- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Pearl Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks (cameo)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Incidental 107
- Fish at Planet Rollercoaster
- Construction foreman
- Unnamed worker (debut)
- Fred (blue; normal)
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 6
- Bill (single appearance)
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 41 (purple)
- Justin Flipperlake (single appearance)
- Bikni Bottom Mint Guards (single appearance)
- Bank robbers (single appearance)
- Incidental 118
- Incidental 118B
- Incidental 48
The episode starts off with Mr. Krabs showing SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, and Pearl a slideshow about his vacation to the Bikini Bottom Mint.
Cuts to flashback, Squidward is about to give out change to a customer but suddenly, Mr. Krabs calls all his employees into his office. In his office, Mr. Krabs says that he will take either Squidward or SpongeBob with him and Pearl on a road trip, but then Squidward gets up and leaves, leaving Mr. Krabs to choose SpongeBob for the trip. In the boat, Pearl is not happy, she throws a suitcase onto SpongeBob, telling him not to get up until they leave Bikini Bottom. After they leave, SpongeBob asks if he can get up and Pearl says "sure." They pass Super Mega Mall World and Pearl thinks that they are going there, but Mr. Krabs promises where they are going is way better. They then pass Planet Rollercoaster and once again, Pearl thinks that they are going there and Mr. Krabs says where they are going is a hundred times better. Throughout all of this, SpongeBob just wants to go to the bathroom.
They park right in front of the Teenage Boy Museum and right when Pearl walks up to it, it is demolished by a wrecking ball. Mr. Krabs tries to comfort her, saying that they were not going there anyways. He then says that they are going to the Bikini Bottom Mint to see the money making process, but Pearl says that she would rather search through the rubble of the "Teenage Boy Museum" and proceeds to do so. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs then go inside and meet the tour guide, Bill. SpongeBob laughs, but Bill is aware of the irony of his job and name.
They got through some areas in the building, but because of Mr. Krabs' obsession for money, he disturbs the crowd and even gets himself in dangerous situations. When he gets to the money shredding area, Mr. Krabs starts crying, which floods the factory. SpongeBob absorbs the water and shoots it out the wall, destroying the autographed photo that Pearl finds. Mr. Krabs finds out that the money is being shredded so it could be turned into new money, Bill is tired of SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs constantly interrupting the tour, so he then calls security to escort SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs out, but sees them tied up and gagged by two bank robbers.
SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs stop them and are each rewarded with a Special Edition 1 dollar bill with their faces on it. Mr. Krabs then takes the bill from SpongeBob, saying that "he hasn't charged him yet for bringing him on this trip." Pearl then shows up and says that "she hasn't charged him for taking her on this terrible trip" and takes the two bills from him. Her friend then shows up and Pearl hands her the two dollars that she owes her for the shoes, saying that she must have maxed out her father's (Mr. Krabs) credit card. With the two bills gone, Mr. Krabs starts crying, flooding the money factory again as the episode ends.
- Various body parts deflating, including Mr. Krabs' left arm, both of his eyes, and even Bill's head fin.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Salty Squid Jig 2 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, James King [Title card]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
• Shop O Rama - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez [Start of slideshow]
• Short Military Bridge 1 - Nicolas Carr ["Attention! Attention, all employees of the Krusty Krab! Report immediately to the main office!"]
‣ Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah - George Handel ["Hallelujah!"]
• Classic Horror Sting - Eban Schletter [SpongeBob hyperventilating]
• Happy Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I'm just going on vacation for a few days."]
‣ Rainbow Delights - Magnum Opus ["Come along with us, SpongeBob..."]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob faints]
‣ Drama Link (D) - Hubert Clifford ["Me bottom dollar?!"]
• Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["It's just an expression daddy. I just mean I'm really really excited!"]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Daddy, one of your employees is in the backseat!"]
• Steel Licks 13 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Daddy, I thought this was supposed to be our family vacation!"]
• An Underwater Conversation - Barry Anthony ["Hi Pearl! Looks like you and I get to spend some quality time together!"]
• Fooling Around Lo Brass - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward sunbathing]
• Clowning Around Again Short - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick appears laughing behind Squidward]
‣ Pizzicato Polka - Clive Harrison [Super Mega Mall World]
• Steel Licks 15 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Think we could make a bathroom stop?"]
