This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
The following is a list of schemes used by Sheldon J. Plankton to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula and/or put the Krusty Krab out of business. Most of Plankton's plans come from Karen, but he usually takes all the credit. Note that all such schemes with the exception of Plan Z and Plan 3,087 have failed.
- Plans A-Y - These are all the plans in 25 folders that Plankton had employed before, which all had failed. He thinks he has exhausted every plan until Karen reminds him that there is one more letter in the alphabet for him to try.
- Plan Z - The one plan that Plankton missed. This one was the most evil of the other plans, and even lemon-scented. He used this to steal King Neptune's crown, and put the blame on Krabs so King Neptune can freeze Krabs, then Plankton gets his hands on the formula, and brainwashes Bikini Bottom's residents. However, he does not count on SpongeBob and Patrick, and after they retrieve the crown from where Plankton hid it - with some help from David Hasselhoff - the two bring it back in time. When Plankton orders his minions to annihilate SpongeBob, he destroys their helmets via heavy-metal music. All the freed Bikini Bottomites run him over, and he is then arrested for turning Bikini Bottom into a living nightmare by enslaving it and framing Mr. Krabs.
At the beginning of the movie, Plankton tries to steal the formula with a plane, tank, and robot. These all fail. This Plankton is soon revealed to have been a robotic dummy all along and the real Plankton is hidden inside a penny. Plankton, on the phone with Karen, infiltrates Mr. Krabs' safe and replaces the formula with a fake bottle. SpongeBob comes into Mr. Krabs' office and finds Plankton stealing the formula. They fight over the formula and suddenly, it disappears into thin air. Later, Plankton decides to go into SpongeBob's brain thinking that he is lying about not remembering it, but it once again backfires after Plankton is fed up with sweetness inside SpongeBob's head.
Plankton sneaks to the Krusty Krab at night, takes a small piece of a Krabby Patty SpongeBob left on the register, and analyses it, copying the secret formula. However, it backfires once Plankton accidentally falls in the fryer, burning the copy of the formula. Later, after he finds out that SpongeBob is the one who ruins his plans, he takes the advantage of his snail Gary taken to King Poseidon and allows SpongeBob and Patrick to ride to Atlantic City, hoping that they will never come back.
The plan actually works with Mr. Krabs falling in disgrace and giving the formula to Plankton but he feels guilty for what he did and helps them rescuing SpongeBob, Patrick and Gary from King Poseidon.
This section is too short. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- "Plankton!" - Enters SpongeBob's mind and makes him steal a Krabby Patty but that failed when he fell into the machine due to him being too distracted by SpongeBob’s heartfelt speech about the Krabby Patty.
- "Culture Shock" - Pretends to be a magician for The Krusty Krab talent show, and asks for a volunteer from the audience. He steals a Krabby Patty from a customer and attempts to run off with it. Mr. Krabs stops him, and Plankton tries to disappear within fire, but ends up burning himself.
- "F.U.N." Tries to steal it again. Then pretends to befriend SpongeBob and steals a Krabby Patty from his hand while they are watching a movie. Plankton fails when he runs into the wall behind the movie screen.
- "Walking Small" - Tries to make Goo Lagoon the site of his new fast food restaurant, The Mega Bucket. It almost works when he tricks SpongeBob into making civilians leave the beach by being aggressive, but SpongeBob's kindness brings them back.
- "Imitation Krabs" - Comes to the Krusty Krab dressed up as a robot man and says he will give SpongeBob $1,000,000 for the Krabby Patty formula. Later on, builds a robotic Mr. Krabs, which he uses to attempt to get the formula out of SpongeBob. Even though it managed to trick SpongeBob to turn against Mr. Krabs, he accidentally put the penny in Robo Krabs which causes it to self-destruct on Plankton.
- "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" - Cheats in poker, and makes SpongeBob his fry cook to get Krabby Patties. When SpongeBob refuses to make Krabby Patties, he takes SpongeBob's brain out and puts it in a Robot SpongeBob, but it's SpongeBob's brain that is in the robot, and SpongeBob became lazy and annoying while at the Chum Bucket so as a result, Mr. Krabs takes SpongeBob back while at the same time gets fifty bucks.
- "The Fry Cook Games" - He and Mr. Krabs compete in the Fry Cook Games. When he brought Patrick into the event, he and Mr. Krabs pitted both SpongeBob and Patrick against each other. He then tells him that SpongeBob is not really his friend. Therefore, Plankton lied to Patrick so he could win the award for the Chum Bucket. However, neither side won in the end when SpongeBob and Patrick call off the battle and reconcile as best friends.
