- French Narrator
- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Incidental 31
- Incidental 42
- Incidental 14
- Incidental 40
- Incidental 27
- Incidental 13
- Incidental 41
- Incidental 60
- Incidental 49
- Incidental 45
- Incidental 8
- Incidental 37B
- Incidental 102
- Incidental 103
- Incidental 150
- Incidental 153
- Incidental 152
- Incidental 151
- Old Man Walker
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Santa Claus (mentioned)
- Jack Frost (mentioned)
- Incidental 36
- Incidental 104
- Incidental 48
- Karen Plankton
- Bikini Bottom Hockey Team (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail
- Mrs. Puff (storyboard and deleted scene)
- Incidental 64
During the freezing weather in Bikini Bottom, Squidward complains about the temperature in the Krusty Krab. When Squidward tries to turn up the heat on the thermostat, Mr. Krabs berates him, inferring that the thermostat is set so low because heating costs money, allowing Plankton to get an idea to freeze his competition out of business. He sneaks into the Krusty Krab late at night and takes toilet paper. He then starts rapidly changing the temperature on the thermostat, with an elderly fish coming out of the bathroom realizing he was locked in.
The next morning, Plankton has frozen the Krusty Krab down to -15 degrees Fahrenheit causing Squidward to complain even more than he already was, but Mr. Krabs does not allow him to turn up the thermostat because of a poorly-taped piece of paper that says "62 degrees" that Plankton placed over the actual temperature display. Squidward notes that there are even icicles on the ceiling and the customers start to leave due to SpongeBob and Squidward slipping everywhere with their food. Plankton sees the customers leaving and rejoices. He then puts up a sign saying that the Chum Bucket is warm and speaks to a fish walking by, who is frightened by Plankton's eye looking through the huge telescope. Plankton is angry when he then sees the customers come back in winter wear. Mr. Krabs has turned the restaurant into an ice rink complete with a train ride for children and SpongeBob invents Patty Skates to help him keep his balance, Squidward, and the customers to get around, which is bought by the customers telling SpongeBob not to cook them. Mr. Krabs is very happy that he is selling Krabby Patties without even needing to cook them and claims that he has made even more money than with the old Krusty Krab.Plankton sees Mr. Krabs with his money and is furious. Karen advises Plankton to swipe a Krabby Patty and he attempts to steal one but SpongeBob and the local hockey players (Who were actually trying to take the puck SpongeBob took by mistake) block the door after Plankton tries to run them over with the train but squashes them between the door. Plankton then goes over to the thermostat and reveals the true temperature, infuriating Mr. Krabs who finally realizes Squidward was right about the temperature and attempts to attack Plankton for his actions. However, Plankton begins freezing and boiling the patrons by repeatedly turning the dial in both directions. He then falls off the dial, allowing Mr. Krabs to freeze him. Later, in the following summertime, Mr. Krabs turns the whole Krusty Krab into a popular public swimming pool, relaxing on a floating chair, while he thanks Plankton (trapped in an ice cube) for his ideas, and sips lemonade with Plankton as the ice in the drink, resulting in Plankton screaming and ending the episode.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ The Rake Hornpipe - Robert Alexander White [opening]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [62 degrees]
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer ["WHO TOUCHED ME THERMOSTAT!?"]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, thanks a..."]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [Krabs tells Squidward not to touch the thermostat]
‣ Off to Play - David Snell [kids playing in Krabs' yard]
‣ Like Strange - Kenny Graham ["That's right, run, Krabs."]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [Plankton gets eaten]
‣ Towerstreet 17 [#33] - Gerhard Narholz ["No matter, in four to six hours, I will have my revenge."]
• Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [old man exits bathroom]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton freezes the Krusty Krab]
• Steel Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield [mittens on SpongeBob's eyelashes]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [Krabs opens the Krusty Krab]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - The Folk Players ["Quit clowning around and get to work!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["The temperature stays at 62 degrees."]
• Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't touch..."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney ["...THE THERMOSTAT!"]
‣ Drama Link (a) - Hubert Clifford [Plankton spying]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [customers complaining]
• Steel Licks 1 - Jeremy Wakefield [customers leave...]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [...then come back]
‣ Tripping Upstairs - Brian Peters [SpongeBob skating]
‣ A Christmas Fantasy (a) - Ron Goodwin [everyone buying frozen patties]
‣ Like Strange - Kenny Graham ["No! How is this possible?!"]
• Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["That's because unlike you, he's a good businessman."]
‣ Jolly Sleighride - Ib Glindemann [Krusty Krab turned into ice rink]
• Vox Charge - Nicolas Carr [hockey team practicing]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Plankton tries to steal a patty]
• Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob stops him]
• The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Hey, SpongeBob, long time no see!"]
• Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [hockey team chases Plankton]
‣ Death of the Alien 1 [#38] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["The clamboni!"]
‣ Skaters Waltz - Emile Charles Waldteufel, George Wilson [Squidward skating]
‣ Death of the Alien 1 [#38] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [everyone blocking the exit]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [clamboni breaks down]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["You lose again, Plankton!"]
‣ Death of the Alien 1 [#38] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["The thermostat!"]
• Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton changing the temperature]
‣ Sunny Samoa - George de Fretes, Jan Rap [swimming pool]
• Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode is available on the Bikini Bottom Adventures, Season 5 Volume 1, Complete Fifth Season, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, The Best of Bikini Bottom, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 7, From the Beginning, Pt.2, Bundled Up in Bikini Bottom, The Best 200 Episodes Ever and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- This episode was released on the Bikini Bottom Adventures DVD, released on Tuesday, June 5, 2007, over a month before it aired on American television.
- The original storyboard for the episode featured Mrs. Puff as the hockey goalie. When the puck is hit at her, she puffs up to deflect it. This scene is still featured in the book and comic adaptations of the episode.
- This episode's title is French for "Krabs with Ice Cream."
- When Squidward says, "Thanks a lot..." against SpongeBob because he gets into trouble with Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob happily replies "You're welcome." This is similar to a scene in "New Student Starfish" where SpongeBob, who gets into trouble with Mrs. Puff, does the same thing against Patrick.
- After coming out of the bathroom, Old Man Jenkins says he is "locked in again," which implies that he has been locked in the Krusty Krab before.
- It seems that the thermostat also affects areas outside the Krusty Krab.
- Mr. Krabs apparently does not notice that the thermostat is not really 62° and that the false temperature is written on a piece of paper taped to the thermostat. After Plankton pointed it out, he was angry at not noticing sooner.
- The false temperature is also written in regular, curvy font, whereas the thermostat is digitally programmed.
- A frame of SpongeBob slipping from the ice has become an internet meme.
- This is the first episode to have its title use accents or diacritics.
- This was the first episode to be written by Eric Shaw.
- This is the second episode where Plankton has hidden inside something on Old Man Jenkins' tray. The first is "The Algae's Always Greener," where he hides inside his ketchup bottle.
- Also, "Like Strange" plays in both incidents.
- This episode marks the second instance of a pool opening up at the Krusty Krab. The first instance is in the short "The Endless Summer."
- This is the first successful pool. The Krusty Pool from "The Endless Summer" evaporated after it became too hot.
- This is the third episode where a building gets frozen. The first is "Suds" with SpongeBob's house and the second is "Survival of the Idiots" with Sandy's treedome.
- To date, this episode marks the last usage of the APM track "Sunny Samoa."
- The title is French for “Krabs with ice cream”, which is also a pun on the food "pie à la mode," which is French for "Pie with ice cream."
- Plankton says he found Mr. Krabs' "Achilles' heel," referring to the ancient Greek hero Achilles' only weak spot, his heel.
- Plankton sarcastically refers to Karen as "the wind beneath my wings." This is a reference to the 1982 song of the same name.
- Clamboni is a spoof/parody of the Zamboni.
- When everyone points at Squidward for changing the thermostat, the Galley Grub is misspelled as "Gallery Grus."
- When Mr. Krabs turns the thermostat back to 62° at the beginning of the episode, he turns it the wrong way. He turns it to the right which is to increase the temperature, not left to decrease the temperature.
- Moments before the scene with the frozen cash register, it is not frozen.
- When Peterson Nat Tucker is shown entering the Krusty Krab, he and the two other customers are smaller than SpongeBob, Squidward, Mr. Krabs, and the two other customers.
- When one of the Krabby Patties lands on Squidward, it is green. In the next shot, it is brown.
- SpongeBob's Krusty Krab employee hat is missing when customers want patty skates, but it is back on when he delivers them.
- When SpongeBob starts giving people patty skates, he gives them uncooked burgers, not frozen patties.
- At one point, when Plankton is driving the Clamboni, Monroe Timmy and Susie Fishbowl do not have legs and Nat does not have lower legs.
- When Plankton is freezing and unfreezing people, the water is waist-high, but when he falls off, and Mr. Krabs freezes him, the water is only an inch high.
- When Plankton falls in the water, Mr. Krabs freezes him using the thermostat. Mr. Krabs and every other person at the Krusty Krab should have been frozen too since they were also in the water.
- Mr. Krabs most likely jumps to prevent getting frozen or they are most likely able to get outside help.
- When the episode begins, it is shown that it was snowing outside, but in the scene where the kids are playing in Mr. Krabs' yard, there's no snow or any signs of cold weather.
- When SpongeBob gets hit with the Clamboni, he is closest to the front of the Clamboni when everybody else gets ran over. However, when Plankton is trying to get out the door, SpongeBob is in the very front of the bunch of people closest to the door.
- In several shots of the thermostat, the "Do not touch thermostat ever" sign cannot be seen. It appears only when Mr. Krabs mentions it.
- The alarm over the thermostat also disappears after just one shot of it.
- The clock of the Krusty Krab is not frozen while the other objects are.
- In the Welsh dub, Steven Banks is erroneously listed as a writer of this episode.
- When Plankton is happy that the customers are leaving the Krusty Krab, it has no ice on it but in the next scene, there is lots of ice.
- Planton shouldn't have changed the temperature of the thermostat because the dial was frozen.
- Also the ice on the thermostat disappears after Plankton removes the paper on the thermostat.
- The thermostat getting touched.
- Mr. Krabs getting angry when someone touches the thermostat.