- Incidental 20
- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Little boy (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Pianist for the unnamed band (blue)
- Loser (original storyboard)
- Incidental 186
- Bobbed brunette fish
- The Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Fan Club member
- Other customers
- Teddy fish (debut)
- Chicken (debut)
- Sea chimp toys (debut)
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 152
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 9
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 5
- Children of the Lost and Found (debut)
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 158
- Incidental 67
- Billy (purple kid)
- Other classmates of Squidward
- Sea snails
- Miners (debut)
- Extinct marine reptiles
- Ginger's mother (debut)
- Ginger's father (mentioned)
- Old Man Jenkins
- Incidental 82
- Elderly shark
- King Neptune (mentioned)
At the Krusty Krab, as SpongeBob serves a customer his Krabby Patty, he hears a child crying in the distance. Mr. Krabs tells him that it is because he lost his teddyfish he was playing with. The kid's loud crying begins to drive the customers out of the restaurant. To save his business, Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to retrieve the teddyfish from the Krusty Krab's Lost and Found, which is located below the kitchen floor.
While in the Lost and Found, SpongeBob gets distracted by all of the stuff he finds on the shelves and plays with some of it. He then finds a Bikini Bottom snow globe and shakes it out of enthusiasm, which causes the town to ramble and the citizens to scream as if an earthquake were occurring. Meanwhile, with the child still crying, Mr. Krabs wants to know what is taking SpongeBob so long. Squidward comes in the kitchen to complain about the excessive crying and Krabs tells him that SpongeBob might be lost in the Lost and Found. Although this does not concern Squidward, he is forced by Mr. Krabs him to go down there and find him.
The snow globe that SpongeBob shook turns out to attract a group of elderly children who have been trapped in the Krusty Krab's Lost and Found for 60 years. Upon talking to them, SpongeBob sees the teddyfish he is supposed to bring back in one of the kids' hands. SpongeBob then snatches it from Ginger, explaining that he needs to return it to a crying child and rushes to find an exit. Angered, the children follow him and Ginger demands her teddyfish back.
Back at the Krusty Krab, due to SpongeBob's elongated absence in the kitchen, the restaurant loses service, much to Mr. Krabs' horror.
Meanwhile, Squidward tries to exit the Lost and Found as well, by pulling the handle of an "emergency exit," which then turns out to be a grease trap. Thereafter, a river of grease is released and flows through the Lost and Found, nearly clogging its capacity.
SpongeBob realizes the grease flowing, commenting that he has not cleaned out the grease trap in 10 years. Realizing this, each of the children get on each other's shoulders to stay alive. However, SpongeBob has a better idea.
Shortly after, SpongeBob returns from the Lost and Found and bring back the child's teddyfish. Not only that, but he also brings Ginger and the other lost children back to their respective parents (who regularly visited the restaurant to find them). However, Squidward is still lost in the Lost and Found.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Salty Squid Jig - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [Title card]
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [A child starts crying.]
‣ Stool Pigeon - Kenny Graham [SpongeBob goes to the Lost and Found.]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [SpongeBob reaches for the light switch.]
‣ Space Horizons - Wolf Helling [SpongeBob sees all the lost stuff.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's eyes bug out.]
‣ Happy Jose - Ulrich Wenzel [SpongeBob puts on sunglasses.]
‣ Unknown Track 57 - "What a funny echo."
‣ A Christmas Suite - Richard Harvey ["Hey!"]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["Tchotchkes!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (u) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob takes novelty teeth.]
‣ Quango Tango - Jim Blake [Tango music]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees a snow globe.]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond Jones [Bikini Bottom rumbles.]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Hey, Mr. Krabs, you know that annoying crying kid?"]
‣ Sneeky - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob sees the lost children.]
‣ Stool Pigeon - Kenny Graham ["We were the children, lost in the Krusty Krab over 60 years ago, and we were never claimed."]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (V) - Jeremy Wakefield [An old kid is dragged away.]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Food made of candy]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - "That's the teddyfish!"
