- French narrator
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mystery the Seahorse (debut)
- Incidental 37B (blue)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Ghosts (mentioned)
- Incidental 42
- Old Man Jenkins
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 12
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 63
- Victor Krabs (indirectly mentioned as "father")
- Incidental 7
It is springtime in Bikini Bottom, and the three neighbors are celebrating accordingly. SpongeBob in particular in having a problem in which each flower he plants suddenly gets eaten everytime he looks away, but never when he has his eyes on it. SpongeBob then discovers that the culprit is a green seahorse. The seahorse, is lured toward his floral bookmark, which it eats. They become friends and begin to ride around and do things together. At the end of the day, SpongeBob decides to keep Mystery as his new pet and let him stay at his house.
When SpongeBob arrives at work the next morning, he leaves Mystery outside at the bike post. Scooter and Wobbles approach Mystery and mistake her for a kiddy ride. Wobbles suggest Scooter try it out, and when he inserts a coin into her "slot," Mystery kicks him into the distance and he blows upon impact. Wobbles run away screaming, causing Mr. Krabs to come out and see what the trouble is. He sees Mystery and mistakes her for a monster; SpongeBob tells him she is his pet, but even though she is harmless to SpongeBob and not the others, he is ordered to get rid of her and if he disregards his order, he will be fired for not cooperating with him.
SpongeBob attempts to hide her in a cupboard in the kitchen until Patrick finishes building a stable. SpongeBob offers Mystery a Krabby Patty, which she begins craving after eating. While he initially avoids being caught sneaking Mystery into the kitchen, SpongeBob gets in trouble when Mr. Krabs comes out of his office a second time and witnesses him curing a sick Mystery, who had developed a stomachache from consuming various objects moments prior. Mr. Krabs is upset with his employee and tells SpongeBob that the horse has got to go, but he is extremely reluctant to proceed due to great sentiment.
Mr. Krabs, feeling sympathy for SpongeBob, tells him a story of his favorite dollar and how he eventually spent it for a soda on a hot day. He tells SpongeBob that Mystery needs to be freed because the indoors are not a place for a wild animal, and SpongeBob consents and takes Mystery out the front door, where he painfully asks her to leave. Mr. Krabs tries to comfort SpongeBob until Squidward shows him an empty safe. Realizing that Mystery ate the Krusty Krab's finances, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs chase after her, disappearing into the distance. The episode ends with Patrick trying to enter a hat store, but the wooden board nailed to his head blocks his way.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Popcorn - John Scott [Title card]
‣ Pastime - Gerhard Trede [opening]
• Idea Sting - Nicolas Carr ["I've got spring fever!"]
‣ Hula Festival - George Elliott [SpongeBob smelling flowers]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Flower gets eaten/Flower gets eaten again]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [three days later]
‣ Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer [dramatic sting]
‣ Magical Effect (e) - Paddy Kingsland [SpongeBob sees seahorse]
‣ The Way West - Jack Dorsey ["She's beautiful!"]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland [seahorse eating flowers]
‣ Youthful Days - Mike Sunderland [SpongeBob writes in his diary]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland [seahorse coming toward SpongeBob]
‣ Braden Beat - Alan Moorhouse [montage of SpongeBob and Mystery together]
‣ Best of the West - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob riding Mystery to work]
‣ The Homeward Trail (b) [#38] - John Fox [SpongeBob tells Mystery to wait outside]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor F. Narholz ["Help! Kiddy ride on the loose!"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["It's either you or Mystery."]
‣ Botany Bay (b) - Robert Alexander White [SpongeBob sad]
• Idea Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Ha! It worked, girl!"]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland ["SpongeBob, what was that?"]
• Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob worries that the Krusty Krab is haunted]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Mystery eating Krabby Patties]
‣ Danger Zone - Mike Sunderland [Mystery ate everything]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney ["David H. Jones!"]