- "The Algae's Always Greener" - Hides inside a ketchup bottle, but he gets shot out without getting to the Patty. Then, he tries the transmogrifier to be in Mr. Krabs' life only that didn’t work out so well.
- "Krusty Krab Training Video" - Tries to plant a bomb in the patty to walk it away but was foiled again by Mr. Krabs.
- "Party Pooper Pants" - When asked by Mr. Krabs what his topic card says, Plankton says "discuss the secret ingredients to the Krabby Patty formula" while the card says "where are you from?". Backfires.
- This is famously one of the most minor and short schemes of the series and holds the shortest foil of it after 8 seconds.
- "Plankton's Army" - Being a cockroach, but squished by Mr. Krabs. Later he disguises himself as a dollar bill. Then gathers relatives to steal the formula but when they found out it was made of plankton, they ran away, terrified. However, it was all part of Mr. Krabs’ plan to trick them.
- "Fear of a Krabby Patty" - Forces the Krusty Krab to open 24 hours and orders 10,000 Krabby Patties, thus causing SpongeBob to go insane out of exhaustion, and become irrationally terrified of Krabby Patties. He then makes himself into a psychiatrist and invites SpongeBob to tell him about the formula, but backfires when SpongeBob repeatedly crushes him with a piano, resists his attempts, and his work proves too well and inadvertently actually work and cure SpongeBob without revealing the formula to him.
- "Krabs vs. Plankton" - Attempts and fails to steal the formula again, then fakes injuring himself after slipping on the Krusty Krab's recently mopped floor and sues Mr. Krabs. During the trial, he lied to the court about how he ended up injured in the first place. He negotiates with Krabs for the secret formula during the trial only to fail when SpongeBob makes him confess. He was arrested and sent to jail off-screen.
- "Enemy In-Law" - Grabs customers to the Chum Bucket. Then, attempts to date Betsy Krabs and forces her to tell about the formula. But she eventually found out and punch Plankton back into the Chum Bucket.
- "Wishing You Well" - Wishes on the Eugene Krabs Memorial Wishing Well to be taller in order to crush his enemies. Later succeeds, thanks to SpongeBob and Patrick when they struck magic.
- "New Leaf" - He builds a gift shop. Then, he pretends to be friends with Mr. Krabs and get the formula which is a fake.
- "Best Frenemies" - With the help of Mr. Krabs, finds out the secret recipe to Kelpshakes, and partially re-befriends Krabs. At the end, he tries to steal the formula again. Feeling nostalgic, Mr. Krabs gives him a head start.
- "Friend or Foe" - Makes a cake for Mr. Krabs (since it is his birthday). Then at the end again, he attempts to make Mr. Krabs cry then steal the formula.
- "Spy Buddies" - Mr. Krabs and Plankton switched lives and try the different way and SpongeBob and Patrick become spies for the fake Mr. Krabs, but after a series of events the real Mr. Krabs steals the formula back.
- "Krabs à la Mode" - Freezes the Krusty Krab so that no one orders a Krabby Patty and comes to the Chum Bucket. Fails when Mr. Krabs turns his restaurant into an ice skating rink.
- Tries to steal a Krabby Patty while everyone is distracted skating on the ice. Fails when he steals a patty from the local hockey team and can't escape the Krusty Krab.
- Uses the Krusty Krab thermostat to freeze Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob, and the customers. Fails when he gets cocky, falls off the thermostat, and Mr. Krabs freezes him.
- "Bucket Sweet Bucket" - Redoes the Chum Bucket, and makes SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward work for him so he can go to the Krusty Krab and steal the formula. Fails again when SpongeBob and Patrick replaced the Chum Bucket by the Krusty Krab and Mr. Krabs has the formula with him during his vacation as well as using a chore list as a decoy. The Chum Bucket is mainly destroyed at the end.
- "Goo Goo Gas" - Dresses as a pepper shaker to steal the formula. Then, he creates a gas to turn Mr. Krabs into a baby and tries to steal the formula without "Baby" Krabs to notice. In the end, all the babies start playing around with Plankton, and he fails once again.
- "Atlantis SquarePantis" - Plankton checks out the armory vault, intent on using the city's lost weapons for his own ends. He then chooses his weapon, a tank Plankton comes in and tries to destroy them with the tank he found, but much to his dismay, it showers the group with ice cream. Lord Royal Highness captures Plankton, and says that "a talking speck" would be a fantastic replacement for the bubble.
