"Krusty Krushers" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from Season 6. In this episode, Mr. Krabs wants to manage SpongeBob and Patrick as a tag team wrestling duo to win $1,000,000, but they can do anything but fight.
- Perch Perkins
- Wrestling crowd
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Wrestling competitors
- Jim (wrestler) (debut)
- Purple wrestler (debut)
- Iron buns trainer (heard only)
- Skip (debut)
- Al (mentioned)
- Mr. Fluffy (debut)
- Evelyn (cameo presenting wrestle camp)
This episode starts off with a wrestling tournament being held at the Recreation Center in Bikini Bottom. Perch Perkins announces that the prize is one million dollars. Mr. Krabs overhears this and is very excited to get the money (which he implies is going to be easy). Mr. Krabs runs to the back of the line to defeat the two huge and strong fish known as the "undefeated world heavyweight champions." When he sees how badly people are getting hurt from trying to beat the champions, he has second thoughts on entering this wrestling tournament. He then has an idea of making SpongeBob and Patrick beat them.
He blindfolds them and drags them in front of the opponents. They try to figure out what is in front of them before they take off the blindfolds. The champions grab them and squeeze them until their blindfolds break. SpongeBob and Patrick are terrified by them and run away behind Mr. Krabs. He tells them that they are pretending to be heavyweight champions. Patrick quickly shows SpongeBob his behind to show him that he has been working out. Just to comfort them, he decides their names: SpongeBob is the Short Order Boy and Patrick is the Pink Patty, and together they are the Krusty Krushers.
SpongeBob and Patrick are announced to be the "fresh meat" of the champions. But instead of fighting, they get almost killed in every which way by their opponents (which includes being liquefied and thrown repeatedly), leading Mr. Krabs to berate them for not doing their job, but they do not listen and keep having fun with it. SpongeBob and Patrick soon fall asleep and (while they are unconscious) the opponents decide to kill them with their deadly finishing move. Mr. Krabs is scared that they will die and he will not get the million dollars. At the last minute, SpongeBob and Patrick end up winning, thanks to Patrick's iron buns.
Mr. Krabs is super excited, thinking the money is his, but there was another prize which was Wrestle Camp, only to find, much to his dismay, SpongeBob and Patrick choose to go to Wrestle Camp instead. As a man uses a vacuum to suck up all of the money away from Mr. Krabs, he turns into pieces as SpongeBob places a Wrestling Camp hat on him, as the episode ends.
- The two wrestlers beating up SpongeBob and Patrick over and over.
- Mr. Krabs saying "gimme" and "money" and then slowing down before he stops.
- Mr. Krabs berating SpongeBob and Patrick for not fighting the wrestlers.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Team Trophy - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [opening]
• The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Free?! Gimme, gimme, gimme..."]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["The most anticipated event of the wrestling season!"]
• Face Off - Nicolas Carr ["Hundreds of wrestlers from around the world face off against the heavyweight champs."]
• Sponge Shredder - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez [heavyweight champs introduced]
• Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs sees the million-dollar cash prize]
• Birth of the Krabby Patty - Nicolas Carr ["Million... dollars... cash... prize?!"]
‣ Battle March Link (f) - Keith Mansfield [Krabs rips his shirt off]
‣ Roman March - Robert Sharples [wrestling match begins]
• Face Off - Nicolas Carr ["No living soul should suffer through what I've witnessed today."]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr ["Except maybe..."]
• Seaweed 1 - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob and Patrick blindfolded]
• Sponge Crusher - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick in the ring]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero ["Hey, who are those guys, Mr. Krabs?"]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["The act?"]
• Steel Licks 2 - Jeremy Wakefield ["We like pretending!"]
‣ ? [workout videos]
• Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I can even do it in my sleep"]
‣ Men of the Sea - Peter Hope ["Wow! Can we have cool nicknames, too?"]
• Steel Licks 8 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Now go out there, wrestle me up a million dollars!"]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hmm? Oh, yeah."]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["In this corner we have the challengers...!"]
‣ Do the Hitchhike - Syd Dale [Krusty Krushers announced]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["And on the opposite side of the ring, we have the undefeated champions."]
• Sponge Crusher - Nicolas Carr [champions announced]
• Face Off - Nicolas Carr [champions approach SpongeBob and Patrick]
• Sponge Shredder - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez ["Don't be afraid, it's just them."]
• Steel Licks 7 - Jeremy Wakefield ["Yeah! How fun was that?"]
• Comedic Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston ["Did you need something, Mr. Krabs?"]
‣ Entry of the Heroes D - Gregor F. Narholz ["Right! Come on, Patrick, let's show these two what they're messing with."]
‣ Entry of the Heroes A - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob threatens the wrestlers]
• Steel Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I got a paper cut!"]
• Sponge Crusher - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick get turned into a paddle ball]
• Metal Madness - Nicolas Carr, Ron Wasserman [champions use SpongeBob and Patrick as a paddle ball]
• Electric Guitar Licks - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick collide]
• Mounting Metal Mayhem - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick get thrown in the cement mixer]
• Unknown Goofy Cue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["What are you doing out there?!"]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, where'd they-"]
• Sponge Crusher - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, no! Not the..."]
