It is a slate-gray / dark blue cash register. Its sole purpose is to store money given by customers at the Krusty Krab.
Role in series
In their strive to see if whether he is a robot or not, SpongeBob and Squidward place many of Mr. Krabs' technology on his desk and smash them with a baseball bat, followed by Mr. Krabs revealing the price and value of the items; SpongeBob finally adds the cash register and says it is the last "robot," only to reconsider destroying it when Mr. Krabs cries and expresses his sorrow should the device be destroyed. This moment reveals that this is indeed the real Mr. Krabs, as the robots SpongeBob saw in the movie were cited to have zero emotions, including the inability to cry.
Mr. Krabs names it Cashy while he is stuck in the lagoon by himself. The Flying Dutchman taters to take it away from him, but the thug war ends in Cashy being launched into the air. It hits Sandy's helicopter, making it hit the Flying Dutchman, knocking him out and later crashing into the Goo Lagoon sands.
Mr. Krabs calls it Cashy once again when it is set alight by fire.
Mr. Krabs again calls it Cashy when the giant Krabby Patty swallows it whole.
It has been damaged many times, mostly by explosions.
- "Employee of the Month": The explosion decimates the whole Krusty Krab.
- "Suds": SpongeBob's suds make the Krusty Krab explode.
- "Dying for Pie": The exploding pie incident causes all of Bikini Bottom to explode.
- "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm": The Alaskan Bull Worm crushes the Krusty Krab.
- "Just One Bite": Squidward eats too many Krabby Patties all in single bites and later explodes along with the Krusty Krab due to overeating.
- "Can You Spare a Dime?": The drawer is ripped out of it, bending the metal around the hole and top.
- "Skill Crane": Squidward's carelessness destroys the Krusty Krab.
- "Krusty Towers": It is at the bottom of the hotel and does the most damage.
- "Spy Buddies": Patrick's cannon shot leads the blimp to the Krusty Krab exploding.
- "The Krusty Plate": The Spot-Master 6000's explosion destroys the Krusty Krab.
- "Pat No Pay": The trash chute explosion destroys the Krusty Krab.
- "SpongeHenge": The Krusty Krab is destroyed by the sand burial.
- "Stanley S. SquarePants": When Stanley touches the cash register, it ignites.
- "The Curse of the Hex": It is set on fire when Mr. Krabs refuses to serve Madame Hagfish, who subsequently curses the Krusty Krab and eventually sets fire to all of the money inside.
- "Sponge-Cano!": It gets burned by the volcano's lava.
- "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom": Once the giant Krabby Patty becomes too big and everyone starts running, it gets absorbed by the Krabby Patty.
- "Eek, an Urchin!": It is pounded with a mallet by Mr. Krabs because the sea urchin is inside of it.
- "The String": It is split in half by SpongeBob using the string.
- "Texas": When Mr. Krabs is crying during the Texas Song, the register throws him into the wall.
- "Squid's Day Off": It is knocked over by Squidward, making all of the money inside of it spill out.
- "The Incredible Shrinking Sponge": Squidward uses the cash register to try and squish a sea urchin, before he gets his head stuck in it.
- "ChefBob": SpongeBob slams ChefBob in it numerous times to try to destroy the puppet and get it off his hand.
- In the German dub, the cash register is named "Betsy," the name of Mr. Krabs' mother. It is also named Betsy in the Spanish dub and in the season 5 episode "Banned in Bikini Bottom"
- Its name is Kassie in Dutch.
- Mr. Krabs got it when it was just a little calculator and raised it as if it was his own child.
- Like Karen Plankton, it was a calculator when it was younger.
- Mr. Krabs refers to this technology as an automated money-handling system in "Krusty Krab Training Video."
- In SpongeBob's Truth or Square, Cashy is named "Cashie."