- "Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob" - He makes a shampoo that hypnotizes Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy and makes them talk badly about the Krabby Patty and advertise the Chum Bucket, causing a large number of customers to come. This fails when SpongeBob has Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy eat two Krabby Patties and uses fiber to digest them, causing them to go back to normal.
- "20,000 Patties Under the Sea" - He makes a Chum Bucket mobile to get customers but this plan fails as well when the submarine gets damaged and a sea monster thinks Plankton is food and chases after him.
- "Banned in Bikini Bottom" - Since the Krusty Krab is banned, he tries to celebrate. Then he finds out there is a secret Krusty Krab, so he calls the police. However, when Miss Gristlepuss tried a Krabby Patty, she instantly loves it and decides to bring the Krusty Krab back into business. Later, she unknowingly tries to eat Plankton.
- "Stanley S. SquarePants" - At the end, Plankton hires SpongeBob's cousin, Stanley, thinking that Stanley will be able to help him in stealing the secret formula as he has SpongeBob's own flesh and blood, and the fact that he knows nothing about the Krusty Krab and Chum Bucket rivalry, so he will fall for it. But in the end, Stanley blows up Plankton's restaurant as he is a terrible employee, as seen earlier in the episode. The episode ends with Stanley saying "Sorry, boss."
- "Krabby Road" - He heard SpongeBob singing a song with lyrics as the formula so he creates a band. Eventually, SpongeBob manages to catch on to charade and the police showed up to arrest him. Later, he was heard screaming in pain in his new cell from SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward's rock and roll music.
- "Spongicus" - Tears down the Chum Bucket and creates a stadium to keep customers. Tries to boil Mr. Krabs in a giant bisque. But SpongeBob throws the sausage necklace around Plankton which causes the sea lion to chase him.
- "Plankton's Regular" - Incidental 41 likes his food and makes Mr. Krabs' business 1% wreck. However, it was revealed that Karen paid Ned to pretend to like chum so Plankton would stop crying.
- "Komputer Overload" - Replaces Karen and makes other robots to get the formula. But the cord got yanked out which causes the robots to be disabled.
- "Chum Bucket Supreme" - He hires Patrick to create dumb slogans to attract customers such as the word, "Chum is Fum". But Patrick quit due to his brain being worn out which once again ending the Chum Bucket's fame.
- "Single Cell Anniversary" - He uses SpongeBob to help him give the perfect gift for Karen so he can get the formula. Even though Karen loves the song so much, her tears cause her to abruptly short circuit and once again make Plankton fail at getting the formula.
- "Chum Caverns" - He builds an underground restaurant named the "Chum Caverns" to attract customers. It was successful, but was eventually destroyed when Mr. Krabs got involved.
- "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy" - Gets inside a bun and tries to steal the formula. He ends up going home inside Sandy's helmet, and steals Sandy's pelt to disguise himself and attempt to get the formula. But Sandy showed up just in time and place Plankton in a mustard jar.
- "The Inside Job" - Plankton goes in SpongeBob's body and uses a device to try and absorb SpongeBob's knowledge about the secret formula. Plankton fails when he ends up absorbing SpongeBob's personality as well and becomes a Plankton-like SpongeBob himself. Upon escaping SpongeBob's body, Plankton runs into Patrick and accidentally absorbs his personality, thus causing him to forget the secret formula and become a Plankton-like version of Patrick.
- "SpongeBob's Last Stand" - He designs Shelly Superhighway to run straight over The Krusty Krab and end at The Chum Bucket. This plan was starting to be successful as Mr. Krabs almost sold the secret formula to Plankton but ended up unsuccessful when SpongeBob, his friends, and the rest of the Bikini Bottomites banded together to destroy the highway and bring the Krusty Krab back into business with Plankton being squished during the destruction.
- "Gramma's Secret Recipe" - Plankton dresses in his Grandma's clothing so he can trick SpongeBob and steal the Krabby Patty Recipe. Once again, his plan was foiled when his grandmother figured out the lie and painfully pull Plankton out of the restaurant.
- "Buried in Time" - After witnessing Mr. Krabs put a copy of the Krabby Patty secret formula into a time capsule, Plankton goes after the buried time capsule and drills a hole into it to try to get the formula. He gets the formula, but Squidward steps on him, making him swallow the bottle.
