- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Pearl Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks (cameo)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Frankie Billy
- Fish at Planet Rollercoaster
- Construction Foreman
- Construction worker (debut)
- Fred (blue; normal)
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Bill (debut)
- Miss Rechid
- Norma Rechid
- Nat Peterson (purple)
- Justin Flipperlake (debut)
- Bikni Bottom Mint Guards (debut)
- Robbers (debut)
- Officer John Slugfish
- Officer Nancy O'Malley
- Abigail Marge
The episode starts off with Mr. Krabs showing SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, and Pearl a slideshow about his vacation to the Bikini Bottom Mint.
Cuts to flashback, Squidward is about to give out change to a customer but suddenly, Mr. Krabs calls all his employees into his office. In his office, Mr. Krabs says that he will take either Squidward or SpongeBob with him and Pearl on a road trip, but then Squidward gets up and leaves (glad that he is closing it down), leaving Mr. Krabs to choose SpongeBob for the trip. In the boat, Pearl isn't happy, she throws a suitcase onto SpongeBob, telling him not to get up until they leave Bikini Bottom. After they leave, SpongeBob asks if he can get up and Pearl says "sure." They pass Super Mega Mall World and Pearl thinks that they are going there, but Mr. Krabs promises where they are going is way better. They then pass Planet Rollercoaster and once again, Pearl thinks that they are going there and Mr. Krabs says where they are going is a hundred times better. Throughout all of this, SpongeBob just wants to go to the bathroom.
They park right in front of the Teenage Boy Museum and right when Pearl walks up to it, it is demolished by a wrecking ball. Mr. Krabs tries to comfort her, saying that they weren't going there anyways. He then says that they are going to the Bikini Bottom Mint to see the money making process, but Pearl says that she would rather search through the rubble of the "Teenage Boy Museum" and proceeds to do so. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs then go inside and meet the tour guide, Bill. SpongeBob laughs but Bill is aware of the irony of his job and name.
They got through some areas in the building, but because of Mr. Krabs obsession for money, he disturbs the crowd and even gets himself in dangerous situations. When he gets to the money shredding area, Mr. Krabs starts crying, which floods the factory. SpongeBob absorbs the water and shoots it out the wall, destroying the autographed photo that Pearl finds. Mr. Krabs finds out that the money is being shredded so it could be turned into new money, Bill is tired of SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs constantly interrupting the tour, so he then calls security to escort SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs out, but sees them tied up and gagged by two bank robbers.
SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs stop them and are each rewarded with a Special Edition 1 dollar bill with their faces on it. Mr. Krabs then takes the bill from SpongeBob, saying that "he hasn't charged him yet for bringing him on this trip." Pearl then shows up and says that "she hasn't charged him for taking her on this terrible trip" and takes the two bills from him. Her friend then shows up and Pearl hands her the two dollars that she owes her for the shoes, saying that she must have maxed out her father's (Mr. Krabs) credit card. With the two bills gone, Mr. Krabs starts crying, flooding the money factory again. The episode ends after that.
This section is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by making this section specific and short.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Shop-O-Rama - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez [Start of slideshow]
‣ Short Military Bridge - Nicolas Carr ["Attention! Attention, all employees of the Krusty Krab! Report immediately to the main office!"]
‣ Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah - George Handel ["Hallelujah!"]
‣ Classic Horror Sting - Eban Schletter [SpongeBob hyperventilating]
‣ Happy Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I'm just going on vacation for a few days."]
‣ Rainbow Delights - Magnum Opus ["Come along with us, SpongeBob..."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob faints]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["ME BOTTOM DOLLAR?!"]
‣ Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["It's just an expression daddy. I just mean I'm really really excited!"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Daddy, one of your employees is in the backseat!"]
‣ Steel Sting (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Daddy, I thought this was supposed to be our family vacation!"]
‣ An Underwater Conversation - Barry Anthony ["Hi Pearl! Looks like you and I get to spend some quality time together!"]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [Squidward sunbathing]
‣ Cartoon Sting 9 - Barry Anthony [Patrick appears laughing behind Squidward]
‣ Pizzicato Polka - Clive Harrison [Super Mega Mall World]
‣ Steel Sting (l) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Think we could make a bathroom stop?"]
