- French Narrator
- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Jimmy Gus
- Medley Fishbowl
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Nathiel Waters
- Norma Rechid
- Tina Fran
- Miss Rechid
- Monroe Timmy
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Susie Rechid
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Old Man Walker
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Santa Claus (mentioned)
- Jack Frost (mentioned)
- Harold (red fish)
- Debbie Rechid
- Abigail Marge
- Karen Plankton
- Bikini Bottom Hockey Team (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail
- Mrs. Puff (storyboard and deleted scene)
During the freezing weather in Bikini Bottom, Squidward complains about the temperature in the Krusty Krab. When Squidward tries to turn up the heat on the thermostat, Mr. Krabs berates him, inferring that the thermostat is set so low because heating costs money, allowing Plankton to get an idea to freeze his competition out of business. He sneaks into the Krusty Krab late at night and takes toilet paper. He then starts rapidly changing the temperature on the thermostat, with an elderly fish coming out of the bathroom realizing he was locked in.
The next morning, Plankton has frozen the Krusty Krab down to -15 degrees causing Squidward to complain even more than he already was, but Mr. Krabs does not allow him to turn up the thermostat because of a poorly-taped piece of paper that says "62 degrees" that Plankton placed over the actual temperature display. Squidward notes that there are even icicles on the ceiling and the customers start to leave due to SpongeBob and Squidward slipping everywhere with their food. Plankton sees the customers leaving and rejoices. He then puts up a sign saying that the Chum Bucket is warm and speaks to a fish walking by, who is frightened by Plankton's eye looking through the huge telescope. Plankton is angry when he then sees the customers come back in winter wear. Mr. Krabs has turned the restaurant into an ice rink complete with a train ride for children and SpongeBob invents Patty Skates to help him keep his balance, Squidward, and the customers to get around, which is bought by the customers telling SpongeBob not to cook them. Mr. Krabs is very happy that he is selling Krabby Patties without even needing to cook them and claims that he has made even more money than with the old Krusty Krab.Plankton sees Mr. Krabs with his money and is furious. Karen advises Plankton to swipe a Krabby Patty and he attempts to steal one but SpongeBob and the local hockey players (Who were actually trying to take the puck SpongeBob took by mistake) block the door after Plankton tries to run them over with the train but squashes them between the door. Plankton then goes over to the thermostat and reveals the true temperature, infuriating Mr. Krabs who finally realizes Squidward was right about the temperature, and attempts to attack Plankton for his actions. However, Plankton begins freezing and boiling the patrons by repeatedly turning the dial in both directions. He then falls off the dial, allowing Mr. Krabs to freeze him. Later, in the following summertime, Mr. Krabs turns the whole Krusty Krab into a popular public swimming pool, relaxing on a floating chair, while he thanks Plankton (trapped in an ice cube) for his ideas, and sips lemonade with Plankton as the ice in the drink, resulting in Plankton screaming.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Tripping Upstairs - Brian Peters [title card]
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [opening]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [62 degrees]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer ["WHO TOUCHED ME THERMOSTAT!?"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, thanks a..."]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [Krabs tells Squidward not to touch the thermostat]
‣ Off to Play - David Snell [kids playing in Krabs' yard]
‣ Like Strange - Kenny Graham ["That's right, run, Krabs."]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [Plankton gets eaten]
‣ Towerstreet 17 [#33] - Gerhard Narholz ["No matter, in four to six hours, I will have my revenge."]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [old man exits bathroom]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton freezes the Krusty Krab]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [mittens on SpongeBob's eyelashes]
‣ What's This Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [Krabs opens the Krusty Krab]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["The temperature stays at 62 degrees."]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't touch..."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney ["...THE THERMOSTAT!"]
‣ Drama Link (a) - Hubert Clifford [Plankton spying]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [customers complaining]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [customers leave...]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [...then come back]
‣ Tripping Upstairs - Brian Peters [SpongeBob skating]
‣ A Christmas Fantasy (a) - Ron Goodwin [everyone buying frozen patties]
‣ Like Strange - Kenny Graham ["No! How is this possible?!"]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["That's because unlike you, he's a good businessman."]
‣ Jolly Sleighride - Ib Glindemann [Krusty Krab turned into ice rink]
‣ Charge - ? [hockey team practicing]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Plankton tries to steal a patty]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob stops him]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Hey, SpongeBob, long time no see!"]
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [hockey team chases Plankton]
‣ Death of the Alien 1 [#38] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["The clamboni!"]
‣ Skaters Waltz - Emile Charles Waldteufel, George Wilson [Squidward skating]
‣ Death of the Alien 1 [#38] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [everyone blocking the exit]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [clamboni breaks down]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["You lose again, Plankton!"]
