"I have my sources, oh wait, no I don't"
This article is in need of episode references to confirm its validity. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by adding sources.
But I can certainly learn!
This article is in need of one or more references. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia to add more references.
Nickelodeon, often shortened to Nick and previously known as QUBE's C-3 channel from 1977 until 1979, is an American children's cable television channel. The company's headquarters is located in New York City, New York and its animation studio is located in Burbank, California.
In this channel, the series SpongeBob SquarePants is transmitted in the countries.
- 1 Sister channels
- 2 Programming blocks
- 3 Other projects
- 4 Logos from theatrical SpongeBob movies
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Video
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 2005-2009 and Nicktoons TV from 2002-2003 is a channel that airs reruns of Nick's older animated lineup. SpongeBob SquarePants reruns are seen on here, despite the number of times it appears on the main channel. It mostly airs non-HD episodes and sometimes it has newer episodes along with the older ones. Nicktoons, known as Nicktoons Network from
TeenNick, named after the 2001 block is a channel that airs reruns of Nick's older live-action comedy lineup. It is a merge of two teen originated blocks TEENick on Nickelodeon and The N on Noggin. A throwback programming block, named NickRewind, airs on this channel from 10:00p to 6:00a due to its content appealing towards teens and young adults. Sometimes, TeenNick would air reruns of SpongeBob SquarePants and other currently airing Nick shows like The Loud House.
Nick Jr., known as Noggin from 1999-2009, is a channel that airs reruns of Nick's older children's programming lineup. There are no commercials, except for promotions of which shows come up next. The mascots of Noggin were Moose and Zee, a talking moose with his non-talking bird friend. They were featured from 2003-2012, even after the rebranding. The mascots were suddenly dropped from the main channel in 2012, but they found new life on the Noggin/Nick Jr. app, which was released to the App Store and Google Play in 2015.
Nick Music, known as MTV Hits from 2002-2016, is a channel that airs reruns of older music videos that are appropriate for kids. Despite the name change, ViacomCBS continues to air older music videos that appeal to everyone on its main channel, MTV.
Despite this channel available on many cable providers, ViacomCBS continues to host a short children's programming block on Nickelodeon since 1988.
Nick Jr., known as Nick Play Date from 2009-2012, Nick: The Smart Place to Play from 2012-2014 and Nick Jr. on Nick from 2014-2019, is a preschool block that airs reruns of Nick's older children's programming lineup.
Nick@Nite is an adult-oriented nighttime block on Nickelodeon that was established in 1985. It airs reruns of classic sitcoms from the 1980s-present as well as the occasional airing of Nickelodeon and Paramount movies. It is often a competitor to Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, another adult-oriented block at night affiliated with a major children's cable network. As of April 2021, SpongeBob SquarePants reruns air on Nick@Nite weekdays a 6:30am and on weekends from 6:00am-7:00am.
TEENick, known as SNICK from 1995-2004, was a programming block on Nickelodeon that airs reruns of Nick's older live-action comedy lineup. It was merged with The N on Noggin both becoming TeenNick.
Nick.com is Nickelodeon's official website. For most of its history, the site featured fan forums, over a thousand online games, episode clips, and original videos. Nick.com was once critically praised, receiving the Better Business Bureau's first-ever Internet privacy seal of approval in 1999, and winning a Webby Award in 2003.
As of December 2018, Nick.com no longer makes SpongeBob online games anymore and removed the games off of the website.
- SpongeBob Comics. A series of magazines published by Nickelodeon, launched in 1995. They used to release
This is a gallery of motion pictures released under this name since 1995. They took part in the production of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run. As of August 14, 2020, SpongeBob SquarePants, a character from the Nicktoon of the same name, is the studio's mascot, same for Nickelodeon itself and its animation division.
Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards
SpongeBob SquarePants has taken the "Favorite Cartoon" gong a total of 18 times at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards, the most awards held by any franchise. The last 12 awards, since 2009, have been consecutive.
References to logo
- In the episode Lame and Fortune, when Plankton gets squished, his splat form is an apparent nod to the old Nickelodeon splat logo.
- On the Kids' Choice Awards in 2005, there was a SpongeBob short of him getting a KCA blimp from the surface, and SpongeBob questions what said blimp is.
-There was also another SpongeBob short on the 2019 Kids' Choice Awards that involves SpongeBob and Patrick wondering what the KCA blimp is.
Logos from theatrical SpongeBob movies
This is a gallery of general Nick logos.
- Nick Jr. and NickMusic are currently the only active Nickelodeon sister channels on which a full SpongeBob SquarePants episode has never aired in the United States.
- July 7, 2007 and January 22, 2021 are the only days in which that no SpongeBob SquarePants-related material aired on the main Nickelodeon channel in a single day.
- SpongeBob did air on Nicktoons on January 22, 2021, however.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|