- Frank (citizen)
- Tina Fran
- Vera Fishbowl
- Harold (red fish)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sea bears
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Cashina (debut)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Jellyfish (mentioned)
- Cashina's date (mentioned)
- Fred (green; blue; purple)
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Nat's date (debut)
- Pearl Krabs
- Prince Charming (mentioned)
- Squidward Tentacles (cameo)
- Patrick Star
- Martha Smith
- Miss Shell
- Mrs. Puff (cameo)
- Nathiel Waters
- Mevis (purple, looks different)
- Norma Rechid
- Other wedding guests
Plankton has another attempt to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula using sea bears, but SpongeBob stops him by tickling the sea bears and covering himself with Jellyfish Honey, which sea bears crave. Then Plankton and Mr. Krabs argue, and after Mr. Krabs says that he likes money a lot, Plankton says, "If you love money so much, why don’t you marry it?" Mr. Krabs says that it's not such a bad idea, giving Plankton an idea.
That night, Mr. Krabs takes out the trash from the Krusty Krab and hears someone crying. He spots a small lady made out of dollar bills on a nearby bench and is easily smitten. Mr. Krabs asks why she was crying and she says that her date was supposed to take her to the bank but stood her up. The lady introduces herself as Cashina, and Mr. Krabs asks if he could take her out to dinner. Cashina says that she would love to. Unknown to Mr. Krabs, however, Cashina is actually a robot piloted by Plankton who intends to scam Mr. Krabs into giving him the secret formula.
While eating spaghetti at Fancy!, Cashina asks Mr. Krabs if he knows any secrets or formulas. Mr. Krabs mentions that he knows one... but for delicious kisses. He then proceeds to kiss Cashina, but Plankton quickly presses a button that replaces her lips with ones that electrocute him on contact. Nevertheless, he took the kiss well.
At Mr. Krabs' house, Pearl finds out about his relationship with Cashina and disapproves it, claiming that she doesn’t want a stepmother like the ones she saw in the movies because then she won't get her "Prince Charming." In an attempt to change her mind, Mr. Krabs introduces Pearl to Cashina. However, Pearl immediately doesn't like her and storms off to her bedroom. Mr. Krabs wants to talk to Pearl, but Cashina says that she will do it alone. She successfully manages to get Pearl to like her, talking about girl stuff. Witnessing this, Mr. Krabs decides to propose to Cashina, bringing Plankton one step closer to finding out the formula.
The next day, SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward set up wedding decorations all over the Krusty Krab. As the wedding between Mr. Krabs and Cashina takes place, the two exchange vows and then kiss, causing Mr. Krabs to be electrocuted again. Thus, Mr. Krabs and Cashina are officially married. SpongeBob then provides Cashina a bouquet of flowers to toss towards a group of ladies attending the wedding, but Patrick catches and swallows the whole bouquet. At the reception, SpongeBob wonders where Plankton was the whole time as Mr. Krabs dances with Cashina and swings her around, causing Plankton to become dizzy and throwing up.
Mr. Krabs and Cashina go to Honeymoon Hotel where he proceeds to kiss her again, only to be stopped. Cashina asks Mr. Krabs to tell her the secret formula and he says that he will. However, just as Mr. Krabs is about to tell her the formula, he starts sweating nervously and his eyes get watery. A teardrop falls on Cashina, causing her to malfunction and explode, revealing Plankton inside it. Mr. Krabs, shocked at the revelation, starts to get angry, but then gets depressed. He says that he's been alone for so long and that it was the first time that he fell for someone, and that although Cashina wasn't real, his feelings were. Plankton just concludes that he was being crazy and runs out of the room, declaring that he will get the formula one day. Mr. Krabs breaks down sobbing, and a bellhop tries to console him, only to say that he has to tip him. Mr. Krabs then stashes away the money from when Cashina exploded and gives the bellhop a nickel and when he caught it the nickel landed in a bowl of pea soup.
Vincent Waller confirmed this episode on Twitter on September 1, 2015. It was confirmed that this episode would premiere after the episodes "Mall Girl Pearl" and "Two Thumbs Down" in airing order.
It was also planned that Mr. Krabs would be marrying a bag of money. However, this idea was later changed to a stack of cash known as Cashina for unknown reasons, possibly because it makes more sense for it to be a stack of cash.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr [Title card.]
‣ Agitation Bridge 5 - Phil Green [Everyone running out of the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Agitation Bridge 6 - Phil Green [Sea bears surrounding Mr. Krabs.]
‣ Agitation Bridge 2 - Phil Green ["Nothing can turn them from their central purpose!"]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Who wants their tummies tickled?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["No! Come back!"]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["Money makes the world go round and makes me heart go pound."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [The mouth of Mr. Krabs becomes a cash register.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Would you, now?"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs kicks Plankton back to the Chum Bucket.]
• Sad Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs leaves the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs hears sobbing.]
‣ Down in Davy Jones' Locker - Nicolas Carr ["Um... hello, miss?"]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs falls in love looking a stack of cash.]
