The Krabby Patty is the Krusty Krab's signature food item. It is a meatless hamburger of sorts made from seaweed-sea buns, undersea vegetables, condiments, and a patty; it can also be ordered with cheese. The ingredients of the patty itself are purposely kept secret throughout the series, but creator Stephen Hillenburg had stated that the patties are entirely vegetarian. It was created by Mr. Krabs and Plankton.
The Krabby Patty is a basic plot element that contributes to the Krusty Krab's existence. A running gag throughout the series is Plankton coming up with plans to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula, but always failing.
The Krabby Patty is made out of a frozen patty with fresh lettuce, crisp onions and tomatoes with sea cheese, pickles, mustard, ketchup, and a Krabby Patty secret formula, though said secret formula has never been revealed in the series. SpongeBob mentioned multiple times that 'love' is an essential ingredient that does indeed impact the taste of the sandwich; to the point where King Neptune's patties were disgusting since "perfect patties are made with love, not magic." The patties are vegan, similar to a veggie burger; Stephen Hillenburg and Vincent Waller have both stated that the patties have no animal product whatsoever in them.
The first Krabby Patty was made by Mr. Krabs and Plankton when they were kids, and it was by accident after Krabs and Plankton broke their friendship and became archenemies. Still, Plankton is unaware that he was directly responsible for the accidental creation of the Krabby Patty.  In the episode "Just One Bite," Krabby Patties are revealed to be kept in the patty vault. However, it was not seen after that.
The Secret Formula:
- Barnacles Shavings
- The "secret sauce"
Items to put on a Krabby Patty:
- Sesame seeds
- Bottom bun
- Sea cheese
- Sea pickles
- Sea lettuce
- Sea tomatoes
- Sea onions
- Tartar sauce
- Secret sauce - Unexplained
- "Chopped Love"
- Top bun
The Krabby Patty secret formula is where the ingredients are listed at.
- There have many variations of the Krabby Patty throughout the series with many unique features that set it apart from the regular burger. However, few have made more than one appearance.
The Krabby Patty is known for being extremely unhealthy and fattening. Squidward refers to it as "a heart attack on a bun" in "Just One Bite." They can also have a dangerous and unfortunate side effect. When way too many Krabby Patties are eaten at one time, the consumer will become obese in the thigh area and explode. This happens to Squidward in the aforementioned "Just One Bite," when he breaks into the patty vault and eats too many Krabby Patties at once.
Its health hazards are also quickly shown in the feature film The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, in the introduction as a doctor states while Burger Beard states that it is so unhealthy that a fish will be gone in a week due to eating too many Krabby Patties.
However, if one does not have a Krabby Patty after an extensive period, they will suffer from Krabby Patty withdrawal. If one does not eat a Krabby Patty during the withdrawal, they will mumble about it for the next three and a half minutes like Patrick does in "Pat No Pay." Krabby Patty withdrawal is due to thinking of the Krabby Patty, which causes severe stomach aches.
Publications such as USA Today have named it among other fictional foods that many have wanted to exist in real life, but according to the New York Daily News, there are four restaurants that serve a similar burger to the seen one in the show. These burgers include the Snow Crab Crispy Rice, Phuket Fantasy, Angry Crab Benedict, and Soft Shell Crab Taco.
The Krabby Patties have also inspired real-life gummy confectionery treats, primarily in New England. In 2008, a doctor with Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine warned parents to be aware of where the candy their child consumes is produced due to contamination then found in Chinese milk; SpongeBob Gummy Krabby Patties were among those candies produced in China. In 2019, a reporter with the student newspaper of Capital University gave the gummy candies a rating of a 2 out of 10 in their review of Halloween candy.
The Krabby Patty has been used by Katy Perry as a second costume on the red carpet at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art. In The SpongeBob Musical, the Krabby Patty was portrayed by an actor on stage at the Palace Theatre.
- They are SpongeBob's favorite food, as revealed in the episode "You Don't Know Sponge," but it was heavily implied before then because of his passion for fry cooking.
- They have the most appearances out of any food in the series.
- Krabby Patties are used as health units in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game.
- Krabby Patty is often misspelled on the Galley Grub as "Krabby Pattie." One example is in the episode "Pickles."
