- French narrator
- Andy Yellowtail (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Realistic Fish Head
- Incidental 49 (cameo)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Seahorse (cameo on jar of seahorse radish)
- Fake health inspector (debut)
- Officer Slugfish
- Officer Nancy O'Malley
On a dark and stormy night at Bikini Atoll, the French Narrator is reminded of the time when Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob thought they murdered a health inspector and decides to tell the story.
One bright sunny morning at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is cooking and Mr. Krabs is having a "money bath" as the health inspector arrives for a surprise inspection. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to get him one of everything on the menu, which he does. After a few dishes, he orders one ordinary Krabby Patty before he can pass judgment.
Meanwhile, a television report reveals that a man is passing himself off as a health inspector conning restaurants in order to get free food. Outraged at the thought of giving away free food, Mr. Krabs believes that the health inspector that is on their premises is the impostor. He and SpongeBob concoct the "Nasty Patty" using Volcano Sauce, seahorse radish, and toenail clippings. For good measure, SpongeBob drops it in the toilet and Mr. Krabs' dries it with his gym socks.
Just before the health inspector eats it, a fly goes into his mouth, chokes him, knocks him out, and then flies out of his mouth. As SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs enjoy watching him suffer from the kitchen thinking he already ate it, another TV report comes on that reveals that the impostor has been arrested. His picture is shown and it's a different fish from the one at the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs believe that their patty killed the real health inspector and begin to panic. Mr. Krabs ultimately decides to take the body out and bury it so that nobody would discover what they did.
SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs take the health inspector out to the graveyard and quickly bury him. The police then show up, offering to take them back to the Krusty Krab. Then it starts to rain, causing the graveyard's mud to erode and the health inspector to slide back down the hill. SpongeBob nervously puts it in the trunk of the police car. As SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs drive back to the Krusty Krab they discuss what they are going to do with the body, which makes the cops suspicious.
Back at the restaurant, SpongeBob tries to take the body out back and hide it in the freezer. However, the back door is locked, leaving SpongeBob to carry on his most difficult task: he marches through the front door with the body stuffed inside his hat, making him lose his balance as he struggles to walk over to the kitchen door. The officers ask Krabs about SpongeBob's strange behavior, only for him to attempt to stall them and bribe them with money. The officers are then called through their walkie-talkies and receive a sudden report about SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs burying a body on the hill on Shallow Grave Road.
As they are about to leave, one of the cops asks for a soda and Krabs quickly hands it over. But then the cop wants ice as well and Mr. Krabs grows really nervous, prompting the police officer to go inside the freezer and get the ice herself. Mr. Krabs freaks out, barricades the door, and makes excuses about not having any ice. The officer simply shoves him aside and she about to get the ice herself, when Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob confess that they have committed a murder and say the body has been hidden in the freezer.
The cops open the freezer and there is nothing there. They think it is a joke and prepare to leave. One of the officers jokingly suggests that the health inspector became a zombie and walked out. Suddenly the health inspector appears, seemingly having turned into a zombie. The police begin savagely beating him, believing him to truly be a monster. After they figure out that he is alive, the health inspector informs Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob that they have passed the test. They all go to have Krabby Patties to celebrate and the inspector is hit by the door. The narrator ends the episode by deeming the characters to be idiots.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Hercule Poirot - Gerhard Trede [Title card]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [dark and stormy night]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [bright and sunny morning]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney ["The health inspector!"]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White ["Wash your hands! Clean the floors! Change your underwear!"]
‣ Glissando (g) - Skaila Kanga, Richard Myhill ["The Krusty Krab is the most perfect place in the universe."]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [inspector asks for one of everything]
• Idea Sting - Nicolas Carr ["The future of the Krusty Krab is at stake."]
‣ Cha Cha Nova - Gerhard Narholz [smorgasbord]
• Question Sting - Nicolas Carr [inspector asks for a plain Krabby Patty]
‣ Can Can - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob and Krabs dancing]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news on TV]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["Free... food?!"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [they think the inspector is a fake]
‣ When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players [putting disgusting things on the Krabby Patty]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Hey, hurry up with that patty!"]
• Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [fly]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [inspector choking]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news again]
‣ Dramatic Impact 1 - Ivor Slaney ["Because that patty killed him!"/Krabs and SpongeBob scream again]
‣ Dramatic Climax - Mike Sunderland [" Mr. Krabs, what are we gonna do?"]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [burying the inspector]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill [rock hits inspector]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["His head's sticking out!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["What a brave man, going in the line of duty like that!"]
‣ Death in the City - Jack Beaver ["Stop right where you are!"]