‣ Unknown Track 37 - Nicolas Carr ["My knight in shining exoskeleton!"]
‣ Dream Date - Emil Cadkin, William Loose, Phil Green [Cashina introduces herself.]
‣ Drama Sting 5 - Steve Marston [Cashina is really Plankton in disguise.]
‣ Sulla Riviera - Bruno Bertoli [At a fancy restaurant.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, I finally did it."]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr [Krabs at home kissing locket.]
‣ Lonely Heart's Club (a) - Otto Sieben, David Bell [Pearl walks in on Krabs.]
‣ Cute and Lovable - Phil Green [Cashina enters at Krabs' house.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Barnacles of Pearl's feet.]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Stop trying to mom at me, lady!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Let me talk to her."]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Pearl and Cashina are friends.]
‣ Grand Pastures [#28] - Harry Bluestone [Krabs proposes to Cashina.]
‣ Closing the Door - Nicolas Carr ["Perfect!"]
• Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs prepares for his wedding.]
• Aloha Bikini Bottom - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Decorating the Krusty Krab for the wedding.]
‣ Bridal Chorus - Richard Wagner [Plays an organ.]
‣ Dreaming Flowers - Gustav Lange, Krassimira Ziegler, Gerhard Kanzian [Krabs and Cashina exchange vows.]
‣ Wedding March (Home Organ Version) - (sped-up) Geoff Bastow, Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy [Krabs kisses Cashina.]
• Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Bouquet.]
‣ Zampano's Waltz - Xavier Demerliac, Florence Caillon [Krabs dancing with Cashina.]
‣ Maui Beach - Hans Haider [Krabs and Cashina arrive at Honeymoon Hotel.]
‣ Cold Sweat - John Scott [Krabs says he'll whisper the secret formula.]
‣ Excited Tension 2 - Phil Green [Krabs gets emotional.]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["So... here goes."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton's disguise revealed.]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney ["Plankton?!"]
‣ Drama Link (h) - Hubert Clifford ["You monster!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["You're not gonna crush me?"]
‣ Broken Hearted Frycook - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Oh, I've been alone for so long."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton leaves.]
• Sad Sack Shanty - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs crying.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs picks up all the remains of Cashina.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob LongPants, Complete Ninth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- In Germany, the episode aired on Friday, April 29, 2016, and then in Poland on the same day. In the United States, it finally aired on May 3, 2016. It would then later go on to premiere in Canada on July 8 of the same year.
- This is the first episode to use the "Lonely Heart's Club (a)" track since "Single Cell Anniversary."
- This is the second episode to air for the May 2016 premiere week.
- This is the third time when a character gets married. The first is Patrick and Pole at the end of "Krabby Kronicle," and the second is Mr. Krabs and Ma Angler at the end of "Trenchbillies."
- SpongeBob and Sandy also got married in "Truth or Square," although it was just a play.
- This is the fifth time Plankton disguises himself in order to get the Krabby Patty formula. The previous times were "Imitation Krabs," "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy," "Gramma's Secret Recipe," and "Shellback Shenanigans."
- This episode was temporarily paired up with "Lost in Bikini Bottom" when it premiered on May 3, 2016.
- During the first United States airing of this episode, in some areas, a weekly test of the Emergency Alert System for cable broadcasting interrupted the program.
- This episode is similar to "Safe Deposit Krabs" and "Money Talks," where Mr. Krabs falls in love with money, although he is hallucinating. It is also similar to "Enemy In-Law," where Plankton falls in love with Betsy Krabs via a "robot" to get the formula.
- Mr. Krabs mentions he has never told anyone the Krabby Patty formula before, even though he has told SpongeBob, as revealed in "Truth or Square" and the SpongeBob Copies in "CopyBob DittoPants."
- In the Polish dub, the episode's title is "Żona Forsa," which translates to "Money Wife."
- Mrs. Puff attends the wedding despite being in a relationship with Mr. Krabs.
- The line "The name's Krabs, Eugene Krabs," is a reference to the James Bond films, where Bond says "The name's Bond, James Bond."
- Pearl saying that she saw stepmothers in movies, saying she would make her sweep up the cinders and won’t let her go to the ball, is a reference to Cinderella.
- The spaghetti scene is a reference to the 1955 Walt Disney film "Lady and the Tramp."
- During the bird's eye view of the wedding, the Galley Grub and Order Here sign are missing.
- In some shots where the sea bears attack the Krusty Krab, the Galley Grub sign changes positions to either in front of the door leading to Mr. Krabs office or beside it.
- When Cashina blows up and exposes, the money lands all on the floor, but when the angle changes, the money is seen on the sofa.
- After Pearl says she is not wearing shoes, she is seen wearing her white boots in the next scene.
- When Mr. Krabs first sees Cashina, the street light has a "Bus" sign on it. When Mr. Krabs punches the street light, the sign is gone.
- Mr. Krabs getting electrocuted anytime he kisses Cashina.