- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Mrs. Puff
- Big Fat Meanie (drawing cameo)
- Lighthouse Louie (debut)
- Perch Perkins (orange)
- Squidward Tentacles (statue cameo)
- Officer Slugfish (cardboard cutout cameo)
- Bikini Bottomites
- Ghost toast
- Snail babies
The episode begins with SpongeBob taking his driver's test again, only to end up crashing onto Mrs. Puff's lighthouse, causing all of the items inside it to fall out. SpongeBob wants to make up for doing this by offering to do many things for her, but Mrs. Puff shuts him down after trying to fix the boat engine, spilling oil on her. Mrs. Puff then suggests that SpongeBob clean the lighthouse, to which he accepts doing while Mrs. Puff listens to rock music.
SpongeBob cleans successfully, and at some point, he hears a noise coming from where the lantern is and thinks it is a ghost. However, it turns out the noise was coming from a stray snail. SpongeBob takes him as his companion while he cleans.
However, Louie ends up distracting SpongeBob as he cleans. He comes up with a plan by tricking Louie into eating a Krabby Patty so he can trap him, but the snail ends up trapping SpongeBob instead. When he gets outside the box using the strength from the Krabby Patty, he cannot find Louie.
It turns out Louie was on top of the lighthouse. However, when Louie attacks SpongeBob, they cause so much ruckus that the lighthouse tips over and starts rolling around Bikini Bottom. After causing lots of destruction in town, the lighthouse rolls back into the position it originally was in.
It is revealed that Louie has produced offspring, and after that, SpongeBob shows Mrs. Puff what he has done, impressing her. The episode ends with the citizens of Bikini Bottom getting angry at Mrs. Puff as her lighthouse destroyed the town, while she starts listening to rock music again.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Feeling Happy - Alan Perry [Opening at Mrs. Puff's Boating School]
‣ Tiptoe Footsteps - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] ["Assuming crash position."]
‣ Uh Oh Flutter-Eyed - [ProjectSAM Symphobia Colours: Animator] [Boat approaches to the wall]
• Monster Wave - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, James King [Boat about to crash into the lighthouse]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, there you are."]
‣ Charlie's Bike C - Peter Balding, Otto Sieben [SpongeBob trying to make it up]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 22 - Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff removes off his body the oil]
‣ Charlie's Bike C - Peter Balding, Otto Sieben ["Oh, I love cleaning!"]
• Bathroom Nirvana - Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff puts relaxing music on her headphones]
‣ ? [Mrs. Puff puts rock music on her headphones]
• 12th Street Rag 3 with Bass - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob dives into lighthouse trash and starts cleaning it]
• 12th Street Rag 3 - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob spits the trash out of his pores]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
‣ ? [SpongeBob scrubbing the lighthouse]
‣ Med Evil A - Alexander Rudd [SpongeBob hears noises from inside the lighthouse lantern's room]
‣ Neutral Mood - Simon May [A walking box comes out and follows SpongeBob]
‣ Five Dramatic Bridges B - Kurt Rehfeld [A snail comes from the box]
‣ Whimsey - Arthur Wilkinson [SpongeBob calls the snail Louie]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene]
• Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Louie keeps staying around the lighthouse]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 39 - Jeremy Wakefield [Transition to next scene]
‣ Spooks - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob puts a trap to catch Louie]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["I don't got ya."]
‣ Spooks - Fredric Bayco [Louie traps SpongeBob in its own trap]
‣ Charlie's Bike E - Peter Balding, Otto Sieben [SpongeBob trying to lift the box]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 13 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob tastes a pinch of the Krabby Patty in a Can]
‣ Jolly Jack Tar - Frederick Charrosin [SpongeBob gets strength and lifts the box ]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh? Where'd Louie go?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's arm deflates]
‣ Alone and Lost - Norman Dane [SpongeBob finds Louie at the top of the lighthouse's lantern]
‣ Neutral Mood - Simon May [Louie attacks SpongeBob]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Those monsters have vanished."]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["We're saved!"]
