- Eugene H. Krabs - Editor-in-chief
- SpongeBob SquarePants - Reporter/photographer/writer
- Squidward Tentacles - Newsagent
- Local Resident
WatchesMarries Pole! (featuring Patrick)
- Boating Teacher in High Speed Chase (featuring Mrs. Puff)
- Larry the Loser Beaten Up by Pipsqueak (featuring Larry)
- Plankton's Chum Made of Your Chums!!! The Chum Bucket serves your friends in more ways than one (featuring Plankton)
- Sandy Cheeks or Sandy Chump? Bushy Tailed Brainiac really a Slow-Witted Squirrel! (featuring Sandy)
- Krabs Overworks Employee[,] Reaps Rewards[!] Krabby Kronicle mastermind behind bogus stories pays his tired, under-age reporter pennies while he rakes in the dough (featuring Mr. Krabs)
The Krabby Kronicle was founded by Mr. Krabs when he sprouted an idea to promote the Krusty Krab, which had no new customers in months, and make some cash. Mr. Krabs installed a printing press, a Krabby Kronicle sign, and hired SpongeBob to be the reporter/photographer to make up stories. When SpongeBob "messes" it up and made it boring to read, Mr. Krabs forces him to exaggerate and make it exciting.
The Krabby Kronicle was in its prime time by writing fake news in the papers and charging 25 cents per word. SpongeBob made the papers and reported on "news," while Mr. Krabs admired the cash he was making because of the Krabby Kronicle. However, SpongeBob saw the citizens' lives become living miseries because of it and tried to tell Mr. Krabs, but he would not listen and also threatened SpongeBob with taking away his spatula and fry cook job if he refused to write more stories.
He eventually turned against Mr. Krabs and decided to make him stick up to the truth, staying up all night long and writing a legitimate news article that revealed Mr. Krabs was forcing him to write the earlier false stories and paid him pennies while he adored the money he was making because of the paper.
The Krabby Kronicle is shut down when the entire city is affected and sees SpongeBob's news article reporting of how Mr. Krabs is overworking him and paying him pennies. They throw a riot in the Krusty Krab, surprising Mr. Krabs. They told him of how it ruined their lives, and one person calls Mr. Krabs' treatment of the city and SpongeBob sick and inhumane. Then they beat the life out of Mr. Krabs, take their money back, and leave. Mr. Krabs fell to pieces and misses his money so much he isn't even upset with SpongeBob.
Aftermath and following effects
Mr. Krabs decided to counterfeit money using the Krabby Kronicle news press. By now, everybody was furious of all the lies and separated from him. Strangely, however, Patrick was actually married to the street sign described in the newspaper because of the lie. This surprised SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs, and what happened to the press after that is unknown, though it is likely that Mr. Krabs had to shut down the newspaper due to the city taking back their money. This is also supported by the fact that neither the printing press, nor the newspaper itself is mentioned or seen in any future episodes.
It appears in a trailer for Nicktoons MLB.