- Gary the Snail
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Abigail (light blue fish)
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Norma's daughter
- Martha Smith
- Frankie Billy
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Vera Fishbowl
- Harold SquarePants
- Margaret SquarePants
- Jimmy Gus
- Patrick Star (cameo)
- Billy (lime fish)
- Nathiel Waters
- Mr. Walker
- Shelley (cameo)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
SpongeBob is getting ready for bed. However, he is so excited about going to work the next day that he cannot fall asleep. After speedily running around, it does not tire him, he drinks a glass of warm snail milk, which causes him to fall asleep within moments.
The next morning, SpongeBob wakes up and finds out he overslept. He desperately rushes to get to the Krusty Krab, even jumping over an unfinished bridge that was over a cliff to get there on time. Right when he puts his employee time card in the slot, the clock changes to 9:01 AM, making him 1 minute late. Worried that Mr. Krabs will punish him for being one minute late, SpongeBob begins working in overdrive to try and make up for his lost minute. Soon, Mr. Krabs notices his jumpiness and checks on him, but SpongeBob breaks down, telling Mr. Krabs that he was tardy and begging Mr. Krabs not to throw him out. Mr. Krabs does not scold him that much (even saying "Um... don't do it again."), but at SpongeBob's request, Mr. Krabs punishes him for his "wrongdoings" by making him clean the salad bar. Squidward sarcastically suggests to SpongeBob that he should live at the Krusty Krab if he loves it so much. That night, SpongeBob brings his bed to the Krusty Krab and sleeps there.
The next morning, Mr. Krabs is shockingly startled by SpongeBob's bed. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that he is going to live at the Krusty Krab from then on. When Squidward finds out, he is overjoyed. That night, SpongeBob brings all of his furniture to the Krusty Krab to make himself feel more at home.
The next morning, Squidward is thrilled that SpongeBob no longer lives next door to him. He happily tells the news to a customer. Later, when the customer asks Squidward for change, he gives him two socks and a pair of underwear. Squidward then notices the whole cash register is filled with socks and underwear. He asks SpongeBob why they are in there and where the money is. SpongeBob then says that the money is now being kept in a pickle jar. More socks and underwear are hanging up on a clothesline. A customer then takes a pair of underwear, thinking it is a napkin. SpongeBob then explains to Squidward that Gary has the mustard.
Later, SpongeBob moves his furniture into Mr. Krabs' office. Then SpongeBob's parents come to the Krusty Krab. Gary's trail of slime gets all over the floor and customers keep slipping on it and injuring themselves. Luckily, Gary is carrying a "wet floor" sign. A customer then tells SpongeBob about the "snail trail" incident and SpongeBob becomes mad at Gary.
Soon after, SpongeBob wreaks havoc at the Krusty Krab after living there a few more days. He ends up placing soap decorations in the bathroom, knitting napkin holders, and embroidering the menus. Mr. Krabs becomes angry when he notices shower curtains in his office. He threatens to tear them down, but when he does, he finds Margaret SquarePants taking a shower. Harold SquarePants comes in and angrily beats up Mr. Krabs before fleeing. The customers leave the Krusty Krab in disgust when they find out SpongeBob is shaving Patrick's back hair. Having enough of SpongeBob's antics, a furious Mr. Krabs forces SpongeBob to move out of the Krusty Krab.
In the end, SpongeBob moves back to his house and plays his very loud drums, much to Squidward's dismay, who cries in agony. The next day, Mr. Krabs discovers that Squidward has moved into the Krusty Krab, much to his chagrin.
Originally, there was going to be a scene where Gary either was shown being milked or the aftermath of being milked for the snail milk featured in this episode. This was most likely removed as it would have been disturbing and Gary is a male snail, so it would not make sense.
Both the scene where Mr. Krabs pulls the shower curtains and the scene where SpongeBob shaves Patrick's back were based off real stories from the crew.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Laundry Song - Nate Cash, Nicolas Carr, Tom Kenny [Title card]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob going to bed]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob running around]
‣ ? - warm snail milk
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob falls asleep]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob running to work]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis ["NO!!!"; SpongeBob is nervous that Mr. Krabs will catch him.]
‣ Dingles Regatta - Brian Peters [food delivered to table four/"I'm on it! Nothing a dedicated on-time employee can't handle."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob apologizes Krabs for being late/"I love it here, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob grins]
‣ Hawaiian Happiness - Jon Jelmer [SpongeBob in a cardboard box]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [Krabs opens the Krusty Krab]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob wakes up]
‣ ? ["SpongeBob reporting for duty, sir."]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob says he'll be living at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Unknown Track 45 - Nicolas Carr ["Rent?"]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Well, let's get ready for the customers."]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players ["Eww, I guess I could use some freshening up."]
‣ Nautical Hijinx - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob bathing in the dishwasher]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob living at the Krusty Krab?"]
