- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Gary the Snail
- DJ at KRUM (debut)
- Krusty Krab Customers
- Uncle Sherm (mentioned by SpongeBob)
- Pearl Krabs (mentioned by Mr. Krabs)
- Electric Zoo
- Dee Dy By (during the credits)
- Electric Zoo (Spongelamm Remix)
- Bikini Bottom National Anthem
SynopsisSpongeBob SquarePants watches a scary robot movie when robots take over the world at night with Gary, and is terrified. He begins fearing a robot invasion, even asking Gary if he's a robot, and has a nightmare where robots are taking over the world and are chasing him. At work, he is very paranoid, and is under the impression that robots are "everywhere"(one turning out to actually a trolley full of sea potatoes, and another a red light that was actually the warning light for the fat). He later sees Mr. Krabs "speaking" in a robot language (actually humming to a song called "Electric Zoo" on the radio) and wearing batteries in his pocket (his radio broke and he was planning give the batteries to Pearl for her Christmas present), and suspects that he is a robot impostor. He then sees Mr. Krabs with metal pinchers (tongs he was holding an egg with) and glowing red eyes (he accidentally threw salt into his eyes while trying to salt the egg), which "confirms" his suspicions. After collecting enough evidence, he convinces Squidward that Mr. Krabs is a robot. They go into his office, send Mr. Krabs into a panic and tie Mr. Krabs up, accusing him of being a robot and interrogating him on the location of the "real" Mr. Krabs. When he gives them no answers and becomes annoyed, they begin interrogating his machines, such as a blender, and destroying them, which greatly upsets Krabs, as the machines cost him money. When they come to the cash register, Mr. Krabs cries for it, which robots are incapable of doing, revealing that he isn't a robot. He also mentions laughing with it and loving it. Squidward then asks SpongeBob how did the movie end. SpongeBob reveals the end of the movie, in which the robots were all in their imagination, and runs off, leaving Squidward in trouble when Mr. Krabs becomes enraged and yells at the top of his voice "Grrrrrrrrr, SQUIDWARD!!!".
- In the beginning credits, they mention the DJ.
- KRUM, the radio station Mr. Krabs listens to, is the name of a real radio station.
- According to SpongeBob, the robots in the movie:
- Say they are recharged
- Make beeping sounds
- Do the Robot Dance
- Can't laugh
- Can't cry
- Can't love
- Have piercing red eyes
- Have metal pinchers for hands
- Run on batteries
- The title is a pun on cyborg, or a being part human and part robot.
- Running Gag: Spongebob saying "Hey Mr. Krabs!" and "Robot"
- Squidward talks about his father in the past-tense, implying his father might be deceased. This is also the first and last time his father got mentioned.
- The song "Electric Zoo" was featured on The Yellow Album.
- This is the second time there are mechanical designs on the title card.
- In the "Friend or Foe" marathon, this episode aired with "Dying for Pie".
- In the beginning there was no cash register, but when Mr. Krabs goes to the bathroom the cash register is back.
- It is also possible that he was just overreacting to the situation.
- After SpongeBob and Squidward evacuated the customers, Mr. Krabs comes out of the bathroom and goes back into his office. He doesn't seem angry or surprised that there is no one in the Krusty Krab. In most episodes he get angry if he finds out there are no customers in the restaurant.
- Mr. Krabs was previously accused of being a robot in "Imitation Krabs".
- When Mr. Krabs said "You're going to interrogate my blender?" he placed "my" in the proper position of the sentence rather than saying "me" which violates English grammar. This is due to his accent.
- Twenty-ninth time Patrick doesn't appear.
- When Mr. Krabs is leaving his office because of his burning eyes, Squidward and SpongeBob notice that Mr. Krabs has batteries in his back pocket, but Mr. Krabs is only at the door.
- Mr. Krabs had batteries in his pocket (convincing them that he was a robot) but for batteries to work, they have to be hooked up on both positive and negitive sides. The batteries in his pocket were only hooked up on the negative side so that should have been a clue that he wasn't a robot.
- The man running at the beginning of the episode is Dan Povenmire, a writer/director on the show, who is also Phineas and Ferb maker.
- SpongeBob later battled robots in the video game SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom.
- When Squidward takes a hammer and a saw out of a shed you can see a Krusty Krab calender and it says that its in September.
- In the end, a "Help Wanted" sign is in the window of the Krusty Krab.
- The song's name "Electric Zoo" is a possible reference to the Black Sabbath song "Electric Funeral".
- Interestingly, in Imitation Krabs, Spongebob thinks a robot is Mr. Krabs. However, in this episode, it's the other way around: Spongebob thinks Mr. Krabs is a robot.
- On Youtube there is a video called Spongebob Sped Up And it's a Screamer the Screamer Picture is a Picture of Mr Krabs's Eyes All Burned With Salt In Them And the scream is really high pitched and Loud Also The Video has 2 Episodes in it. It's Chocolate with Nuts and The Camping Episode.
- At the end, when Mr. Krabs growls, closed captions say [Krabs growls].
- In this episode, Squidward uses past~tense about his showing that his father never loved him. It is unknown if Squidward moved away and his father celebrated or he was messing with Mr. Krabs.
- In the Korean translation, Squidward's joke was "Why did the idiot die?" and the answer was "Because he forgot how to breathe".
- Even though the DJ said the name of the song in the beigning Mr. Krabs just used the sounds of the song to tell the DJ which song he wanted to hear again.
- When Squidward and SpngeBob barge into Mr.krabs office, they beat up Mr. krabs. When they are beating him up, it shows a picture of the Krusty Krab. If you look closely of that picture of the Krusty Krab, there is a fish at the door.
- When Mr. Krabs has salt in his eyes, one is bigger than the other but in the close up it's the same size.
- Even though SpongeBob was equally guilty of capturing and detaining Mr. Krabs, he only yells at Squidward, though it was likely that because SpongeBob ran off, Mr. Krabs was unable to yell at him or Mr. Krabs was more angry at Squidward because he was the one who smashed all the expensive items belonging to Mr. Krabs.
- Even though Mr. Krabs is a saltwater animal, his eyes are still burned by salt.
- When SpongeBob calls for Mr. Krabs the fourth time and Mr. Krabs spills the salt in his eyes, the supposedly "hard-boiled" egg breaks and splatters like a raw egg.
- If you look closely, you can see the costumers very close to the door and stopped while running away. That's when SpongeBob and Squidward are beating up Mr. Krabs and then tying him up.
- When SpongeBob and Squidward tie Mr. Krabs to a chair, customers are visible through the window.
- This is one of the few episodes where Squidward acts like Spongebob or Patrick.
APM music identification
- Saw Theme - "We now return to tonight's Creepy Time Theater presentation of Night of the Robot."
- The Tip Top Polka/Cliff Polka - "Squidward, why are you wearing my hat on your nose?"
- Dramatic Impact 6 - "...a robot!"
- Dramatic Cue D - SpongeBob gasps.
- Stand-Up Comic C - After Squidward's pirate movie joke.
- Lonely Violin - "Squidward's father never hugged him. Isn't that sad?"
- Dramatic Impact 5 - Mr. Krabs gets salt all over his eyes.
- Dramatic Climax - "We gotta find out what that robot did with the real Mr. Krabs. But how?"
- Mambo Fantastico - SpongeBob and Squidward get supplies for Mr. Krabs' interrogation.
- Botany Bay B - Mr. Krabs laughs, cries, and loves.
- The Drunken Sailor B - Squidward innocently cleans up after himself while Mr. Krabs gets steamed up.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|
This article has been inspected and completed! Help us by participating in the Project Cleanup!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.