SpongeBob and Sandy are at Goo Lagoon. They are about to go swimming in the lake but Sandy points out that SpongeBob is not wearing his swimsuit, so SpongeBob goes into the clothing tent to change. While SpongeBob is in the changing room, he secretly puts on his karate gear, wanting to surprise Sandy. However, when he comes out of the changing room and abruptly attacks Sandy, the latter slashes him, showing she had the same idea. During the battle Sandy hits SpongeBob so hard he goes flying out of the water. Sandy uses this time to get ice cream. When SpongeBob flies back into the water, Sandy pauses her ice cream moment to hit SpongeBob and he goes flying. SpongeBob flies so far he ends up at a place with a group of strong men waiting in line for something.
SpongeBob flies into one of the scary men, who gets angry, thinking SpongeBob is a piece of paper. He turns around to see who threw the "paper" at him and SpongeBob gets scared because the man is intimidating and tough. SpongeBob covers it up by hiding until Sandy comes and he comes out. Sandy comes and asks what they're standing in line for and the man says they are waiting in line for The Salty Spitoon, the toughest sailor club in Bikini Bottom, which only the toughest fish can get in.
The bouncer, Reg, allows Sandy in, as she's one of the toughest fighters in Bikini Bottom, but rejects SpongeBob because he is too weak. Reg suggests that SpongeBob should instead go to Weenie Hut Jr. and then Super Weenie Hut Juniors, much to SpongeBob's intense annoyance and humiliation. SpongeBob tries other methods, like telling him a story about how he stubbed his toe while watering his spice garden and only crying for 20 minutes, and wearing a wig to disguise himself. A sponge called "Drifter" is also shown and mistaken for SpongeBob, but the real SpongeBob shows up with a clown wig and Reg lets the Drifter in.
Finally, SpongeBob goes to Weenie Hut Jr's. The patrons talk about special days at Weenie Hut Jr's. and the animatronic server calls SpongeBob a weenie, annoying him in the process. The patrons then suggest ways for SpongeBob to prove his toughness and gain entrance to The Salty Spitoon. SpongeBob figures that the quickest way to do so would be to win a fight, but since he is not very strong, he decides to stage a fight with Patrick.
The fight with Patrick is supposed to be the latter letting him win. They sling insults at each other to make the fight seem more realistic, but SpongeBob calls Patrick "Tubby," angering him and leading him to attacking SpongeBob. The latter reminds him that he's supposed to let him win and Patrick proceeds to beat himself up as if there were an invisible person attacking him, even flinging himself into the background.
Reg becomes amazed about SpongeBob beating up Patrick without even touching him and finally allows him to enter The Salty Spitoon.
SpongeBob runs inside the club, but he slips on an ice cube and falls, putting him in the hospital. He initially is admitted to the Bikini Bottom Hospital, but while talking to the doctor, he refers to his injuries as "boo-boos." The doctor suggests that SpongeBob is admitted to Weenie Hut General instead right next to the hospital, much to SpongeBob's dismay.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Ulkereien - Gerhard Trede [title card]
‣ Beach Party - Harry Bluestone [opening at Goo Lagoon]
‣ Dramatic Impact 1 - Ivor Slaney ["Who threw that piece of paper at me?"]
‣ Gruesome - The Surfdusters [SpongeBob struggling to open ketchup bottle/SpongeBob struggling to open ketchup bottle again]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["Weenie Hut Jr.'s?!"/"Super Weenie Hut Jr's?"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [SpongeBob at Weenie Hut Jr.'s/SpongeBob at Weenie Hut Jr.'s again]
‣ Witty Fellow - Gerhard Trede [drifter]
‣ What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor - Okko Bekker [two guys fighting]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob crying]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [SpongeBob at Weenie Hut Jr.'s again]
‣ Andy Anorak - Chris Marshall ["Who, me?"]
‣ Casualties of Love B - Mladen Franko ["Nobody calls me Tubby!"]
‣ Vergnügungspark - Gerhard Trede [Patrick pretending to get beat up]
‣ Great Moments - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob allowed into The Salty Spitoon]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [ending]
- This episode is available on the Sea Stories, Complete 3rd Season, 10 Happiest Moments, First 100 Episodes, and Complete Third Season DVDs.
