- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Jelly Bob (debut)
- Sea urchins (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Fire fish (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sandy Cheeks
- Gary the Snail
After SpongeBob daydreams about becoming a jellyfish and living in the wilderness, he accidentally starts a fire and Mr. Krabs asks him why he is not concentrating. SpongeBob explains that he wishes to live in Jellyfish Fields with the jellyfish. Mr. Krabs laughs heartily and then explains to SpongeBob that he would not last even one day in the wild. SpongeBob thinks he can do it on his own and angrily quits his job as a fry cook. However, Mr. Krabs is certain that he will return.
SpongeBob goes home and starts giving away all his material possessions to his friends. He even gives a tearful Patrick his prized jellyfish net, Ol' Reliable. Sandy comes over and asks SpongeBob if he's having a yard sale. SpongeBob denies it and says that he is giving up all his possessions to go live with the jellyfish. Sandy is shocked to hear about this and tells SpongeBob that they are cold, mean and not to bright. SpongeBob then denies her response and tells everyone that one day they will end up like him. After saying goodbye to all his friends, SpongeBob removes his clothes and runs away while acting like a jellyfish, leaving Sandy and Squidward somewhat confused as to why he took off his pants. They leave after betting on his time while Patrick is devastated at the loss of his best friend.
Once he arrives at Jellyfish Fields, SpongeBob is glad to be "home" and he tries to fit in with the other jellyfish, but cannot get the hang of it. Meanwhile, Patrick and Sandy have a picnic to try to trick SpongeBob into coming back but he resists. Patrick desperately tries to get SpongeBob to return home, but SpongeBob still refuses since he is happy out in the wild. He leaves while Sandy tries to drag the hysterical Patrick away.
A crazed and heartbroken Patrick soon returns with Ol' Reliable, intent on making SpongeBob his trophy. Patrick show SpongeBob the jar that he will put him in once he catches him. SpongeBob frantically tries to dissuade Patrick as his former friend chases him through Jellyfish Fields.
SpongeBob eventually jumps into a jellyfish hive out of Patrick's reach, forcing him to concede defeat. Relieved, SpongeBob takes to eating the jelly inside the hive. Upon the return of the jellyfish, he greets them in a friendly matter but is then repeatedly stung and chased into a cold wet cave by them. Disheartened but not giving up yet, SpongeBob tries to sleep in the cave using a fern as blanket, but the fern doesn’t keep him warm enough and he ultimately feels very itchy. He then removes the fern and finds poison sea urchins on him, forcing him to run out of the cave scratching himself very fast.
Finally deciding that the wild is not as good as he thought, SpongeBob returns to Bikini Bottom sadly. Upon his return to the pineapple, he realizes his great mistake he had a wonderful life with many good friends and gave it all up for nothing.
As he opens the door, he is greeted with a wonderful "Welcome Home" party by his friends. All is forgiven, SpongeBob puts his clothes back on and Mr. Krabs gives him his Krusty Krab employee hat back. Everyone then piles in Squidward for a group hug. However, the poison sea urchin bacteria spreads and everyone except SpongeBob becomes itchy. SpongeBob says "It's great to be home!", ending the episode.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Migldi Magldi - Jennifer Jones [Title card]
‣ Where Dreams Come True (a) - Ron Goodwin [Opening]
‣ On Fire - Gregor F. Narholz [grill on fire]
‣ Variety Link (d) - Dick Stephen Walter ["Hooray!"]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [SpongeBob is in Mr. Krabs' office.]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie [Mr. Krabs laughs.]
‣ Salute to Caesar 2 [#20.02] - Gregor F. Narholz [Golden scepter]
‣ Hawaiian Holiday - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob quits his job.]
‣ Queen's Aloha Oe C - Kapono Beamer, Queen Lili'uokalani [SpongeBob gives away all of his stuff.]
• Magic Sting - Nicolas Carr [Choir overlays "Queen's Aloha Oe C" as SpongeBob shows Patrick Ol' Reliable.]
‣ Wondrous Pastures - John Fox [SpongeBob is in Jellyfish Fields.]
‣ Hilo March - The Hawaiian Serenaders [SpongeBob follows the jellyfish.]