‣ Brickbat (Battle) - Laurie Johnson [Lighthouse crushes Bubble Bass]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [News on TV]
‣ Dramatic Cue (h) - Ronald Hanmer [Fred telling Perch Perkins the cause of the destruction]
‣ Finger of Fear - Fredric Bayco [Lighthouse rolling to the Krusty Krab]
• Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs tells his customers to put in front of the lighthouse]
‣ Project X - Cedric Palmer [Customers run out of the Krusty Krab]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Lighthouse rolls away from the Krusty Krab]
‣ Project X - Cedric Palmer [Lighthouse crushes the Krusty Krab]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks 14 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh. It came back."]
‣ Project X - Cedric Palmer [Lighthouse returns to Mrs. Puff's boating school]
‣ ? [Mrs. Puff still listening to rock music]
‣ Project X - Cedric Palmer [Lighthouse returns to the exact place it was]
• My Three Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Louie's babies are revealed]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [SpongeBob gives them to Mrs. Puff]
• Cheap and Frozen Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [People complaining to Mrs. Puff]
‣ ? [Mrs. Puff puts her headphones back on]
- When SpongeBob falls into the trash pile, many objects from previous episodes can be seen:
- Bold and Brash ("Artist Unknown").
- Big Fat Meanie ("New Student Starfish").
- Mrs. Puff's hat and coat ("Krusty Love").
- One of the enchanted tikis ("Enchanted Tiki Dreams").
- The #1 hat and swordfish skull ("One Krabs Trash").
- Krusty Krab Pizza ("Pizza Delivery").
- Patrick's shoes ("Your Shoe's Untied").
- Squidward's piggy bank, Teddy bear, Ms. Nibsy, Clown Frown ("Skill Crane").
- Seahorse plush ("Stuck in the Wringer").
- Help Wanted sign ("Help Wanted").
- "Wanted Maniac" poster, hall monitor's belt and cap ("Hall Monitor").
- Mrs. Puff's hair curlers ("Life of Crime").
- "Save the Jellyfish" sign ("SpongeBob's Last Stand").
- Mermaid Man's belt ("Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV")
- Mrs. Puff's nameplate ("Mrs. Puff, You're Fired")
- Part of the ripped "extra credit" test ("No Free Rides").
- Mrs. Puff's washing machine ("Krusty Love").
- Radio, SpongeBob's diary ("Boating School").
- One of the many objects within the lighthouse is a newspaper about Mrs. Puff with the headline "Deranged Boat Teacher Makes Getaway" and the subtitle "Distracts authorities with balloon animals." This is referring to an incident Mrs. Puff implies to in "No Free Rides," where she moved towns and changed her name. The picture of Mrs. Puff on the newspaper is taken from the same episode.
- "My leg!:" Perch Perkins yells "Your legs!" when he interviews Fred to see if himself and his legs were injured from the Boating School lighthouse, which Fred denies.
- This is the third episode where SpongeBob owns a pet whom he initially thinks is male, but is later revealed to be female. The first is "Pet or Pests" with Mrs. Wormsley and the second is "Sanctuary!" with Esmerelda.
- Although "Louie" is a masculine-sounding name, the snail is revealed to be female when it is revealed that she can give birth; with the exception of seahorses, male organisms cannot get pregnant. Its female identity is further confirmed when SpongeBob jokes that he should have named her "Louise."
- This is the first episode to use the track "Finger of Fear" since "The Main Drain."
- This is the first episode to use the original "12th Street Rag 3" since "Pet Sitter Pat."
- At the end of the episode, an image from "Hiccup Plague" was revealed by accident in the UK and Ireland airing.
- In this episode, the Krusty Krab is shown to have hills in front of it, despite this never being shown in any other episodes.
- In the UK and Ireland airing, the moment where SpongeBob chews balloons when blowing them is cut out.
- This is the first episode to show the complete interior of the boating school's lighthouse.
- The ghost toast is a reference to a scene from "Pranks a Lot."
- On the official SpongeBob SquarePants YouTube channel a clip from the episode was in a My Leg! compilation which was posted on May 1, 2020.
- SpongeBob winks and flexes his arm like Popeye, which reveals a large Krabby Patty with a shining glow.
- During the scene where Mr. Krabs watches the lighthouse head to destroy the Krusty Krab, the lighthouse is missing.
- When SpongeBob starts to open the door and hears a meow, his eyelashes are missing.
- The Chum Bucket is not in front of the Krusty Krab in this episode.
- During a couple frames, a part of Bubble Bass' face is orange.