‣ Fates [#62] - Gregor F. Narholz ["Please don't make me give up Mystery!"]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [bowl of onions]
‣ Blow the Man Down (c) - Robert Alexander White ["Your story has touched me heart."]
‣ Blow the Man Down (d) - Robert Alexander White ["And one day at the beach, it was so hot and I was so thirsty! I spent it on a soda!"]
‣ My Horse and I - Norman John Warren [SpongeBob lets Mystery go]
• SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Get that horse!"]
‣ My Horse and I - Norman John Warren [ending]
- This episode is available on the Halloween, Complete 3rd Season, SpongeBob ScaryPants Collection, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Orange Collection, 2-Season TV Pack, From the Beginning, Pt.1, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 4, First 100 Episodes, Holidays with SpongeBob 3-DVD Gift Set, Complete Third Season, The Third & Fourth Seasons, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- "My Pretty Seahorse" was ranked #91 during the Best Day Ever event from November 9–10, 2006.
- "My Pretty Seahorse" was ranked #42 during the SpongeBob's Top 100 event in the UK and Ireland from June 4-8, 2012.
- This was the first episode to be written by Kent Osborne.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob lets a wild animal stay at his house. The first is "Jellyfish Jam."
- The "Three Days Later" time card has the same pattern as the "Squidville" title card.
- The "Twelve Seconds Later" time card is similar to the "Help Wanted" title card, except it is orange.
- A shot of SpongeBob riding Mystery from this episode can be seen in Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated.
- Just like in "Jellyfishing," Squidward rides on his bike, trips on something, falls off a cliff, explodes, and moans faintly after exploding.
- In the Dutch dub, this episode is called "Mystery," obviously inspired by the seahorse's name.
- These following scenes have become famous memes across the internet:
- Patrick trying to build the stable for Mystery.
- Patrick with a wooden plank nailed in his head.
- SpongeBob's "imitation" of Mystery
- Patrick's winter sweater with the caption “Mom come pick me up I’m scared."
- Scooter trying to find the "coin slot."
- Squidward crying over a bowl of onions.
- SpongeBob contemplates naming the horse Grace, Majesty, or Debbie before deciding upon the name Mystery.
- His choice to name her Debbie is ironic, as in the French dub, Mystery is named Debbie.
- Mystery eats all the Krabby Patties, SpongeBob's work hat, his spatula, the stove, and Old Man Jenkins.
- When SpongeBob and Mystery are dancing on TurboNick, a song from Nickelodeon's The Naked Brothers Band can be heard for some reason.
- This is the second episode where the customers spit out their food after being disgusted while overhearing Mr. Krabs' words to SpongeBob. The first is "Suds" where Mr. Krabs says he does not want SpongeBob sneezing all over his food. In this episode, Mr. Krabs says the kitchen is no place for a live horse.
- This episode and its sister episode were rated 13+ on Amazon Prime Video in August 2020.
- The title of the episode is a pun on the name of the My Little Pony franchise.
- Mystery's nickname, "Sir Eats-A-Lot," is a pun on Sir Lancelot, a knight from the tales of King Arthur of Camelot.
- During the montage, Mystery paints SpongeBob à la the 1997 film Titanic.
- In the opening credits, Paul Tibbitt's name is misspelled with the final 'T' removed. This mistake was fixed on the Halloween DVD release.
- In one scene, SpongeBob is shown holding the bag of hypoallergenic flowers, but a few seconds later, the bag disappears.
- Among the things eaten by Mystery is SpongeBob's Krusty Krab employee hat, but in a later scene, where attempts to give Mystery a bicarbonate soda, his whole hat is back.
- In the closing credits to this episode, Frank Welker's first name is mistakenly listed as "Tom."
- When Squidward rides his bike to work, he goes past SpongeBob's house; the Krusty Krab is actually past Patrick's rock.
- The onions making people cry.
- Nuclear explosions occurring whenever someone lands on the ground.
- Patrick shown with a nailed wooden plank on his head.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|