Cities and towns
Bikini Bottom is the main setting in SpongeBob SquarePants. Bikini Bottom is a moderately sized city which, according to Squidward, is in the middle of nowhere. It consists of many businesses, including restaurants, stores, and manufacturers. This city also has a booming economy, balanced educational and health systems, a well-structured government, and an exceptional law enforcement system. There are even stadiums, amusement parks, and other recreational facilities.its population is over.
Rock Bottom is a deep sea trench located beneath Bikini Bottom. In fact, the road from there to here is so perfectly vertical, it can only be accessed by bus. The road down to Rock Bottom is exactly 90˚. Everything is pitch black except for a few street lights, and everyone in Rock Bottom speaks a language the same as English, except they blow a raspberry in between every two to four syllables. There is also a Kandy Machine as well as restrooms (though foreigners can't tell which room's for men and for women for they have 2 ?s 1 up-side-up & 1 upside-down). A Bus Station is present, in which SpongeBob had a hard time catching one (as it kept arriving just as he looked away from the stop). Merlin's Cave is the residence of the weather magician of the sea which is difficult to access. There is also the WSEA news headquaters, the Rusty Anchor, which sells Coral Cola and Diet Kelpsis with a lemon twist. Known customers are Patrick, Plankton, and Mermaidman. In the SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, the Rock Bottom Museum is shown. It features a lot of art work and has an advanced security system; Barnacle Boy works as a security guard there also. The Trench of Advanced Darkness is a trench that is lower than the city itself. Rock Bottom is located past Jellyfish Fields, which is past the Chum Bucket and Krusty Krab. Creatures in Rock Bottom are extremely strange looking, and resemble Deep Sea Creatures and Deep Sea Marine Life. Some resemble the Angler Fish, while others are rather abnormal.
Bottom's Up! is a very fancy city seen in the SpongeBob SquarePants: Employee of the Month videogame. The only thing that's not fancy is Cowfish Craig's shack. Other establishments include the Sublime Seafoods, Oxygen Springs, and the Waverly Hills neighborhood. Waverly Hills is a wealthy district on the cliffs of the Kelp Forest. The sky and water murk seems to be different here; it is always as if it is sunset. Once Sandy has been to this city.
Tentacle Acres is a gated community of millions of squid (and only squid) living in Easter Island Heads. The community was built in 1993. Sponges and starfish aren't allowed to even set foot in this town, but SpongeBob and Patrick got in thanks to fried oyster skins that Patrick had eaten earlier. Activities here include bike riding, clarinet playing, croquet and interpretive dancing. However, childish games such as playing with reef blowers are not allowed in Tentacle Acres. Establishments besides the Easter Island heads, include the Full of Health grocery store (selling among other things: canned bread), an Interpretive Dance Academy, a Park, Le Cafe (Food Stand) an Ice Cream Stand, and the Security Office. Only one street name was revealed, in which Squidward stayed on, was New Life Street (containing houses 302, 303, and 304)
Shell City, despite the name, is a gift shop called Shell City: Marine Gifts and Sundries. It is located on the surface owned by a Cyclops (in reality, a man in a diving suit), selling dried-out dead sea creatures. The road to Shell City is dangerous and no one has ever returned from there, which makes it the perfect place for Plankton to sell Neptune's crown. It is located on a beach where SpongeBob and Patrick meet David Hasselhoff. In a deleted scene of the movie, (which can only be seen in the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie DVD), Shell City is actually a city and is where Sandy constantly gets pursued all over the place by squirrel exterminators in black suits. She also mentions that there are buses that arrive here going to Bikini Bottom. Although Shell City was filmed in Florida, the location in SpongeBob's world would land Shell City in Australia most likely because a sign in a SpongeBob book based on the movie says that Shell City is 3,000 miles away from the Thug Tug. The Thug Tug is not that far from Bikini Bottom. Bikini Atoll is approx. 5,000 miles from the United States, which couldn't mark Shell City in California.
- Apple World - Mentioned by a worm in Rock-a-Bye Bivalve. Inside any apple where there is a worm.
- Bikini Atoll - Bikini Atoll is the signature island above Bikini Bottom. The opening sequence of every episode of the show has the island shown right after Painty the Pirate (a painting) starts off the theme song. Sandy also dared SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward to go on dry land here and survived in the episode Pressure (although birds did attack the group). Some episodes also start off and end with Bikini Atoll shown. To humans (like David Hasselhoff), the island also signals the way down to its aquatic counterpart. The place name is an ironic double-entendre, as the Bikini two piece swimsuit took its name from the atoll, specifically to the connection between the nuclear bomb test at Bikini around the time that the sexy new swimsuit hit the public "like a bomb".
- New Kelp City - The city where SpongeBob goes to after losing his memory in the episode "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?".
- Nowhere-A place where there is nobody living.population:0.