- "Shellback Shenanigans" - Plankton gets into Gary's shell to fool SpongeBob into giving him the formula but Gary manages to get to the bottom of this ruse. So as punishment for deceiving his owner, Gary beats Plankton up and makes him run away in fear.
- "Perfect Chemistry" - Plankton pretends to be Sandy’s lab partner in order to get her into making a teleporter for him to get the formula without Mr. Krabs knowing. But Sandy wasn’t fooled by the scam and instead makes Plankton and the formula swap places with Plankton being stuck in the bottle.
- "The Other Patty" - Mr. Krabs and Plankton unite in their dislike of a new eatery called "the Flabby Patty," and work together to steal its recipe.
- "Frozen Face-Off" - Plankton creates a sled race and tries to get everyone in Bikini Bottom to join, so nobody will see him steal the Krabby Patty recipe, but the Abominable snow mollusk confuses Plankton as a jelly bean and swallows him.
- "Sweet and Sour Squid" - Plankton attempts to strike up a friendship with Squidward in order to get the secret formula, until he gets fed up with Squidward's corny clarinet music and he gets arrested afterwards.
- "Walking the Plankton" - Plan B: Plankton goes on a cruise with SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs, which he made up is for his and Karen's honeymoon, in order to steal the formula, however Karen finds out about the plan and destroys the ship.
- "Plankton's Good Eye" - Plankton grows a second eye in order to have better chances of stealing the formula. However, this plan was a failure as the eye from SpongeBob changed his personality.
- "Fiasco!" - Plankton steals the art thinking it's the remains of a Krabby Patty hoping to revert it into a regular Krabby Patty but his plan nonetheless failed when the art piece gets eaten and Squidward indirectly led some police officers to him.
- "Free Samples" - Plankton gives the customers fake Krabby Patties so that they wouldn't eat at the Krusty Krab anymore, but fails when Mr. Krabs gets them back with SpongeBob making the real patties but calling them new with a different taste.
- "Karen 2.0" - Plankton makes another Karen (Karen 2.0) and the real Karen gets mad. Finding her parts in a box, Mr. Krabs makes Karen the cashier at the Krusty Krab. When Plankton tries to get into the Krusty Krab with Karen 2.0, she and the original Karen get into a fight, however during the fight, Karen 2.0 runs over Plankton and the original Karen, distressed, finishes off Karen 2.0 and then runs over to Plankton's side. After Plankton is revealed to be okay, Karen runs out of battery. Using batteries from the now dead Karen 2.0, Plankton revives Karen, and they walk back to the Chum Bucket together.
- "For Here or to Go" - Plankton uses his technology to successfully win a free Krabby Patty from Mr. Krabs. However, at the end, this plan failed as Karen actually scanned the insides of Plankton rather than just the patty itself.
- "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!" - Plankton uses Jerktonium fruitcakes to make everyone else in Bikini Bottom a jerk, so he, the nicest person in comparison, can get the secret formula from Santa. That is, until SpongeBob caused the mechanism to explode and Santa finds out about the scheme. So as a result, he orders one of his elves to bury Plankton under hard coal.
- "Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up Is Go!" - Plankton has Man Ray team up with him to scare Mr. Krabs into giving him a Krabby Patty. Though, Man Ray enjoys and eats all of the Krabby Patties leaving Plankton having to pay for Man Ray's patties.
- "Chum Fricassee" - Plankton hires Squidward into making good tasting chum to run the Krusty Krab out of business, until Grandma Tentacles finds out and reveals that Squidward was feeding undercooked chum. The customers were so ticked that they ended up destroying the Chum Bucket and Squidward's reputation.
- "Move It or Lose It" - Plankton tries everything to help bulldoze the Krusty Krab but SpongeBob and a State Officer ended up bulldozing the Chum Bucket instead.
- "Eek, An Urchin!" - Plankton attempted to fool Mr. Krabs by wearing some fake glasses but was trampled by the fleeing customers. He then found out that it was a sea urchin causing problems and agrees not to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula until the urchin is gone.
- "Jailbreak!" - Plankton attempts to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula by having his cellmates, who were all fans of him and his chum, break into the Krusty Krab. They were successful in breaking in but Plankton and his cellmates were soon arrested when SpongeBob warns Mr. Krabs about this and had the Bikini Bottom Police Force stalled in the safe marking this plan as a failure too.