‣ Sad Parting (a) - Paddy Kingsland [Patrick reads the script.]
‣ Jungle Baby - Hans Ehrlinger [Squidward throws a party.]
‣ Sad Parting (a) - Paddy Kingsland ["I'm happy here. This is my home now."]
• Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob imitates the jellyfish.]
‣ Lovely Scenery C - Mladen Franko [Patrick using Ol' Reliable to catch SpongeBob.]
‣ Musical Box (a) - Dave Hewson ["I'm gonna make you a trophy!"]
‣ Flight in Panic 1 - Gregor F. Narholz [Patrick chases SpongeBob/"I got you now, SpongeBob!"]
‣ The Gypsy Violinist - Dick Stephen Walter [Patrick gives up.]
‣ Stack of Leis - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob is in the jellyfish cave.]
‣ Killer Birds - Gregor F. Narholz [Poison sea urchins crawl on SpongeBob.]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob itches.]
‣ Botany Bay (b) - Robert Alexander White [SpongeBob goes back home.]
‣ Nostalgic Hawaii - George de Fretes, Jan Rap [Ending]
- This episode is available on the Complete 1st Season, SpongeBob Goes Prehistoric, Hall Monitor, The Ultimate Box Set, Exposed!: The Ultimate Box Set, SpongeBob's Legendary Adventures, Favorite Episodes, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, First 100 Episodes, SpongeBob SquarePants, iSponge Offer Pack, The Complete First Season, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 1, On the Road, From the Beginning, Pt.1, Celebrate the Sea, Triple Pack 4, Big Hits: Volume 2, Favorite Episodes, The First & Second Seasons, Movies & TV Collection, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs along with Nicktoons Collection Volume 2 on GBA Video and on VideoNow.
- This episode is also available on the SpongeBob Goes Prehistoric (VHS) tape.
- "Nature Pants" was ranked #43 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- There's a book based on this episode named SpongeBob NaturePants.
- As of February 2018, the face Patrick makes during his chase with SpongeBob has become a popular internet meme known as "Savage Patrick."
- In late March 2018, the scene where SpongeBob takes a deep breath during the chase of Patrick also became a meme.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Ol' Reliable.
- This is the first episode where the 11-minute runtime of an average episode is referenced. After SpongeBob leaves, Sandy says she will give him a week to come back, but Squidward says he will give him 11 minutes.
- This is the first episode to play "Variety Link (d)" and the last one it plays in until more than 100 episodes later in "Komputer Overload."
- This is the first episode where SpongeBob shrinks.
- This is the first episode to play "Queen's Aloha Oe C."
- In the Polish dub, the episode's title is "Naturalista," which translates to "Naturalist."
- In the Croatian dub, the episode title is "Povratak Prirodi," which translates to "Back to the Nature." This is a reference to the 1985 science fiction film Back to the Future.
- During the initial kitchen scene in the Krusty Krab, the grill is shown facing the opposite side of the window. This also occurs in "Your Shoe's Untied".
- In the first shot of Mr. Krabs, he says, "Wake up, boy! You're burning me money!" However, his mouth syncs only with, "You're burning me money!"
- When the fire extinguisher hits the grill, the patties are shifted significantly to the left, with one floating in mid-air in front of the cabinet. This is corrected in the next scene, right before the grill bursts into flames.
- The side view of the Krusty Krab when SpongeBob walks to it is wrong; it is a long-length version of the restaurant with the logo at the end of it, and the restaurant should have been shorter.
- When SpongeBob stands in front of the Krusty Krab door, a part of his pants can be seen, even though he is still naked in the next shot.
- When SpongeBob goes to his house, he appears in the back of it instead of the front door.
- Sandy should not have felt the poison sea urchins because she is wearing her underwater suit.
- Sandy's head is smaller than it usually is.
- In the Latin American version of this episode, Patrick still calls Sandy by her American name, despite the fact that Sandy is called "Arenita" in the Latin American version.
- When SpongeBob's friends celebrate that SpongeBob came home, Patrick's mouth is missing.
- After SpongeBob's Krusty Krab employee hat falls off of his head when he is hugging Squidward, the hat cannot be seen laying on the ground of SpongeBob's pineapple in the next scene.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|