool. Patrick realizes he is all wrinkled from the pool, and Clarabelle says everyone has them, and she calls them "Oldie Foldies." She then walks off mentioning prune ice cream, and Patrick runs after her chanting "ice cream" into a bus.
SpongeBob, not knowing Patrick has left, continues to shout "Marco," until a fish, who happens to be named Marco, runs into SpongeBob, which causes he and SpongeBob to get into a fight, because Marco is upset people shout his name without wanting him.
The bus arrives at Shady Shoals and Patrick lifts all the Oldies out of the bus and into the building. Then Patrick devours all of the prune ice cream, has a brain freeze, and dies. A nurse rushes in and electrocutes Patrick with a defibrillator and his brain flies out. She then zaps his brain, and it catches fire. The nurse backs off and the smoke from the brain enters Patrick's nose. He then wakes up, squirts ketchup onto his brain, and then eats it.
Then, there is a montage showing Patrick gradually getting more wrinkly and doing old people things, until he becomes a full blown old man.
SpongeBob is in an alley, still shouting Marco, until Marco hops down from his apartment and threatens SpongeBob if he shouts his name again. SpongeBob then goes into a trance in order to become calm and tells the story of Marco's birth, until Marco starts screaming his name when SpongeBob says his parents are naming him, to which SpongeBob replies, "polo." Marco grabs SpongeBob and says he will beat up the next person who says his name wrongly, and throws him all the way to Shady Shoals, where Old Man Patrick is napping outside.
SpongeBob, still with his eyes closed, taps Patrick and says it is his turn to say Marco. Patrick says he does not know who SpongeBob is, so SpongeBob re-enacts the SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song until Patrick realizes who he is. Patrick says he is old now and shows SpongeBob all the things he does now. SpongeBob is disappointed and decides to show the oldies what it is like to be young again.
First, they try to climb a tree, and fail. Then they dance, and fail. Finally, all the oldies start chanting Bunny Buns, so they all go into the restaurant. All the oldies act amiss until SpongeBob soon also becomes so over worked that he becomes all wrinkly and old. He tries to walk and then declares he is "losing steam," falls on the ground, and steam shoots out of his holes. This steam gets Patrick moist and takes out his dry wrinkles.
SpongeBob is napping outside, and Patrick gives him a blanket. SpongeBob then appears to die, and Patrick puts the blanket over him. SpongeBob then jumps out from the blanket, saying, "Gotcha," and the camera pans away from them.
Clarabelle and the oldies are playing Marco Polo, and Clarabelle says Marco, and Marco drops down from a tree, stating he is going to beat up Clarabelle. Clarabelle then flexes her biceps and punches Marco into the distance, and when he hits the ground he explodes, as the episode ends.
- SpongeBob shouting "Marco!"
- Marco telling someone to stop shouting his name.
- The mother pulling Joshua away from anyone who is harming him.
- The more SpongeBob tries to keep the old people in check he gets more wrinkly.
- Someone pretending to die.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Ladies' Choice - Nicolas Carr [Title card.]
‣ Honolulu March - Hans Haider [Opening at the swimming pool.]
‣ Sozzled Sailor - Max Saunders [Old people and Patrick get on bus to Shady Shoals.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob still in pool looking for Patrick.]
‣ Bella Napoli (a) - Robert Foster ["Yeah, I'm-a Marco! What do you want?"]
• Sponge Surf No Guit Me - Billy Lincoln, Michael Gurley [Larry warns of a lost elderly person.]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [Old people and Patrick arrive at Shady Shoals.]
‣ Life of Luxury - Kurt Schick [Patrick knits and plays shuffleboarding with the old people.]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Elderly and Patrick laugh.]
‣ Bella Napoli (a) - Robert Foster [Marco reappears.]
• Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["I'm seeing a small farmhouse..."]
‣ Santa Lucia (a) - Ken Jones, Keith Grant ["My parents had a white farmhouse!"]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Marco gets upset.]
‣ Bella Napoli (a) - Robert Foster ["If I catch anyone a-yelling my name again, I'm-a gonna hurt them!"]
• A Simple Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob reunites with Patrick.]
◦ SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song - Derek Drymon, Stephen Hillenburg, Mark Harrison, Blaise Smith ["Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["I don't know... a wizard?"]
◦ SpongeBob SquarePants Theme Song - Derek Drymon, Stephen Hillenburg, Mark Harrison, Blaise Smith [Rest of the song.]
• A Simple Conversation 1 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Okay, now it's your turn to call Marco Polo."]
‣ Pink Lilac - Conrad Leonard [Patrick shows SpongeBob what old stuff does he do.]
• Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob suggests Patrick to do funny stuff.]
‣ Dead March 1 - Frederic Chopin, Alfred Kluten [Patrick makes a grave with the mattresses.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Come on, people. Just cause you're old doesn't mean you're rotting fish."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1A - Jeremy Wakefield [Old man's jaw falls off.]
‣ Marching to Honolulu - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob takes old people outside.]
• Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Old people get sleep.]
• Ladies' Choice - Nicolas Carr [Old people start dancing.]
• Breakdance Bust-a-Move - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob puts techno music.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5A - Jeremy Wakefield [Old people laughing.]
• Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Isn't it great to get outdoors with the fresh air and sunshine?"]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["That's a good idea!"]
• Bunny Buns Band - Brad Carow, Nicolas Carr [Old people enter at Bunny Buns.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (E) - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick trapped in ball pit.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob doing CPR on Patrick.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What? Who you calling old timer?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sees himself old.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 8A - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick are old.]
‣ Dead March 1 - Frederic Chopin, Alfred Kluten [SpongeBob pretends to die.]
‣ Moloka'i Nui (a) - Kapono Beamer ["Gotcha!"]
‣ Bella Napoli (a) - Robert Foster ["Oh, that's it! I said I was-a gonna clobber the next-a person what-a calls my name!"]
‣ Sozzled Sailor - Max Saunders [Clarabelle hits Marco.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16 - Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 18 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- SpongeBob makes a reference to the show's intro sequence.
- "Moloka'i Nui (a)" plays for the first time since "Treats!" and "Marching to Honolulu" plays for the first time since "The Bad Guy Club for Villains."
- This is the first appearance of Bunny Buns since "Mid-Life Crustacean," and the first time it is seen at daytime.
- This is the second appearance of prune ice cream, after "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V".
- The title "Old Man Patrick" was originally going to be the name of the episode "Squidward's School for Grown-Ups."
- In the French opening credits, Bob Jaques is spelled as "Bob Jacques."