- "Evil Spatula" - Plankton uses the "Six Phases Plan" which mainly involves him using his spatula the Majestic Sizzlemaster to get the Krabby Patty secret formula:
- Phase 1: Infiltrate the Krusty Krab: Plankton successfully enters the Krusty Krab through a fax machine.
- Phase 2: Sabotage: Plankton saws off a bit of SpongeBob's spatula and when SpongeBob tries to flip a Krabby Patty, it breaks.
- Phase 3: Give SpongeBob a New Spatula: Plankton waits for SpongeBob at Harvey's Spatula Emporium and offers to give SpongeBob a new spatula. At the Chum Bucket, Plankton gives SpongeBob the Majestic Sizzlemaster.
- Phase 4: Gain SpongeBob's Trust: Plankton, using a voice modifier, talks to SpongeBob through the Sizzlemaster and hopes to gain his trust. This is the longest phase due to SpongeBob not trusting anyone with the grill. Plankton finally manages to get SpongeBob to take the Sizzlemaster back to his house completing this phase.
- Phase 5: Further Gain SpongeBob's Trust: Plankton, as the Sizzlemaster, does various house work in order to gain SpongeBob's trust. Back at the Krusty Krab, Plankton finally manages to get SpongeBob's trust in working the grill completing this phase.
- Phase 6: Burn All of the Krabby Patties: Plankton, as the Sizzlemaster, then burns all of the Krabby Patties and convinces SpongeBob to get the Krabby Patty secret formula to make more. However, Mr. Krabs finds out it's Plankton's doing and tricks him into making an explosive formula making this overall plan a failure.
- "It Came from Goo Lagoon" - Plankton attempts to steal the Krabby Patty Formula by using the giant purple goo bubble he literally created by opening the crack in the Goo Lagoon sea floor but fails when a dynamite exploded in his sub once he was reading the fake formula he got from Mr. Krabs.
- "Company Picnic" - Plankton tries to get Squidward and Mr. Krabs to work for him by having a company picnic with many fun games and delicacies. It was about to work but SpongeBob found out what he was up to and they, later on, find out that everything that was at Plankton's picnic were holograms.
- "Married to Money" - Plankton disguises himself as a stack of dollar bills to have Krabs fall in love with him and give him the formula, but the mechanism explodes when Mr. Krabs' tears short circuits the system.
- "CopyBob DittoPants" - Plankton clones SpongeBob to have the clones steal the formula, but whenever they encounter the regular SpongeBob they forget the plan, and they all disappear towards the end of the episode.
- "Lame and Fortune" - Plankton creates a bunch of fortune cookies that trick people to eat at the Chum Bucket. He then gives Mr. Krabs a fortune cookie that tells him to give Plankton the secret formula or die. This plan was nearly successful, but Plankton snapped when he couldn't get to the secret formula due to the numerous amount of customers at the Chum Bucket and he yelled out that he made fake fortunes.
- "Goodbye, Krabby Patty?" - Plankton plans to steal the formula through the Krusty Krab Museum's gift shop. However, he sees that SpongeBob didn't have the feeling of stopping him since the formula is now for sale, much to his chargin. He then decides to buy a frozen Krabby Patty instead. But his plan turned out to be a failure when he learned that the frozen patties are made out of sand and he immediately throws it away in the garbage.
- "Pineapple Invasion" - Plankton sets off a skunk into the Krusty Krab which causes all of the customers, SpongeBob, and Mr. Krabs to leave. However, Plankton's plan was foiled after there was a safe within a safe of the one he blew up. Plankton was then crushed by Mr. Krabs and tossed out of the window. Plankton doesn't stop there as he hears that Mr. Krabs is letting SpongeBob take the Krabby Patty secret formula home with him. Plankton first disguises himself as a door-to-door Snail Product Salesman. However, Gary closes the door on him. Plankton then disguises himself as a Sweetie Patrol Girl but Gary doesn't fall for that as well. Later, Plankton distracts Gary with a cut-out of himself and manages to eat his way into SpongeBob's house. Plankton then searches the house for the formula tearing up the house in the process. Eventually, Gary catches him and gets into a fight with him. Plankton then goes inside Gary's shell thinking the formula is in there. Plankton eventually makes it to the center of the shell and thinks he has found the formula. However, it turns out he found one of SpongeBob's grocery lists and went crazy from breathing in the fumes in Gary's shell.
