- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- The landlord
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Howard (debut)
- Daydream Howard
- Daydream Dave
- Daydream Evelyn
- Daydream audience
- King Neptune (mentioned)
SynopsisFor weeks, Squidward has been working on his music and finished putting down the notes to perform with his clarinet. Before he can start, a sound from his neighbors leads him to dropping his entire work onto the flame of a candle that burned on both sides. Therefore, his work was destroyed. Going outside to investigate the sounds, he finds Patrick hammering a sign on his front lawn. When SpongeBob suggests Patrick to hammer it one more time, the hammer pushes it all to way into the gravel, only to destroy the sign.
Squidward goes to his neighbors, complaining, asking what the noise is about. SpongeBob replies by saying that Patrick is renting out some property. A delighted Squidward thinks Patrick is moving out, only to find that he is actually renting out his yard for extra cash. SpongeBob asks Squidward to be on the lookout for takers who might want to stay on the yard while the duo goes jellyfishing.
For a while, the cultural neighbor enjoys peace from his neighbors, only to be interrupted by a resident named Howard. Lying to Howard about the rent sign being outdated, Howard plans to leave until Squidward says he is just kidding after Howard says he would have wanted to do many things that Squidward also enjoys. Howard invites Squidward for some tea and wants to discuss each other and the other neighbors.
SpongeBob and Patrick return, finding Howard's mobile home, and Patrick is excited about meeting the new neighbor who hates what Patrick and SpongeBob do. Knowing that the two would convince Howard to leave, Squidward makes plans to hide the peaceful neighbor from SpongeBob and Patrick. Thinking that the new neighbor is shy, they wanted to come back later which was really soon.
When they are back, Howard and Squidward are performing with their instruments on some music. Hearing SpongeBob's laugh, Squidward tries to hide it as his clarinet being broken. Instead of fixing it, he makes a wooden fence, followed by a stone wall then Squidward puts zippers to "shut" their mouths and then bulldozing SpongeBob's and Patrick's houses off a cliff, making the two follow it. Howard sees enough hiding and wanted to see the secrets behind the laughing and then finds the jellyfishers who are also playing with bubbles. Before stopping them, he gets used to the jellyfish and bubbles and become one of the annoying neighbors.
Much to his dismay, Squidward gets mad and can't tolerate three, so he brings Howard's mobile home out of place and pushes it off a cliff. Squidward becomes disappointed for almost having a decent neighbor, so SpongeBob and Patrick try to cheer him up by having him pop a bubble. He goes along with it, but the bubble keeps floating away, Squidward goes after it, and jumps off the cliff and gets a hard landing, leaving him exclaiming "Jellyfishing bubble blowers!" at SpongeBob and Patrick.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unknown Track 1 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [burning the candle at both ends]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford [sheet music burned]
‣ Steel Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Now I'm flummoxed."]
‣ Coconut Cream Pie - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Hit it one more time, Patrick. Don't want anyone stealing it."]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Stephen Walter ["Oh! Ooh! Can you smell yourself think?"]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (c) - Dick Stephen Walter ["Oh, I would love to."]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (d) - Dick Stephen Walter [Squidward checks his planner]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward's to-do list]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [Squidward drinking tea/"Now what are those two boobs up to?"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [Howard introduced]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["I noticed this "For Rent" sign. Is this yard still for rent?"]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [Howard lists his passions]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["I can hardly believe what I'm hearing!"]
‣ Hollywood Glitz [#10] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Squidward's daydream]
‣ Steel Sting (t) - Jeremy Wakefield [Howard about to leave]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney [Howard slams the brakes]
‣ Unknown Track 33 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Wait! Don't go!"]
‣ Flower Display - Jack Shaindlin [inside Howard's trailer]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - SpongeBob and Patrick return from jellyfishing
‣ Bumbling B - Bernd Gesell [Squidward nervous]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["Did you see the way those curtains jerked shut?"]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Clarinet and bassoon duet]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward builds a fence around Howard's trailer]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Clarinet and basson duet]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward builds a wall of cinder block around Howard's trailer/Squidward paints zippers on SpongeBob and Patrick's mouths/Squidward pushes SpongeBob and Patrick's house's off a cliff]
‣ Steel Licks (g) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick blowing bubbles]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["Repulsive! Somebody's got to stop these bubble blowing jellyfishers!"]
‣ Slide Whistle Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Howard joins SpongeBob and Patrick]
‣ Coconut Cream Pie - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the Complete Seventh Season DVD.
- As of August 8, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 6.5/10 based on 84 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 6.9/10 based on 8 votes.
- Although this episode premiered in 2011, it was made in 2010 according to the credits.
- This episode was originally going to be paired with "Perfect Chemistry," but it aired with "Big Sister Sam," then it got paired with "Love That Squid."
- This episode's title card is similar to that of "Porous Pockets," the only difference being that the scales on the card are colored differently and the scales point at a different direction.
- Howard's bassoon is much smaller compared to a bassoon in real life.
- During one part of this episode, there is a clarinet and bassoon being played. Ironically, Howard was playing the bassoon and Squidward was playing the clarinet.
- This was the first episode to premiere in 2011.
- This is the fourth episode where one or more characters are submerged down a cliff. The first four are "Rock Bottom," "20,000 Patties Under the Sea," and "Patrick SmartPants."
- This episode premiered on Andrea Martin's 64th birthday, nine years after SuperSponge was released in Australia, and four years after "The Thing" and "Hocus Pocus" premiered.
- Starting with this episode, every episode usage of the production music track "Seaweed" is in lower pitch.
- The episode was originally titled on Nick.com as "A New Fish in a Big Town."
- SpongeBob has a jellyfish net in his hand, but in the next scene, it disappears.
- Squidward builds a brick wall around Howard's trailer, but the window behind the couch shows the sky, not the bricks.
- When Squidward goes back inside Howard's trailer for the last time and says "I'm back," the brick wall from before is not there anymore.
- When Squidward chases the bubble, it sinks down the cliff, but bubbles only float up or float in place, not sink.
- Characters jumping off a cliff and clapping as they fall.
- Squidward building stuff around Howard's trailer.