‣ Stool Pigeon - Kenny Graham ["Grr! This? I found it, so... finders keepers."]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob grabs the toy and runs.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield [The lost children slowly chase SpongeBob.]
‣ A Simple Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward looks for SpongeBob/Squidward finds a box with all his clarinets.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob steps on Squidward's clarinets.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [The clarinets break.]
‣ Spooky - Kenny Graham ["Squidward? SpongeBob?"]
‣ Dirgey - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston ["It's the curse of the Lost and Found."]
‣ Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [The child is still crying.]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob is still being chased.]
‣ Happy Woodcutter - Pierre Jean Gidon [At the lost diamond mine]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Diamonds are nailed at SpongeBob.]
‣ Monster Bug (a) - Gregor Narholz [At the lost dinosaur world]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward sees a hatch.]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor Narholz [Squidward gets covered in a flood of grease.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm?"]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor Narholz ["Oh, no! I haven't cleaned the grease trap in years!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs starts crying with the little kid.]
• Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob emerges from the Lost and Found with the lost children.]
‣ Monster Bug (a) - Gregor Narholz [The ending]
- This episode is available on The Complete Tenth Season, Mini SpongeBob and SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 17 DVDs.
- This episode was mistakenly said by Vincent Waller on Twitter to be written by Kaz. It was actually written by Dani Michaeli.
- Many items from older episodes and The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie can be seen on the Lost and Found shelves. These include:
- Patrick's secret box ("The Secret Box")
- King Neptune's crown (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie)
- Goofy Goober guitar (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie)
- Squidward's soufflé ("Naughty Nautical Neighbors")
- A Goofy Goober costume (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie)
- The map of Finland ("Frankendoodle," "Accidents Will Happen," The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water)
- The magical bag of winds (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie)
- A Goofy Goober hat (The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie)
- The Idiot box ("Idiot Box")
- The soda drinking hat ("One Krabs Trash")
- The toothbrush from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
- The glasses Plankton uses in "F.U.N."
- The guard worm ("The Lost Mattress")
- Gary's toy ball ("Gary's New Toy")
- Squidward and SpongeBob were unaware of the Lost and Found, despite being employees to the Krusty Krab for several years.
- Mr. Krabs remarks he should put up a sign to make it easier to discover.
- SpongeBob dancing to a rubber chicken became a popular meme.
- It is revealed that Squidward played a kazoo as a child.
- It is also revealed that he was very bad at playing it, but he thought he was good.
- Squidward mentions Mr. Krabs' navy locker from the episode "Squidward in Clarinetland" and all the clarinets inside it.
- There is an online game based on this episode called Lost Treasures.
- The Magic 8-Ball toy can be seen on a shelf in the Lost and Found. The Magic 8-Ball is also seen in the sister episode "The Getaway."
- The scene where SpongeBob and the lost older children run through the lost mine is a reference to the mine scene in the 1937 animated film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- The "Lost World" where SpongeBob and the lost kids run through is a reference to the 1912 novel The Lost World, where characters encounter a part of the world in which long extinct species still survive.
- "Yoda" from Star Wars can be seen on the left of the Gee-Gaws shelf.
- The "BATMAN" symbol can be seen while SpongeBob's playing with the joke stuff.
- When SpongeBob first hears the child crying, the Krabby Patty he is holding in his hand is lettuce first, then patty. A few frames later, it's patty first, then lettuce.
- SpongeBob and the unnamed child are shown next to the condiments, but when one of the lost children grabs the teddy fish, the condiments gone.
- When Mr. Krabs hits Ginger, she does not open her mouth.
- When this episode originally aired in Germany on September 15, 2017, the title card said "Flucht vor dem Fahrer," which is supposed to be the German title of the sister episode, "The Getaway." On November 26, 2017, the episode aired in Germany with a new and corrected title card.
- The same error happens in the sister episode "The Getaway" where the title card says, "Fundsachen" which is supposed to be the German title of this episode.
- As a result, in Germany, this episode has two title cards.