- French Narrator
- Andy Yellowtail (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Johnny Elaine
- Norma Rechid (cameo)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Seahorse (cameo on jar of seahorse radish)
- Fake health inspector (debut)
- Officer John Slugfish
- Officer Nancy O'Malley
On a dark and stormy night at Bikini Atoll, the French Narrator is reminded of the time when Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob thought they murdered the health inspector and decides to tell the story.One bright sunny morning at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob is cooking and Mr. Krabs is having a "money bath" as the health inspector arrives for a surprise inspection. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to get him one of everything on the menu, which he does. After a few dishes, he orders one ordinary Krabby Patty before he can pass judgment. Meanwhile, a television report reveals that a man is passing himself off as a health inspector conning restaurants in order to get free food. Outraged at the thought of giving away free food, Mr. Krabs believes that the health inspector that is on their premises is the impostor and thus he and SpongeBob make a "Nasty Patty", a Krabby Patty that has been made with Volcano Sauce, seahorse radish, toenail clippings, then dropped into the toilet and dried with Mr. Krabs' gym socks. Just before the health inspector eats it, a fly goes into his mouth, chokes him, knocks him out and then flies out of his mouth. As SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs enjoy watching him suffer from the kitchen thinking he already ate it, another TV report comes on that reveals that the impostor has been arrested. His picture is shown and it's a different fish from the one at the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs believe that their patty killed the health inspector and begin to panic. Mr. Krabs ultimately decides to take the body out and bury it.
SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs take the health inspector out to the graveyard and quickly bury him. The police then show up, offering to take them back to the Krusty Krab. Then it starts to rain, causing the graveyard's mud to erode and the health inspector to slide back down the hill. SpongeBob nervously puts it in the trunk of the police car. As SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs drive back to the Krusty Krab they discuss what they are going to do with the body, which makes the cops suspicious.
Back at the restaurant, SpongeBob tries to take the body out back and hide it in the freezer. However, the back door is locked, leaving SpongeBob to carry on his most difficult task: he marches through the front door with the body stuffed inside his hat, making him lose his balance as he struggles to walk over to the kitchen door. The officers ask Krabs about SpongeBob's strange behavior, only for him to attempt to stall them and bribe them with money. The officers are then called through their walkie-talkies and receive a report about two people burying a body on the hill on Shallow Grave Road (obviously SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs).
As they are about to leave, one of the cops asks for a soda and Krabs quickly hands it over. But then the cop wants ice as well and Mr. Krabs grows really nervous, prompting the police officer to go inside the freezer and get the ice herself. Mr. Krabs freaks out, barricades the door and makes excuses about not having any ice. The officer simply shoves him aside and she about to get the ice herself, when Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob confess that they have committed a murder and say the body has been hidden in the freezer.
The cops opens the freezer and there is nothing there. They think it's a joke and prepare to leave. One of the officers jokingly suggests that the health inspector became a zombie and walked out. Suddenly the health inspector appears (seemingly having turned into a zombie). The police begin savagely beating him, believing him to truly be a monster. After they figure out that he is alive, the health inspector informs Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob that they have passed the test. They all go to have Krabby Patties to celebrate. The episode ends with the narrator saying "Yes they're all idiots, aren't they?"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [dark and stormy night]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [bright and sunny morning]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney ["The health inspector!"]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White ["Wash your hands! Clean the floors! Change your underwear!"]
‣ Glissando (g) - Skaila Kanga, Richard Myhill ["The Krusty Krab is the most perfect place in the universe."]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [inspector asks for one of everything]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["The future of the Krusty Krab is at stake."]
‣ Cha Cha Nova - Gerhard Narholz [smorgasbord]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [inspector asks for a plain Krabby Patty]
‣ Can Can - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob and Krabs dancing]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news on TV]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["Free... food?!"]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [they think the inspector is a fake]
‣ When Daylight Shines/Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players [putting disgusting things on the Krabby Patty]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Hey, hurry up with that patty!"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [fly]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [inspector choking]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news again]
‣ Dramatic Impact 1 - Ivor Slaney ["Because that patty killed him!"/Krabs and SpongeBob scream again]
‣ Dramatic Climax - Mike Sunderland ["Mr. Krabs, what are we gonna do?"]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [burying the inspector]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill [rock hits inspector]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["His head's sticking out!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill ["What a brave man, going in the line of duty like that!"]
‣ Death in the City - Jack Beaver ["Stop right where you are!"]
‣ Hercule Poirot - Gerhard Trede [cops take SpongeBob and Krabs back to the Krusty Krab]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [they laugh nervously]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob taking the inspector to the back door]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr [back door locked]
‣ SpongeBob Closing Theme - Steve Belfer, Nicolas Carr ["I thought you were taking care of that shovel!"]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland ["Ice? Ice? You want ice, is that what you want?"]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs confess]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece A - Gregor F. Narholz ["It's the zombie!"]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Take that, you zombie!"]
‣ Heat - The Blue Hawaiians [they passed the inspection]
- This episode is available on the SpongeGuard on Duty, Complete 3rd Season, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, The Third & Fourth Seasons, First 100 Episodes, and Complete Third Season DVDs.
- "Nasty Patty" was ranked #76 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- Although this episode premiered in 2002, it was produced in 2001 according to the credits.