- "Salsa Imbecilicus" - Sandy accidentally gives Plankton an idea to steal the Krabby Patty formula by making Mr. Krabs as dumb as Patrick. Plankton soon gets Patrick's DNA and makes sauce to put it in but accidentally gets it on himself making him as dumb as Patrick. Soon, still being as dumb as Patrick, tries to make Mr. Krabs hand it over thinking that Mr. Krabs is scared of him but soon SpongeBob throws Mr. Krabs his diploma which makes Mr. Krabs pretend to be smart again tricking Plankton. He told him in about seven seconds making Plankton upset. Mr. Krabs tells him he graduated months ago and was just doing extra an acting class and flung Plankton off making his plan fail. He soon lands on Karen bringing him to his post-college years making him depressed from another failure.
- "Mimic Madness" - Patrick, Sandy, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton are mimicking SpongeBob. Plankton tells Mr. Krabs that he forgot the Krabby Patty recipe in his best SpongeBob voice. Mr. Krabs almost gives him the recipe but remembering he's Plankton, he hits him with the formula.
- "House Worming" - SpongeBob tells Plankton he will give Plankton anything if he gets the worms out of his head, so Plankton tries to get the Krabby Patty formula with SpongeBob's promise. This fails when he gets beaten up by the worms.
- "Plankton Gets the Boot" - Creates an analyzer that can analyze the formula using only one molecule of a patty.
- "Burst Your Bubble" - SpongeBob creates a small monster-shaped bubble boat for Plankton, so that Plankton will be able to bring fear and chaos to Bikini Bottom. This fails when Larry squishes Plankton with his foot, destroying his bubble boat in the process.
- "Plankton Retires" - Plankton has had numerous schemes in this episode:
- Jetpacking into the open safe. The safe is later revealed to be a fake.
- Taking a patty that Krabs dropped when he was making a Krusty Katering delivery.
- Stealing a patty from a customer.
- Cutting through the walls of the Krusty Krab with a laser.
- Hiding in a stomach.
- Using a robot disguise for retirement.
- "Spot Returns" - Plankton uses Spot's puppies to get the Krabby Patty formula. This fails when SpongeBob knocks over Karen Plankton and Plankton drops the formula which SpongeBob grabs and rolls it to Patrick who then gives it back to Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob then made the puppies destroy the Chum Bucket by causing them to fuse together.
- "Spin the Bottle" - Plankton poses himself as a genie in order to get into the bottle containing the formula. This fails when the real Genie traps him, along with Squidward, Patrick, and Mr. Krabs, in an empty ketchup bottle and SpongeBob thinking it is a ketchup bottle gone bad throws it away.
- "The Legend of Boo-Kini Bottom" - Plankton attempts to team up with the Flying Dutchman in hopes of stealing the Krabby Patty formula and take over the world. This fails when the Dutchman turned down the offer and turned Plankton into a ghoul, making him become his lackey.
- "No Pictures Please" - Plankton hides in the tourist's camera in hopes of getting pictures of the Krabby Patty ingredients. This fails when he realizes that there's no film in the camera and the tourist was just an illusion caused by The Tidal Zone.
- "Bottle Burglars" - Plankton manages to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula. This plan actually almost worked because SpongeBob and Squidward failed to get the formula back. If it weren't for Mr. Krabs taking back the formula himself, the plan would have worked, forcing the Krusty Krab out of business and ultimately changing the SpongeBob timeline. This episode is also a role reversal, as SpongeBob and Squidward are trying to get the formula from Plankton and not vice-versa.
- "Shopping List" - Plankton follows SpongeBob and Sandy around and steals the bag of ingredients in hopes of making Krabby Patties. However, this fails when it was revealed that the ingredients that SpongeBob and Sandy got were fake while Mr. Krabs has been hiding the real ones. So as a result, the Chum Bucket exploded after Plankton makes the fake recipe.
- "Patnocchio" - Plankton poses himself as Patrick's conscience in order to get a Krabby Patty so he could figure out the formula. This fails when Patrick's real conscience arrives and tells Patrick that Plankton's a fake, which results in the two stepping on him.
- "Plankton Paranoia" - After successfully helping SpongeBob and the gang put Mr. Krabs' insane behavior to a stop with a surprise party, Plankton sees the bottle with the secret formula left on the table. When he opens it, he finds a lit dynamite in the bottle and it explodes, destroying the Chum Bucket in the process.
- "Call the Cops" - Plankton steals the formula again, but he immediately gets taken away by the police and the formula is put in the evidence room. He teams up with Patrick to escape his cell and head to the evidence room to get the formula back. This fails when Mr. Krabs snatched it from him, causing a massive brawl. Eventually, they all get arrested and placed in the same cell Plankton is in.
