"King Plankton" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season twelve. In this episode, Plankton practices ruling the world by shrinking himself down and declaring himself king of SpongeBob's aquarium.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- King Plankton (debut)
- Karen Plankton
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- Sea chimps (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
- King Neptune (mentioned)
The episode begins with SpongeBob's sea chimps singing in harmony while they are doing their daily chores. SpongeBob has them in a aquarium and he is singing and jogging to the Chum Bucket. He is taking them there for Karen to watch them while he is at work. He tells Karen what to do to take care of them. Afterwards, he rides a breeze to go to the Krusty Krab.
At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs has caught Plankton with another of this plans to steal the secret formula. Plankton tells him what his machine he has. Then, he slingshots Plankton back to the Chum Bucket, where SpongeBob says good morning to him. Krabs throws his machine back to the Chum Bucket, which runs over Plankton and hits the Chum Bucket. Plankton goes inside, and he notices SpongeBob's sea chimp aquarium. Karen tells Plankton about the sea chimps, and then she watches her show through a mirror and walks away. Plankton looks closely inside the aquarium and sees the sea chimps singing. Plankton thinks about ruling their aquarium and thinks about shrinking and getting bigger again.
Plankton uses a shrink belt to shrink him down into the aquarium. As he shrinks, he dives into the aquarium and lands in a banana pile. When a sea chimp mistakes him for a banana and is about to eat him, he unshrinks to a bigger size. Plankton freightens the sea chimps, causing them to panic. Plankton tells them that he is ruling their aquarium, and asks if they have a king or queen. The sea chimps bring out their king, and Plankton takes the crown from him that he is the king now. The sea chimp king bounces away happily that he is not the king. Plankton says it was so easy because he was big and smart. Plankton orders the sea chimps to slip and fall, which they obey.
At the sea chimp castle, Plankton is seen in a throne where sea chimps bring him their valuables. An old sea chimp appears with a bowl of bananas, and Plankton asks him to hand over his teeth. Plankton puts them on, but they come off when he slips on a banana. Plankton then orders the the sea chimps to carry him in a throne.
The sea chimps are carrying the throne and Plankton is seen eating grapes. He throws the grapes at some sea chimps, and he gets bored of being carried. Plankton rides a scooter out of the castle saying that he rules the sea chimps. He hits a fire hydrant which sends him flying and falling on a old lady sea chimp. He makes the elderly sea chimp run, and continue stop tell sea chimps that he rules them, until a sea chimp throws a dart at him which makes him pass out.
Plankton sees himself tied to two poles, where sea chimps put him in a sacrifice. He orders the sea chimps to let him free, but the sea chimps disobey him. The sea chimp king thanks him again and tells him to enjoy his sacrifice. The sea chimps chant "tongue" when Plankton says that it is a weird request. Plankton licks the drool of a tongue which down from the aquarium. The tongue licks Plankton, and tries to unshrink, but he can't reach this belt. He takes it back for being king, but the sea chimp king says no takee backsees. Plankton bites the tongue, which makes the sea chimps say "aww". Plankton tells them to don't aww.
Patrick, who is outside the sea chimp aquarium, feels the bite on his tongue. Patrick starts drinking the water from the aquarium, which causes the aquarium to slide the sea chimps inside of it. Plankton sees Patrick drinking the water while he is hanging. The sea chimp king cuts Plankton lose from the sacrifice by biting the rope. As Plankton falls, he tells the sea chimp king to take the shrink belt and wrap it around the other sea chimps. The sea chimps go into Patrick's mouth and get swallowed.
SpongeBob sees Patrick drink the water from the aquarium, which makes him realize that he was the one trying to eat his sea chimps the whole time. An offended Patrick walks outside the Chum Bucket, and tells SpongeBob that he accused him of a delicious thing. SpongeBob hears the sea chimps in Patrick's stomach. The sea chimp king naively activates the shrink belt, which causes Patrick's body to get bigger and cause him to fall on the ground. Now exposed, Patrick takes his previous comment back and admits that the chimps weren't that delicious. The sea chimp king comes out of Patrick's stomach and tells the now larger sea chimps to come out. Plankton is back to his regular size and stands on Patrick's tongue and sees his antennae partially digested.
