- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Squidward Tentacles
- Karen Plankton
- Mrs. Puff
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- State officer (debut)
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 105
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 27
- Fred (blue)
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 69
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 106
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 115
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 73
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 22
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 18
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 6
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 155
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 63
- Incidental 81
- Incidental 65
- Old Man Jenkins
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 12
- Three-Headed Jake (debut; cameo)
- Delivery man
During an ordinary afternoon in Bikini Bottom, a vehicle pulls up with a vinyl that reads "City of Bikini Bottom" to start the episode. A fish who is apparently an employee of a company steps out of the car and places a sign with two notes on each side. Both Mr. Krabs and Plankton think this is suspicious and step out of their restaurants to this employee. After the state officer assures himself that the people standing next to him are Eugene Krabs and Sheldon Plankton, he claims the signs are for them. The sign claims that there is now a law that states that two restaurants cannot be within 100 feet of each other.
After hearing that one of their restaurants will be bulldozed if the action is not carried out, Mr. Krabs and Plankton simultaneously measure with measuring tape the distance between the restaurants. It is revealed that their restaurants are exactly 99 feet away, and they have a dispute on whose restaurant is being bulldozed. The employer assures them that they have 24 hours to make that decision. After further disputing, Plankton decides to start a petition in order to save the Chum Bucket, while Mr. Krabs does the same in order to save the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs hands Squidward and SpongeBob petition forms for people to sign. SpongeBob loves the idea, and even signs his name first, while Squidward disappears, leaving his petition on the floor.
SpongeBob heads to Mrs. Puff's classroom, where she is startled at the sight of him. He asks her if she would sign the petition, only for her to question why she would do such a thing. A shipping man walks into the classroom and claims that Mrs. Puff's new boat has arrived. SpongeBob asks the shipping man if he would sign the petition as well, only for him to ask the same question as Mrs. Puff. The shipping man unloads the new boat seconds after, only for SpongeBob to put the car in reverse and for it to crash into the classroom. SpongeBob spots a police officer later on the street and asks him if he would sign the petition. He firmly disagrees and hands SpongeBob a flyer stating that Krabby Patties are dangerous. SpongeBob, knowing that this is the work of Plankton, heads to the Krusty Krab, only for an angry mob disputing at Mr. Krabs. Nat Peterson questions why Krabby Patties are dangerous, only for Mr. Krabs to stutter in his reply.
SpongeBob saves him by bringing out a batch of Krabby Patties and stating they are dangerous due to them being so delicious. The mob calms down from their rage and eats the Krabby Patties. Plankton decides to accept fate and says "goodbye" to his inventions. SpongeBob arrives and cries with Plankton, for he feels that a part of this demolition of the Chum Bucket is somewhat his fault, since he makes the Krabby Patties so delicious. SpongeBob, in his weeping, gives Plankton an idea to give people money to make them sign his petition. Karen reassures him that they are 372 dollars in debt, but Plankton extends the idea. Mr. Krabs then uses his telescope to spy on the Chum Bucket, for it seems Plankton is receiving an abundance of money.
It is shown that Plankton is having a yard sale to make money, yet then he uses said money and sells it for free only if people sign the petition to save the Chum Bucket. Mr. Krabs, angered at the idea, has to accept fate and tells SpongeBob to pack up his belongings in the Krusty Krab. The state officer returns with a bulldozer to bulldoze a restaurant.
Plankton shows he has a majority of the people in Bikini Bottom on his petition, so the state officer has no choice but to bulldoze the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob chain themselves to the restaurant, except for Squidward, who is at home enjoying a glass of lemonade. The state officer gives Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob two chances to move, yet they refuse. He then begins to move the bulldozer forward, while Plankton pulls up a seat, watching over. The state officer turns out to only push the Krusty Krab backwards and measures the distance he moved the restaurant, being exactly one more foot.
Plankton is enraged and questions why he saw no destruction. The state officer responds he only wanted to make sure the restaurant met the requirements of the new law. Plankton, in his fit of rage, becomes stuck in his foldable chair. SpongeBob is reassured that the Krusty Krab will not be shut down and then proceeds to hop into the bulldozer, hugging the state officer so much that he is unaware he set the bulldozer in reverse.
The bulldozer smashes through the Chum Bucket and Plankton is finally able to escape from the chair and sees his restaurant destroyed. He then places himself back into the foldable chair so he does not have to see the restaurant in its smashed remains, as the episode ends.
- Squidward disappearing out of disinterest in helping save the Krusty Krab.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Another Best Day Ever - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["What's the big idea?"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (E) - Ronald Hanmer ["Bulldozed?!"]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton's tape measure retracts.]
• Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["So which one of us is gonna get bulldozed?"]
• Silly Bob Conversation 2 - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Pack your bags, pipsqueak!"]
• Short Military Bridge - Nicolas Carr ["Squidward! SpongeBob!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward is gone.]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [SpongeBob goes to boating school.]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [SpongeBob asks Mrs. Puff to sign the petition/The deliverer appears.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'll unload the boat."]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 4 - Phil Green [SpongeBob shifts the boat into reverse.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16 - Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff inflates.]
• The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob asks someone else to sign the petition.]
‣ Cloak and Dagger [#70] - Phil Green [flyers all over the place]
‣ Creeping Up [#63] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [angry crowd of people at the Krusty Krab]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Delicious!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Plankton growls.]
• Salt Water Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["That does it!"]
‣ Stealth by Night - Jack Coles [Karen calculates their checking account balance.]
• Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Three-Headed Jake]
• Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr [Someone gives Plankton money.]
‣ Busy Life - Cedric King-Palmer [Plankton having a yard sale]
‣ Circus Parade (a) - Dick Stephen Walter ["Who wants free money?"]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 1 - Phil Green ["This is outrageous!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 24 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward laughs hysterically.]
‣ Guerilla Warfare [#22] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["I got the signatures!"]
• Dirgey - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs packing their things]
‣ Winds of War [#8] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [The bulldozer arrives.]
‣ Entry of the Heroes (d) - Gregor F. Narholz [Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob chain themselves to the Krusty Krab.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Squidward?"]
‣ Tense Struggle - Sam Spence ["Okay, now this is really your last chance."]
‣ Harry the Hippo [#55] - Phil Green ["What?!"]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [tape measure]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield ["That's one more foot."]
• Aloha Bikini Bottom - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["So you're not gonna destroy the Krusty Krab?"]
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on SpongeBob, You're Fired!, Complete Eighth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 14, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Next 100 Episodes and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- The title card shows the measuring tape used by Mr. Krabs and Plankton to determine the distance of their restaurants.
- This episode was paired with "Chum Fricassee" when it premiered.
- When Incidental 41 shouts out "Free money!," he sounds exactly like Patrick.
- Considering Mrs. Puff did not have a good time working at the Krusty Krab in "Summer Job," it would make sense why she would not care about what happens to the Krusty Krab now.
- This episode marks of the few times when the conflict between Plankton and Mr. Krabs is not centered around the secret formula.
- In the French dub, both restaurants must be within 100 meters of each other.
- Plankton sitting on a mini chair and eating popcorn while watching the supposed demolition of the Krusty Krab bears some similarity to him doing the same thing while watching King Neptune about to kill Mr. Krabs in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- This is the last SpongeBob SquarePants episode to air in the 4:3 aspect ratio.
- The vegetable cooker from "Perfect Chemistry" makes a return when Plankton walks around all of his inventions.
- The names on Plankton's petition are actually the names of various members of the SpongeBob crew.
- The sign with the updated ordinances disappears throughout the episode.
- When everyone comes to Plankton for free money, there are many duplicated fish.