| But I can certainly learn!
This article is in need of one or more references. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia to add more references.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Krabby Patty Gary (debut)
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- French Narrator
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Frank (red shirt) (name revealed)
- Squidward Tentacles
- Frankie Billy
- Nathiel Waters
- Dennis (citizen)
- Martha Smith
- Fred (blue)
- Norma Rechid
- Billy (name revealed)
- Abigail Marge
- Jimmy Gus
- Nat Peterson
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- King Neptune (mentioned)
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob prepares a large batch of Krabby Patties. He humorously shapes its byproduct with the last of the Krabby Patty pieces into figures such as Gary, a hat and a phone. After his last joke in which he seems to be talking to Gary on the aforementioned phone, he makes a figure resembling a hot dog. He cooks it in a pot and the product is given to Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob suggests adding the Krusty Dog to the menu. Mr. Krabs says he can only add it to the menu if he uses leftover Krabby Patty meat. A customer is curious about where the employees are and looks into the kitchen to find the latest product and is impressed. The happy customer convinces others to buy it. After serving several eager customers, Mr. Krabs puts the product under the name Krusty Dog on the Galley Grub for $3.99 or $4.99 "avec fromage," which means "with cheese" in French.
Gaining a higher popularity than Krabby Patties, Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob for an eraser. SpongeBob asks why but Mr. Krabs tells him "nevermind" and uses his pencil to cross Krabby Patties off the menu since no one orders them anymore. SpongeBob starts to hyperventilate and faints. He is woken by Mr. Krabs and two paramedics, who he asks what happened. They tell him he fainted and SpongeBob says he had a bad dream where the Patties were crossed off the menu. He sees Mr. Krabs pushing his grill out of the restaurant and he realizes his dream is real. He starts hyperventilating again while the paramedics try to calm him down. He later notices that the advertising for the Krusty Krab has changed and Squidward is dressed as a Krusty Dog mascot, only to be kicked by Tyler who thinks he looks silly, and talks to his mother, Sadie, about how Squidward did not receive a good education. SpongeBob tries to convince Mr. Krabs to put Krabby Patties back on the menu by saying they are what gave the Krusty Krab its name. Hearing this, Mr. Krabs changes the name of the restaurant to "The Krusty Dogs," much to SpongeBob's dismay.
In a plan to get Krabby Patties back, SpongeBob asks customers if they were enjoying their food and then lies about what horrible things they do to people, such as giving people an unsightly skin condition. After little success, he turns to Squidward, who is at the register still in the mascot costume and asks SpongeBob what he wants. SpongeBob tells Squidward that they must get the Krabby Patties back, and Squidward says that he can't believe it but he agrees. Later, Squidward dramatically flings the front door of the restaurant open and collapses saying his stomach hurt. After SpongeBob reminds him to pretend he ate them, he says that he thinks it was the wieners that caused it. SpongeBob then comes in dressed as an elderly man and says that people should revert to what they did in older times: get rid of the Krusty Dogs and bring back Krabby Patties.
A customer asks why they should and another replies to her talking about nostalgia, while the first customer says that she has never heard of it. Squidward realizes that people seem to be even more attracted to the Krusty Dogs after that and SpongeBob thinks about what to do. He gets an idea and stuffs a balloon into a Krusty Dog and serves it to a customer. He then inflates the Krusty Dog with an air pump attached to it and the customer who asked why Krabby Patties should be brought back sees it and shouts that it is about to explode, causing everyone to panic. The Krusty Dog explodes in the customer's face and everyone leaves, leaving Mr. Krabs shocked. SpongeBob is glad that his plan worked and suggests bringing the Patties back.
After the Krabby Patties regain popularity, Squidward is shown dressed in a Krabby Patty costume again only to be kicked by Sadie who is once again talking about good education with her son and how Squidward did not receive good education.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob making things out of Krabby Patty meat]
‣ Against All Odds - Paul Lawler ["Ooh!"]
‣ Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob enters in Mr. Krabs office]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm..."]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Squidward standing outside]
‣ The Krusty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Frank buys wiener]
‣ Jovial Pirates Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [More customers asking for wieners]
‣ Salty Krab Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob, three more Krusty Dogs, pronto!"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Just make the wieners?"]
‣ Shock - Cornelus Joh Bolten [Krabby Patties are crossed off from the menu]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [SpongeBob horrified]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [ambulance arrives]
‣ Dirgey - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [Krabs throws the grill away]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green ["SpongeBob... SpongeBob... wake up..."]
‣ Variety Link (d) - Dick Stephen Walter ["But now we have this!"]
