- SpongeBob SquarePants (cameo)
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Patrick Star
- Larry the Lobster (cameo)
- Bikini Bottomites
In the beginning of the episode, Karen gets mad at Plankton for always putting the secret formula before their relationship, so she locks down the Chum Bucket and won't let Plankton leave until they spend one interruption free, romantic night together. Plankton pretends to be making a meal for her, while trying to get the secret formula. Patrick passes by, and Plankton tries to get him to bring the formula into the Chum Bucket, to no avail. Plankton then decides to turn Patrick into a replica of himself to trick Karen into thinking it is actually Plankton, while the real Plankton tries to find a way to retrieve the formula. Once Karen decides to release the formula, Plankton takes notice, and accidentally appears alongside Patrick. Karen gets mad again, doesn't give him the formula and decides to lock Plankton into a blimp ride, as the episode ends.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Pe'i Tau'eva B - Kapono Beamer [Title card]
‣ Ladies In Waiting No.1 - Cyril Watters [Plankton and Karen having a date on an air balloon]
‣ Esta Noche B - Hans Ehrlinger [Plankton dressed as Ray Ray]
• Ahoy Landlubbers - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets in his boat to go home]
‣ Esta Noche B - Hans Ehrlinger [Plankton sees the secret formula on the floor]
‣ Droopy - Arthur Wilkinson ["Hold that thought, baby. I-I forgot something down here. I'll be right back!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (E) - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton launches from the air balloon to take the secret formula]
• Idea Vibe - Nicolas Carr [Plankton can't grab the secret formula]
‣ Lets Play Tag - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Plankton sees he can't touch the secret formula]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Secret formula disappears]
‣ Tiptoe Footsteps - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Plankton looking everywhere for the secret formula]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] ["Is this some kind of a horrible nightmare?!"]
‣ Laughter Muted Trumpet - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] ["A projector?"]
• ? - Rimshot
‣ Bad Slide - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] ["You tricked me with a simulation?!"]
• The Donut Dilema - Nicolas Carr [Karen scolds Plankton for failing again on their date]
‣ My Sweetheart - Walter Noack ["But babycakes! I left to go get the Krabby Patty secret formula. For me and you. You know, for us."]
‣ Chase To The Finish - Alan Wynn [Karen lockdowns the Chum Bucket]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Karen throws Plankton away]
‣ Light-Hearted Links (1-6) - Eric Spear [Plankton making the dinner for Karen while he sees Krabs getting on his boat to go home]
‣ Six Comedy-Mysterioso Links 5 - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton sees the secret formula on the floor and tries to escape from the Chum Bucket]
‣ Light-Hearted Links (1-6) - Eric Spear ["Just adding the finishing touches."]
‣ Sliding 2 - Hans Ehrlinger, Roy Etzel ["Slow it down, you maniac!"]
‣ Slip 'n Slide - Stephen Bulla, Jeff Kidwell [Plankton orders Patrick to grab the secret formula bottle]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr [Patrick and the secret formula are gone]
‣ Slip 'n Slide - Stephen Bulla, Jeff Kidwell [Patrick shows up inside the Chum Bucket without the secret formula]
• Unknown Track 113 - ["A thin piece of glass is all that stands between me and what I want most in the world. Why is life so unfair?!"]
‣ Hide And Seek - Arthur Wilkinson ["Oh, honey, is dinner almost ready? I'm famished!"]
• Got It - Nicolas Carr ["Idea!"]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Plankton slices Patrick to his own size]
‣ Tiptoe Footsteps - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Plankton gouges out one of Patrick's eyes]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger [Plankton dresses Patrick as Ray Ray]
‣ Esta Noche B - Hans Ehrlinger ["Ray Ray" serves dinner to Karen]
• Sneaky Panther Pants - Nicolas Carr [Plankton starts making a hole in Chum Bucket's wall]
• A Short Fishy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton massaging Karen's wheels]
• Ahoy Landlubbers - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs driving his boat in his way home]
‣ Death Trap [#25] - Gregor Narholz [Krabs notices the secret formula is not on his boat]
‣ Frantic Pursuit - Barry Tattenhall [Krabs returns to the Krusty Krab and starts looking for his formula]
‣ Six Comedy-Mysterioso Links 1 - Ronald Hanmer ["Plankton... I know you have me formula!! So just hand it over!!!"]