- As of February 1, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.1/10 based on 451 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.8/10 based on 160 votes.
- "No Weenies Allowed" was ranked #58 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- This is the first official episode to be made in 2002 according to the credits.
- This episode premiered in Canada on August 16, 2002.
- In HBO's TV series Six Feet Under, in the episode "You Never Know," Julio, the son of Federico, is seen watching this episode on TV.
- The two nerds talking about the special days at Weenie Hut Juniors and Super Weenie Hut Juniors with Patrick mention:
- Mega Weenie Monday
- Monster Weenie Monday
- Double Weenie Friday
- Super Weenie Sunday
- The two geeks are voiced by Paul Tibbitt (#1) and Kent Osborne (#2), the storyboard directors/writers on this episode.
- This episode marks the first time that a sponge unrelated to SpongeBob appears.
- This is the second episode to have a sign as the title card. The first is "Squid on Strike."
- In the sister episode, "Squilliam Returns," one of the sheets that get shredded when SpongeBob clears his mind is titled "Spice Garden Tips," referencing the scene where he mentions his spice garden in this episode.
- Another connection with this episode and "Squilliam Returns" is that Patrick uses the same insult "weenie," which is frequently used in this episode.
- In the credits of this episode, the robot is called "Animatronic Server."
- On the Complete 3rd Season DVD, according to the pop-up trivia fact in the scene where SpongeBob's feet land in Tom's potato salad, it is revealed that it takes about at least 12 weeks to make an 11-minute episode.
- A clip from this episode was shown in the 2014 SpongeBob Toyota commercial.
- In this episode, SpongeBob is depicted as a wimp who is easily injured. However, many episodes, mainly "The Bully," depict him being hurt badly but not feeling a thing or getting injured due to his ability to regenerate as a sponge.
- This is the first episode produced in 2002.
- In the Brazilian Portuguese version of the episode, the man who is launched out of The Salty Spitoon shares the same voice with Squidward.
- In this episode, SpongeBob realizes the joke about "Sandy" after she kicks him up from sand underneath, but he also already knew this joke in "Ripped Pants." It is likely that this episode takes place before "Ripped Pants" or he could've forgotten the joke.
- A reference to this episode is made in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, where one of the thugs is seen eating a bowl of nails without milk in the Thug Tug.
- This episode spawned a ton of memes on the Internet in the episode including:
- The scene when SpongeBob says "I'll have you know I stubbed my toe last week while watering my spice garden and I only cried for 20 minutes" has become popular on the internet and has been parodied many times.
- The quote "Three days!" by Tom is popular on the Internet.
- The scene where Sandy rips Reg's "Mom" tattoo and replacing it upside down with the word "Wow" has also become a popular internet meme.
- Patrick's quote, "Nobody calls me Tubby!" has also become a popular Internet meme.
- This episode premiered on Dee Snider's 47th birthday and two years after "Arrgh!" and "Rock Bottom" premiered.
- In the Polish dub, this episode's title is "Nie dla milusińskich," which translates to "Not for Weenies."
- The opening still, which reads "No Weenies Allowed," resembles the Oscar Mayer hot dog packaging (Oscar Mayer would use the term "wiener" when describing its hot dogs in advertisements).
- When Patrick beats himself up in front of SpongeBob, it is a reference to the cult film Fight Club, where the narrator beats himself up in front of his employer.
- When the tough guy says he ate a bowl of nails for breakfast this morning without any milk, it is a parody one of Mr. Ratburn's secrets during the Arthur short story "Arthur And The Real Mr. Ratburn," as per Prunella's dialogue to the gang: "He eats nails for breakfast without milk," while Mr. Ratburn is the third-grade schoolteacher.
- After Sandy flips Reg's tattoo around, it is then flipped back to normal, still reading "WOW." Later, it then says "MOM" again, and then just scribbles.
- On the official Nickelodeon site, a quiz on "How well do you know SpongeBob" asks the question "What restaurant does SpongeBob go into in the episode No Weenies allowed?" The answer is Super Weenie Hut Jr's., but SpongeBob just goes into Weenie Hut Jr's.
