- Squidward Tentacles
- Nautical Mart employee (debut) (mentioned)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Hermit crab (debut)
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 49
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Plastic surgeon (debut)
- Incidental 31
- Fred (normal; blue)
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 14 (blue)
- French Narrator
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 7
- Incidental 60
- Sandy Cheeks
- Grandma SquarePants (mentioned)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
In the beginning of the episode, Squidward gets home from the grocery store and finds SpongeBob and Patrick hiding in his flowers. Patrick wishes to smell the flowers, but Squidward points out that he has no nose, much to his dismay. SpongeBob suggests he should have a nose implanted on his face, and so they go to a plastic surgery clinic known as Noses 'n Things.
After the surgery, Patrick removes the bandages on his nose and is thrilled. He goes around town smelling several nice things such as perfume, pastries, freshly cut grass and deodorant. However, he soon comes across some rotten onion rings and is repulsed by the smell. Patrick runs home, but upon realizing how terrible his own house smells, decides to completely disinfect the place. After 48 hours, SpongeBob comes by and Patrick's nose picks up another bad scent. He traces it to Squidward's imported cheese and destroys it with a rocket gun.
Patrick then goes and plugs up SpongeBob's sweaty holes as he is working out, stocks the Krusty Krab with scented candles and air freshner (chasing away all the customers), and sprays Sandy with air freshener. Fed up, the gang decides to have a meeting where they contemplate punishing Patrick via physical harm. SpongeBob stops them from doing so and tells them that it's not Patrick's fault: it's his new nose that's causing him to act like this way. He suggests using something that smells so terrible, it will get rid of Patrick's nose.
They bring a huge ball of garbage to Patrick's door, which causes his nose to shrivel up and disintegrate. Replying that he just wanted to be like them, Patrick runs away crying over his loss of his nose. At the funeral, SpongeBob feels quite regretful for getting rid of Patrick's nose (even, Sandy agreed), but Squidward remain unconcerned, declaring that he couldn’t care less, and insults Patrick, who says "I heard that!" with large ears, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [Squidward comes home]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward screams]
• Boring Morning - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [Squidward tells SpongeBob to find his own flowers to sniff]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney [Patrick realizes he doesn't have a nose]
• Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick's sad]
• Steel Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I got it... right here!"]
• Steel Licks 20 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick run out of Squidward's house]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [hermit crab]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["I guess I'll always be a noseless freak."]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob tries to make Patrick feel better about his abnormality]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["I can do that?"]
‣ Happy Choo Choo (a) - Otto Sieben [wall of noses]
‣ ? ["All right, Patrick, let's unveil the new schnoz."]
‣ Evil Mind 8 - Dick de Benedictis ["Wait, stop, careful, SpongeBob!"]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick tearing off the bandages]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["There it is, Patrick!"]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, I've got to go to work now."]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr [Patrick smells something]
‣ Fantasy Princess [#50] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Pastries? I never knew they smelled so good!"]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Patrick sighs]
‣ Hawaiian Beauty - Lionel Wendling [Patrick smelling things]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What is that horrible smell?"]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick screams]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [dumpster]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick runs home]
• Steel Licks 7 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick sits down]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["Bad smells are all around me!"]
‣ Sea Battle [#48] - John Fox [Patrick cleans his house]
‣ Fighting Legions (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [48 hours later]
‣ Heavy Fight - Gerhard Trede ["Oh, the smells! They're everywhere!"]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [imported cheese]
‣ Battle March Link (a) - Keith Mansfield ["This is inexcusable! Yuck!"]
‣ Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["It's rotten garbage now."]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield ["That was my cheese."]
‣ The Creature (b) - Gregor F. Narholz ["[screams] That smell again!"]