- "Surf N' Turf" - Plankton steals the formula off-screen after SpongeBob hands Sandy the bottle it was in. This fails when SpongeBob snatched it back from him.
- "The Grill is Gone" - When Plankton heard that a group of obnoxious and immature children stole the Krusty Krab grill and made it into a racing cart, he decided to participate in the race in hopes of getting the formula. This fails when Mr. Krabs flicked Plankton off the racing track.
- "The Krusty Slammer" - Plankton vandalizes the entire town of Bikini Bottom by painting graffiti messages about Mr. Krabs as an attempt to attract people. However, his plan fails when he gets arrested by the police. But towards the end, it's Mr. Krabs who gets arrested and ends up being tortured by Plankton. This is one of the few episodes ending with Plankton getting the last laugh.
- "King Plankton" - Plankton attempts to take over SpongeBob's aquarium filled with sea monkeys, but it backfired when they rebelled against him.
- "Plankton's Old Chum" - Plankton tricks SpongeBob into hiding rotten chum all over Bikini Bottom when he told him about Chum Day, a fictional holiday he just made up and a holiday similar to that of Christmas. It seemed to have worked well at first, until the Health Inspector gives him a fine and forces him to eat all of the rotten chum.
- "The Krusty Bucket" - Plankton tries to create a clone using the DNA samples of himself and Mr. Krabs' hair to steal the formula. However, his plan backfired when the clone takes over both the Krusty Krab and the Chum Bucket.
- "SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout" - Plankton tries to use SpongeBob's keys to the Krusty Krab to steal the formula. However, his plan was foiled when Mr. Krabs squished him with his foot and snatches the keys back.
- Handemonium - Plankton brings the Chum Bucket glove to life in order to beat Mr. Krabs in an arm-wrestling match and steal the Krabby Patty formula. Although he succeeded in defeating Mr. Krabs, his plan of stealing the formula backfired when the glove went on the loose and attacked Bikini Bottom.
- "The Ghost of Plankton" - He turns into a ghost using a ghost extracting machine to steal the formula, with the help from The Flying Dutchman, but fails due to the fact that the bottle was too solid to float through the safe.
- "The Hankering" - When Plankton learned about Mr. Krabs' craving on chum, he attempts to trick him into giving away the secret formula in exchange for a lifetime supply of chum. Plankton nearly succeeded until he and Mr. Krabs get into a massive brawl which led to the secret formula sinking into the chum. Plankton attempts to retrieve it by swimming through all the chum. Mr. Krabs assumed that his business is ruined, but SpongeBob reminded him that Plankton is tiny and it would take him forever to swim through the chum to get the formula. In the end, Mr. Krabs managed to save the formula and foil Plankton's plan by eating all the chum, which eventually ended up swallowing Plankton in the process.
- "A Place for Pets" - After everyone starts to make animals costumes so they can eat at the Krusty Krab, Plankton goes into his pet, Spot, so that he can get the formula. However, Plankton is digested by Spot and when he comes out, he only has his eye left.
- "Lockdown for Love" - Plankton gets Patrick to dressed up as him so that he can sneak out to the Krusty Krab without Karen noticing. But that plan went awry when Mr. Krabs interferes yet again and Plankton accidentally exposes himself to Karen.
- In "Plankton's Plan," he states that "If people won't come to the Chum Bucket, I will bring the Chum Bucket to the people!" It was never executed due to the fact that he was poured into a plant pot by Serena Williams.
- Plankton's Color Nullifier - Plankton tries to steal the Rainbowger's color with his color nullifier. Even though he succeeded at first, the machine overloaded itself and started splattering various color's all over the place.
- Revenge of the Flying Dutchman - In the console version he builds his own amusement park: Chum World while in the GBA version he used a robot to destroy the Krusty Krab.
- Battle for Bikini Bottom - Plankton creates an army of Robots to steal the formula, but it backfires, and wants SpongeBob to help him get back into the Chum Bucket.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (video game) - Same plan as in the movie.
- Creature from the Krusty Krab - He turns a Krabby Patty crumb into a huge Krabby Patty that comes alive and tries to eat him. He then makes himself huge to get revenge on the Patty and in the process also destroys the Krusty Krab.
- SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis - Same plan as in the episode.
- SpongeBob's Truth or Square - He goes inside SpongeBob's memory to look for the formula.