‣ Lazybones - Xavier Edmunds, Zoltan Biscotti [Karen hears knocks on the door]
‣ Comedy Chase Sequence - Paul Andrew Williams ["The formula is finally mine!"]
• New Vibe Hits 2007 - Nicolas Carr [Krabs sees Plankton trying to get the secret formula into the Chum Bucket]
‣ Comedy Chase Sequence - Paul Andrew Williams [Krabs and Plankton pulling from the formula]
‣ Charming Waltz - Cedric Palmer [Karen tells "Ray Ray" she syntetized the secret formula]
• Slide Whistle Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton lets Krabs go with the secret formula]
‣ Happy Jose - Ulrich Wenzel [Plankton dresses again as Ray Ray]
• Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Karen about to reveal the secret formula to "Ray Ray"]
• Birth of the Krabby Patty - Nicolas Carr [Ray Ray appears along with "Ray Ray"]
• The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Karen gets angry at Plankton and deletes the secret formula]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ Ladies In Waiting No.1 - Cyril Watters [Plankton and Karen having another date on an air balloon]
• ? - Patrick playing the violin badly on the air balloon
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 17B - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick singing badly]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 19 - Jeremy Wakefield [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 21 digital collection.
- This episode, and "A Place for Pets" preceded the series premiere of the Nickelodeon game show Unleashed, because of this, there were countdown screenbugs at the left corner on the Nick logo for both episodes.
- This episode was leaked on Amazon Prime Video in Canada on October 16, 2020 before airing in the United States.
- This is the first episode to be originally produced for season 13.
- In Canada, this episode was originally going to air on October 19, 2020, but was later postponed, and got replaced with a rerun of "Cuddle E. Hugs" and "Pat the Horse."
- This and "A Place for Pets" are the only season 13 episodes to have a 2020 copyright date.
- This episode has the lowest viewed season premiere in the series with only 0.85 million viewers.
- The episode's title card is similar to the title cards of "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" and "Enemy In-Law," only in widescreen.
- This episode and "A Place for Pets" are the only ones to have the copyright trademark in the end credits use "ViacomCBS International Inc." instead of "Viacom International." The following episode, "Under the Small Top/Squidward's Sick Daze", switched it back to Viacom International Inc.
- Most TV guides and some streaming services list this episode as a season 12 episode, despite it being in season 13.
- It's possible because its sister episode was originally going to be a season 12 episode.
- It also might just be a mistake because of the airing order of this episode and its sister episode, as both premiered before season 12 finished airing.
- This episode marks SpongeBob's smallest cameo, beating "Mall Girl Pearl" and "Shell Games," appearing only for 5 seconds. He is only heard panting and breathing, making this the third episode where SpongeBob only has non-verbal dialogue after "Reef Blower" and "Whale Watching."
- Plankton's outfit in this episode is the same outfit he wears during his date with Karen in "Grandmum's the Word."
- Karen's "kissy face" screensaver from that episode and "Bottle Burglars" also returns in this episode, as well as Plankton's alter ego as Ray Ray.
- Plankton's outfit includes a wig, however it is loosely implied in "Krabby Road" that he can grow hair, so the reason he still uses a wig is unclear.
- Plankton saying, "Please! Let's talk about this." is reused from The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.
- When Karen gets error while counting the number of times Plankton failed on his date simulation, her screen shows "Y2K", which is the name of a computer bug that occurred on January 1, 2000, due to formatting error in several computer programs that used two-digit year format instead of four-digit.
- When Plankton does his puppy eyes, his eyebrow is missing.
- ^ https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/696633695364186162/810926864373252176/unknown.png
- ^ https://cartoonlounge.de/tv-programm/channels.php?id=360&hl=en&time_zone=CET&date=2021-11-18
- ^ https://mentrum.hu/2021/10/a-nickelodeon-novemberi-ujdonsagai
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1144975599636627456