- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Bubble Bass (cameo)
- Alaskan Bull Worm
- Mrs. Puff (cameo)
- Dr. Gill Gilliam
- Tom (robot) (debut)
- Sea urchin
- Convict (debut)
- Dr. Charley Horse (debut)
- Nurse Bazooka (debut)
- Fred's doctor
- Bikini Bottomites
- Girl scout (debut)
- Aliens (debut)
- Dr. Kelpington (debut)
- Dr. Kelpington's snail (debut)
- Love train motorman (debut)
The episode starts with a TV montage of Fred getting his leg hurt in many ways, including the lighthouse from Mrs. Puff's Boating School. Eventually, the doctor cuts off Fred's cast and says that if he isn't more careful with his leg, he will be forced to have it replaced with a robot's leg, causing the robot that is transplanting its leg, Tom to beg him not to take his leg.
Outside of the hospital, Fred finds SpongeBob and tells him not to get near his leg, noting a flashback that had his leg run over by a toy train. SpongeBob decides that he should protect his leg unnoticed, so he covers over harm to Fred's leg, including a wood cutter in Fred's workplace, hot coals, and even bashing other people that is near Fred. After Patrick gets a bite taken off a leg from a girl scout, Fred admits that he misses the hospital because he is in love with a nurse. SpongeBob decides to help break Fred's leg for him.
SpongeBob tries many methods to break Fred's leg, including slamming Fred's leg with a hammer, zapping it, and having the Alaskan Bull Worm eat it off to no avail. The last plan is to have Fred's leg run over by a train, however right before Fred's leg gets run over, Tom the robot comes and stops the train, continuing to clamor not to take his leg. SpongeBob takes out his leg and gives it to Tom, making him happy but sent to the hospital. SpongeBob grows back his leg, and because he says "My leg!", the ambulance comes back, but landing and running over Fred's body. Fred finds out that they hit him everywhere except the leg, finally sending Fred to the hospital.
At the hospital, Fred is happy that SpongeBob bought him back to the hospital and calls in his nurse that he’s in love with Nurse Bazooka, about to give a gruesome sponge bath to every patient. However, Fred starts to sing a song in order to show how much he loves Nurse Bazooka. She loves the song and kisses Fred on the cheek repeatedly. The episode ends with a closing transition that snaps off Fred's leg, causing him to scream "My leg!"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Kalua Jubalee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [Fred's leg crushed by a lighthouse.]
‣ Super Highway March - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Fred's leg crushed by a mobility scooter.]
‣ Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [Fred's legs crushed under weights.]
‣ Hillbilly Dual - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Fred's leg caught by a hook.]
‣ Variety Link (d) - Dick Walter [Fred's leg separated in a magic trick.]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Fred's leg on TV, crushed by a roller, and stuck in the drain.]
‣ Sleazy Sax - Richard Myhill [Fred wearing dress on an air vent.]
‣ ? [Aliens have Fred's leg.]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Fred's leg getting cut with a knife.]
‣ Spy 02 144 Em - Dieguis Productions/Big Fish Audio [Fred's leg getting cut by a laser.]
‣ ? [Leaf falls on Fred's leg.]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Fred's leg disintegrates.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Alright."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [Doctor pulls out a buzzsaw.]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Feels great! Thanks, doc!"]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (c) - Ron Goodwin ["A robot leg!"]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld [Robot with missing leg appears.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (x) - Jeremy Wakefield [Fred leaves the room.]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob waiting Fred outside the hospital.]
‣ Disturbances - Gerhard Trede [Toy train run over Fred's leg.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Ambulance appears and take Fred.]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Fred ties the balloon to SpongeBob.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["I know!"]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob trying to protect Fred's leg from danger.]
‣ Busy Schedule - Cyril Watters [Fred comes back to his job.]
‣ They're Coming! - Trevor Duncan [Factory blows up.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [Wooden boards fall down.]
‣ ? [SpongeBob protecting Fred from walk on hot coals.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
‣ Spy 01 130 Em - Dieguis Productions/Big Fish Audio [SpongeBob and Patrick surround Fred as secret service agents.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (IV) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Fred, you have to listen to me."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Ambulance appears and take Patrick.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Gee, some guys get all the lucky breaks."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Why?"]
‣ Treasures of the Heart - Alan Paul [Fred tells SpongeBob he's in love with a nurse.]
‣ ? [Rimshot.]
• You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Fred at Bikini Bottom Jail.]
‣ Blackbeard - Sam Fonteyn [Prisoner silently yells "My leg!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Ambulance appears and take the prisoner.]
• You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Fred trying to get his leg hurt.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (x) - Jeremy Wakefield [Fred's leg tied to railroad tracks.]
‣ Seaside Special - Jack Coles [Love train approaching to Fred's leg.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (VI) - Jeremy Wakefield [Robot's head explodes.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (X) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob gives his leg to the robot.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Ambulance appears and take the robot.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield ["It's no use, SpongeBob."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Ambulance falls from the sky and take SpongeBob.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["My head and torso!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (a) - Ronald Hanmer [Ambulance appears and take Fred.]