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [Planet Rollercoaster]
‣ Befuddled - Pat Irwin [Krabs laughs]
‣ Droopy - Arthur Wilkinson [SpongeBob and Pearl close their eyes]
‣ California Baby A - Jerry Burnham, Wayne Cook [Teenage boy museum]
‣ Solo Steel 1 - Jeremy Wakefield ["It was right there!"]
‣ Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Bikini Bottom mint]
‣ Unknown Track 33 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["There's no way I'm going in there!"]
‣ Library of Congress - Jack Shaindlin ["Well, laddie, looks like it's just you and me. And of course, the Mint."]
‣ Hop and Skip - Phil Green [Start of tour]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [Coin making/People gets hit by pieces of Mr. Krabs' eyes]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["Mr. Krabs!"]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob pressed into coins]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [Coins scream]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [Krabs on conveyor belt]
‣ Lazybones - Zoltan Biscotti, Xavier Edmunds [Money shredder]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (d) - Wilfred William Burns ["Destroy money?! NO!!!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Krabs cries]
‣ Clumsy C - Bernd Gesell [SpongeBob absorbs Krabs' tears]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Pearl cries]
‣ Tragic Tale of Woe - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs babbling]
‣ Shopping Spree - Laurie Johnson [Recycling old money]
‣ Wiggle Wobble - Pat Irwin [Tour guide is angry]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Guards tied up]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #3 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [Criminals stealing money]
‣ Mr. Swashbuckle - James McConnel ["Oh no you don't! You filthy dollar wrestler!"]
‣ Masked Crusader 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Criminal and Krabs growl at each other]
‣ Lionheart - Larry Hochman [Krabs fights criminals]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Criminals at the police car]
‣ Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Limited edition dollar bills]
‣ Jovial Pirates Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip, Complete Eighth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of June 18, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.1/10 based on 110 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.8/10 based on 33 votes.
- This is the fifth and final of the five episode vacation miniseries.
- This was Marc Ceccarelli's first episode as a writer and storyboard director.
- The title card background for this episode is similar to that of "Pat No Pay."
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs goes on a vacation with Pearl. The first is "Squeaky Boots."
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs' eyes turn into a faucet for when he cries. The first is "Clams."
- Mr. Krabs is a formidable fighter when it comes to money, as seen when he fights the robbers off.
- When Squidward says, "Hallelujah!" the song "Hallelujah" can be heard in the background. This also plays in "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"
- This episode was rated PG in Canada.
- This episode premiered seven years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie soundtrack was released and four years after Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots was released in Europe.
- This was the first episode Luke Brookshier and Marc Ceccarelli worked on together. They worked on a total of 30 episodes.
- It is revealed that lightbulbs can perfectly functuate as Mr. Krabs' eyes.
- When SpongeBob's eyes display blue triangles that read "YES" and "PLEASE" is a reference to the Magic 8 Ball, a fortune-telling toy.
- Justin Flipperlake is a parody of Justin Timberlake.
- When Mr. Krabs asks Pearl if she’s ready to go on vacation with him she says “You bet your bottom dollar.” It’s a reference from the song “Tomorrow” from the Broadway musical, Annie.
- Fred is blue when he appears in this episode with the tourists. In one scene, he is brown. In the next shot, he is back to being blue.
- In one scene in Mr. Krabs' house, Sandy's neck is white instead of brown.
- When Mr. Krabs says "Destroy money?" closed captions say "DESTROY MONEY/" with the slash instead of a question mark.
- Mr. Krabs has no eyes, arms, or nose when he cries. After SpongeBob absorbs his tears, he has all of them back, with no explanation as to why.
- When this episode (along with "Mooncation") premiered in Poland on July 14, 2012, it was mistakenly aired in Romanian language instead of Polish. When they reran on February 3, 2013, it was mistakenly aired in Spanish. Both episodes finally aired in Polish language on February 26, 2013.
- Throughout the episode, Harold wears a white shirt, but when Bill is explaining that they shred old money, he is wearing a tan shirt. It returns to normal in the next shot.
- Various body parts deflating, including Mr. Krabs' left arm, both of his eyes, and even Bill's head fin.