SpongeBob introduces himself as the owner to the sea chimps, but the sea chimp king says that they are through with owners, kings, and aquariums. The sea chimp king decides that he and the other sea chimps live in the Chum Bucket. A frantic Karen runs out of the Chum Bucket and tells Plankton to abandon it. He pushes a button to make the Chum Bucket hand to swing and throw the restaurant far away. SpongeBob tells him that it was nice of him to relocate the sea chimps and that he rules. Plankton says he doesn't rule today, but will rule someday. Plankton laughs evilly as Patrick swallows him and burps the crown out of his mouth, which ends the episode.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• La La Song - Eban Schletter [Sea chimps singing inside SpongeBob's aquarium/SpongeBob passes singing in front of the couple/SpongeBob arrives singing at the Chum Bucket]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob gives Karen his sea chimps to watch them]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs launches Plankton back to the Chum Bucket]
‣ Silly Season A - David Bell, Otto Sieben [Plankton screams as his device lands on him]
‣ Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Plankton enters the Chum Bucket]
‣ Farewell to the Islands - Kapono Beamer [Plankton sees SpongeBob's sea chimps' aquarium]
‣ Classic Soap - Dieter Reith [Karen's show]
‣ Farewell to the Islands - Kapono Beamer ["Hmm. Huh? Sea chimps, huh?"]
• La La Song - Eban Schletter [Sea chimps singing inside SpongeBob's aquarium again]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell ["Wait a minute. Maybe I've been going about this world conquest thing all wrong."]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (d) - Dick Walter [Plankton laughs evily]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Walter [Plankton puts on a shrinking belt]
‣ Final Fate - Max Saunders [Plankton shrinks himself and dives into sea chimps' aquarium]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco [Sea chimp mistakes Plankton for a banana]
‣ ? [Plankton throws a sea chimp away]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco [Sea chimps get afraid of Plankton]
‣ ? [Sea chimp with a crown appears]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco [Plankton proclaims the king of the sea chimps]
‣ ? [Plankton slips on a banana peel and falls]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco [Plankton orders sea chimps to fall too]
‣ ? [All sea chimps fall down]
‣ Dunces and Dragons - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Castle exterior is shown]
‣ Happiness Castle - Maurice De Courpalay [Sea chimps giving Plankton all their valuables]
‣ ? [Transition to next scene]
‣ ? [Sea chimps carrying Plankton on his throne]
‣ ? [Plankton riding a scooter]
‣ ? ["Ta-da!"]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco ["Piggyback for the king! Let's see how fast this old lady can go."]
‣ Rodeo Daze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton riding on an old sea chimp lady]
‣ ? [Plankton falls backwards]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor Narholz [Plankton tied in between two poles]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor Narholz [Plankton about to be sacrified]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Patrick's tongue bitten]
‣ Hawaii Hawaii - Lisa Doby, Lionel Wendling [Patrick drinking all the water of the sea chimps' aquarium]
‣ ? [SpongeBob screams]
‣ Editor's Run Down (a) - Dick Walter [SpongeBob runs to Patrick]
‣ Honolulu March - Hans Haider [SpongeBob hears sea chimps inside Patrick's stomach]
‣ Old Hilo March - Kapono Beamer [Sea chimps crawl out of Patrick's stomach/Ending]
- As of , The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 0/10 based on 0 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 0/10 based on 0 votes.
- This episode premiered in the UK and Ireland on June 3, 2019.
- This is the first time Hawaiian Holiday plays as a title card track, and its first use since "Ditchin'" in Season 6.
- When this episode first aired, it was paired up with "Stormy Weather."
- There was a scene that didn't show up in UK, where Plankton asked the former king to put the shrinking belt on the other chimps while they were falling.
- This is the first time in approximately 11-and-a-half years that Farewell to the Islands plays in an episode. It last played in "Fungus Among Us," back in Season 5.
- Along with "Stormy Weather," this is the third least-watched episode at 971,000 viewers behind "The Ballad of Filthy Muck" with 950,000 viewers and "Sandy's Nutty Nieces" and "Insecurity Guards" at 938,000 viewers.
- This is the first episode since "Salsa Imbecilicus" in which Plankton was assaulted by Patrick's tongue.
- Irony: Plankton could've used his belt to grow big like the sea chimps at the end.
- When the sea chimps are first seen, a pair of chimps reference the tale "Rapunzel" by mimicking Rapunzel and the knight.
- When Plankton scares the sea chimps, three of the chimps act out the three wise monkeys.
- One of the paintings in King Plankton's castle parodies The Birth of Venus.
- When Patrick is drinking the water from the sea chimps' aquarium, three chimps interlock their arms in a similar fashion to the Barrel of Monkeys toy.
- In the credits, all of Jill Talley's voice roles are mistakenly attributed to Sirena Irwin.
- When Patrick spits Plankton out, he said one of his antennae was digested. However in the next shot, his antenna reappears.