‣ Island of Romance - Bruce Campbell [Squidward is overjoyed]
‣ Spanish Ladies (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock [closing time]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [the next day]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's underwear in the cash register]
‣ Drunken Sailor (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock [SpongeBob explains]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Ew!"]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob doing laundry]
• Laundry Song - Nate Cash, Nicolas Carr, Tom Kenny [SpongeBob sings]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters ["SpongeBob, you can't hang your delicates in me customers' faces."]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob moved into Krabs' office]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's parents arrive]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["That boy's taking the manliness out of me restaurant."]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [floral print curtains]
‣ Comic Tension (a) - Dick Stephen Walter ["That's the last straw!"]
‣ The Plot Thickens - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob's mom taking a shower]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer ["Thanks, SpongeBob!"]
‣ Shock Horror (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [Krabs screams after the customers leave]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs cries]
‣ Me for You - George Callert [Squidward sunbathing]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob moves back to the pineapple]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob playing drums]
‣ When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players [ending]
- This episode is available on the Bikini Bottom Adventures, Season 5 Volume 1, Complete Fifth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- Although this episode premiered in 2007, it was made in 2006 according to the credits.
- This episode aired in Germany on Thursday, May 31, 2007, before it aired in the United States.
- This episode was available on the Bikini Bottom Adventures DVD, released earlier in 2007, before it aired on American television.
- In the 2012 R-rated drama mystery film, Flight, a brief clip of the episode, where SpongeBob drinks snail milk, is seen on television when the main character is changing the channel at a hotel room.
- When SpongeBob reveals he put the money from the cash register in the pickle jar, Mr. Krabs laughs it off and tells Squidward it is "harmless tomfoolery." In other episodes, he freaks out when something happens to his money.
- When SpongeBob sings "Laundry Song," the music is the same one used for the title card.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob has sleeping problems. The first is "Night Light."
- This episode takes place after "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler" because in that episode SpongeBob had a 100% on-time percentage and in this episode, he ruins that percentage.
- This episode premiered one year after Who's Hungry? was released.
- In the Welsh dub, the episode is called "Does Unman Fel Cartref," which translates to "There's Nowhere Like Home."
- In this episode, SpongeBob has to be at work by 9:00 AM. This is a reference to the start time of most jobs, including that of the SpongeBob crew.
- When SpongeBob wears his sleepy time blinders and goes to bed, his blinders are missing when he is in the bed.
- The next morning in SpongeBob's house, he woke up missing his left shoe on his foot. Then when he ran to the Krusty Krab, and right to the kitchen he has his left shoe and sock on.
- Also, while SpongeBob was hastily running to the Krusty Krab, his teeth are missing in one frame.
- The closed-captions say, "man on speaker" when Squidward talks on the speaker.
- In the scene where SpongeBob begs Mr. Krabs to give him back his job, when he was one minute late at the Krusty Krab, the order window in the background in the cooking area is missing. However, it is visible in later cooking area scenes throughout the episode.
- When SpongeBob was telling Mr. Krabs that he was late, it was still morning. Less than ten seconds later, when Mr. Krabs left, it was already night.
- When Mr. Krabs first leaves the Krusty Krab, he walks directly straight. However, the Chum Bucket is not there across the street. This error also happens when SpongeBob was running late for work and runs directly straight to the Krusty Krab.
- After Squidward says, "If you love it so much, why don't you just live here?," SpongeBob grins and in that shot the black ring part of his Krusty Krab employee hat turns blue.
- When Squidward attempts to put the dishes in the dishwasher, he puts the dishes on the conveyor belt. After SpongeBob reveals himself in the dishwater, the dishes disappear.
- Before Squidward tells SpongeBob "goodnight," the wall between SpongeBob's nightcap and his headboard is brown. When the shot switches to a close-up of this, the wall has the correct coloration.
- When Squidward was saying goodnight to SpongeBob at the Krusty Krab, it was morning. However, a few scenes later when Mr. Krabs and Squidward were walking home, it is night time.
- When Frankie Billy asks for change, his food and tray disappear in the next shot of him.
- In the following shot, there is nothing in Frankie Billy's right hand. Then when he shows Squidward SpongeBob's clothes, SpongeBob's tighty whities appear out of nowhere.
- When SpongeBob sings the Laundry Song, he attaches his underwear to a clothes line. The line continually changes from one rope without returning, to a full rope returning to the kitchen.
- When Mr. Krabs asks Squidward about who put the fancy-smelling soaps in the restroom, the pupil of Squidward’s right eye appears to be thinner. After one scene, the pupil of his right eye is normal.
- When Mr. Krabs runs out of his office after seeing Harold SquarePants in anger, one can see that part of the light blue cloth on the left side of his shirt is torn. After a couple of scenes, however, when Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to move out of the Krusty Krab, the said cloth is back in one piece.