- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Frankie Billy
- T-119A Compumatic (debut)
- Noxious Enterprise's Super SPU-31 Liquid-Cooled Mobile Processing Unit (debut)
- Command Module (debut)
- Peterson Nat Tucker
- Perch Perkins
- Frank the Red-Shirt-Wearing Fish
- Harold Bill Reginald Scott
- Tina Fran
- Norma Rechid
- Incidental 47
- Frank the Lifeguard
- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
At the Chum Bucket, Plankton is introducing a new chum sauce, which melts through the pan and later through the floor. Just then, the alarm sounds, informing Plankton about a customer. Plankton goes to receive the order, only to find that he wanted a Krusty Krab product, so Plankton tells him to get those foods and beverages at the Krusty Krab. As he complains over how the people will not buy his food, he feels that Karen was not a good employee to him. Then, he threatens to replace his wife with much cooler machines, all three of which fail to operate steadily.
One of those machines is a toaster with arms and legs, which explodes but survives. Another is made of mostly liquid, but it pops open and loses its liquid and also survives. The last is a windmill with a hairdryer on its back. Soon, the new inventions are acting aggressively toward each other. Plankton states that he has had enough of Karen saying it was all her fault for all of his failures. Karen left a note saying that she is tired of being blamed for his failures and has decided to move on. Later, Plankton sics his machines on the Krusty Krab, which startles Mr. Krabs, causing him to send SpongeBob out there and talk to Plankton.
After Plankton had enough of SpongeBob's foolishness for not understanding what he had uttered, Plankton rushes towards the Krusty Krab to demolish Mr. Krabs, but the extension for the combo is not long enough to reach the Krusty Krab, causing it to unplug and turn off the machines. Plankton then sees Karen, who has come back to get her things. He apologizes to her for his blaming and behavior and she accepts his apology. They go back to the Chum Bucket together and the episode ends.
- Plankton forgetting to blink.
- Plankton's inventions failing in some sort of way.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• SpongeBob Theme II - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [opening]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece A - Gregor F. Narholz [Plankton's chum melts through the floor]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben [customer at drive-thru]
• Steel Licks 10 - Jeremy Wakefield ["What is wrong with people?"]
• Unknown Goofy Cue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Honestly, I don't think anyone in Bikini Bottom would know a decent meal if it looked them right in the eye!"]
• Flextone Sting - Nicolas Carr [Plankton sees he's two inches tall]
• Unknown Goofy Cue - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Maybe in heels."]
‣ Romeo & Juliet Overture - Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Fiachra Trench [Karen watching TV]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Plankton's first new invention revealed]
‣ Wheels Within Wheels - Ronald Hanmer ["That, my dear, is a T-119A Compumatic."]
‣ Star Premiere - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [second invention revealed]
‣ Ticker Tape - Cecil Milner ["Next, behold!"]
• Steel Licks 28 - Jeremy Wakefield [invention breaks down]
‣ ? ["And now, Karen, the piece de resistance."]
‣ Variety Link (D) - Dick Stephen Walter [third invention revealed]
‣ Workers Playtime - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Have you ever witnessed such marvelous machinery?"]
• What's This - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, right."]
• Comedic Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston ["Okay, here we go."]
‣ Dramatic Cue (G) - Ronald Hanmer [inventions fighting]
• Steel Licks 3 - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton flattened]
‣ Drama Link (B) - Hubert Clifford ["It's you who's been holding me back!"]
‣ Drama Link (C) - Hubert Clifford ["Maybe I could iron out a few bugs."]
• Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
‣ Drama Link (O) - Hubert Clifford [Plankton reads Karen's note]
• Bubble Popping Boys - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Who needs her?"]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (B) - Keith Mansfield ["Okay, team, listen up."/"I said, does everybody understand!?"]
‣ Attack - Anthony Hymas [Plankton combines the three inventions]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news on TV]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward shuts it off]
‣ King Kong Coming - Gregor F. Narholz [Plankton's machine approaching the Krusty Krab]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (F) - Keith Mansfield ["Krabs, I want to see you."]
‣ Guerilla Warfare [#22] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Plankton demands the Krabby Patty formula]
• The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Are you getting this?"]
‣ Guerilla Warfare [#22] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Plankton goes back inside the machine]
‣ Battle at Sea - Johnny Pearson ["Battle stations, men!"]
• Steel Licks 6 - Jeremy Wakefield [machine unplugged]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Plankton crying]
‣ Kamakani B - Kapono Beamer ["Oh, I knew you couldn't stay away, I knew it!"]
• Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Last Stand, The Ultimate SpongeBob Box Set, Big Hits: Volume 1, Triple Pack 2, The SpongeBob SquarePants Collection, Spužva Bob Skockani DVD 1, 3 DVD Value Pack Volume 2, The Best 200 Episodes Ever, SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 9, The SpongeBob SquarePants 8 Season DVD Collection, Season 6 Volume 2, Complete Sixth Season, and Next 100 Episodes DVDs.
- "Komputer Overload" was ranked #93 during the SpongeBob's Top 100 event in the UK and Ireland from June 4-8, 2012.
- This is the fourth episode to premiere during Nickelodeon's "The Bob Squad."
- In the title card, the computer uses a CRT monitor.
- The T-119A Compumatic has the production code 119a, which is the production number of the next episode chronologically by # after this one, #118b. 119a is "Gullible Pants."
- Since Plankton was born in 1942, it is almost impossible that Karen and Plankton's wedding photo was in color.
- The only way this is possible is if they color-enhanced it or they got a color photographer. This would have been really expensive because it was not a common thing at the time of their wedding, which would have been at least 20 or 30 years from when this episode premiered.
- It is revealed that Plankton once had hair, as seen in a photo.
- Plankton once again tries to replace Karen in the season 8 episode "Karen 2.0," which also has the same title card font as this episode.
- This is one of the few episodes where Plankton takes the role of a "protagonist villain."
- There is an online game based on this episode called Plankton Pong.
- When SpongeBob tells Squidward he knows how to get a mop wet without dipping it into a bucket of water, he begins to stick his tongue out at the mop and looks at it before loud noises from Plankton's machine breaks his focus on the mop.
- As of now, this is the only episode that its title has the K and not a C thing on a non-Krusty Krab central episode.
- Incidentally, the word "komputer" in this episode's title means "computer" in Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, and Polish.
- In Indonesia, after Plankton says "I've got a customer to attend to!," the drive-thru scene is skipped to "Honestly, I don't think anyone in Bikini Bottom would know a decent meal if it looked them right in the eye and said, 'Hello! I'm a decent meal, wonderful to meet you! Please pay money for me and then put me in your mouth so your old pal Plankton doesn't lose everything he's spent his entire life working for!'"
- The letter from Karen says microorganism, but Plankton reads it as "single-cell organism."
- Plankton calls T-119A to position first, yet it is in between SPU31 and Command Module. There is no way T-119A could jump on SPU31, considering the latter was shown getting in position alone.
- The Bikini Bottom News says that Plankton's invention is attacking the city, yet he only walks across the street to the Krusty Krab and does not go into the city at all. Also, Plankton's plug would be unplugged by the time he reaches the city.
- When Plankton's giant robot rampages through Bikini Bottom, there is no power cord attaching it to the Chum Bucket. However, as the robot advances towards the Krusty Krab, the cord appears.