• Welcome to Glove World - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Planet Rollercoaster]
• Befuddled - Pat Irwin [Krabs laughs]
‣ Droopy - Arthur Wilkinson [SpongeBob and Pearl close their eyes]
‣ California Baby A - Jerry Burnham, Wayne Cook [Teenage boy museum]
• Solo Steel 1 - Jeremy Wakefield ["It was right there!"]
• Proud to Be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Bikini Bottom mint]
• Who Said That - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["There's no way I'm going in there!"]
‣ Library of Congress - Jack Shaindlin ["Well, laddie, looks like it's just you and me. And of course, the Mint."]
‣ Hop and Skip - Phil Green [Start of tour]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Wilkinson [Coin making/People gets hit by pieces of Mr. Krabs' eyes]
‣ Drama Link (G) - Hubert Clifford ["Mr. Krabs!"]
• Steel Licks 24 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob pressed into coins]
‣ Dramatic Impact (5) - Ivor Slaney [Coins scream]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [Krabs on conveyor belt]
‣ Lazybones - Zoltan Biscotti, Xavier Edmunds [Money shredder]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (D) - Wilfred William Burns ["Destroy money?! No!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Krabs cries]
‣ Clumsy C - Bernd Gesell [SpongeBob absorbs Krabs' tears]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Pearl cries]
• A Tragic Tale Of Woe - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs babbling]
‣ Shopping Spree - Laurie Johnson [Recycling old money]
• Wiggle Wobble - Pat Irwin [Tour guide is angry]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr [Guards tied up]
‣ Crime And Danger Sign #3 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [Criminals stealing money]
‣ Mr. Swashbuckle - James McConnel ["Oh no you don't! You filthy dollar wrestler!"]
‣ Masked Crusader 2 [#21] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Criminal and Krabs growl at each other]
‣ Lionheart - Larry Hochman [Krabs fights criminals]
• Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Criminals at the police car]
• Proud to Be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Limited edition dollar bills]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 13, Complete Eighth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, On the Road, Bikini Bottom Getaways, 3 DVD Value Pack, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Next 100 Episodes, The Best 200 Episodes Ever and The Seventh & Eighth Seasons DVDs.
- This episode was available on the SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip DVD, released earlier in 2011, before it aired on television.
- This is the fifth and final of the five episode vacation miniseries.
- This was the first episode that Marc Ceccarelli worked on.
- The title card background for this episode is similar to those of "Krusty Love," one of the backgrounds in the Underwater Sun song in "Party Pooper Pants", the "4 to 6 Weeks Later" time card from "Hocus Pocus," the "One Week Later..." time card from "Krabby Road," "Pat No Pay," "Nautical Novice," and "Suction Cup Symphony," except darker.
- This was the first episode Luke Brookshier and Marc Ceccarelli worked on together. They worked on a total of 30 episodes.
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs goes on a vacation with Pearl. The first was "Squeaky Boots."
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs' eyes turn into a faucet for when he cries. The first was "Clams."
- Mr. Krabs is a formidable fighter when it comes to money, as seen when he fights the robbers off.
- The gag in which Squidward says "Hallelujah!" with the "Hallelujah Chorus" playing, also occurs in "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"
- It is revealed that lightbulbs can perfectly function as Mr. Krabs' eyes.
- This is the first episode to use Mr. Krabs' full name in the title rather than just his surname.
- In the Polish dub when SpongeBob laughs at Bill's name, Bill says, "Yes, I am sure Bill means bill in English but not in Polish."
- When SpongeBob's eyes display blue triangles that read "YES" and "PLEASE," this is a reference to the Magic 8 Ball, a fortune-telling toy.
- Justin Flipperlake is a parody of Justin Timberlake.
- Pearl's "You bet your bottom dollar" line is a reference to a lyric from the song "Tomorrow" from the Broadway musical, Annie.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the 1962 film Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation.
- In one scene in Mr. Krabs' house, Sandy's neck is white instead of brown.
- Fred is blue when he appears in this episode with the tourists. In one scene, he is brown. In the next shot, he is back to being blue.
- Throughout the road trip to the Bikini Bottom Mint, SpongeBob becomes desperate to use the bathroom, but the plot point is cut short, and there was no scene with him using the bathroom, nor is it mentioned for the rest of the episode.
- When Mr. Krabs is laughing and says, "Bathroom Land! Oh, SpongeBob! You kill me!," his eyelashes are transparent instead of brown for a few frames.
- Throughout the episode, Harold wears a white shirt, but when Bill is explaining that they shred old money, he is wearing a tan shirt. It returns to normal in the next shot.