- French Narrator
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail (cameo)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Sandy Cheeks
- Ol' Ribeye (debut)
- Rube (debut)
- Tram's Travels tour guide (debut)
- Clerk (debut)
- Stone (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Angry mob
- Harv (cameo)
- Ryan (fish) (cameo)
- Mrs. Puff (cameo)
- Abigail Marge (cameo)
- Cara (cameo)
- Norma (cameo)
- Harold (cameo)
- Ivy (cameo)
- Frank (cameo)
- Fred (cameo)
- Mable (cameo)
- Nathiel Waters (cameo)
- Nat Peterson (cameo)
- Nazz-Mimi (cameo)
- Norma Rechid (cameo)
- Popeye Fish (cameo)
- Old Man Jenkins (cameo)
- Old Man Walker (cameo)
- Dad fish (debut)
- Dad fish's children (debut)
- Officer John Slugfish (cameo)
- Officer Rob Johnson (cameo)
- Officer Nancy O'Malley (cameo)
- Green Officer (cameo)
The episode begins at the Bikini Bottom bus depot. Patrick demands restitution from the worker. Said worker informs him that they do not sell balloons, so Patrick asks to speak to the manager. The worker then slams the ticket booth window on Patrick's face. A bus then arrives and drops off some tourists and a tour guide. The tour guide informs them where the bathrooms are and they all rush to them. The guide exclaims that he has to go to and drops his hat when rushing to the bathroom. Patrick then puts on the hat and says that he could be a tour guide. Rube, with his camera, then opens the door of the bus and asks Patrick if he's the guide. Patrick says yes and begins to lead him on a tour of Bikini Bottom.
Patrick first takes him to the kissing stone of the ancients. He claims it brings good luck to anyone who kisses it. He then proceeds to kiss it but it turns out to actually be a woman who punches Patrick and walks off.
Patrick then takes Rube to a hole that he had dug yesterday. Patrick proceeds to sit in the hole and says that it fits his buttocks. He then tells Rube to try it and he ends up sinking all the way in but claims it fits his as well.
Patrick then takes him to a kid eating an ice cream cone. Patrick says that legend has it that the kid used to have an ice cream cone. His stomach then proceeds to eat the kid's ice cream cone. Said kid then angrily kicks Patrick and takes his ice cream back.
Patrick then takes Rube to a man's living room, while he and his twins are watching television. Patrick claims the man called him a bad word once as the man shouts it was because Patrick had tried to eat his mailbox. Patrick claims he thought it was meatloaf as the man tells his twins to kick Patrick and Rube out of their house. The two soar through the air and Patrick claims they are heading towards the fry cook, SpongeBob's house. The two then fall to the ground right outside his house.
Patrick and Rube then begin watching SpongeBob as he sleeps. Patrick claims SpongeBob sucks his thumb but then realizes that he himself actually is sucking SpongeBob's thumb. An alarm clock in Patrick's stomach informs him that it is time for morning lunch. Patrick, Rube, and Gary then begin eating food out of SpongeBob's refrigerator.
Patrick then shows Rube Squidward as he is in the middle of showering. Squidward becomes extremely angry and kicks the two of them out of his house before repeatedly slamming his door, window and one of the clouds. SpongeBob is then seen running out of his house, repeatedly yelling "Late for work!" Patrick then informs Rube it is time for second lunch as they follow SpongeBob.
At the Krusty Krab, Patrick catches Plankton trying to steal a Krabby Patty. He then begins to step on Plankton and Rube joins in. Patrick then enters the kitchen and shows Rube SpongeBob preparing Krabby Patty meat into several different objects. Patrick then shows Rube how to cause the Krusty Krab toilet to overflow, which results in them being kicked out by Mr. Krabs.
At Sandy's treedome, the two drop in and fall onto Sandy's garden. The two then begin drying up without water helmets and rush out through the opening they made at the top of the treedome. Patrick's stomach alarm rings again and Rube says it's time for third lunch. Sandy's treedome then fills up with water, angering Sandy as she watches them leave.
Patrick then goes to the graveyard and shows Rube his dead friend Ol' Ribeye. Rube shakes his hand, which causes his arm to fall off. This angers him and he chases the two out of the graveyard. They run past the bus from earlier and the tour guide notices that Patrick had stolen his hat, so he drives after them. They run to Patrick's house and are completely surrounding by an angry mob who all have complaints with Patrick and Rube. Mr. Krabs informs an officer that Rube has pictures of the Krabby Patty secret formula. Plankton is inside the camera and reveals there is no film. Rube then reveals that neither he or the camera are even there and they both disappear. The surrounding mob then backs away frightened before running off.
The French narrator claims things always get weird in the tidal zone and begins laughing. Rube can then be seen spinning away into the void.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Tidal Zone Theme - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Opening.]
