This article is currently in the middle of an expansion or major revamping. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by contributing to it.
"Kitchen Sponge" is a Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years episode from season 1. In this episode, SpongeBob helps Plankton at the Krusty Kanteen, leading to the development of a very familiar sandwich.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Future SpongeBob
- Patrick Star
- Future Patrick
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Pearl Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Future Sandy
- Mrs. Puff
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- Kamp Koral campers
- King Neptune (mentioned)
The episode starts as Sandy is writing something as SpongeBob and Patrick enter her dome making a lot of noise as they keep drying up. Then they ask her if she wants to get food with them. She declines because she had a late lunch, and she could use the peace and quiet to finish her new invention. Then she pours a juicer full of water and SpongeBob and Patrick "bloom" as they tell her goodbye, and leave at the same time. Then, the scene switches to the Krusty Kanteen being overcrowded with campers. Plankton tries pouring slop onto some of the campers' trays as the Kanteen keeps getting even more flooded with campers up to the point where Plankton has to abandon the Kanteen. Then Mr. Krabs comes and asks what is going on. And then, all the campers stop, and make a clearing for him to pass, making Plankton fall from the top of the Kanteen.
Then, Mr. Krabs asks him why the campers have not been fed yet, so he tries to respond, but he steps on him and continues to the Kanteen. Then, he drinks some of the slop and spits it out, and says that it is breakfast slop, and he cannot feed breakfast slop for dinner, and that is what the dinner slop is for. Then Plankton says that he could get through breakfast if he got some help in the kitchen. Mr. Krabs says that it sounds expensive, and then he gets an idea. He asks all the campers who wanted an unpaid, extra free volunteer. The only camper remaining is SpongeBob, so Mr. Krabs assigns SpongeBob to be Plankton's assistant. Then he says that he likes helping.
In the kitchen, Plankton commands SpongeBob to boil some water, but ends up making it be on fire. So Plankton says to do something easier. SpongeBob tries to cut bread, but the knife cuts in half. So he tries whisking, but gets whisked himself. Then, he tries to mold some dough, but Plankton gets hurt instead. Plankton then shouts for SpongeBob to get out because it is not a clown school. Then SpongeBob takes something out of the oven and Plankton asks what it is. SpongeBob says that it is a souffle he whipped up, and gives Plankton a little taste. Then, he says that it is perfect, and that he is a genius in a limited sense. Then, he tells SpongeBob to cook like the wind while smoke comes out of the canteen.
This section is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's manual of style. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by making this section specific and short.
This section is too short. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
|( ‣ ) Production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Easy Going - Tommy Reilly, James Moody [Opening.]
• ? [SpongeBob playing the clarinet and drums.]
‣ Top Dog - Tommy Reilly & James Mood ["Oh, hey boys!"]
• ? - Nicolas Carr
‣ Cute and Clumsy - Bruce Campbell [Campers getting lunch.]
‣ Mini Prelude (3) - Johnny Pearson [Krabs asks why the campers have not been fed yet.]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["..giant mouthbreathers!"]
‣ Tumble - Frederic Rene Bernard Sans ["Help in the kitchen, ey?"]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["Unless.."]
‣ Funny Birds - Wolf Helling [Krabs asks if anyone wants to help Plankton make food.]
• ? - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob volunteers.]
‣ Royal Jester - Tommy Reilly, James Moody [SpongeBob tries to boil a pot of water.]
‣ Liberty Special - Tommy Reilly, James Moody [Montage of SpongeBob failing to make food.]
• ? [Plankton has had it.]
‣ Pay Off - Tommy Reilly, James Moody [SpongeBob takes a souffle out of the oven.]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [Plankton loves the souffle.]
‣ Follow Through - Tommy Reilly, James Moody [Plankton tells SpongeBob to cook more.]
• ? [Transition to next scene.]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [The next morning.]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["Like this, Mr. Krabs?"]
• ? - Nicolas Carr
• ? ["You made this campmaster a very happy crab, SpongeBob.."]
‣ Criss Cross - Tommy Reilly, James Moody [Patties are a success.]
• Phantom of the Haunted Houseboat - Nicolas Carr [Kidforatu "eats" a patty.]
• ? Vibes - Nicolas Carr ["How good could these things really be anyway?"]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [Plankton tries the patty.]
‣ International Force - Gerhard Trede [Plankton's daydream.]
• ? [He loves it.]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [He plans to take over the world with the recipe.]
• ? - Daniel Stimac ["Oh hey there, SpongeBob."]
• Five Divas Singing - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob wrote the ingredients on a list.]
• ? - Daniel Stimac [He gives Plankton the formula.]
‣ Murder Scene - Alan Wynn [Plankton steals it.]
• Attack of the Sea Cucumbers - Jason Dobrowner [SpongeBob chases Plankton and Karen.]
• ? [Plankton tries to grab the formula in the air.]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [Sandy shows SpongeBob her new invention.]
• Wonderous World - Nicolas Carr
‣ Perfect Hostess - Allan Gray [The Automatic Campfire.]
‣ Scorched Earth - Trevor Duncan ["My formula!"]
• ? [Now he cannot make any more patties.]
• ? [Sandy runs off.]
‣ Secret Sleuth - Richard Myhill [Sandy contacting her future self.]
• Rip Tide - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield
- This episode is available on the Kamp Koral Season 1, Volume 1 DVD.
- The ending of this episode features SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy as adults in the 2D animation style of the main series. Earlier in the episode, Plankton and an army of Krabby Patties also appear in 2D animation.
- Plankton's food area being attacked by fish is a reference to "Help Wanted."
- This episode technically marks the first involvement with Rough Draft Studios in Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years, who provided the 2D animated sequences in Plankton's fantasy and the Krusty Krab scene at the end.
- This episode is likely meant to fix the discontinuity of Sandy meeting SpongeBob in both The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run and "Tea at the Treedome," as Sandy speaking to her younger self indicates that Kamp Koral is not canon to the original show or she changed history that she now knows SpongeBob and the other Bikini Bottomites since childhood.
- Sandy sent her younger self to the underwater summer camp to stop Plankton from stealing the Krabby Patty secret formula, which explains how the story of her and SpongeBob meeting for the first time changed that they now know each other a lot sooner since childhood, instead of adulthood.
- The items included on the Canteen's menu are
- Coral Cheese Souffle (formerly)
- Kelp and Sea lilly Pizza (formerly)
- Sea turkey and Kelp Salad (formerly)
- Seacow Steak (formerly)
- Wurmwurst and Saucekelp (formerly)
- Gourmet Kelpnut (formerly)
- Patties (until the formula was destroyed)
- However, that is not all of the food shown. There are also: Sausages, steaks, pizza, turkey, cheese, pancakes, cakes, waffles, ice cream, popcorn, vegetables (turnips and carrots only), water, and an unnamed drink.
- When SpongeBob says, "Thanks, Sandy! See you later!," his eyelashes are missing
- When Plankton yells at SpongeBob, SpongeBob's watch disappears for the scene.