"Krabby Land" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from . In this episode, .
Brief Summary: Mr. Krabs makes a playground at the Krusty Krab to attract children on their Summer vacation.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Mr. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Gary the Snail
- Bikini Bottom children
- Monroe Timmy
Time cards shown:
SpongeBob wakes up, drinks a cup of French roast coffee made by Gary and looks at his calendar. It says "You are a winner", and SpongeBob hugs himself. It also says "First day of summer", and SpongeBob is very excited, and when he goes to work, he sees Mr. Krabs even more excited for Summer. SpongeBob asks him why, and he says (indirectly) that on summer vacation, children go around spending money, and the Krusty Krab will get more profits through kiddie meals (which he raises the price of from $1.99 to $4.99). However, he sees that the children are all at a new playground, and decides to make a playground of his own, Krabby Land.
At work the next Day, Mr. Krabs shows the playground to all the children, which is built extremely cheaply, falls apart easily, and is very dangerous. The children are very disappointed, but Mr. Krabs gives them coloring books/liability waivers and says that whoever hands theirs back gets to meet "Krabby the Clown". He tells them that Krabby the Clown will come soon, and tells SpongeBob to stall them. SpongeBob pretends to be "the Krabby Patty Burgular", and the children hate him. He accidentally injures himself while trying to amuse them, which makes them laugh. He realizes that they like pain, and begins intentionally harming himself, even hiring two thugs to torture him.
After a while, SpongeBob goes to Mr. Krabs, who is sorting through a large stack of money, presumably the children's, and tells him that he can't stall anymore, being horribly beaten and missing limbs. Mr. Krabs tells Spongebob he's being selfish and tells him to "get back to work", but upon seeing SpongeBob's limbs flying around (the children were using them as boomerangs), he fears that his windows will be smashed, and soon, Krabby the Clown (Mr. Krabs in a tie and tomato nose) comes out, and says "Hey kids! Thank you all for coming! Thank you! Buy lots of Krabby Patties! Ar, ar, ar, ar, ar!" and walks back into his office.
An extremely disappointed SpongeBob confronts Mr. Krabs, saying that he expected Krabby The Clown, but all he saw was "Cheapy the Cheapskate." Mr. Krabs explains his true intentions to him before telling Spongebob to put the Tomato back. He comes back out of his office to go to the bank, but is confronted by the angry children, who begin beating him. One child even throws Mr. Krabs' money off the roof of the Krusty Krab, giving the appearance that it is raining money. This enchants SpongeBob, who proclaims to have finally found "the true meaning of Summer". Mr. Krabs is then seen tied to a post, wanting some of the "green stuff", and the thugs begin force feeding him lima beans.
- SpongeBob: You promised those kids Krabby The Clown but all I saw out there was (crying) Cheapy The Cheapskate!
- Mr. Krabs: Hey! I ain't cheap! Now, take this tomato back to the kitchen before it spoils.
- Mr. Krabs: Yo, SpongeBob! How you doin' G? How's it hangin'?
- SpongeBob: Uh, okay then. La-dee-daa! La-dee-doo!
- SpongeBob: Aw, I suppose I'll never know the true meaning of summer. I thought I knew it once, but that was a long, long time ago.
- Squidward: You mean this morning?
- SpongeBob: Yeah.
- Krabby Land is a possible parody of McDonaldland and/or McDonald's PlayPlaces. Krabby the Clown is most likely a spoof of Ronald McDonald, while the "Krabby Patty Burglar" an obvious parody of the Hamburglar.
- The motto of Krabby Land is "Where a kid can have fun". This is a most likely a reference to Chuck-E-Cheese's motto, "Where a kid can be a kid".
- The Rocketship Fantastica "ride" is a possible reference to Battlestar Galactica.
- The attractions in Krabby land: "Rocketship Fantistica" (a steel barrel hanging by a rope), "Dumpster of Doom" (a dumpster with the name spraypainted on the side), "Hose World" (Hoses hanging from a bar), "Fort Adventure" (a pile of junk), "Toaster Rodeo" (toasters attached to springs), a stack of tires, an old rusty slide, and a bowling ball pool.
- On October 27-28 October 2007, the Best Day Ever marathon in the Netherlands named this episode number one.
- This episode, along with "The Camping Episode" were the last episodes where the closed captions were ahead of the characters' speech.
- The time card Later is same as title card Reef Blower with black colour in background.
- Watch the full episode here http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/play/krabby-land-full-episode/
- Some of the kids are just child versions of Bikini Bottomites.