- French Narrator
- Andy Yellowtail (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Johnny Elaine
- Norma Rechid (cameo)
- Seahorse (cameo on jar of seahorse radish)
- Fake health inspector (debut)
- Officer John Slugfish
- Officer Nancy O'Malley (debut)
- Other officer (heard only)
On a dark and stormy night at Bikini Atoll, the French Narrator is reminded of the story of when Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob thought they killed the health inspector and decides to tell it.One bright sunny morning at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is cooking and Mr. Krabs is having a "money bath" as health inspector arrives for a surprise inspection. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to get him one of everything on the menu, which he does. After a few dishes, he orders one ordinary Krabby Patty before he can pass judgment. Meanwhile, a television report reveals that someone is passing himself off as a health inspector to obtain free food. Outraged at the thought of giving away free food, Mr. Krabs believes that the health inspector that is on their premises is the impostor, and thus he and SpongeBob make a "Nasty Patty", a Krabby Patty that has been made with Volcano Sauce, seahorse radish, toenail clippings, then dropped into the toilet and dried with Mr. Krabs' gym socks. Just before the health inspector eats it, a fly goes into his mouth, chokes him, and knocks him out. As SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs enjoy watching him suffer from the kitchen thinking he already ate it, another TV report comes on that reveals that the impostor has been arrested. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs believe that their patty killed the health inspector and begin to panic. They keep giving each other the blame and ultimately decide to take the body and bury it. SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and the "dead" body of the inspector go up the hill, SpongeBob humorously disgusted with the body, and repeatedly spraying himself and the body with disinfectant and dragging it with a tissue. Mr. Krabs orders SpongeBob to dig a hole to bury the body in, and after hitting a rock, SpongeBob throws it out of the way—and on to the health inspector's head, who was just waking up, knocking him back into unconsciousness. The police then suddenly arrive, offering to take them back to the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob is too shocked for words and becomes extremely nervous. The rain causes the mud on the hill to erode, exposing the body of the health inspector. SpongeBob puts it in the trunk of the car. By this point, SpongeBob has humorously become maniacal with his nervousness and slides in the car without any motion. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs discuss the plan on what to do with the body, and nearly reveals it to the officers, only to be quickly stopped and saved by Mr. Krabs. By this point, the suspicion is raised between the police and SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob is in charge of taking the body and the shovel and stowing it into the freezer. However, the back door is locked, leaving SpongeBob to carry on his most difficult task: he marches through the front door—with the body stuffed hilariously into his hat, making him lose his balance as he struggles to walk over to the door to the kitchen freezer. The officers question Krabs about SpongeBob's strange behavior, only for him to attempt to stall them and bribe them with money. The officers are then called through their walkie-talkies and receive a report about two people burying a body on the hill—obviously SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs with the inspector. But as they are about to leave, the officer wants a soda, which Mr. Krabs quickly hands over. But then the officer wants ice as well, and Mr. Krabs grows really nervous—which only makes the officer nearly march into the freezer. But Mr. Krabs, nervous beyond definition, barricades the door and barrels excuses about the ice. The officer simply shoves him aside and is about to get the ice herself, when they confess their crimes. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs throw blackmails and blames on each other, and when they reveal that the body is supposedly in the freezer, she opens the door, and there is nothing there. She thinks it's a joke and closes the door. She jokingly suggests that he became a zombie and walked out, and the health inspector suddenly appears behind them. The police begin savagely beating him, believing him to truly be a zombie, and after they figure out that he is, in fact, alive, the health inspector shows Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob the review sheet, which reveals that the Krusty Krab passed the test earlier that morning and they all go to have Krabby Patties to celebrate and the kitchen door closes on the health inspector's head. At the end, the Narrator says " Yes they are all idiots, aren't they?"
This section is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by making this section specific and short.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [dark and stormy night]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [bright and sunny morning]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney ["The health inspector!"]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White ["Wash your hands! Clean the floors! Change your underwear!"]
‣ Glissando (g) - Skaila Kanga, Richard Myhill ["The Krusty Krab is the most perfect place in the universe."]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [inspector asks for one of everything]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["The future of the Krusty Krab is at stake."]
‣ Cha Cha Nova - Gerhard Narholz [smorgasbord]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [inspector asks for a plain Krabby Patty]
‣ Can Can - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob and Krabs dancing]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news on TV]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["Free... food?!"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [they think the inspector is a fake]
‣ When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players [putting disgusting things on the Krabby Patty]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Hey, hurry up with that patty!"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [fly]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [inspector choking]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news again]
‣ Dramatic Impact 1 - Ivor Slaney ["Because that patty killed him!"/Krabs and SpongeBob scream again]
‣ Dramatic Climax - Mike Sunderland ["Mr. Krabs, what are we gonna do?"]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [burying the inspector]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill [rock hits inspector]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["His head's sticking out!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["What a brave man, going in the line of duty like that!"]
‣ Death in the City - Jack Beaver ["Stop right where you are!"]
‣ Hercule Poirot - Gerhard Trede [cops take SpongeBob and Krabs back to the Krusty Krab]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [they laugh nervously]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob taking the inspector to the back door]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr [back door locked]
‣ SpongeBob Closing Theme - Steve Belfer, Nicolas Carr ["I thought you were taking care of that shovel!"]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland ["Ice? Ice? You want ice, is that what you want?"]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs confess]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece A - Gregor F. Narholz ["It's the zombie!"]
‣ Steel Licks (g) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Take that, you zombie!"]
‣ Heat - The Blue Hawaiians [they passed the inspection]
- This episode is available on the SpongeGuard on Duty, Complete 3rd Season, First 100 Episodes, and Complete Third Season DVDs.