- Far Far Away - A bus takes SpongeBob here in "Squidward in Clarinetland"
- Ukulele Bottom - Nothing much we know of this town, apart from being the home of the annual jellyfish convention, located at the Jellyfishers Convention Center. Appeared in "I Was a Teenage Gary"
- Bass Vegas is another neighboring city from the SpongeBob
SquarePants book "Fish Happens!". It is the underwater equivalent of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Atlantis - Home of King Neptune's castle and the Poseidome. In Atlantis SquarePantis, SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, and Mr. Krabs journey to Atlantis. It is based off the real-life Atlantis.
- Leisure Village - Not much is known about this place, except that Mermaid Man and Barnicle Boy went there on vacation while SpongeBob and Patrick watched the Mermalair.
- Palm Bay - Palm Bay is home to the legendary master frycook who wields a golden spatula. Grease fires engulf this civilization. Palm Bay spoofs Pompaii, another ancient city. Mentioned in SpongeBob SquarePants: Legend of the Lost Spatula. Mount Kabloovious erupts and covers Palm Bay. It is the equivalent of Mount Vesuvius.
- Barnacle Bay - A city that was mentioned in the episode, "Fools in April". The only know establishment is the Art Museum, which also awards artists monthly. Also, as revealed in the SpongeBob book, "The Amazing SpongeBobini," a circus called the Stingray Brothers and Barnacle Bay Shrimp's Circus comes from this city and they performed in Bikini Bottom.
- Karate Island/Condo Island - An island where the so-called "King of Karate" is supposedly crowned, but was later found out to actually be a scam from real estate agents who were trying to force people into buying time-share plans on the island. The "Karate Tower" is located on the island.
- Quittersville One of the three places in which those have no where else to go,can go.
- Failuretown - One of the three places in which those have no where else to go, can go to.
- Loserburg - One of the three places in which those have no where else to go, can go to.
- Stupidtown - It was mentioned is when Patrick was sweeping the Krusty Krab floor with the wrong end of the broom, and rude Nat said "Hey pal, you just blow in from Stupidtown?"
- China Sea - A place where one of SpongeBob's Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy toys were manufactured in. this location is likely a play on how all manufacturing for the United States takes place in China.
- Seashores Resort - A vacation resort as seen in "That's No Lady."
- Sunny Shore Resorts - A vacation resort as seen in "That's No Lady."
- Base Eight - A town where all the fish have fingers. Appears in the SpongeBob comic "Fingers!".
- Texas the U.S. State in which Sandy Cheeks calls her homeland.
- Encino, California - Patchy the Pirate and Potty the Parrot's hometown.
- Mu - An ancient city, seen in the DS version of the Atlantis SquarePantis video game.
- Farawayville - mentioned in the episode, "The Slumber Party." Girly Teengirl lives there.
- Squirrel City - mentioned by Sandy Cheeks in the video game Atlantis Squarepantis for Wii game console.
- El Tuna - Mentioned briefly in SpongeBob's Last Stand.
- Alternate Realities - There are also two alternate dimensions shown in the series: The Fly of Despair, a reality which is apparently endless, which the Flying Dutchman can open and close freely and an area inside the time machine, seen in SB-129, which is also infinite, and nothing but stark white. It may be a reference to Purgatory. The Eighth and Ninth Dimensions are mentioned by Patrick Star in "Big Pink Loser", which are apparently tyrannically ruled by the Mini-Monkey Man and Giant Monkey Man, respectively.
- Alternate Universe - A universe that is confined within mirrors. Alternate-Universe SpongeBob and Alternate-Universe Patrick live in this realm.
- Squidward's Paradise - A paradie made by SpongeBob and Patrick to cheer up Squidward when he was feeling down.
- 'Alone Realm' - The alone realm is where Squidward warps to after mucking up the time machine and breaking it's handle. The realm is perfectly white with weird coloured squares that, if touched, fade away. There is also a way to get back to the time machine in the realm ( It disappears when you reach the realm ). All you need ti do is bang your feet on the ground like Squidward did in SB - 129.
Land forms, barriers, etc.
The Monster Trench, is a large trench in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, described as deep, dark, hazardous, and monster infested. A parody of the Mariana Trench. The trench includes Gulper Eels, Monsters, and other deep-sea creatures whom suffer from Deep-Sea Gigantism
|Valley||Between the Monster Trench and Shell City, this is where the cyclops spotted SpongeBob and Patrick.|
|Shell City Beach Area||Area located outside of shell city, by the Pacific Ocean.|
|City Limits||This is near the slope to Rock Bottom outside Bikini Bottom. Buses usually travel down there where SpongeBob and Patrick got stuck in the episode, "Rock Bottom."|
|County Line||This is next to the gas station outside Bikini Bottom operated by two hillbillies. Past the line is very dangerous, and overrun with Criminals.|
|Sun-N-Fun Island||An island where a summer camp has been established. It appears in "The Inmates of Summer".|
|Inferno Island||A prison island where some of Bikini Bottom's criminals are incarcerated. It appears in "The Inmates of Summer".|
|Abyss||Another trench SpongeBob and Patrick accidentally went down in a submarine they found and met a hungry sea-monster that they fed Krabby Patties in "20,000 Patties Under the Sea".----Mt. HumongusGiant Squidward brought a skier to the top of this mountain in the episode Giant squidward|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|