‣ Lullaby Box - Leo Nissim [sleeper hold]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["End it?!"]
• Sponge Shredder - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez [Krabs trying to wake SpongeBob and Patrick]
‣ ? [Patrick's dream]
• Sponge Shredder - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez ["Oh, who am I kidding?"]
• Electric Guitar Licks - Nicolas Carr [champions collide with Patrick's iron butt]
• Steel Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield [champions defeated]
‣ Ancient Fanfare [#51] - Harry Bluestone [SpongeBob and Patrick win]
‣ Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples [$1 million]
‣ Gala Premiere - Laurie Johnson [SpongeBob and Patrick choose Wrestle Camp]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- The episode is available on the SpongeBob's Truth or Square, Slumber Party, Season 6 Volume 2, Holidays with SpongeBob 3-DVD Gift Set, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Triple Pack 1, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 9, Complete Sixth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Deep-Sea Games, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Big Hits: Volume 1, Next 100 Episodes, and The Best 200 Episodes Ever DVDs.
- On the Winner Take All Sunday marathon, this episode was #7 A.
- "Krusty Krushers" was ranked #20 during the SpongeBob's Top 100 event in the UK and Ireland from June 4-8, 2012.
- This episode was originally going to be titled "The Garbage Men."
- This episode premiered as one of seven in the Super Stuffed Nicksgiving Weekend 2008. It was also the same day as the premiere of The Penguins of Madagascar.
- Many of the people waiting in line to fight the champions first appeared in "No Weenies Allowed."
- "My leg!:" The fighters were defeated by two strong wrestlers.
- Patrick mentions that he is afraid of the dark in this episode. This is also heard in "Night Light."
- The blanket used to tuck SpongeBob and Patrick in bed at the arena is a larger version of the blanket SpongeBob normally sleeps with in episodes that show his room.
- This episode marks the briefest appearance of flower clouds, as they only appear 10 seconds when the wrestlers do a stunt that requires them to dive past the ceiling and back into the arena.
- The scene with Patrick's butt cheeks clapping and the iron buns have both become internet memes, the former in particular being famous for Vines.
- SpongeBob and Patrick's opponents are way more muscular than they are, but in "The Fry Cook Games," SpongeBob and Patrick are able to become muscular themselves.
- The opponents' finishing move is putting SpongeBob and Patrick into a deep sleep and divebombing them is what allows Patrick to unleash his Iron Buns and defeat them.
- Mr. Krabs could have entered the wrestling match himself instead of hiring SpongeBob and Patrick.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob and Patrick are involved in wrestling and Mr. Krabs acts like the manager. The first was "The Fry Cook Games."
- In Germany, this episode is called "Die krossen knochenbrecher," which translates to "The Crispy Bone Crusher."
- According to The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash marathon's Celebrity Favorites, George Lopez rated this episode his favorite.
- The fish in the crowd shot looks similar to the shot from "The Fry Cook Games" in the scene of the Fish sticks, using the same fish.
- When the opponents put SpongeBob and Patrick into a deep sleep to finish them off, Patrick gets a dream of his Iron Bun workout which allows him to defeat them. This is similar to "Fear of a Krabby Patty," when Plankton puts SpongeBob into a hypnotic sleep to subconsciously tell him the formula, but SpongeBob instead gets a dream which cures his fear of krabby patties moments later.
- The two giant wrestlers are dressed up in this episode like Tarzan Goto and X.
- The Royal Rumble is in fact a real wrestling event produced by the WWE. However, there are 30 wrestlers with one coming out every 90 seconds, the wrestlers must wear their opponent down and throw them over the top rope of the ring, and both feet must touch the floor. The last one standing gets the guaranteed #1 contender spot to face either the current Universal Champion or the current WWE Champion at WrestleMania, another WWE Pay Per View event.
- The two wrestlers resemble Undertaker and Kane, the "Brothers of Destruction," who are real wrestlers who have been on the WWE Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown shows.
- The Sleeper Hold is a real wrestling move, and is used by WWE Superstars Dolph Ziggler and Roddy Piper.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are offered to choose the $1,000,000 cash prize or curtain #2, it is possibly a reference to the game show Let's Make a Deal, which features three curtains (numbered #1 to #3) as part of the show.
- After Mr. Krabs first laughs, his movement is suddenly skipped.
- When Patrick is showing off his metal bottom to SpongeBob, his bandanna disappears suddenly, and returns after Patrick gets up, and it vanishes again when Patrick and SpongeBob tell the microphone guy that they are there to fake wrestle.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick tell Mr. Krabs they like pretending, the frames suddenly change between the scene and the duo staring at each other beforehand.
- When Mr. Krabs says "Don't we all?," the animation of him saying "They're just pretending!" is reused.
- When SpongeBob bends the spatula, it is considerably long, but when the camera zooms out, it is shorter than its previous length then it is back to normal.
- When Patrick gets a paper cut, he cuts his right arm, but sucks on his left.
- When Patrick and SpongeBob are spinning in the air and about to get shred into pieces, SpongeBob is briefly wearing his regular clothes instead of his wrestling uniform.
- A similar error can also be found in "A Life in a Day."
- ^ https://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/107924-Krusty-Krushers
- ^ bcdb.com/cartoon/107924-Krusty-Krushers