- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mermaid Pants
- Patrick Star
- Barnacle Star
- Realistic Fish Head (voice only)
- Man Ray
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mermaid Man (cameo)
- Barnacle Boy (cameo)
- Old lady (debut)
- Rusty Cab driver
The episode starts out with SpongeBob and Patrick playing Junior Crime Breakers, until they see Squidward walking out of his house with luggage. SpongeBob and Patrick beg Squidward to remain in Bikini Bottom, thinking he is moving away. Squidward tells them he is taking a vacation and tells SpongeBob and Patrick not to bother the guest who is renting his house while on vacation. SpongeBob and Patrick continue to play Junior Crime Breakers when they see a taxi stop at Squidward's house. Then a person steps out of the cab, only for it to be Man Ray. The TV Narrator introduces him, and Man Ray tells him he is on vacation. As Man Ray goes inside, SpongeBob and Patrick try to run up to him, but they didn't get to him in time. Unknowingly, SpongeBob tells Patrick that he should be in their Junior Crime Breakers team.
SpongeBob and Patrick try sneaking into the house, but that fails. So SpongeBob and Patrick decide to give him a sand pie to welcome him to Bikini Bottom. When Man Ray opens the door, SpongeBob gives him the pie and they walk in. They sit down and SpongeBob mentions about the Junior Crime Breakers to him. Patrick says he isn't giving any snacks for them, so Man Ray gives him the pie, and he returns to the bathroom. SpongeBob and Patrick go to the bathroom to ask him about their Junior Crime Breakers team, but they realize this person is actually Man Ray.
SpongeBob and Patrick retreat from of Squidward's house and into Shady Shoals Rest Home. SpongeBob finds Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy in a frozen chamber, while Patrick thinks they are ice pops. SpongeBob then realizes they are taking their cryonic nap, and they will wake up in a week. So they decide that they will have to be Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, and stop Man Ray's "evil" vacation. They take their rings, and unite them causing an explosion. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy then abruptly awake from their nap due to the explosion.
They arrive at Squidward's house, now as Mermaid Pants, and Barnacle Star. They climb a pile of trash cans up to the top windows. Patrick causes the pile of trash cans to fall down, awakening Man Ray from his nap while they hang from the window. They go into Squidward's house, and Patrick accidentally kicks SpongeBob into a shelf, breaking the shelf. Man Ray believes there are intruders upstairs, so he goes to look for a weapon. As SpongeBob and Patrick rummage through Squidward's items, they find their weapons. SpongeBob has a box full of stale cookies, and Patrick has a broken picture frame. Man Ray finds his weapon, an umbrella. SpongeBob and Patrick stumbles down the stairs, and confront Man Ray. SpongeBob and Patrick tell him to surrender, but Man Ray tells them he is on Holiday.
They still don't believe him, so Patrick throws his broken picture frame at Man Ray. However Man Ray opens his umbrella, and the picture frame bounces off of it and hits and destroys a huge red vase. SpongeBob then throws the stale cookies at Man Ray, but he runs away from them, as the cookies destroy Squidward's figurines. Man Ray takes cover from the cookies behind the sofa. He then throws the sofa at SpongeBob and Patrick, destroying a part of the house, and causing them to nearly fall out of the house. Patrick then gets spun around by Man Ray and thrown, hitting a glass shelf full of clarinets. SpongeBob then takes three clarinets and snares Man Ray with the clarinets. Patrick then charges at Man Ray and jumps onto him. As Man Ray is trying to get Patrick off of him, Man Ray breaks through the roof and gets them off of him.
Man Ray states he just wanted a vacation, but they still don't believe him. So Man Ray then switches into his villain clothes, and they continue fighting, but they get scared by the thunder and lightning, and they fall back down to the ground floor. Squidward then calls Man Ray to tell him that he is returning home, due to the change of weather. Squidward says he will give him a full refund as long there is no damage to his house. Man Ray then leaves claiming that he gave Squidward a phony check, and SpongeBob and Patrick are left to deal with the damage. SpongeBob and Patrick realize that they have super saliva, and glue everything in the house back together using their spit. Squidward returns to his house, to see that everything is normal and that his guest has already left. So Squidward slams the door, causing his house to collapse, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Man, Go Man! - Ralph Dollimore [Title card.]
‣ Discovery - Benny Carter [SpongeBob and Patrick watching for criminal activity.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 12 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Aw... We were just starting to get close."]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob and Patrick are seen as bottom feeders.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward leaves.]