- This episode premiered in Canada on June 28, 2002.
- In this episode, the Krusty Krab has a green neon sign in the rain as opposed to its normal red color, and it is on the right side of the Krusty Krab, when regularly, it is on the left.
- This is actually the second time the Krusty Krab is shown with a neon sign, the first being in "Graveyard Shift" with the "Open Forever" sign.
- This is the first episode where the title card has its own shadow.
- The ingredients to the Nasty Patty:
- Original Krabby Patty ingredients
- Mr. Krabs: Volcano Sauce
- SpongeBob: Seahorse radish
- Mr. Krabs: His toenail clippings at his office
- SpongeBob: Drops into toilet water
- Mr. Krabs: Dried it with his gym socks
- Other revolting things
- In the video game Lights, Camera, Pants!, there is a level called "Flippin' Out." In it, there are enemies called "Chum Bucket Patties", which resemble the Nasty Patty itself.
- The health inspector doesn't do his job accurately; a critic eats the food in a restaurant, while a health inspector checks the conditions of the restaurant to make sure it's healthy and safe.
- In the video game SpongeBob HeroPants, Nasty Patties can be used for throwing at enemies.
- The Nasty Patty can be seen in a cabinet in the PC game Employee of the Month, in the Krusty Krab.
- Mr. Krabs calls SpongeBob a "loony loofah", implying that he resembles a household sponge material rather than a true sea sponge.
- The menu item, Diet Red Tide, is based on red tide, a large concentration of algae which discolors the water, usually into a reddish color.
- In Indonesia, due to ads on middle of the episode and possibly because of controversial scene, after SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs scream, it usually skips to the scene where SpongeBob brings the inspector to the back.
- This is the second appearance of Volcano Sauce. The first is "Karate Choppers".
- This is the only episode so far where there is thunder at Bikini Atoll.
- In Israel, the episode was banned from the Hebrew dub due to the fact that it was too scary. However, it is still available in English in the night marathon.
- After the health inspector drops the Nasty Patty, it looks like a normal Krabby Patty.
- While SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs, "But you told me to give it to him!", his nose quickly flashes blue.
- When the police stop Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob, their car only has front seats. However, when Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob get in, there are two or three back seats.
- When Mr. Krabs gives the soda to Officer Nancy and says, "Always a pleasure to serve the folks in blue. Well, good bye now!", "to serve the folks in blue" is missing from the captions.
- When Mr. Krabs says "Ice? Is that what you want? Ice is what you want?", the last "what you want" is missing from the captions.
- When Mr. Krabs says "Ahoy there, SpongeBob! I thought you were out back taking care of that shovel!", his teeth are the same color as his tongue when he says "shovel".
- When SpongeBob drags the health inspector to bury him, his hat is missing, but when he slides down the hill, the hat is back on.
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs bury the health inspector, his head is sticking out with the rest of his body in the ground, but when they are talking to the police, he is buried in the traditional way: horizontally.
- When Mr. Krabs talks to SpongeBob after the latter says that the Krusty Krab is the "most perfect place in the universe", Mr. Krabs is not seen wearing any clothes.
- When Mr. Krabs takes a bath in money, soap bubbles are seen rising out, which is not possible, as there is not even water nor soap in the tub he was in or else his money will be soggy and ruined.
- When Mr. Krabs says, "If that impostor wants a Krabby Patty, then by Neptune, we'll give him one", the meat patty is placed on top of the lettuce, but when SpongeBob says "Oops, I dropped it in the toilet!", the lettuce is on top of the meat patty like in most episode scenes.
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs laugh and scream about killing the health inspector, the stove is sitting to the right of the order window. Normally, it is centered under the order window.
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs bury the health inspector, SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that he kept his head above ground in case he needed air, despite the fact that they are underwater.
- At some point during the episode, the captions stop and they come back on when Mr. Krabs says "Okay, I confess!" or when SpongeBob says "The dark deed you requested is done, sir". The caption for the line that the captions return at is a glitch.
- For the whole episode, the fry strainers are missing from the kitchen.
- In earlier episodes, SpongeBob is upset by the sight or thought of defiling a Krabby Patty. This time, he eagerly does just that with help from Mr. Krabs, though the latter threatens to fire him if he didn't help him defile it.
- After the health inspector falls, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob should've noticed the Nasty Patty didn't have a bite in it, thus proving it wasn't responsible for his "death", They were probably too frightened to notice.
- Unlike other episodes, the entire back of the Krusty Krab is metal in this episode.
- Comcast and Xfinity erroneously lists this episode as "The Nasty Patty".
- When SpongeBob drags the health inspector's body at the back, the Krusty Krab sign is actually on the right instead of on the left. Also the letters in the restaurants’ name are fashioned in green neon lights.
- Sandy is listed in the credits, but she does not appear, not mentioned or spoken in this episode nor its sister episode.
- The health inspector continually is hit on the head by a variety of objects:
- The table (after he slips on the Nasty Patty)
- A large rock (which SpongeBob threw out of the hole he was digging to bury the inspector)
- The trunk (when SpongeBob shut it)
- An anchor (by Officer John after believing the inspector was a zombie)
- A barrel (by Officer Nancy after believing the inspector was a zombie)
- The kitchen door
- By itself
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|
|Awards and nominations for SpongeBob SquarePants (V • E)
Golden Reel Awards