‣ Hercule Poirot - Gerhard Trede [cops take SpongeBob and Krabs back to the Krusty Krab]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield [they laugh nervously]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob taking the inspector to the back door]
• Unknown Vibe Links - Nicolas Carr [back door locked]
• SpongeBob Closing Theme - Steve Belfer, Nicolas Carr ["I thought you were taking care of that shovel!"]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland ["Ice? Ice? You want ice, is that what you want?"]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs confess]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece A - Gregor F. Narholz ["It's the zombie!"]
• Steel Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Take that, you zombie!"]
• Heat - The Blue Hawaiians [they passed the inspection]
- This episode is available on the SpongeGuard on Duty, Complete 3rd Season, From the Beginning, Pt.1, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 4, 2-Season TV Pack, First 100 Episodes, Beach Bob, Complete Third Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, The Third & Fourth Seasons, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs and on a VideoNow disc.
- This episode is available on the UK version of SpongeGuard on Duty.
- "Nasty Patty" was ranked #76 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- In this episode, the Krusty Krab has a green neon sign in the rain as opposed to its normal red color, and it is on the right side of the Krusty Krab when regularly, it is on the left.
- This is actually the second time the Krusty Krab is shown with a neon sign, the first being in "Graveyard Shift" with the "Open Forever" sign.
- This is the first episode where the title card has its own shadow.
- The ingredients to the Nasty Patty:
- Irony: Mr. Krabs does not have feet.
- However there are two things he says in this episode that seemingly contradict this obvious fact:
- "I got a jar of toenail clippings in my office!"
- "I'll dry it with me gym socks!"
- However there are two things he says in this episode that seemingly contradict this obvious fact:
- In the video game Lights, Camera, Pants!, there is a level called "Flippin' Out". In it, there are enemies called "Chum Bucket Patties", which resemble the Nasty Patty itself.
- This is the first episode Kaz worked on.
- The health inspector does not do his job accurately; a critic eats the food in a restaurant, while a health inspector checks the conditions of the restaurant to make sure it's healthy and safe.
- In the video game SpongeBob HeroPants, Nasty Patties can be used for throwing at enemies.
- The Nasty Patty can be seen in a cabinet in the PC game Employee of the Month, in the Krusty Krab.
- Mr. Krabs calls SpongeBob a "loony loofah", implying that he resembles a household sponge material rather than a true sea sponge.
- After the health inspector falls, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob should have noticed the Nasty Patty did not have a bite in it, thus proving it was not responsible for his "death."
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs bury the health inspector, SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that he kept his head above ground in case he needed air, but he would not need air if they believe he is dead.
- The menu item, Diet Red Tide, is based on red tide, a large, poisonous concentration of algae which discolors the water, usually into a reddish color.
- In Indonesia, due to ads on the middle of the episode and possibly because of controversial scenes, after SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs scream, it usually skips to the scene where SpongeBob brings the inspector to the back.
- This is the second appearance of Volcano Sauce. The first is "Karate Choppers."
- This is the second episode where a disgusting-looking Krabby Patty is seen up close. The first is "The Algae's Always Greener."
- This is the only episode so far where there is thunder at Bikini Atoll.
- In Israel, the episode was banned from the Hebrew dub due to the fact that it was too scary. However, it is still available in English in the night marathon.
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs laugh and scream about killing the health inspector, the stove is sitting to the right of the order window. Normally, it is centered under the order window.
- After the health inspector drops the Nasty Patty, it looks like a normal Krabby Patty.
- When the camera is in a foreground of Mr. Krabs when he screams Free food?!, his nose is much smaller and shorter, and it also has a triangular shape.
- While SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs, "But you told me to give it to him!" his nose quickly flashes blue.
- When the Health Inspector starts checking the inspection and SpongeBob begins to blink, his eyelashes are visible when they really shouldn't.
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs bury the health inspector, his head is sticking out with the rest of his body in the ground, but when they are talking to the police, he is buried in the traditional way: horizontally.
- Sandy is listed in the credits, but she does not appear in this episode nor its sister episode.
- Officers Slugfish and Nancy are radioed to respond to a crime while at the Krusty Krab, but they never end up responding to it.
- The opening credits say "storyboard director" instead of "storyboard directors."
- A similar error also occurs in "Rise and Shine."
- Mr. Krabs' teeth are the same color as his tongue, and not white, when he says shovel when they are with the police at the Krusty Krab,.
- The health inspector is continually hit on the head by a variety of objects:
- The table (after he slips on the Nasty Patty)
- A large rock (which SpongeBob threw out of the hole he was digging to bury the inspector)
- The trunk (when SpongeBob shut it)
- An anchor (by Officer John after believing the inspector was a zombie)
- A barrel (by Officer Nancy after believing the inspector was a zombie)
- The kitchen door (by itself)
- The Realistic Fish Head starting the news by saying what SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are doing such as doing the can-can and laughing.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|
|Awards and nominations for SpongeBob SquarePants (V • E)
Golden Reel Awards