- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Orange kid
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Tourists (debut)
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Fred (normal; blue)
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Purple fish
- Abigail Marge
- Frank (red shirt)
- Frank (lifeguard)
- Frankie Billy
- Nathiel Waters
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Jimmy Gus
- Dennis (citizen)
- Norma Rechid
- Susie Rechid
- Billy (lime fish)
- French Narrator
- Ivy (gray)
- Harold (red fish)
- Jennifer Millie
- Martha Smith
- Old Man Jenkins
- Vera Fishbowl
- Medley Fishbowl
- King Neptune (mentioned)
One day, Patrick is sleeping right outside of SpongeBob's house. He wakes up to go jellyfishing, only to discover that SpongeBob is wearing his Krusty Krab hat. Patrick knows that means SpongeBob has to work. He then discovers that Squidward had a hat too. In displeasure, he promises that he was going to get a job, and a hat, so he goes off.
At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is watching for customers. He spots a group of tourists which he wants to serve some Krabby Patties, but Mr. Krabs cannot catch them, so Mr. Krabs thinks of ideas to catch them next time they come around. He then bumps into Patrick, who he hires to stand outside and lure in tourists. He is also promised to have a hat afterwards.
SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs watch as Patrick directs customers the wrong way, and sometimes pays no attention, Mr. Krabs goes out to show him the proper way to lure in customers, but he fails too, but in the end, he receives his hat, only to fall for unknown reasons. SpongeBob asks him what is wrong. Patrick supposes that he is nervous, he falls. Patrick's falling lures in customers, including the tourists. Mr. Krabs decides to make Patrick the main attraction at The Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs hosts a show with Patrick as the star, but the customers soon run off by Squidward, trying to entertain them, of course while thinking that they are uncultured, as he plays the clarinet terribly and roams around the Krusty Krab, oblivious to his lack of talent so the customers got out of there. When SpongeBob tries to take Patrick away for a blood nose, Mr. Krabs to see these debacles and silences Squidward's playing while forcing Patrick to work because he does not have a nose.
The customers continue to watch Patrick, but it gets old, but then Mr. Krabs starts to think of more painful ways to make Patrick fall, and it brings them back. SpongeBob tries to convince Patrick to stop falling for enjoyment, but Patrick begs him not to as the hat promotes him and he wants to keep doing his job, so SpongeBob agrees.
The next day, he is going to fall into a bucket of spiky sea urchins, and he takes his hat off so it will not get damaged, but he then finds himself stuck on the edge. Patrick asks Squidward to push him, as the latter is pleased at the thought of pushing one idiotic neighbor but he instead falls. Patrick puts his hat back on, starting to fall right after Squidward, as Patrick explained that he only fell because the hat made him top-heavy. Squidward lands in the bucket and Patrick falls on him, unharmed. The customers attack Mr. Krabs because only Squidward got hurt and steal all of their money back. In response, Mr. Krabs then angrily takes the hat back from Patrick, blaming him for his failure, saying that as long as he stands, Patrick will never wear the hat again. A depressed Patrick then leaves the Krusty Krab and goes home sad.
In the epilogue, SpongeBob cheers Patrick up, and tells him he can wear his hat anytime he pleases, and so they go back to their normal lives.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick upset that SpongeBob has to go to work]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, no! He's got the hat too!"]
‣ Happy Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Steel Link (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [tourists taking pictures]
‣ Steel Sting (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't ya wanna give me your money?!"]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Patrick standing around]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["How would you like a job, Patrick?"]
‣ Silly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick holding the sign incorrectly]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Patrick, you need to get their attention."]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Anything for my new hat!"]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick twirling the sign/Window opens and a tourist's camera gets blown away by the wind]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I did it!"]
‣ Unknown Track 37 - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gives Patrick a hat]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick keeps falling]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players [The Falling Fool]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward playing clarinet]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Where'd he go?"]
‣ Dingles Regatta - Brian Peters ["Now get back to work, the all of yous!"]
‣ Sad Sailor Waltz - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [seven hours later]
‣ Ta-Ra A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["What if I added a box?"]
‣ Ta-Ra B - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["What if he flopped from two boxes..."]
‣ Ta-Ra C - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["...into a cream pie?"]
‣ Kerry Polka - Brian Peters [everyone pays]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["I feel like a million bucks."]
‣ Drama Link (e) - Hubert Clifford ["Patrick, Patrick are you all right?"]
‣ Fates - Gregor F. Narholz ["No! Please don't tell Mr. Krabs!"]
‣ M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm worried about Patrick."]
‣ Entry of the Gladiators - Dick Stephen Walter ["See the part-time minimum wage employee fall from high atop this tower!"]
‣ Zampano's Waltz - Florence Caillon, Xavier Demerliac [Patrick not falling]
‣ Clowns - Dick Stephen Walter [Squidward and Patrick falling]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [everyone takes their money back]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - "All right, you leave me no choice."
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick is fired]
‣ Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [epilogue]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Last Stand, Season 6 Volume 2, Complete Sixth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- When this episode premiered, it was paired with "Goo Goo Gas."
- Squidward breaks the fourth wall by saying "I hate everyone" and looking directly at the viewers while he is saying it.
- This is the second time that there is an epilogue. The first was in "Slimy Dancing."
- When Squidward plays the clarinet, he plays the same track he performed in "SquidBob TentaclePants".
- This episode was available on Demand before it aired on TV.
- This episode aired during the The Ultimate SpongeBob Sponge Bash.
- This is the third episode where Mr. Krabs tells Patrick he is fired. The first is "Arrgh!" and the second is "That's No Lady."
- The title card background for this episode is similar to the ones used in "Naughty Nautical Neighbors" and "Le Big Switch."
- This is the second episode where the Chum Bucket appears without Plankton. The first is "Slide Whistle Stooges."
- When the two fish pay five dollars to see Patrick fall, the woman hands Mr. Krabs four bills. However, when Mr. Krabs charges five dollars to the tourists, they only hand him one bill. This instance is portrayed many times during the episode. When Mr. Krabs collects money in the Krusty Krab, they hand in three bills. Then during the end of the episode, they hand him one bill again.
- When SpongeBob and Squidward leave to go to the Krusty Krab, they go to the left instead of the right.
- In a few scenes, Harold's eyebrows are missing.