‣ Mischief Makers - Gilbert Vinter [Patrick at bus depot.]
‣ Droopy - Arthur Wilkinson ["Balloons?"]
‣ Out on the Town - Lew Vincent [Tourists line up to use the restroom.]
‣ Flower Display - Jack Shaindlin [Patrick becomes the tour guide of Rube.]
‣ Danse Comique - Kenny Graham [Patrick shows Rube the kissing stone.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [The stone gets up and walks away.]
‣ Stealth - Max Saunders [Patrick shows Rube a hole in the ground.]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr [Patrick jumps into the hole.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to next scene.]
‣ At the Zoo - Gerhard Trede [Patrick eats the ice cream of a kid.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
‣ Nice and Friendly (a) - Dick Walter [Patrick and Rube at a fat guy's house.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick and Rube thrown out of the fat guy's house.]
‣ The Silver Blade - Ilona Sekacz [Patrick and Rube flying through air.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (y) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Everyone please gather all your belongings and follow me single file."]
‣ Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sleeping while Patrick and Rube watch him.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick sucking SpongeBob's thumb.]
‣ Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Yes, I like sweet potatoes, thank you."]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick and Rube leave SpongeBob's bedroom.]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick, Rube and Gary eating sandwiches at SpongeBob's kitchen.]
‣ Tiki Lounge - Lionel Wendling, Gregory Ott [Squidward taking a shower.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward screams.]
‣ Happy Links 1-5 - Paul Fenoulhet [Squidward throws Patrick and Rube out of his house/SpongeBob leaves for work.]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert White [Patrick and Rube arrive at the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Happy Links 1-5 - Paul Fenoulhet [Rube steps on Plankton.]
‣ Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Patrick and Rube watching SpongeBob at the kitchen.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Photo of Rube.]
‣ ? [Patrick shows Rube the toilet of the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - Patrick shows Rube the toilet of the Krusty Krab.
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (III) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick flushes paper rolls down the toilet.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs throws Patrick and Rube out of the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Happy Links 1-5 - Paul Fenoulhet ["Gol, this is the best tour I've ever taken!"]
‣ Blissful Thought - Peter Knight [Patrick and Rube watching Sandy's treedome.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick and Rube stumble into the treedome.]
‣ Danse Comique - Kenny Graham [Patrick and Rube dehydrating while Patrick talks about Sandy's treedome.]
‣ Goblin Ballet - Ernest Tomlinson [Patrick and Rube escape from Sandy's treedome, which gets flooded.]
‣ Unknown Track 66 - Patrick shows Rube the cemetery.
‣ Terror by Night - Hubert Clifford [An skeleton named Ribeye emerges from his grave.]
‣ Shock Headed Peter - Ronald Hanmer ["This is my old pal Ribeye, everyone."]
‣ Straight from Hell - Gregor Narholz ["The management strongly advises that you... RUN AWAY!"]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ribeye chases Patrick and Rube.]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Tour guide chases Patrick and Rube.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Sandy, Ribeye and Squidward complaining about Patrick and Rube.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Ew!"]
‣ Deeply Moving Experience - Gerhard Trede [Krabs tells the police officer he wants Rube's camera film.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton inside Rube's camera.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh? That's strange."]
‣ Duologue - Derrick Mason ["Sorry for the misunderstanding everybody, but I didn't take any pictures today."]
‣ ? [Rube vanishes.]
‣ Tidal Zone Theme - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- Mrs. Puff's legs and shoes are visible behind the girls' bathroom door when it is overflowing, but she does not appear at all in the crowd beforehand.
- This is the first episode to use the APM track "The Rake Hornpipe" since "Salsa Imbecilicus."
- This is the first appearance of The Tidal Zone. It reappears in the episode, "The Night Patty."
- This is the second appearance of Ryan, who debuted in "The Incredible Shrinking Sponge."
- This is the first time the French Narrator narrates at the end of an episode since "Nasty Patty".
- This is the second episode where the plot involves characters visiting a graveyard and meeting the living dead, the first being "One Krabs Trash."
- This episode premiered eight years after "Truth or Square" premiered.
- The dad fish yells at Patrick for eating his mailbox. When the outside of his house is seen, the mailbox is visibly chewed up. The same mailbox appears in SpongeBob's refrigerator.
- The Tidal Zone is a parody of The Twilight Zone.
- The tone that plays when Patrick presses the doorbell on Ol' Ribeye's grave is the first two bars of Chopin's Funeral March
- Rube accidentally rips off and destroys Ribeye's arm, however in the next following scenes, Ribeye's arm is on and fine as if it regenerated.
- Patrick getting beat up.
- Rube saying "Amazing!"
- Krusty Krab customers stepping on Plankton.