‣ Steve's March - Sam Spence [SpongeBob lifting weights]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick plugs SpongeBob's pores]
‣ Alien Spacecraft A - Gregor F. Narholz ["Smells like... something greasy."]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [Krusty Krab exterior]
‣ Wild Panic - Gregor F. Narholz [Patrick puts scented candles on all the tables]
‣ Prologue of a Drama #9 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [customers leaving]
‣ What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor - Okko Bekker ["Why, I got a good mind to..."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [Sandy's tail]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Take a bath, fleabag!"]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White ["I've asked ye all here because we all face a similar problem."]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Let's give him what for!"]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (f) - Keith Mansfield ["Not now, boy!"]
‣ Armies on the Move - Richard Myhill ["It's the new nose that has betrayed us."]
‣ Imminent Action [#11] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [giant ball of garbage]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [Patrick's nose shrivels up]
• Steel Licks 26 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick's nose disintegrates]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick runs away crying]
• Funeral Parlor Music - Nicolas Carr [Grave of Patrick's nose]
‣ Thoughts of Summer - Philippe Pares ["All Patrick wanted was to be like the rest of us."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick with huge ears]
- This episode is available on the Simply Patrick, SpongeBob vs. The Big One, Limited Edition 2 DVD Box Set, Season 6 Volume 1, Double Feature Volume 3, Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2009, Really Big Box Set, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Treasure Chest: Double Pack, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 8, The SpongeBob Super Square Collection, Complete Sixth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- This episode was originally titled "Patrick Picks a Nose."
- The title card background is the stink ball SpongeBob makes to get rid of Patrick's nose.
- The giant garbage ball on the title card and in the episode looks like Patrick's giant ball of gum from the episode "The Gift of Gum," but made of garbage instead of gum.
- Both this and its sister episode, "Giant Squidward," have Patrick appearing from Squidward's flowers.
- This episode is similar to the Rocko’s Modern Life episode “Nothing to Sneeze At”: Both involves one of the main characters getting a nose and enjoying it until they discover bad smells and ends with them losing their nose.
- In "The Battle of Bikini Bottom," Patrick can grow a nose and is shown to have a small nostril in "Wet Painters" and "That's No Lady." He could even smell without a nose, as seen in "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve." Contradictory, he had no sense of smell in "Something Smells."
- The Noses 'n Things shop that Patrick had his nose attached at looks like a face. It has a nose on the front of the building.
- The smells that bother Patrick are:
- Rotten onion rings
- Garbage bin
- The smell of his house
- Squidward's cheese
- SpongeBob's sweaty holes
- The smell of the Krusty Krab
- The garbage ball
- The end of this episode indicates that Patrick never had ears before undergoing plastic surgery to get them. However, in "Bummer Vacation," he is shown to actually have an ear.
- Irony: SpongeBob decides Patrick should get a nose, yet he's the one who decides to get rid of it.
- Mr. Krabs' nose sensitivity is mentioned for the first time.
- This is the first episode where Grandma SquarePants is mentioned, but doesn't appear.
- This is the second episode in which Patrick is called "Pinhead." The first is "Survival of the Idiots," in which SpongeBob calls him "Pinhead Larry."
- However, this time it is Squidward who calls him it.
- This is the second episode where all of SpongeBob's holes get plugged up with corks by Patrick. The first is "Suds."
- In the Arabic dub, this episode is called "لا يعرف الأنف," which translates to "It does not know the nose."
- The episode's title is a reference to the tongue-twister "No nose knows snow like a snowman's nose knows."
- The large wall of noses does not look like it could fit into the Noses 'n Things building.
- Fred's lips are out of sync when he says, "Well, I guess I won't be eating those...".
- When Fred first appears at Bikini Bottom Bakery as blue, he has a child's voice when Patrick smells Fred's donuts. When Fred appears inside the Krusty Krab later in the episode, he has a man's voice.
- After Patrick sprays air freshener on Sandy underwater, she chokes, even though Sandy is wearing her helmet.
- The SpongeBob in the mind bubble says, "Come on, SpongeBob, be a man!" However, SpongeBob says, "Come on, SquarePants, be a man!" instead of "SpongeBob" when he exercises.
- Characters have little differences in height next to each other in different shots.