‣ Maui Beach - Hans Haider [Robot, prisoner, Patrick, Fred and SpongeBob at the hospital.]
‣ Hippomania - John Fox, Mac Prindy [Nurse Bazooka appears.]
• My Leg Is In Love! - Doug Lawrence, Eban Schletter [Fred sings this.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 19 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- This episode was originally supposed to premiere on April 27, 2018, but was pulled back because of low ratings.
- This is Fred's biggest role yet.
- The title is obviously a reference to the My leg! running gag.
- "My leg!:"
- 12 are heard in the compilation at the start of the episode.
- 6 while the doctor cuts off Fred's cast.
- Flashback to where Fred gets his leg run over by SpongeBob's toy freight train.
- Any time "My leg," "Your leg," "His leg," or "Fred's leg" is heard, it is spoken in a louder exaggerated way, in the same manner as Fred hurts it.
- Patrick says this twice after showing SpongeBob his leg after having a bite taken off of it.
- SpongeBob accidentally hits the convict's foot. The word is not said, but instead the word is displayed in a silent card.
- Tom gains SpongeBob's leg to replace his robotic leg.
- SpongeBob says this after he grows his leg back.
- 8 are heard in the My Leg! song.
- Fred's leg snaps off at the ending.
- In total, the word "leg" is said 75 times. 44 of them are "My leg!", 14 "your leg" (counting a possessive), one "your legs," six "his leg," one "robot leg," one "hurt leg," one "chicken leg," one "table leg," one "a little leg," three "Fred's leg," and one "nice legwork."
- Not counting the title and silent card, the word "leg" is heard 73 times and "My leg!" 43 times.
- This is the first episode that Fred sings in since "Jellyfish Hunter."
- The Alaskan Bull Worm from the episode "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm" makes a cameo, where it is much friendlier than usual. It also went through a minor redesign with it being more pinkish.
- This is the second episode to use bones as the title card text. The first is "The Curse of the Hex."
- The beginning of the episode references "Boating School," when SpongeBob crashes his boat into the lighthouse. This was the very first time "My leg!" was said on the show.
- "Maui Beach" plays for the first time since "Married to Money."
- "Dramatic Cue (a)" plays a total of six times in this episode.
- Fred breaks his right leg more than his left leg.
- Dr. Charlie Horse can be a minor reference to the episode "Cephalopod Lodge." The reason for this is because he is a squid, and he has a picture of something that looks like a picture of the lodge hanging in his place.
- This episode breaks the fourth wall at the end, where the transition breaks Fred's leg.
- Irony: Fred could've just visited his doctor at the hospital to avoid any injury.
- The scene where Fred's white dress is being blown upwards is a reference to Marilyn Monroe's subway scene from the 1955 film The Seven Year Itch.
- The scene where Fred is strapped to a board while his leg is being cut by a laser by Dr. Kelpington is a parody of Ernst Stavro Blofeld, a James Bond villain, and him strapping down Fred and vaporizing him with a laser references the James Bond film Goldfinger.
- The snail-holding doctor in the same scene references Ernst Stavro Blofeld, a James Bond villain.
- The scene where Nurse Bazooka is standing on an open clamshell as the wind blows her hair references the painting The Birth of Venus.
- Hot coal walking is a real trick used by physics to cure people.
- After Patrick punches Bubble Bass, Fred's face transitions from shocked to indifference in one frame.
- When the doctor shows Fred the robot leg for the first time, the entire leg is held. But when the robot appears, half of his leg is held while the other half is on the robot.
- In the scene where SpongeBob is a heart, a heart clips through Fred.
- The only scene where Fred is seen wearing shoes was in the healer scene.
- After SpongeBob loses his footwear due to getting rid of his previous leg, some of his sock could be seen when his foot was in the cast. Then, when he's dressed as cupid, he's half barefoot again.
- When the convict talks using the silent film title card, it says, "My leg!," but the mallet actually landed on his foot. Therefore, he should have said, "My foot!"
- When Fred looks up and says "I would be there soon my love," his pupils are brown instead of black.
- When Tom is given SpongeBob's leg, it is on him, but when it shows him at the hospital, it shows that he has both of his legs instead of one and SpongeBob's leg.
- Fred breaking one or both of his legs.
- People going to the hospital whenever they say "My leg!"
- "Dramatic Cue (a)" playing when someone is rushed to the hospital after yelling "My Leg!"
- This is the second time that this track is used as a running gag after "Ghost Host."
- Someone yelling "My leg!," "Your leg!," "His leg!," and "Fred's leg!" in the same rhythm and cadence as the original running gag.
- Note: Out of those four sayings above, and throughout the whole episode, SpongeBob is the only character who says, "Fred's leg!"