- French Narrator
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mystery the Seahorse (debut)
- Daydream Mystery
- Wobbles (blue)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Ghosts (mentioned)
- Old Man Jenkins
- Nathiel Waters
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Norma Rechid
- Jimmy Gus
- Vera Fishbowl
- Tina Fran
- Susie Rechid
- Martha Smith
- Victor Krabs (indirectly mentioned as "father")
- Nancy Suzy Fish
It is springtime in Bikini Bottom, and Patrick is emerging from his rock and storing away his winter "coat" (sweater), burying it, while the narrator is explaining Patrick's action to the audience. SpongeBob, meanwhile, proclaims that he has "Spring Fever," and greets the flowers in his yard. When Squidward steps out of his house, SpongeBob asks him if he has said hello to the flowers as well. Squidward does so sarcastically, and the flowers hiss at him, causing him to run inside, terrified.
SpongeBob concludes that Squidward has "Hay Fever" and, as an act of kindness decides to plant him some hypoallergenic flowers. He does so, and the moment he takes his eyes off of the flowers to grasp the watering can, he discovers it's been eaten. Surprised, he plants another one, which meets the same fate as he again reaches for the watering can. Determined, he plants another one and doesn't take his eyes off of it for 3 days. Patrick says Hi to SpongeBob, and SpongeBob looks at him and says the same thing. But after he looks at the flower again, it gets eaten. SpongeBob then discovers that the culprit is a green seahorse. SpongeBob is fascinated and imagines him and the horse riding together and decides to tame her.
Later, as he watches the seahorse, it is lured toward his floral bookmark, which it eats. They become friends and begin to ride around and do things together. As Squidward is biking to work the next morning, SpongeBob races past him on his seahorse, which he has named "Mystery." Squidward then rides off a cliff and causes a nuclear explosion when he hits the ground. When SpongeBob reaches work, he leaves Mystery outside at the bike post. Scooter and Wobbles approach Mystery and mistake her for a kiddy ride. Wobbles suggests Scooter try it out, and when he inserts a coin into her "slot," Mystery kicks him into the distance, and he blows up on impact. Wobbles runs away screaming, causing Mr. Krabs to come out and see what the trouble is. He sees Mystery and mistakes her for a monster; SpongeBob tells him she is his pet, but even though she is harmless to SpongeBob and not the others, he is ordered to get rid of her and if he disregards his order, he will be fired for not cooperating with him.
SpongeBob attempts to hide her in a cupboard in the kitchen until Patrick finishes building a stable. SpongeBob offers Mystery a Krabby Patty, which she begins craving after eating. After she craves, Mr. Krabs overhears this noise, and angrily comes in and confronts SpongeBob, threatening to fire him if he sees Mystery still here, but he doesn't see her and leaves. After narrowly avoiding being caught by Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob realizes he has to be more careful. Squidward catches Mystery after an order goes missing, and Mystery goes on an eating frenzy while a crowd of customers became angry. Mr. Krabs finally catches SpongeBob nursing a sick Mystery in the kitchen, who is suffering from a stomach ache, now knowing that he had broken the rules. Mr. Krabs then becomes angry with SpongeBob and tells him that he plans to get rid of Mystery. SpongeBob is responsible for breaking and disregarding the rule, but he pleads for mercy, explaining that Mystery is his friend and that he loves her.
Mr. Krabs, feeling sympathy for SpongeBob, tells him a story of his favorite dollar and how he eventually spent it for a soda on a hot day. He tells SpongeBob that Mystery needs to be freed because the indoors is not a place for a wild animal, and SpongeBob consents and takes Mystery out the front door where he painfully asks her to leave. He cries as she leaves without hesitation, he inadvertently tells Patrick to leave (believing it's still Mystery). Mr. Krabs tries to comfort SpongeBob until Squidward shows him an empty safe. Realizing that Mystery ate the Krusty Krab's finances, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs chase after her, disappearing into the distance. The episode ends with Patrick trying to get into a hat store, but the wooden plank nailed to his head blocks his way.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Pastime - Gerhard Trede [opening]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["I've got spring fever!"]
‣ Hula Festival - George Elliott [SpongeBob smelling flowers]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Flower gets eaten/Flower gets eaten again]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [three days later]
‣ Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer [dramatic sting]
‣ Magical Effect (e) - Paddy Kingsland [SpongeBob sees seahorse]
‣ The Way West - Jack Dorsey ["She's beautiful!"]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland [seahorse eating flowers]
‣ Youthful Days - Mike Sunderland [SpongeBob writes in his diary]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland [seahorse coming toward SpongeBob]
‣ Braden Beat - Alan Moorhouse [montage of SpongeBob and Mystery together]
‣ Best of the West - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob riding Mystery to work]
‣ The Homeward Trail (b) [#38] - John Fox [SpongeBob tells Mystery to wait outside]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor F. Narholz ["Help! Kiddy ride on the loose!"]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["It's either you or Mystery."]
