This article is in need of a better quality video. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by uploading a better video.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Mrs. Puff
- Sandy Cheeks (cameo)
- French Narrator
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 60
- Larry the Lobster
- Incidental 17
- Incidental 93
- Incidental 16
- Incidental 10
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 20
- Incidental 7
- Muscular usher (debut)
In the beginning of the short, the French Narrator introduces the Reef Cinema, which is showing a movie called A Sea Star Is Born, which many Bikini Bottomites have gathered to watch. He describes the movie theater as a "magical place for all to enjoy, so long as we follow a few simple rules." Squidward walks in and chooses an open seat next to SpongeBob.
The narrator explains the first rule: to locate the nearest exit in case of an emergency. Squidward looks over at the exit door, where an usher is standing. Patrick walks in and slams the door on the usher. He sits down near Squidward, illustrating the second rule: find a seat before the movie begins.
The next rule is to make sure not to disrupt the film for others. The narrator gives a list of activities not to do: chewing gum, bouncing, hogging the armrest, jellyfishing, hamboning, gargling, and play fighting. SpongeBob and Patrick do all of these activities, annoying Squidward and making him yell at them to sit down and stop ruining his night off.
The narrator introduces the final and most important rule: no talking. Squidward has just broken this rule by yelling, so a muscular usher escorts him out of the theater. SpongeBob tells Patrick to enjoy the movie, but Patrick tells him, "Shh! You’re talking!"
The short was created specifically for Screenvision movie theaters. It was first released online on May 23, 2019, but it made its official debut on May 24 at Screenvision locations across the United States. These theaters played the short before all films rated G and PG from then until August 29.
- The short opens with a ukulele version of Nickelodeon's "Nick Nick Nick" jingle.
- SpongeBob bouncing on his chair is a reference to how he and Patrick dance to the "Goofy Goober Song" in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- Patrick hamboning is a reference to how he and SpongeBob dance during "Now That We're Men," also from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- This is the second time Squidward gets kicked out of a movie theater due to being too loud. The first was in "SpongeBob LongPants."
- This short resembles the short played before The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water called SpongeBob and Patrick's Movie Tips.
- This short precedes The SpongeBob Musical: Live on Stage! but the theater sign is edited to say, "The SpongeBob Musical," and the French Narrator saying, "Ze theater" instead of "Ze cinema."
- In addition, SpongeBob tells Patrick to enjoy the musical instead of the movie.
- The animation style is altered a tiny bit in this short, including cleaner animation and better shading.
- At Reef Cinema, there is a showing for A Sea Star is Born, which parodies the movie A Star is Born.