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [hot dog rotisserie]
‣ Sailor's Sting 18 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs gives SpongeBob a pair of tongs]
‣ Lopey Sailor's Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob talks to Squidward]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward in a hot dog suit/Billy kicks Squidward]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Yeah, good point."]
‣ Hawaiian Slide - Nicolas Carr, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs runs outside]
‣ Sailor's Sting 15 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Krusty Dog?! Those wieners have got to go!"]
‣ Another Krusty Krab Day - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob serving Krusty Dogs to the customers]
‣ War Statement 3 - Laurie Johnson ["We have got to get rid of these wieners and bring back the Krabby Patty."]
‣ War Statement 10 - Laurie Johnson ["We have got to get rid of these wieners and bring back the Krabby Patty."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Hooray!"]
‣ Menace [#37] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Help! I'm having terrible abdominal pain! I think it was the... the..."]
‣ Menace [#38] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["The wiener!"]
‣ Man from the Ministry [#73] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob disguised as an old man/SpongeBob talking about the Krusty Dogs]
‣ Steel Sting (n) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm not really concerned about possible ill health effects."]
‣ Imminent 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["We need stronger tactics."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (f) - Keith Mansfield ["Beautiful."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 6 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Your Krusty Dog, sir, with extra mustard."]
‣ Ascending Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob inflating the Krusty Dog]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [Krusty Dog explodes]
‣ Steel Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [customers leave]
‣ Jolly Little Roger - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Ending]
- This episode is available on the Complete Seventh Season, SpongeBob, You're Fired!, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- The theme of this episode is very similar to "Pizza Delivery," in which a different type of food is made with Krabby Patties.
- This is one of very few episodes where someone wears a costume to promote the Krusty Krab. Two others are "Bossy Boots" and "The Krusty Sponge." The next one is "The Good Krabby Name."
- This isn't the first episode where hot dogs have been sold at the Krusty Krab, as the restaurant is revealed to sell one called the Krusty Kelp Dog in "Nasty Patty."
- During the change in the menu, after Squidward calls the wieners "highway robbery" at the price ($4.99), Mr. Krabs replies with "avec fromage," which means "with cheese" in French, and $4.99 is the price of the hot dog with cheese.
- The Galley Grub on this episode is the same as the one from "Pickles" and "Krusty Krab Training Video."
- When Mr. Krabs comes up with the idea to sell Krusty Dogs, he eliminates Krabby Patties from the menu. In "Pizza Delivery," he didn't eliminate Krabby Patties from the menu when he came up with the idea to sell pizza.
- When Mr. Krabs renames his restaurant "The Krusty Dogs," SpongeBob mispronounces it as "Krusty Dog."
- When SpongeBob looks out the window to see Mr. Krabs renaming the restaurant, it is impossible for him to read the signpost from that angle.
- In several countries it was banned or changed to hot dog due to the characters saying weiner and weenies a lot making a reference on male genitalia.
- SpongeBob boils the very first hot dog in water, but in reality, if one boils hamburger meat in water, it would fall apart. Though hot dogs in real life are made with ground meat, they are tightly packed in casing, which keeps them from falling apart, though Krabby Patties are not regular meat, due to having a secret formula.
- This episode has given a secret away unintentionally; the secret of the Krabby Patty Formula must be a compound to hold the meat together, as evidenced by the above fact.
- This is the second episode to have food as a background on the title card. The first is "Chocolate With Nuts."
- This is the second time the grill is removed. The first was "Bossy Boots."
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs renames his restaurant without dropping the "Krusty" part. The first was in "The Krusty Sponge."
- SpongeBob doesn't seem to know what a hot dog is in the episode "SpongeBob You're Fired," which suggests that episode takes place before this one.
- This episode premiered on John O'Hurley's 56th birthday and three years after the Atlantis SquarePantis book was released.
- This episode premiered in Latin America on Ricky Gervais' 51st birthday and one year after "The Other Patty" premiered.
- When Mr. Krabs crosses out Krabby Patties on the menu, a woman is eating one right behind him.
- SpongeBob had trouble holding a pair of tongs, but when he boiled the very first Krusty dog (which was before that other scene), he was using tongs, with no trouble. Although he was missing the Krabby Patties the second time he holded them.
- SpongeBob shouldn't have been able to see "The Krusty Dogs" on the sign because the back of it was facing the Krusty Krab window, which is where he was.
- After SpongeBob took 16 patties with the patty cutter, it is shown that SpongeBob blows out 12 patties and when they go to the table, 39 patties go on the table.
- After Mr. Krabs crosses the Krabby Patty and the ambulance comes, Squidward's workstation is not seen in the Krusty Krab.
- Squidward wearing a Krusty Dog and a Krabby Patty mascot with two signs, "Try New Krusty Dogs" and "They're Back!" costumes and someone kicking him.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found