‣ Junior Crime Breakers - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees a taxi in front of Squidward's house.]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [Man Ray gets out of the taxi.]
‣ Junior Crime Breakers - Nicolas Carr ["Wouldn't it be great to have another friend to join our Junior Crime Breakers?"]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["So we gotta be sneaky."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 14 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's eye flattened.]
‣ Flower Display - Jack Shaindlin [SpongeBob and Patrick welcome the new neighbor with a hamper sand pie.]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld [SpongeBob and Patrick discover that the new neighbor is Man Ray.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Man Ray sees that SpongeBob and Patrick have gone.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17 - Jeremy Wakefield [May Ray shrugs.]
‣ Drama Link (h) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob starts alerting Mermaid Man about Man Ray.]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld [Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy frozen.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 5 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy ice pops!"]
‣ Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Action Theme - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Pat Irwin [SpongeBob reading Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's magazine.]
‣ Adventure - Ronald Hanmer ["Patrick, do you know what this means?"]
‣ Arizona Fanfare - Jack Shaindlin ["By the power of Neptune, Mermaid Pants and Barnacle Star unite!"]
• Mermaid Man Sting - Nicolas Carr [Transition to Squidward's house.]
‣ Man, Go Man! - Ralph Dollimore [SpongeBob and Patrick climbing trash cans.]
‣ Pell-Mell - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Patrick enter through the window at Squidward's house.]
‣ Bahia Baby - Wolfgang Kaltenbach [Man Ray hears a noise upstairs.]
‣ Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Action Theme - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Pat Irwin [SpongeBob and Patrick looking through Squidward's stuff.]
‣ The Lineman - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Patrick fighting with Man Ray.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I just wanted a vacation!"]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld ["Help yourself, Man Ray."]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #3 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [Man Ray becomes evil again.]
‣ Hawaiian Happiness - Jon Jelmer [Squidward tells Man Ray he's coming home.]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld ["That idiot octopus doesn't know I gave him a phony check!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 20 - Jeremy Wakefield [Man Ray leaves Squidward's house.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield [Scuba-driver drives away.]
‣ Glory Road - Sam Fonteyn ["Maybe one day, Man Ray will reform and join the Junior Crime Breakers."]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks 30 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick see Squidward's house destroyed.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks 16 - Jeremy Wakefield ["He really trashed this place."]
‣ Adventure - Ronald Hanmer ["Okay, Barnacle Star, let's be super good and glue all of Squidward's stuff back together!"]
• Mermaid Man Sting - Nicolas Carr [Second transition.]
‣ Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Action Theme - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Pat Irwin [SpongeBob and Patrick putting Squidward's things back together with saliva.]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr [Squidward's house is clean.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 26 - Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 17, SpongeBob Schwammkopf, Staffel 11, Vol. 1, The Complete Eleventh Season, and Stuck on the Roof DVDs.
- The title card background has the same pattern as that of "The Check-Up," but the background is pink and the checks are replaced with Man Ray's head.
- In the [[Губка Боб Квадратные Штаны|Russian dub], the TV narrator sounds like the French Narrator.
- Although Squidward has no problem going without pants and shoes, his suitcase is shown to contain underwear, shorts with four legs, socks, stockings, and dress shoes.
- It also contains a bra for comedic effect.
- Man Ray breaks the fourth wall by acknowledging the TV narrator.
- This episode reveals that Squidward has a collection of clarinets at home.
- Mermaid Pants uses clarinets when fighting Man Ray the same way as Sour Note.
- This is the first episode to use the APM track "Dancing the Hula" since "The Abrasive Side."
- This episode marks the first physical appearance of Man Ray since "Patrick-Man!," as he only appears in a comic book in "Trident Trouble."
- This episode marks the first physical appearance of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy since "Mall Girl Pearl."
- Their current state of being frozen is meant to be a subtle reference to their retirement from the show due to their voice actors' deaths.
- This marks the second appearance of Mermaid Pants and Barnacle Star.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob and Patrick attack Man Ray for no reason though they could've attacked him because they thought he was going to do something evil in Squidward's house. The first being "Shuffleboarding."
- Coincidentally, Man Ray also fails to realize it's SpongeBob and Patrick in costumes in both episodes.
- The comic cover for Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Issue #55 is a direct nod to Action Comics 1.
- Scuber is an allusion to Uber.