- When Patrick punches SpongeBob in the fake fight, SpongeBob gets a black eye. When he smiles, the black eye goes away.
- Every time the geeks, SpongeBob, and Patrick go off-screen or go to a close-up, their chairs change color (blue and white being the colors).
- When SpongeBob returns to Weenie Hut Jr.'s and has his hands in his sundae, and the robot calls him a "weenie" once again, SpongeBob mouths "weenie" when the robot says it.
- In the Bahasa Indonesia version, there is a mistake when nerds talk Patrick about Mega Weenie Monday:
- Nerd #2: Actually they moved Double Weenie Wednesday to Friday.
- Nerd #3: And besides, today's Sunday.
- Patrick: Oh, so it's Mega Weenie Sunday?
- Nerd #2: Uhh, that's now on Sunday.
- Patrick: Barnacles!
- Nerd #3: Super Weenie Hut Jr's has a Mega Weenie Sunday.
- Nerd #2: Uhh, no, you're thinking of Monster Weenie Sunday.
- When SpongeBob and Sandy get in line, the former is ahead of the latter, but after the Popeye fish goes in, Sandy is before SpongeBob.
- Reg says SpongeBob should be in Super Weenie Hut Juniors, but throughout the episode he only goes to Weenie Hut Junior's.
- When people tell SpongeBob where to go, the place's name is Weenie Hut ______. Tympup plays whenever the said building is shown.
- The robot waiter calling SpongeBob a weenie and the latter reacts by saying he's not one.
- SpongeBob desperately trying to go inside the Salty Spitoon, but things don't go so well.
- Narrator: Ah, Goo Lagoon, a luxurious oasis of sand and sea. [scene cuts to SpongeBob and Sandy next to a tent]
- Sandy: Shee-oot, SpongeBob. How are we gonna go swimmin' when you're in a shirt and tie?
- SpongeBob: Ah, yes. How foolish of me. [cackles] Allow me to remedy said situation right now. I will just use this changing tent here to change into my bathing suit. [goes into the tent, then pokes his head out] And I won't do anything else. [goes back in]
- Sandy: SpongeBob's actin' jumpier than a rattlesnake in a pickle barrel. Wait... what?
- SpongeBob: [laughs] Oh, I'll be changing, alright, but not into a bathing suit. Wait until Sandy sees that I brought my karate gear! Hi-yah! [puts on his headgear that was in the bag] Hi-yah! [puts on his karate gloves that was in the bag] Sandy won't beat me this time, because I've got the elements on my side. The elements of surprise. Hi-yah! [kicks the bag]
- Sandy: SpongeBob, are you ready?
- SpongeBob: Yes, Sandy, I most certainly am ready! [softly] Ready to get it on. [jumps out of the tent towards Sandy] Hi...
- Sandy: Hi-yah! [kicks SpongeBob in his mouth] Look, SpongeBob, we both brought our karate gear.
- SpongeBob: [muffled laughter] Great minds think alike, I suppose.
- Sandy: Hi-yah! [karate chops him into the air. SpongeBob crashes into the ground, followed by his pants, socks, and shoes. He stands up with the clothing on his head and feet in some food]
- SpongeBob: I may be down, but I'm not out! [looks down at his feet, which are in some potato salad at a family picnic]
- Tom: Way to go, buddy. It took us three days to make that potato salad. [SpongeBob jumps away] Three days!
- SpongeBob: [jumps into an empty area] Hi-yah! Sandy?
- Sandy: Oh, I'm Sandy, alright. [her arms come out of the ground and squish SpongeBob's face] I'm very Sandy. [kicks SpongeBob into the air] Hi-yah!
- SpongeBob: Oh, I get it. She's "Sandy." That's her name; she's also covered in... yes! [flies out of the water then back into it. Scene cuts to Sandy talking to an ice cream vendor]
- Sandy: Back in Texas, we call ice cream "frozen cow juice". Excuse me for a sec. Hi-yah! [slaps SpongeBob in the face with her karate glove] Thank you.
