Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy is a Nicktoons crossover game for the Game Boy Advance.
Jimmy Neutron has discovered that a lot of Nicktoon characters have been misplaced in different worlds. So he sends his friends to help send them back with a special camera he made. After all the characters are put back into the right place, Jimmy discovers that Zim is behind it. So he goes to confront him.
After beating Zim, all the Nicktoons have a cook out. After the credits roll, Zim tells GIR that it's time for his new plan.
The player would first choose a world to play in (the world being on of the Nicktoons). Then they would choose a Nicktoon to play as. Then they would walk through the level while doing the following:
- Taking pictures of out of place objects.
- Avoiding obstacles.
- Completing tasks that Jimmy gave you before the level.
If the player were to take a picture of an out of place thing, or complete a task, they would earn points. If the player were to earn enough points by the end of the level, they would advance to the next. At the end of each world, the player would face a boss. The boss would be a robotic version of a Nicktoon character. To beat the boss, the player would have to take pictures of it enough times. Also, the player would have a scrapbook to keep track of what he/she has taken a picture of.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Otto Rocket
- Arnold Shortman
- Danny Fenton
- Timmy Turner
- Tommy Pickles
- Jimmy Neutron (playable after finishing the game)
- Zim (playable when the photo album is 100%)
- This game have backwards compatibility.
- This game can be played on all DS and DS Lite units.
- Arnold is one of the playable characters, although he does not appear in the introduction.
- This game was released two years after the premiere of "New Student Starfish" and "Clams."
- Despite being able to canonically fit in the Nicktoons Unite! series, Freeze Frame Frenzy is not officially considered an installment of the specific series since it was made before Unite! made its debut and has no console counterpart.
Based on its prequel (Nicktoons Unite!)
- This takes place after the episode "Band Geeks," as evidenced by the fact that Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob, Sandy, Plankton, and Patrick had never seen a human before this episode, as referenced when Patrick said "These are some ugly looking fish." and SpongeBob saying "Maybe we're in one of those toxic waste dumps."
- This takes place after the Jimmy Neutron and Fairly OddParents crossover, Jimmy Timmy Power Hour. As referenced by Jimmy and Timmy's knowledge of each other. As well as Jimmy's knowledge of Cosmo and Wanda. Also, Jimmy refers to Fairy World magic as "the power source from the game." Cindy also met Timmy in that episode, which is referenced at the end of the game.
- It might also take place after Jimmy Timmy Power Hour 2: When Nerds Collide! because in that episode Mr. Crocker and Professor Calamitous had no interaction with each other after Professor Calamitous hit the "Welcome to Dimmsdale" sign when Mr. Crocker was putting up his birthday sign. More evidence is that in that episode Calamitous, fused with Jorgen's body, used Jorgen's wand to make things change in Retroville. However, in this game, Wanda says that they can only change things to their universe. It is possible that Calamitous' actions led to adding that rule.
- This takes place after Jimmy Neutron's Professor Calamitous, I Presume, and Danny Phantom's Bitter Reunions. As these were the two episodes that Jimmy met Calamitous and Danny met Vlad.
- This takes place after "Help Wanted" because SpongeBob knows Mr. Krabs.
- This takes place after "Tea at the Treedome" because SpongeBob knows Sandy.
- This takes place after "Scaredy Pants" because SpongeBob knows the Flying Dutchman.
- This also most likely takes place after "Shanghaied" because it seems like the Flying Dutchman knows him more and is also afraid of him and SpongeBob seems familiar with the Dutchman's ship.
- This takes place after the Fairly OddParents' That Old Black Magic because Timmy has been to Fairy World.
- This takes place after Fairly OddParents' Inspection Detection because Timmy knows Jorgen.
- This takes place after the Oh Yeah Cartoons! short/Fairly OddParents' pilot, The Fairly OddParents! because Timmy knows Cosmo and Wanda.
- This takes place before or after Fairly OddParents' Abra-Catastrophe! because the exterior of Crocker's fortress looks similar to his fortress in that episode.
- This takes place after Danny Phantom's One of a Kind because that is the episode where Danny met the Box Ghost and Skulker. (Skulker appeared in the episode below.)
- This takes place after Danny Phantom's Prisoners of Love because that is the episode where Danny met Walker. He has also been to the Ghost Zone Prison before in that episode.
- Because of that episode, this game is also after the episode Mystery Meat because that is the episode Danny met The Lunch Lady Ghost and she was in Prisoners of Love. Same with the episodes What you Want, Attack of the Killer Garage Sale, and Parental Bonding with the characters Desiree, Technus, and Princess Dorathea.
- This takes place after "Frankendoodle" because that is the episode where SpongeBob met DoodleBob, which is used as an attack in the game.
- Because of this, the game also takes place after "Bubblestand."
- This takes place before both Fairly Odd Baby and Fairly OddPet because both Poof and Sparky are not around with Timmy.
- This game takes place after "Plankton!" because SpongeBob knows Karen.
- This game takes place after The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water because SpongeBob is not surprised when he sees humans and Plankton doesn't know what Teamwork is in that movie and in this game he works with a team.
- This game takes place after the Danny Phantom episode, "Memory Blank" because Danny has his logo on his chest which he did not obtain until that episode.
Based off this game
- On the FOP version, where Timmy's clothing is more red than pink.
- When the gruff voice says, "Report your progress to me at once, faithful robotic impostor minion!," the game misspells "impostor" as "imposter."
This game makes many references to the show, to the point where it's extremely likely the developers watched several episodes for inspiration when both writing the script and designing the game play.