Nosferatu is a character who appears in the episodes "Graveyard Shift," "The Night Patty," and "A Place for Pets." He also appears in the Nintendo DS version of the video game SpongeBob's Truth or Square. Nosferatu is a vampire from the 1922 horror film Nosferatu. He is an employee of the Krusty Krab and works as the night shift manager.
He is a vampire who wears black attire. In "The Night Patty," he is shown wearing a darker-colored version of the Krusty Krab employee hat.
Role in series
Nosferatu is responsible for the light flickering at the Krusty Krab, which confuses and scares SpongeBob and Squidward, as the lights flickering is one of the signs of the hash-slinging slasher's arrival.
Nosferatu hides in the cooler during the night shift and is the boss there. He approves SpongeBob to be a fry cook for the night shift by drinking his blood with a straw.
Nosferatu briefly appears during the song "Pets Are People Too" when he is gifted a sea bat.
Role in Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years
In Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, he is known as Kidferatu. Unlike his previous appearances where he is depicted via live-action, he is fully animated.
Kidferatu is one of the main campers in the mysterious cabin.
Kidferatu is briefly seen with an umbrella eating a Patty.
Role in Video Games
SpongeBob's Truth or Square
He appears in the "Buns-a-Blazin'" mini-game in the Nintendo DS version.
- Contrary to popular opinion, the word 'nosferatu' does not mean 'vampire', 'undead', or anything similar. The term originally came from the old Slavonic word 'nosufur-atu', which itself was derived from the Greek 'nosophoros'. 'Nosophoros', in the original Greek, stands for 'plague carrier'.
- "The Night Patty" marks the first time Nosferatu's full body is shown in SpongeBob SquarePants.
- His appearance in this episode also marks his first in-series episode appearance in 17 years.
- He replaced "Floorboard Harry" in the final draft of "Graveyard Shift."
- Irony: Nosferatu is a land-based character, like Sandy Cheeks, Wormy, and Kenny the Cat. But unlike them, he doesn't have an air helmet to breathe, but somehow still survives underwater.