"Krusty Katering" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season ten. In this episode, Mr. Krabs and his crew cater a fancy party, but they might be out of their depth with their new wealthy customers.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Billy (turquoise fish) (green, blue, yellow, and purple)
- Patrick Star
- Ms. Mildred (debut)
- Spiky (debut)
- Nathiel Waters
- Horace B. Magic (cameo)
- Music school headmistress (cameo)
- Orange fish (cameo)
- Billy (blue fish) (debut)
- Band (debut)
- Balloon rock kid (debut)
- Sheldon J. Plankton (as a piñata)
- King Neptune (mentioned)
Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward start to cater to Billy's birthday party for kids. Patrick is the clown and tries to make a balloon animal for the kids. It turns out to be a giant ball of tied-up balloons. Patrick tells a kid that it is a rock and the child flies away with the balloon. Mr. Krabs tells Squidward to go give the kids their Krabby Patties, which scares Squidward because of the many germs that the kids have. One of the children sneezes on the patties and Squidward is disgusted by this especially when the other children eat the patties, causing him to throw up.
SpongeBob is seen as a bouncy house, while the kids hit a Plankton piñata. The birthday kid intentionally hits Mr. Krabs with the bat, instead of the piñata, causing money to fall out. Mr. Krabs angrily asks if he looks like a piñata as the kid confirms this and leads the other children in a charge causing Mr. Krabs to run. A child wearing spiked shoes appears, causing SpongeBob to tell him to take them off, but the child ignores this, making him burst.
The Krusty Crew realizes the kids are too wild, so Mr. Krabs throws the birthday kid as his crew makes a break for it. As the four run away, they cross paths with Ms. Mildred, a wealthy woman who asks them if they are high-class caterers she hired for a party. Mr. Krabs, seizing the opportunity to make money, lies that they are and uses Squidward's ink to make them fancy tuxedos. Mildred pays them with a large check and when SpongeBob questions Mr. Krabs' motive, the latter silences his employees by threatening to return to the chaotic birthday party. He then has them prepare for the party.
The crew is mesmerized by the fancy sights and people as Squidward remarks that the high class wouldn't believe their food is appetizing. Mr. Krabs agrees and sends SpongeBob out to fancy the food. Krabs then looks around to see what people they are serving just as the birthday child appears in his clothes again, demanding his cake. Mr. Krabs then gets rid of the kid again when SpongeBob appears with Patties with gems embedded in them. Mr. Krabs questions this and the fry cook reveals he found a chest of gems to fancy the food, causing Mr. Krabs to admonish him for his actions of stealing as SpongeBob apologizes and tells him where he found them.
Patrick serves the patties to the people but after eating one of them himself, he goes on a wild streak and starts eating the patties reserved for the guests. Squidward spots a band performing for the party and after stealing the clarinet from one of the members, he decides to join them. However, his terrible playing causes the other members to run away and, oblivious to his lack of talent, he pursues them.
Meanwhile, Mr. Krabs tries to return the gems SpongeBob stole as the birthday child appears once more and threatens to light a series of fireworks if he is not given his cake. Krabs takes away the fireworks and reprimands the child for his dangerous actions as the child realizes his actions and then affectionately hugs him. However, Ms. Mildred calls Mr. Krabs, who throws the birthday kid down a laundry chute, and informs him of Patrick's actions. He promises to look into it after completing his original assignment.
SpongeBob scolds Patrick for his crazy and foolish behavior and tries to stop him from eating the food, causing a chunk of it to fly into Squidward's clarinet. After he blows it out the chunk hits a guest, resulting in a food fight between them. Mr. Krabs finally arrives at the room SpongeBob got the gems from and finds the birthday kid hopping on the large waterbed. He tries to stop him but his pointy feet cause the bed to burst, leading to a large flood.
During the food fight, Ms. Mildred tries to calm her guests but is caught up in it herself. Mr. Krabs runs from the large rushing of water as Ms. Mildred chases him for his actions but she is swept away by the flood along with SpongeBob and the guests. Mr. Krabs trips on a chunk of the patty, which launches him in the air above a chandelier and ignites the fireworks he took from the birthday kid. Krabs is shot out of the mansion as Squidward and Patrick flee behind him as the flood follows them.
The birthday kid is shown surfing on Mr. Krabs' check just as he is hit with his birthday cake while Krabs is upset about his check's location and Ms. Mildred complains about her party. The episode ends with SpongeBob as a bouncy house again laughing at the events while the kid on the balloon screams as he's floating around the scene.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Dombummel - Gerhard Trede [Opening.]
‣ Battle March Link (f) - Keith Mansfield ["They all seem so... full of germs!"]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (d) - Keith Mansfield ["Okay, I'm going in."]
‣ At the Zoo - Gerhard Trede [Kid touches all the patties and sneezes on Squidward.]
‣ Circus Parade (a) - Dick Stephen Walter ["Hey, kids!"]
‣ Circus Parade (b) - Dick Stephen Walter ["I'm a...!"]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Kids and Patrick scream.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hey, I'm not paying you to play hide and seek!"]
‣ Merry as a Grig - Van Phillips [Patrick makes a balloon for a kid.]