- Ice Cream Vendor: No, no, thank you.
- Sandy: Hi-yah! [slaps SpongeBob again, sending him into the air and flying into a strong fish that is waiting in line]
- Tough Fish #1: [growls] Who threw that piece of paper at me? [SpongeBob stammers and whistles]
- Sandy: Hey, what's everybody waitin' in line for?
- Tough Fish #1: Ahoy, fair lass, it be the line to get into the Salty Spitoon — [points over to an old building] the roughest, toughest sailor club ever to be built under the seven seas. Only the baddest of the bad can get in. You need to have muscles. [flexes his arm] You need to have muscles on your muscles. [flexes, even more, created more muscles on his previous ones] You need to have muscles on your eyeballs! [flexes his eyes, creating muscles]
- SpongeBob: Ew. [a fish is screaming while flying out of the Salty Spitoon]
- Sandy: Looks like a rip-snortin' good time, SpongeBob!
- SpongeBob: Yeah, let's go in.
- Reg: [lets a fish walk in] Go ahead. [line moves up] Welcome to the Salty Spitoon. How tough are ya?
- Tough Fish #1: How tough am I? How tough am I?! I had a bowl of nails for breakfast this morning!
- Reg: Yeah, so?
- Tough Fish #1: Without any milk.
- Reg: Uhh, right this way, sorry to keep you waiting. [tough fish walks in. Sandy walks up to Reg] Welcome to the Salty Spitoon. How tough are ya?
- Sandy: How tough am I? [rips off one of his tattoos that says "MOM" and puts it upside down back where it was. Reg screams in pain when Sandy rips off the tattoo]
- SpongeBob: Wow.
- Sandy: Got any more tattoos? [Reg covers the upside down tattoo with his arms]
- Reg: Uhh, that won't be necessary. Go ahead.
- Sandy: Thanks. See ya inside, SpongeBob! [walks in]
- Reg: How tough are ya?
- SpongeBob: How tough am I? You got a new bottle of ketchup?
- Reg: Sure. [hands the bottle of ketchup to SpongeBob]
- SpongeBob: It's on! [strains to open it, but he can't] If I could just run this under some hot water...
- Reg: Get outta here. This place is too tough for you, little man.
- SpongeBob: Too tough for me? That's downright ridiculous. I'll have you know I stubbed my toe last week while watering my spice garden, and I only cried for twenty minutes.
- Reg: Listen, kid. I think you'd be more comfortable over at that place. [points to the building across the street]
- SpongeBob: Weenie Hut Jr's? Are you saying I belong in Weenie Hut Jr's?
- Reg: Uhh. Oh, no, sorry, I was actually pointing at the place next to it. [points to another building]
- SpongeBob: Super Weenie Hut Jr's?
- Reg: Yeah. Unless you think you're tough enough to fight me. [Scene cuts to SpongeBob sitting in a seat at Weenie Hut Jr's]
- Nerd #1: How's your collection coming along?
- Nerd #2: Well, I don't mean to brag, but it's pretty sweet. I'm in the process of acquiring issue 347 which will give me my fourth complete set.
- Nerd #1: No...
- SpongeBob: [snorts] What weenies. Oh, brother.
- Robot: [robotic voice] Would you care for another diet cola with a lemon twist, weenie?
- SpongeBob: What? But I'm not a weenie! [the robot scans SpongeBob with one of its scanners]
- Robot: I'm sorry, sir, but my sensors indicate that you are indeed a weenie. [computer beeps and shows a picture of a hot dog weenie with the word "YES" below it]
- SpongeBob: That's impossible! [the two nerds look at him. He runs off]
- Robot: You can't hide what's inside.
- SpongeBob: [runs over to Reg] I demand entrance into your club on the grounds that I am not a weenie! [a strong, orange fish walks up]
- Tough Fish #4: Hey, Reg, how's it going? [SpongeBob screams in surprise and he jumps onto Reg's arms.]
- Reg: You were sayin'? [to orange fish] Go ahead, buddy.
- Tough Fish #4: Thanks, Reg. [walks in]
- SpongeBob: So, your name's Reg?
