Template:Infobox episode Characters Present:
- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squilliam Fancyson
- Police Officer
- Residents of Bikini Bottom
- Mable Jenkins
PlotSquidward exits his house, saying "Another beautiful Sunday". He goes down the street, dancing, but steps on some gum and falls. He frantically tries to get it loose. He finally does, and tosses the gum aside. A policeman sees the gum and inspects it. He then walks over to Squidward, thinking he littered, and asks Squidward about the gum, to which Squidward replies, "I just stepped in it." The policeman says "Boy, you sure did", and gives him a ticket sentencing him to community service.
It then cuts to Squidward picking up trash (with some people giving him their trash), then Squilliam comes along and brags about the statue that was made of him for cleaning up Bikini Bottom in only one week, to which Squidward replies, "I can clean it up in one day!". Squilliam then gets out a tissue and blows his nose on it, and says "Here, this should get you started.", and drops it on the ground. The policeman comes along, sees the tissue, and thinks Squidward dropped it. He then gives Squidward another ticket.
When Squidward looks for place to put his trash, he sees that all the cans and dumpsters are full, so he "borrows" a kid's toy wagon. Mable sees Squidward with the trash and she tells everyone it's Trash Day, soon the trash in the wagon becomes a trash moutain. SpongeBob comes out of one of the garbage bags and offers Squidward to help him when he discovers the life cycle of a Krabby Patty (one that was thrown out). Squidward says "He'd rather be beaten to a pulp", then the boy and his mother appear, with the boy telling his mother to beat Squidward to a pulp. Squidward is beaten and covered in trash. The policeman thinks Squidward made the mess and gives him another ticket. Squidward then accepts SpongeBob offer and Spongebob gets rid of all the trash.
Squidward goes home and relaxes, until he realizes his house is made of garbage. He runs outside and sees that the garbage was made into a replica of Squidward's house. The policeman gives Squidward two tickets (one for the garbage house and one for the first ticket falling on the ground). Squidward gets so angry, his nerves spell out "I am angry". SpongeBob asks why and Squidward finds out his house is on top of the replica because the dump is closed. SpongeBob took it to his house by sucking the garbage onto his body. When Spongebob talked, garbage came out of his mouth, leading the policeman to give Squidward another ticket.
Squidward puts the trash-filled SpongeBob in SpongeBob's own bin (giving Squidward another ticket for putting his trash in someone else's property). SpongeBob finds that the reason why Squidward wants to get rid of the trash is to get a statue of himself. SpongeBob makes a statue of Squidward made of the garbage. Squilliam says the statue is just like Squidward, having the stench of faliure. The horrible stench melts Squilliam's statue, ruining it, and Squilliam surprisingly gets a ticket. Before the end of the episode, SpongeBob and Squidward get tickets for the statue made of garbage.
- Squidward said it was Sunday, and he was made to do community service, but he should have had to do community service anyway, along with SpongeBob and Patrick, because of the episode "Good Neighbors" in which the man at the end told Squidward, "You'll be doing community service every Sunday for the rest of your life." (They possibly could have been released early for good behavior, or that their debt to socity has been payed off. It is also possible this episode came before Good Neighbors.)
- Since gum is bio-degradable, therefore environmentally safe, it isn't considered littering.
- Since the policeman punishing Squidward was punishing him for things that weren't his fault, he could've possibly have been fired a long time later in the Spongebob storyline.
- This episode was formerly called, "Trashman Squidward."
- This episode marks the second time a Krabby Patty has only a minor role/appearance in an episode. The first was Shuffleboarding.
- Squidward got so many Community Service notes though he didn't go to jail for littering.
- The police man gave 8 tickets to Squidward, 1 to SpongeBob, and 1 to Squilliam making it a total of 10 tickets.
- Out of the eight times that Squidward was given a ticket, the officer gave him a ticket for using someone else's property (trash can) to put in garbage.
- Running gag: The police man gives Squidward tickets for things that weren't even his fault.
- When Squidward didn't do the littering, it's curious that he didn't say that he didn't do it and/or who did it.
- This is the second episode that SpongeBob got Squidward in community service by mistake; the first episode was Good Neighbors.
- This is the first episode of 2010. Additionally, it is also the first episode of the 2010s decade.
- Squidward wins against Squilliam in "Band Geeks" and "House Fancy". Squilliam wins in Squilliam Returns, Professor Squidward and I Heart Dancing. This is the first tiebreaker episode with them.
- This episode's name is an obvious reference to the "Keep ____(County or city)___ Beautiful" sayings written on public trash cans or public benches.
- In the episode numerous times, fish skeletons are seen in the trash, even though everyone in Bikini Bottom is a fish or sea creature (except Sandy, Mermaid Man, and Barnacle Boy).
- Squidward's eyes were open after he drank the tea, so he should have seen the garbage.
- Squidward doesn't wear shoes, so he should have noticed that his floor did not feel the same in the garbage house.
- When Spongebob soaked up all the trash, it's similar to the time when he soaked up the grease on Greasy Buffoons.
- Officer John is fatter than usual in this episode.
- This is the third time Squillam cries.
- The first time that Squilliam's statue is shown, it has no unibrow, but near the end and right before the statue melts, it has a unibrow.
- When Squidward got SpongeBob's trash can, he ran to his house to get it, not SpongeBob's. It is possible that SpongeBob keeps his trash can near Squidward's.
- In the scene where the kid's mom puts the trash trash to Squidward. The policeman could have see it.