- Plankton's Robotic Revenge - He destroys the Krusty Krab and takes the formula. Later defeated by SpongeBob and friends.
- Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated - Same plan as the original video game.
- Nicktoons Racing - He takes up the title of the mystery rider who has a black car and participates in the race where the prize is a lifetime supply of Krabby Patties. When the game is beaten with good results, he is revealed to be the mystery rider.
- Nicktoons Unite! - Plankton teams up with The Evil Syndicate to take down SpongeBob, Jimmy, Timmy and Danny. However, Plankton and The Evil Syndicate fail in doing so.
- SpongeBob SquarePants featuring Nicktoons: Globs of Doom - Plankton, SpongeBob and a handful of other Nicktoons villains and heroes team up to stop Globulous Maximus.
- SpongeBob SquarePants Saves the Krusty Krab - He has stolen all the Krusty Krab's Krabby Patties and littered them all over the ocean floor.
- SpongeBob Saves the Day! - He steal the tape to the Krusty Krab.
- RoboShot - He uses a giant robot to take over Jellyfish Fields.
- Merry Mayhem! - He makes an army of robot carols to get the formula.
- FrankenBob's Quest - He tires to change Bikini Bottom into a Twisted place where everyone would what to eat at the Chum Bucket, but it was foiled by Frankenstein SpongeBob.
- FrankenBob's Quest Pt 2 - Same plan as FrankenBob's Quest.
- Gift Lift - He takes all of the Christmas presents.
- Postal Panic - He takes everyone's Christmas letters.
- Avalanche at Plankton's Peak! - He invention a machine to make a avalanche, unlit SpongeBob foils his plan.
- Defend the Krusty Krab! - Same plan as the beginning of the movie.
- Frosty Fling! - He uses the robot carolers to kipnapped SpongeBob.
- Gary's Adventure - He kidnaps SpongeBob unlit Gary saves him.
- Invasion of the Patty Snatchers - He makes a robot army of himself to steal the formula.
- It's a SpongeBob Christmas! - Same plan as the episode.
- Nick Dodgers - He plays dodgeball to beat the other Nickelodeon characters.
- Operation Holiday Hero - He hides of all Bikini Bottom's presents unlit SpongeBob finds all of them.
- Plankton's Krusty Bottom Weekly! - He takes pictures of inhabitants when they are the most goofiest.
- Patty Panic - Him and his amry invaders SpongeBob's dreams.
- Nicktoons Superstuffed: Mini Game Mania - He needs to stay away for being crushed by SpongeBob's foot.
- Nicktoons Superstuffed: Mini Game Mania 2 - Same plan as in Nicktoons Superstuffed: Mini Game Mania.
- Plankton's Pernicious Plot - Plankton has hypnotized the jellyfish at Jellyfish Fields while SpongeBob must de-hypnotize the jellyfish by jumping on the hypno-pods.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (book) - Same plan as in the movie.
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (Cine-Manga book) - Same plan as in the movie.
- Atlantis SquarePantis (book) Same plan as in the episode.
- My Trip to Atlantis - by SpongeBob SquarePants Same plan as in the episode.
- Who's Hungry? - Same plan as in the "Welcome to the Chum Bucket" segment.
- Man Sponge Saves the Day - Plankton calls all the bad guys to wreak havoc on Bikini Bottom so that he can steal the Krabby Patty secret formula. Once he sees this, Man Sponge springs into action. He beats all the bad guys, and gets the formula back from Plankton.
- Top of the Class! - Plankton pretends to be a teacher to trick SpongeBob into giving him the secret formula.
- Good Enough to Eat! - Uses a robot to get the formula.
- A deleted scene from "Sandy's Rocket" seen only in the chapter book based on the episode involves Plankton tries stealing the formula from the Krusty Krab during the night, only to be caught by SpongeBob and Patrick.
- Ironically, Plankton's plans that do not involve stealing the formula are usually the ones that are close to success.
- There have been times where his aim is not to steal the formula, as in "Atlantis SquarePantis," he aims to rule Atlantis and kill the fellow tourists.
- Although there are simpler alternatives for stealing the formula, Plankton always chooses completely illogical and complicated plans. For example, in "Plankton's Army," he uses a robot to order coral bits and jumping out of the dollar to surprise Mr. Krabs instead of programming the robot to order a Krabby Patty.
- "20,000 Patties Under the Sea", "Banned in Bikini Bottom" and "Free Samples" are the only episodes where SpongeBob is unaware of Plankton's scheme throughout the episode.