- Reg: [throws SpongeBob aside] Would you get outta here?
- SpongeBob: Mark my words, Reg. I will get into the Salty Spitoon! I will! [runs off. Scene cuts to Weenie Hut Jr's]
- Nerd #1: Couldn't get in, huh? What you need is a tough hairdo. No one gets into the Double S without a tough hairdo.
- Nerd #2: I disagree, I saw a guy going in there and he was bald.
- Nerd #1: I saw that guy. He wasn't bald. He had a shaved head. Shaved — that's a hairdo. Case closed. [both fish notice SpongeBob is gone] Hey, where'd he go?
- Robot: I believe he said something about going to the wig store.
- Nerd #1: Ha-ha! Check and mate. [Someone who looks like SpongeBob walks over to Reg with a cool, black wig on]
- Drifter: What's shakin', my man?
- Reg: Not much. Say, haven't I seen you before?
- Drifter: Doubt it — I'm a drifter — just blew into town. Heard your club was pretty tough, thought I'd check it out.
- Reg: Nice try, kid. I know it's you.
- Drifter: What're you talking about? [Reg pulls Drifter's hair, but it is still attached to his head, it's real hair]
- Reg: Aha! [the hair does not come off. SpongeBob walks up with a clown wig on]
- SpongeBob: Hey, everybody, what's goin' on? [the Drifter gets angry as Reg tries to redo his hair, but can't do it]
- Reg: Ah, you can go in. Sorry about that. [Drifter angrily walks in] Well, what do you want?
- SpongeBob: I'd like to gain entrance to your social club, please. I believe my hairdo is in order. [Reg takes the wig off SpongeBob's head. SpongeBob laughs nervously] So, uh, where do you stand on the whole bald vs. shaved debate? [a big, green fish walks up with a tattoo of a seahorse on his right arm]
- Tough Fish #5: Hey-ya, Reg.
- Reg: Alright, now it's a party! Oh, yeah, check out the new ink.
- Tough Fish #5: Thanks. Hey, look what I can make it do. [moves his arm, which makes the seahorse tattoo wiggle]
- Reg: [chuckles] Yeah. Hey, what about that one? [big, green fish looks at his left arm that has a SpongeBob tattoo on it]
- Tough Fish #5: Huh, you know, I don't remember getting this one.
- Reg: Can you make it dance?
- Tough Fish #5: Well, here, let me try. [moves his arm. SpongeBob dances]
- Reg: Hmmm, wait a minute. [rips SpongeBob off his arm] Go ahead in. [the tattoo fish walks in, rubbing his left arm]
- Tough Fish #5: Yeah, sure, Reg. Thanks.
- Reg: Nice try, little man. [throws SpongeBob to the back of the line behind two strong fish]
- Tough Fish #6: Hey, I was in front of you!
- Tough Fish #7: No, you weren't!
- Tough Fish #6: You callin' me a liar?
- Tough Fish #7: I ain't callin' you for dinner! [two start fighting. SpongeBob tries to run away, but the fight goes downhill, with him in it. Reg walks over]
- Reg: Hold it, you two! That's enough, you're both plenty tough, go ahead in.
- Tough Fish #6: Alright!
- Tough Fish #7: Thanks, Reg. [both run off as SpongeBob comes out from under the sand]
- SpongeBob: Hey, what about me? I was in that scrap. [He dusts his clothes using his hands]
- Reg: [chortles] I saw you runnin'. When you get in a real fight, then we'll talk.
- SpongeBob: Well, then, I guess it's time to take it up a notch. [spins his legs, then his hands, and then cracks his fingers, but they are snapped in half. The scene cuts out to SpongeBob’s broken fingers. He starts to cry and runs off. Scene cuts to SpongeBob with his fingers in a bowl of ice cream, whimpering]
- Robot: Care for another sundae, weenie?
- SpongeBob: [jumps angrily] I am not a weenie!
- Nerd #1: Relax, you're among friends. [raises his drink]
- SpongeBob: My friends don't hang out at Weenie Hut Jr's. [scroll over to Patrick in the seat next to him]
- Patrick: You tell 'em, SpongeBob! [sips his drink]
- SpongeBob: Patrick, what're you doing here?