- When consumed, the body needs it to function properly.
- The price for a Krabby Patty changes constantly throughout the series. A notable price change is in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, where they rise to be over $99.
- In the episode "Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful," SpongeBob is seen trying to follow the complete life cycle of a Krabby Patty: by making it and then throwing it and himself with it. He succeeds in doing this.
- It is shown in "Squirrel Record" that a Krabby Patty saved Sandy's life from raw chum because she was trying to make a record to eat raw chum and survive.
- In most season 1 episodes and several season 2 episodes, the Krabby Patty's sesame seeds are black instead of white. In most season 1 episodes, the buns are browner and less orange.
- In the episode "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy," SpongeBob specifies that a Krabby Patty must be cooked at the specific temperature of 274 degrees, but in "Bummer Vacation," SpongeBob said the grill must be at exactly 298 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is revealed in the episode "Friend or Foe" that the creation of the Krabby Patty is actually a stroke of luck by accident from the results of Mr. Krabs and Plankton breaking their friendship and becoming rivals, upon fighting over to revamp their earlier patty recipe, which ripped in half, whereas Krabs fell to nearby their old patty batter behind him, just the ingredients fell from above the batter, creating a great aroma and flavor of the patty. This accidental creation also makes Plankton directly responsible for the creation of the Krabby Patty too, unaware to him.
- Burger Beard says that a Krabby Patty is so good everyone eats them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Many times the closed-captions misspell "Krabby Patty" as "Crabby Patty" or "Crabbie Pattie."
- In the Turkish dub, Krabby Patties are called "Yengeç Burger," which literally means "Crab Burger."
- In the Japanese dub, Krabby Patty is called the "Kani Burger." Kani is Japanese for "crab," which is why Mr. Krabs is called "Kani-san" in the dub.
- In the Bulgarian dub, Krabby Patty is called "ракбургер," which means "crab burger."
- In the Russian dub, Krabby Patties are called "Крабсбургеры," which translates to Krabby Burger. However, in season 1 it is called "Ленивая Пэтти," which translates to "Lazy Patty." On a few occasions, they are called "Крабовое Пате," which sounds much like "Krabby Patty" but actually translates as "Krabby Pate."
- In the Persian dub, Krabby Patty is called "همبرگر خرچنگی" which translates to "Crab Hamburger."
- In the Irish dubbed version of SpongeBob SquarePants that airs on TG4 in Ireland, the Krabby Patty is called a "Krabby Burger" instead.
- In the Arabic dub, the Krabby Patty is called "سلطع برجر" which translates to Krabs Burger.
- The patty that Bubble Bass orders in "Pickles" is not actually what SpongeBob gave him. In real life, the sandwich would be much bigger and take much longer to prepare. If SpongeBob really filled the order, the sandwich would have been cold and soggy by the time it left the kitchen.
- There is a real-life candy called Giant Gummy Krabby Patties, which are based on the Krabby Patty from the show.
- Packages of Mix-and-Match Krabby Patty gummies have also been released.
- In The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, it is revealed that without Krabby Patties, The Great Krabby Patty Famine will occur.
- The following Krabby Patty creations have been recreated on Babish Culinary Universe, formerly known as Binging with Babish:
- Tom Kenny, voice of SpongeBob, jokingly stated during an interview that "Krabby Patties are hummus!"
- The Krabby Patty was originally going to be called "Barnacle Burger."
- Krabby Patties are deadly when ingested too much, as revealed in "Just One Bite" and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water.
- ^ a b Vincent Waller on Twitter
- ^ "Neptune's Spatula." SpongeBob SquarePants. Nickelodeon. April 1, 2000. Television.
- ^ https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/1086684012431663104
- ^ "Friend or Foe." SpongeBob SquarePants. Nickelodeon. April 13, 2007. Television.
- ^ "Friend or Foe"
- ^ "Pat No Pay." SpongeBob SquarePants. Nickelodeon. August 2, 2007. Television.
- ^ The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
- ^ https://www.amazon.com/SpongeBob-Squarepants-Giant-Krabby-Patties/dp/B000PJIGVG
- ^ https://www.elitedaily.com/entertainment/spongebob-krabby-patty-theory-formula/2024695