- As of January 31, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.4/10 based on 648 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 9.2/10 based on 182 votes.
- "Nasty Patty" was ranked #76 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- Although this episode premiered in 2002, it was produced in 2001 according to the credits.
- This episode premiered in Canada on June 28, 2002.
- In this episode, the Krusty Krab has a green neon sign in the rain as opposed to its normal red color, and it is on the right side of the Krusty Krab, when regularly, it is on the left.
- This is actually the second time the Krusty Krab is shown with a neon sign, the first being in "Graveyard Shift" with the "Open Forever" sign.
- This is the first episode where the title card has its own shadow.
- The ingredients to the Nasty Patty:
- Original Krabby Patty ingredients
- Mr. Krabs: Volcano Sauce
- SpongeBob: Seahorse radish
- Mr. Krabs: His toenail clippings at his office
- SpongeBob: Drops into toilet water
- Mr. Krabs: Dried it with his gym socks
- Other revolting stuff
- In the video game Lights, Camera, Pants!, there is a level called "Flippin' Out." In it, there are enemies called "Chum Bucket Patties," which resemble the Nasty Patty itself.
- The health inspector doesn't do his job accurately; a critic eats the food in a restaurant, while a health inspector checks the conditions of the restaurant to make sure it's healthy and safe.
- In the video game SpongeBob HeroPants, Nasty Patties can be used for throwing at enemies.
- The Nasty Patty can be seen in a cabinet in the PC game Employee of the Month, in the Krusty Krab.
- Mr. Krabs calls SpongeBob a "loony loofah," implying that he resembles a household sponge material rather than a true sea sponge.
- The menu item, Diet Red Tide, is based on red tide, a large concentration of algae which discolors the water, usually into a reddish color.
- In Indonesia, due to ads and possibly because of the most controversial scene, after SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs scream, it usually skips to the scene where SpongeBob brings the inspector to the back.
- This is the second appearance of Volcano Sauce. The first is "Karate Choppers."
- This is the only episode so far where there is thunder at Bikini Atoll.
- In Israel, the episode was banned from the Hebrew dub due to the fact that it was too scary. However, it is still available in English in the night marathon.
- The "Stop right where you are!" quote Officer John says is in reference to the 1954 cartoon classic "Quack Shot."
- This episode is similar in plot to the 1997 horror movie I Know What You Did Last Summer.
- Parts of the episode are similar to scenes from Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 film Psycho and the 1990 Martin Scorsese movie Goodfellas.
- After the health inspector drops the Nasty Patty, it looks like a normal Krabby Patty.
- While SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs, "But you told me to give it to him!", his nose quickly flashes blue.
- When the police stop Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob, their car only has front seats. However, when Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob get in, there are two or three back seats.
- When Mr. Krabs gives the soda to Officer Nancy and says, "Always a pleasure to serve the folks in blue. Well, good bye now!", "to serve the folks in blue" is missing from the captions.
- When Mr. Krabs says "Ice? Is that what you want? Ice is what you want?", the last "what you want" is missing from the captions.
- When Mr. Krabs says "Ahoy there, SpongeBob! I thought you were out back taking care of that shovel!", his teeth are the same color as his tongue when he says "shovel."
- When SpongeBob drags the health inspector to bury him, his hat is missing, but when he slides down the hill, the hat is back on.
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs bury the health inspector, his head is sticking out with the rest of his body in the ground, but when they are talking to the police, he is buried in the traditional way: horizontally.
- When Mr. Krabs talks to SpongeBob after the latter says that the Krusty Krab is the "most perfect place in the universe", Mr. Krabs is not seen wearing any clothes.
- When Mr. Krabs takes a bath in money, soap bubbles are seen rising out, which is not possible, as there is not even water nor soap in the tub he was in or else his money will be soggy and ruined.
- When Mr. Krabs says, "If that impostor wants a Krabby Patty, then by Neptune, we'll give him one", the meat patty is placed on top of the lettuce, but when SpongeBob says "Oops, I dropped it in the toilet!", the lettuce is on top of the meat patty like in most episode scenes.
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs laugh and scream about killing the health inspector, the stove is sitting to the right of the order window. Normally, it is centered under the order window.
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs bury the health inspector, SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that he kept his head above ground in case he needed air, despite the fact that they are underwater.
- At some point during the episode, the captions stop and they come back on when Mr. Krabs says "Okay, I confess!" or when SpongeBob says "The dark deed you requested is done, sir." The caption for the line that the captions return at is a glitch.
- For the whole episode, the fry strainers are missing from the kitchen.
- In earlier episodes, SpongeBob is upset by the sight or thought of defiling a Krabby Patty. This time, he eagerly does just that with help from Mr. Krabs, though the latter threatens to fire him if he didn't help him defile it.
- After the health inspector falls, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob should've noticed the Nasty Patty didn't have a bite in it, thus proving it was not responsible for his "death." They were probably too frightened to notice.
- Unlike other episodes, the entire back of the Krusty Krab is metal in this episode.
- Comcast and Xfinity erroneously lists this episode as "The Nasty Patty."
- When SpongeBob drags the health inspector's body at the back, the Krusty Krab sign is actually on the right instead of on the left.
- Sandy is listed in the credits, but she does not appear, not mentioned or spoken in this episode nor its sister episode.
- The health inspector continually is hit on the head by a variety of objects:
- The table (after he slips on the Nasty Patty)
- A large rock (which SpongeBob threw out of the hole he was digging to bury the inspector)
- The trunk (when SpongeBob shut it)
- An anchor (by the Officer John after believing the inspector was a zombie)
- A barrel (by Officer Nancy after believing the inspector was a zombie)
- The kitchen door
- By itself
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|
|Awards and nominations for SpongeBob SquarePants (V • E)
Golden Reel Awards