- Patrick: I'm always here on Double Weenie Wednesdays.
- Nerd #1: Actually, they moved Double Weenie Wednesday to Friday.
- Nerd #2: And besides, today's Monday.
- Patrick: Oh, so it's Mega Weenie Monday?
- Nerd #1: Uhh, that's now on Sunday.
- Patrick: Barnacles!
- Nerd #2: Super Weenie Hut Jr's has a Mega Weenie Monday.
- Nerd #1: Uhh, no, you're thinking of Monster Weenie Monday.
- SpongeBob: I don't have time for this! I've got to go pick a fight with a muscular stranger! It's the only way of getting into the Salty Spitoon! [begins to walks out]
- Patrick: No, SpongeBob, you can't. It's too dangerous.
- SpongeBob: I've got no choice.
- Robot: I have a suggestion. Why not fake a fight?
- Patrick: Hey, that's not a bad idea! You can call me a couple of bad names, we rumble, next thing you know, you're in the Salty Spitoon.
- SpongeBob: Well, I guess I've got nothing to lose. Let's do it!
- Patrick: Yeah! [both run out]
- Nerd #1: Hey, how come you never help us out with our problems?
- Robot: I am a robot, not a miracle worker. [scene cuts to SpongeBob walking up to Reg]
- SpongeBob: Afternoon, Reg.
- Reg: Whoa, whoa, little man. You still can't go in.
- SpongeBob: Well, that makes me pretty mad.
- Reg: Oh yeah?
- SpongeBob: Yeah. I might have to beat someone up just to get rid of all this blind fury.
- Reg: [sarcastically] Wow.
- SpongeBob: Yeah, I feel pretty sorry for the next guy who looks at me funny.
- Reg: Hmmm... what about that guy? [points to a large muscular fish behind him]
- SpongeBob: [gasps and stammers] I, uh... [laughs] don't be silly. He's not botherin' anybody. I mean, not like... that guy! [points to Patrick]
- Patrick: Who, me? [SpongeBob walks up to Patrick]
- SpongeBob: Yeah, you. Standing there all smiling and whatnot. Somebody oughta teach you some manners!
- Patrick: Okay, but I must warn you. I happen to be a world championship... uhh... [looks at his hand, which has writing on it] ...kickboxer. [winks and gives a thumbs-up to SpongeBob]
- SpongeBob: I don't care if you're the demon seed of Davy Jones! You're goin' down, Tubby! [Patrick starts to tear up]
- Patrick: Tubby? [Patrick's sadness is quickly replaced by fury and he snarls with rage] Grr! Nobody calls me Tubby! [punches SpongeBob in the eye, leaving a black mark]
- SpongeBob: Wait, Patrick, you're supposed to let me win, remember?
- Patrick: Oh yeah. [invisible punches flying] No, please wait. [grunting as more invisible punches hit him and an elephant sound is heard when Patrick's head is hit. Patrick is being thrown into the air and on the ground, then given a wedgie] No, please, have mercy! [Patrick is kicked into the background]
- Reg: Wow! You destroyed that guy without even touchin' him. [Patrick is still getting beaten in the background]
- SpongeBob: I did?
- Reg: I never thought I'd say this, but go ahead in.
- SpongeBob: Really? I can go in? Oh, my gosh, I never thought this moment would come! I, SpongeBob SquarePants, am tough enough to get into the Salty Spitoon! This is the happiest day of my life! [walks in as Reg smiles. Scene cuts to an ambulance driving down the street with SpongeBob in bandages and Sandy by his side] Sandy? [groans] What happened?
- Sandy: You ran inside and slipped on an ice cube. [ambulance arrives at the hospital. Scene cuts to Sandy wheeling SpongeBob in front of the doctor]
- Doctor: What happened?
- SpongeBob: I slipped on an ice cube and got covered in boo-boos.
- Doctor: Boo-boos, eh? Hmmm... I think you guys want that hospital. [points across the street to Weenie Hut General]
- SpongeBob: Weenie Hut General?
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|