‣ Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Kids chase Mr. Krabs.]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez [Kid with spiky shoes and helmet appear.]
‣ Short Rising Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["These children are menaces!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Come on, men, let's cheese it!"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Tony Tape, Gil Flat, Florian Voelxen ["Are you the high-class caterers I hired for an extraordinarily large sum of money?"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["But where are your tuxedos?"]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward squirts ink tuxedos.]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr [Woman gives Krabs a check.]
‣ Unknown Track 37 - Nicolas Carr [Krabs rolls around the check.]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr ["We are anything we need to be!"]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [Kids party in ruins.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Start setting up inside."]
‣ Candlelight Waltz - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward inside the mansion.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs throws the kid out of the door.]
‣ Drama Link (f) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs screams as he sees the kid at the window.]
‣ The Annoying Salesman - Nicolas Carr [Krabs closing window blinds.]
‣ Terror - Alan Braden [Five kids screaming for birthday cake.]
‣ Ballroom Romance - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Patties covered in jewels.]
‣ Four Evil Men (c) - Trevor Duncan [Patrick hogging the food.]
‣ Big Band Beat - [Optigan sample] [Band playing.]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward playing the clarinet.]
‣ Murder in Mind - Kenny Graham ["All right, what did he say?"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (w) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Young boy like yourself shouldn't be playing with fireworks."]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield ["It's like you're my real father."]
‣ Noodly Shenanigans - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Um, yes, ma'am?"]
‣ Four Evil Men (c) - Trevor Duncan [Patrick taking people's food.]
‣ Murder in Mind - Kenny Graham ["I'll be right down to have a look."]
‣ Four Evil Men (c) - Trevor Duncan [Patrick jumps onto a table.]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Food fight at the mansion.]
‣ Unknown Track 45 - Nicolas Carr ["This must be the place."]
‣ Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr [Krabs enters the room.]
‣ Harps and Bells - Nicolas Carr ["...waterbed?"]
‣ Merry as a Grig - Van Phillips [Kid jumping on a waterbed.]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Water bed bursts.]
‣ Slipping and Sliding Stooges - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- This episode, along with its sister, is dedicated to Barry Anthony Trop, a former music composer for the show (1952-2016). His dedication can be seen in the credits.
- This and its sister episode are the fourth episodes to be dedicated to someone. The first was The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie when it was dedicated to Jules Engel (1909-2003), the second was "Karate Island" when it was dedicated to Pat Morita (1932-2005), and the third was "Super Evil Aquatic Villain Team Up is Go!" when it was dedicated to Ernest Borgnine (1917-2012).
- This and "Snooze You Lose" are the last episodes aired to use the 2009-2017 Nickelodeon Productions logo at the end of the episode.
- Squidward plays the same clarinet music as he played it in "Snooze You Lose," this episode's sister episode.
- Patrick holds up his pinkie when he sells food, which is a reference to "Tea at the Treedome" when he says "When in doubt, pinky out."
- Mr. Krabs wears a latex covering to protect himself from germs, however in "Ghoul Fools," he says he does not believe in germs.
- This episode premiered 17 years after "Help Wanted," Reef Blower," and "Tea at the Treedome" premiered in Canada, 14 years after Lost at Sea, Anchors Away, and The Sponge Who Could Fly VHS were released, 11 years after "Squeaky Boots" premiered in China, nine years after "Not Normal" premiered, and two years after The SpongeBob Movie Game: Sponge on the Run updated for the second time and "Plankton's Pet" premiered in Germany and Poland.
- This episode premiered in Canada 12 years after the premiere of "The Lost Mattress" and "Krabs vs. Plankton," seven years after the premiere of "Pet or Pests" and "Komputer Overload" in Poland, four years after "Are You Happy Now?" premiered in Poland, three years after the premiere of "Chocolate with Nuts" and "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V" in Poland, and two years after the release of SpongeBob Comics No. 44 and SpongeBob's Game Frenzy.
- The episode premiered in Russia and Turkey 12 years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in theaters in Russia, Singapore, and the Czech Republic, eight years after "Toy Store of Doom" premiered, and two years after the tenth clip of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water was released online.
- This episode premiered in Iberia 10 years after "Born to Be Wild" and "Best Frenemies" premiered in the United States, five years after "Are You Happy Now?" and "Planet of the Jellyfish" also premiered in the US, three years after "SpongeBob You're Fired" premiered in Southeast Asia, and two years after The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water soundtrack was released on CD.
- This is the first episode to use the APM track "Wooden Bear" since "Karen 2.0."
- The date on Mr. Krabs' check is October 16.
- The Plankton piñata changes angles during scenes.
- When a kid writes "birthday cake," the E appears briefly, then disappears.
- The balloon rock kid should've kept rising higher into the sky, while instead he just was at the same elevation once in the air.
- The rock balloon should had never floated because Patrick didn't put helium inside the balloons. With helium, the balloon would had floated, and if Patrick blows up the balloons, they would had never floated.
- Billy appearing and screaming "I want my birthday cake!" at Mr. Krabs.
- Squidward's bad clarinet playing, causing the band to run away and him chasing after them.
- A crazed Patrick stealing patties from guests.
- Billy calling Mr. Krabs "Daddy."