‣ Botany Bay (b) - Robert Alexander White [SpongeBob sad]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Ha! It worked, girl!"]
‣ Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland ["SpongeBob, what was that?"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob worries that the Krusty Krab is haunted]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Mystery eating Krabby Patties]
‣ Danger Zone - Mike Sunderland [Mystery ate everything]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney ["David H. Jones!"]
‣ Fates [#62] - Gregor F. Narholz ["Please don't make me give up Mystery!"]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [bowl of onions]
‣ Blow the Man Down (c) - Robert Alexander White ["Your story has touched me heart."]
‣ Blow the Man Down (d) - Robert Alexander White ["And one day at the beach, it was so hot and I was so thirsty! I spent it on a soda!"]
‣ My Horse and I - Norman John Warren [SpongeBob lets Mystery go]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Get that horse!"]
‣ My Horse and I - Norman John Warren [ending]
- This episode is available on the Halloween, Complete 3rd Season, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, Holidays with SpongeBob 3-DVD Gift Set, The Third & Fourth Seasons, First 100 Episodes, and Complete Third Season DVDs.
- "My Pretty Seahorse" was ranked #91 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- Although this episode premiered in 2002, it was made in 2001 according to the credits.
- This episode premiered in Canada on December 11, 2002.
- This is the second time SpongeBob lets a wild animal stay at his house. The previous time was in "Jellyfish Jam."
- The "Three Days Later" time card has the same pattern as the "Squidville" title card.
- The "Twelve Seconds Later" time card is similar to the "Help Wanted" title card, except it is orange.
- Just like in "Jellyfishing," Squidward rides on his bike, trips on something, falls off a cliff, explodes, and moans faintly after exploding.
- In Dutch, this episode is called "Mystery," obviously inspired by the seahorse's name.
- Patrick trying to build the stable for Mystery, Patrick with a wooden plank nailed in his head, and SpongeBob's "imitation" of Mystery have become internet memes.
- SpongeBob says "I knew I should've named her Debbie.", which is ironic, as in the French dub, Mystery is actually named Debbie.
- When SpongeBob and Mystery are dancing on TurboNick, a song from Nickelodeon's The Naked Brothers Band can be heard for some reason.
- This is the second episode where the customers spit out their food after being disgusted while overhearing Mr. Krabs' words to SpongeBob. The first is "Suds" where Mr. Krabs says "I don't want you sneezing all over my food" to him. In this episode, Mr. Krabs says "The kitchen is no place for a live horse."
- Apparently, Scooter and his friend were not aware that the "kiddy ride" is alive.
- Even though there is no reference to Christmas or anything related to that holiday, this episode takes place after "Christmas Who?" because it takes place during the springtime, and takes place after "Help Wanted," and both "Christmas Who?" and "Help Wanted" take place on the same month.
- This is the 100th episode in airing order.
- "Three Days Later..."
- "Twelve Seconds Later..."
- The title of the episode is most likely a reference to the My Little Pony franchise.
- Mystery's nickname, "Sir Eats-A-Lot," is a reference to Sir Lancelot, one of the most famous knights from the tales of King Arthur of Camelot.
- During the montage, Mystery paints SpongeBob like in Titanic.
- The ending, where SpongeBob chases away Mystery, references to Harry and the Hendersons.
- This episode has similarities to The Little Mermaid episode "Stormy."
- SpongeBob's refusal to set Mystery free despite Mr. Krabs' warning and the latter eventually taking his boss' advice at the end of the episode is a reference to The Powerpuff Girls episode "Helter Shelter," where Bubbles refuses to free a baby whale despite Professor Utonium's warning that no animals should be brought home.
- Among the things eaten by Mystery is SpongeBob's Krusty Krab employee hat, but in a later scene, where attempts to give Mystery a bicarbonate soda, his whole hat is back.
- On the closed-captioning on the Halloween DVD, SpongeBob's name is misspelled as "Spongebob" without capitalizing the first 'b' in his name.
- In one scene, SpongeBob is shown holding the bag of hypoallergenic flowers, but a few seconds later, the bag disappears.
- In this episode, Paul Tibbitt's name is spelled wrong in the opening credits, with the final 'T' removed. This mistake was fixed on the Halloween DVD release.
- In one part of the episode, British television company Sky captioned Old Man Jenkins as "Old man jankins" instead of "Jenkins."
- Scooter speaks in a female voice in the Russian dub.
- The onions making people cry.
- Nuclear explosions occurring whenever someone lands on the ground.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|