- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Walter Haddock (debut)
- Mummy (debut)
- Coal miners (debut)
- Sulfur miners (debut)
- Unaccompanied minors (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
The episode starts with SpongeBob putting mustard on people's Krabby Patties, only for the mustard to run out. This leads to Mr. Krabs tasking SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward to go to the Mustard Mine to get more mustard. An old man named Walter Haddock comes to warn the Krusty Krew about the mines, but they proceed to go anyways.
The three find the Mustard Mine and start looking for mustard. They find an escalator that takes them down to where all the minerals are, but everything in the mines is not what they are looking for. Squidward finds a train station that will take them to the condiments session of the mines and quickly gets in there with SpongeBob and Patrick already in the train before it closes.
After leaving the train station, the three find several condiments inside the rocks before eventually finding mustard underneath the ground. While they are trying to open up the hole to get the mustard, Walter Haddock comes back to once again warn them about the mustard and how if they mine the mustard, it will explode due to the immense amount of pressure inside of it.
However, Squidward is not threatened by this, so he tries to fight with him. Patrick also fights with him, thinking the game is about not hurting the attacker. Walter Haddock punches Patrick and he lands on the mustard hole, causing the pressure to build up so much that the mustard explodes out of the mines to the Krusty Krab. This floods the restaurant with mustard, ending the episode with the customers satisfied.
- When someone gets on the escalator, they become calm.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• A Parade Of Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card]
• Galley Cooks Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob makes mustard sculptures.]
• Koto Gong Transition - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob karate chops the mustard jug.]
• With Karate Comes Responsibility - Nicolas Carr [Mustard jug is empty.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [The customers groan.]
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob goes to the kitchen to get more mustard.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob gasps.]
• In a Minor Mood Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs orders SpongeBob and Squidward to go to the mustard mines.]
• Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick eating mustard.]
‣ Misty Menace - Max Saunders [Prospector warns that the mustard mine is cursed.]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (c) - Ron Goodwin ["The mummy's curse!"]
‣ Misty Menace - Max Saunders ["There's no such thing as mummies."]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Photo of the prospector's mother.]
‣ Terror by Night - Hubert Clifford ["I've been in that mine. No one that enters gets out alive."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (h) - Ronald Hanmer ["His foot's gone!"]
‣ Hippo Bird - Arthur Wilkinson [SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward outside the mustard mine.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 23 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick puts his brain on Squidward's shirt.]
◦ A Mining We Will Go - Kaz Prapuolenis [SpongeBob and Patrick sing this.]
• Mining We Will Go - Kaz Prapuolenis, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Background music to "A Mining We Will Go"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [Rocks fall, trapping SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward inside the mine.]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (d) - Wilfred Burns [Patrick panics.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 14 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward sighs.]
‣ Buck Jump - Cedric Palmer [SpongeBob makes a Krabby Patty and Squidward feeds Patrick with him.]
‣ Fates - Gregor Narholz ["Squidward, I-I need..."]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Why do I even bother?"]
‣ The Great White - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward discover a deep mine shaft.]
‣ For a Lonely Girl - Norman Candler [SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward take the mechanical escalator.]
‣ ? [Sting.]
‣ For a Lonely Girl - Norman Candler [They arrive down.]
‣ Fraidy Cat - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob and Patrick find gold and diamonds in the mine, while Squidward finds sand.]
‣ For a Lonely Girl - Norman Candler [Kid goes up the mechanical escalator.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (x) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Uh, what was that?"]
‣ Four More Comical Cuts - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob finds a telephone and gets a call from Mr. Krabs.]
‣ Eight Comical Cuts - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob finds a telephone and gets a call from Mr. Krabs.]
‣ Sculpture - Georges Behar [Squidward discovers a train station.]
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward runs to take the train in which SpongeBob and Patrick are.]
‣ Eight Comical Cuts - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob and Patrick get off the train.]
‣ Perky Puppet - Alan Perry [SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward mining condiments.]
• Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob finds mustard.]
• Unknown Track 38 - SpongeBob smiles.
◦ The Mustard Song - Kaz Prapuolenis [SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward sings this.]
• Listen to the Mustard Flow - Kaz Prapuolenis, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Background music to "The Mustard Song"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield [Pickaxe disintegrates.]
• Ripped Hide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Squidward use Patrick's head.]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (f) - Wilfred Burns [Prospector reappears and plugs up the hole.]
• Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Prospector says there's no curse.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (VI) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Mystery solved!"]
• Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Prospector explains why they shouldn't unplug the hole.]
• M'Wanna - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, no curse, no mummy, and no mustard."]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Put your fists down."]
‣ Four Evil Men (c) - Trevor Duncan [Ground rumbles and breaks apart.]
‣ For a Lonely Girl - Norman Candler [Prospector goes up the mechanical escalator.]
‣ Four Evil Men (c) - Trevor Duncan [Floor still rumbling.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini ["Where's me mustard?!"]
• Slide Whistle Stooges 2 - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 19 and The Complete Eleventh Season DVDs.
- The text design on the title card is similar to that of "Greasy Buffoons," but darker yellow and made of mustard rather than grease.
- When this episode first aired, it was paired up with a rerun of "Ink Lemonade," but since it has re-airing with "Shopping List."
- This episode reveals that the Krusty Krab gets its mustard, ketchup, hot sauce, and mayonnaise from the Mustard Mine.
- The face that SpongeBob makes after tasting the mustard is similar to the one face in "Can You Spare a Dime?" when SpongeBob says, "What could be better than serving up smiles?"
- This is the second time that Mr. Krabs complains about SpongeBob using too much mustard. The first was "InSPONGEiac."
- This is the third episode where all of SpongeBob's holes get plugged up with corks by Patrick. The first was "Suds," and the second was "No Nose Knows."
- This is the last episode to premiere before Cyma Zarghami, the former president of Nickelodeon, stepped down from the company on June 4, 2018.
- The title references the Guns N' Roses song "Sweet Child o' Mine."
- The two escalators in the Mustard Mines are a reference to the two escalators in the state of Wyoming.
- This episode contains several references to The Three Stooges:
- The music over the title card is "Listen to the Mocking Bird," which was played in the opening credits of the early Stooge shorts. Later in the episode, SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward also sing to the tune of it.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are first shown venturing into the mines, they sing to the tune of "A-Hunting We Will Go," sung by the Stooges when going on an adventure.
- When Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob if he used up all the mustard, in the background, a tube of mustard is shown next to the mayo.
- It is likely that it is also empty.
- Patrick has mustard on him when Mr. Krabs tells him to go down to the mines to retrieve more. However, when Walter Haddock shows up, the mustard on him is gone.
- When Squidward finally got on the train, he got his head caught through the double doors on a train car that was far away from the first car. However, once he got to the destination, his head was caught on the first train car.
- Despite the name of the mine being "Mustard Mine," it also contains ketchup, mayonnaise, hot sauce, gold, diamonds, and likely coal, limestone, and sulfur.