‣ Death of the Alien 1 [#38] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["The thermostat!"]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton changing the temperature]
‣ Sunny Samoa - George de Fretes, Jan Rap [swimming pool]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode is available on the Bikini Bottom Adventures, Season 5 Volume 1, Complete Fifth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- Although this episode premiered in 2007, it was made in 2006 according to the credits.
- This episode aired in Germany on Thursday, May 31, 2007, before it aired in the United States.
- This episode was available on the Bikini Bottom Adventures DVD, released earlier in 2007, before it aired on American television.
- The original storyboard for the episode featured Mrs. Puff as the hockey goalie. When the puck is hit at her, she puffs up to deflect it. This scene is still featured in the book and comic adaptations of the episode.
- This episode takes place after "Christmas Who?" due to Mr. Krabs knowing of Santa Claus.
- This episode's title is French for "Krabs with Ice Cream."
- When Squidward says, "Thanks a lot..." against SpongeBob because he gets into trouble with Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob happily replied "You're welcome." This is similar to a scene in "New Student Starfish" where SpongeBob, who gets into trouble with Mrs. Puff, does the same thing against Patrick.
- After coming out of the bathroom, Old Man Jenkins says he is "locked in again," which implies that he has been locked in the Krusty Krab before.
- It seems that the thermostat also affects areas outside the Krusty Krab.
- Mr. Krabs apparently does not notice that the thermostat really is not 62° and that the false temperature is written on a piece of paper taped to the thermostat. After Plankton pointed it out, he was angry at not noticing sooner.
- The false temperature is also written in a regular, curvy font, whereas the thermostat is digitally programmed.
- This is the first episode to have its title to use accents or diacritics.
- This is the first episode to use the Krusty Krab thermostat. The next episodes to do so are "Planet of the Jellyfish," "Eek, an Urchin!," and "Senior Discount."
- This was the first episode to be written by Eric Shaw.
- This is the second episode where Plankton has hidden inside something on Old Man Jenkins' tray. The first is "The Algae's Always Greener," where he hides inside his ketchup bottle.
- Also, Like Strange plays in both incidents.
- This episode marks the second instance of a pool opening up at the Krusty Krab.
- This is the third time a building got frozen. The first was SpongeBob's house in "Suds," and the second was Sandy's treedome in "Survival of the Idiots."
- This episode premiered one year after Who's Hungry? was released.
- To date, this episode marks the last usage of the APM track "Sunny Samoa."
- The title is French for “Krabs with ice cream”, which is also a pun on the food "pie à la mode," which is French for "Pie with ice cream."
- Plankton says he found Mr. Krabs' "Achilles' heel," referring to the ancient Greek hero Achilles' only weak spot, his heel.
- Plankton sarcastically refers to Karen as "the wind beneath my wings."
- This is a reference to the 1982 song of the same name.
- Clamboni is a spoof/parody of the Zamboni.
- When everyone points at Squidward for changing the thermostat, the Galley Grub is misspelled as "Gallery Grus."
- When Mr. Krabs turns the thermostat back to 62° at the beginning of the episode, he turns it the wrong way. He turns it to the right which is to increase the temperature, not left to decrease the temperature.
- Moments before the scene with the frozen cash register, it is not frozen.
- When Nat is shown entering the Krusty Krab, he and the two other customers are smaller than SpongeBob, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and the two other customers.
- When one of the Krabby Patties land on Squidward, it is green. In the next shot, it is brown.
- SpongeBob's Krusty Krab employee hat is missing when customers want patty skates, but it is back on when he delivers them.
- When SpongeBob starts giving people patty skates, he gives them uncooked burgers, not frozen patties.
- At one point, when Plankton is driving the Clamboni, Monroe Timmy and Susie Fishbowl do not have legs and Nat does not have lower legs.
- When Plankton is freezing and unfreezing people, the water is waist high, but when he falls off, and Mr. Krabs freezes him, the water is only an inch high.
- When Plankton falls in the water, Mr. Krabs freezes him using the thermostat. Mr. Krabs and every other person at the Krusty Krab should have been frozen too since they were also in the water. It's possible that Mr. Krabs jumped while freezing Plankton on the ground.
- When the episode begins, it's shown that it was snowing outside, but in the scene where the kids are playing in Mr. Krabs' yard, there's no snow or any signs of cold weather.
- When SpongeBob gets hit with the Clamboni, he is closest to the front of the Clamboni when everybody else gets ran over. However, when Plankton is trying to get out the door, SpongeBob is in the very front of the bunch of people (closest to the door).
- In several shots of the thermostat, the "Do not touch thermostat ever" sign cannot be seen. It appears only when Mr. Krabs mentions it.
- The alarm over the thermostat also disappears after just one shot of it.
- The thermostat getting touched.
- Mr. Krabs getting angry when someone touches the thermostat.