"Krusty Dogs" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season seven. In this episode, SpongeBob creates a hot dog from Krabby Patty meat, but this leads to Mr. Krabs removing Krabby Patties from the menu.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- French Narrator
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 105 (name revealed)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 107
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 92
- Incidental 64
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 63
- Fred (blue)
- Incidental 25
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 151 (name revealed)
- Incidental 4
- Incidental 46
- Incidental 48
- Incidental 108
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 23
- Incidental 37A
- Incidental 2
- Incidental 82
- Incidental 81
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 47
- Incidental 68
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 67
- Incidental 40
- King Neptune (mentioned)
After preparing a large batch of Krabby Patties, SpongeBob moulds the leftover Krabby Patty meat into a strange shape that resembles a hot dog. He calls it the Krusty Dog and Mr. Krabs starts serving it for twice the amount of a Krabby Patty. The Krusty Dogs quickly become popular and Mr. Krabs eventually decides to remove Krabby Patties from the menu. He even replaces the grill with a hot dog rotisserie machine, much to SpongeBob's dismay.
SpongeBob soon teams up with Squidward to get rid of the Krusty Dogs and bring back the Krabby Patties. Squidward pretends that he is suffering abdominal pain due to the Krusty Dog and SpongeBob gives a speech trying to persuade the customers to go back to eating Krabby Patties, but neither one of these attempts work. In a last-ditch attempt to abolish the Krusty Dogs, SpongeBob stuffs a balloon inside one and quickly pumps air into it after he serves it to a customer. The Krusty Dog explodes in the customer's face and everyone panics, fleeing the scene.
Mr. Krabs decides to bring the Krabby Patties back and Squidward is made to stand outside the restaurant advertising the patties, only to be kicked by a woman who thinks he did not receive good enough education.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob making things out of Krabby Patty meat]
‣ Against All Odds - Paul Lawler ["Ooh!"]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob enters Mr. Krabs' office.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Squidward standing outside]
• The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Frank orders a wiener.]
• Jovial Pirate's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [More customers asking for wieners.]
• Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob, three more Krusty Dogs, pronto!"]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Just make the wieners?"]
‣ Shock - Cornelus Joh Bolten [Krabby Patties are crossed off from the menu.]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [SpongeBob horrified]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [ambulance arrives]
• Dirgey - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [Mr. Krabs throws the grill away]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green ["SpongeBob... SpongeBob... wake up..."]
‣ Variety Link (d) - Dick Stephen Walter ["But now we have this!"]
• Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [hot dog rotisserie]
• Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob a pair of tongs.]
• Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob talks to Squidward.]
• Steel Licks 9 - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward in a hot dog suit/Billy kicks Squidward.]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Yeah, good point."]
• Hawaiian Slide - Nicolas Carr, Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs runs outside.]
• Melodramatic Moments - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Krusty Dog?! Those wieners have got to go!"]
• Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob serving Krusty Dogs to the customers.]
‣ War Statement 3 - Laurie Johnson ["We have got to get rid of these wieners and bring back the Krabby Patty."]
‣ War Statement 10 - Laurie Johnson ["We have got to get rid of these wieners and bring back the Krabby Patty."]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Hooray!"]
‣ Menace [#37] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Help! I'm having terrible abdominal pain! I think it was the... the..."]
‣ Menace [#38] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["The wiener!"]
‣ Man from the Ministry [#73] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob disguised as an old man/SpongeBob talking about the Krusty Dogs.]
• Steel Licks 19 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm not really concerned about possible ill health effects."]
‣ Imminent 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["We need stronger tactics."]
• Great Idea Patrick - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea.]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (f) - Keith Mansfield ["Beautiful."]
• Tip Toe Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Your Krusty Dog, sir, with extra mustard."]
• Ascending Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob inflating the Krusty Dog.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [The Krusty Dog explodes.]
• Steel Licks 14 - Jeremy Wakefield [The customers leave.]
• Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Ending]
- This episode is available on the Complete Seventh Season, SpongeBob, You're Fired!, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 12, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Welcome Aboard, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This is the third episode in which Squidward wears a costume to promote the Krusty Krab. The first one was "Bossy Boots" and the second was "The Krusty Sponge."
- The Krusty Krab was shown to serve a hot dog known as the Krusty Kelp Dog in "Nasty Patty."
- SpongeBob boils the very first Krusty Dog in water, but in reality, if one boils hamburger meat in water, it would just fall apart. Though hot dogs in real life are made with ground meat, they are tightly packed in a casing which keeps them from falling apart.
- This is the second episode where the grill is removed. The first is "Bossy Boots."
- Innuendo: The line that Squidward says "It only seemed to increased their appetites for wieners."
- Squidward also says, "We'll do it until Mr. Krabs' whole wiener thing blows up right into his face."
- SpongeBob seen unconscious with open eyes is similar to Kate from 1990 film Mermaids who got rescued by nuns after suffering major drowning.
- When Mr. Krabs crosses out Krabby Patties on the menu, a woman is eating one right behind him.
- SpongeBob has trouble holding a pair of tongs, but when he boils the very first Krusty Dog prior, he uses tongs with no trouble. Although he is missing the Krabby Patties the second time he holds them.
- SpongeBob should not have been able to see "The Krusty Dogs" on the sign because the back of it was facing the Krusty Krab window, which is where he was.
- After SpongeBob takes 16 patties with the patty cutter, it is shown that he blew out 12 patties, and when they go to the table, 39 patties go on it.
- After Mr. Krabs crosses the Krabby Patty off the menu and the ambulance comes, Squidward's workstation is not seen in the Krusty Krab.
- Someone kicking Squidward whenever he wears a costume.