- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Eugene H. Krabs (cameo)
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- King Plankton (debut)
- Karen Plankton
- Patrick Star
- Gary the Snail (mentioned)
- Sea chimps (debut)
- Bikini Bottomites
- King Neptune (mentioned)
- Chum Bucket glove (as a living character)
SpongeBob brings his aquarium of sea chimps to the Chum Bucket while he is at work, as he thinks leaving them at home will lead to Gary eating them. Meanwhile, Plankton is home after failing to steal the formula again. He sees the sea chimps and shrinks himself to their size so he can practice ruling the world.
He gets the sea chimps to all be slaves to him as well as getting a castle all to himself. While riding an old chimp, another one shoots a dart at him, causing him to collapse. Afterward, Plankton finds himself tied onto sacrificial poles as a tongue from above comes down to lick him.
He bites the tongue, causing Patrick to get hurt, as it was his tongue. He starts drinking all the water in the aquarium, but before all the sea chimps get swallowed, Plankton puts them all within his shrinking belt.
When they get eaten, SpongeBob arrives and sees that Patrick was the one eating his sea chimps the whole time, not Gary. Denying such an allegation, Patrick walks out. Right after, the sea chimps and Plankton grow to larger size while expanding Patrick's belly. Seeing that his lie was exposed, Patrick sheepishly admits to eating them and says the sea monkeys weren't that good. The sea monkeys then get out of Patrick's stomach. SpongeBob greets them, stating he is their master, but they refuse to serve as pets anymore and decide to live in the Chum Bucket, causing Karen to panic and abandon the restaurant. Plankton concludes that they can't stay in the Chum Bucket anymore and launches the restaurant several miles away from him.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Hawaiian Holiday - Kapono Beamer [Title card]
◦ La La Song - Eban Schletter [Sea chimps singing inside SpongeBob's aquarium]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob gives Karen his sea chimps to watch them]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs launches Plankton back to the Chum Bucket]
‣ Silly Season A - David Bell, Otto Sieben [Plankton screams as his device lands on him]
• Daily Chores Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Plankton crawls to the Chum Bucket]
‣ Farewell to the Islands - Kapono Beamer [Plankton sees SpongeBob's sea chimps' aquarium]
‣ Classic Soap 1 A - Dieter Reith [Karen's show]
‣ Farewell to the Islands - Kapono Beamer ["Sea chimps, huh?"]
◦ La La Song - Eban Schletter [Sea chimps singing inside the aquarium again]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell ["Wait a minute. Maybe I've been going about this world conquest thing all wrong."]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (d) - Dick Walter [Plankton laughs evilly]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Walter [Plankton puts on a shrinking belt]
‣ Final Fate - Max Saunders [Plankton shrinks himself and dives into the aquarium]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco [Sea chimp mistakes Plankton for a banana]
‣ Unknown Track 103 - Plankton throws a sea chimp away
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco [Sea chimps get afraid of Plankton]
‣ ? [Sea chimp with a crown appears]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco [Plankton proclaims himself the king of the sea chimps]
‣ ? [Plankton slips on a banana peel and falls]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco [Plankton orders sea chimps to fall as well]
‣ ? [All sea chimps fall down]
• Dunces and Dragons - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Castle exterior is shown]
‣ Happiness Castle - Maurice De Courpalay [Sea chimps giving Plankton all their valuables]
‣ ? [Sea chimps carrying Plankton on his throne]
‣ ? [Plankton riding a scooter]
‣ ? ["Ta-da!"]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco ["Piggyback for the king! Let's see how fast this old lady can go."]
• Rodeo Daze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton riding on an old sea chimp lady]
‣ ? [Plankton falls backward]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor Narholz [Plankton tied in between two poles]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor Narholz [Plankton about to be sacrificed]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Patrick's tongue bitten]
‣ Hawaii Hawaii [#28] - Lisa Doby, Lionel Wendling [Patrick drinking all the water of the aquarium]
‣ Unknown Track 103 - SpongeBob screams
‣ Editor's Run Down (a) - Dick Walter [SpongeBob runs to Patrick]
‣ Honolulu March - Hans Haider [SpongeBob hears sea chimps inside Patrick's stomach]
‣ Old Hilo March - Kapono Beamer [Ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob SquarePants Vol. 20 and The Complete Twelfth Season DVDs.
- This episode was paired up with "Stormy Weather" during the original American airing, but has since been re-airing with "Gary's Got Legs."
- Jill Talley makes a cameo in Karen's soap opera.
- This episode, along with "Stormy Weather," preceded the series premiere of the Nickelodeon animated series Lego City Adventures.
- During the promo for this episode, a clip from "Squid's on a Bus" can be seen.
- In production order, this and the next episode "Plankton's Old Chum" both have Plankton's name in the title.
- In the UK, the scene where Plankton tells the former chimp king to put the shrinking belt on themselves and the other chimps while they are falling out of the aquarium is cut out. This cut was made for seizure reasons.
- This is the first time the APM track "Hawaiian Holiday" plays as the title card music.
- A pair of chimps reference the tale "Rapunzel" by mimicking Rapunzel and the knight.
- Three chimps act out the three wise monkeys.
- One of the paintings in King Plankton's castle parodies The Birth of Venus.
- Three chimps similarly interlock their arms to the Barrel of Monkeys toy.
- Mr. Krabs' "Rude Goldfish device" line references the Rube Goldberg machine.
- Sea chimps reference Sea-Monkeys.
- When Patrick spits Plankton out, he said one of his antennae was digested. However, in the next shot, his antenna reappears.
- When Plankton is being held by Mr. Krabs, he appears a darker shade of green than normal for a split second.
- In the end credits, all of Jill Talley's voice roles are mistakenly attributed to Sirena Irwin.
- In the French opening credits, John Trabbic's surname is misspelled as John trabbic.
- Vincent Waller's surname is also misspelled as Vincent Wailer.